This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

dlp252 Apprentice

Yeah, I've read a lot of complaints on their forum about the shipping issues. Fortunately for me I've received all my orders within a week so far. Before the site switchover I used DHL mostly, but since then I've been using USPS because it's much cheaper, and I still get the order within the week (used it two or three times now). I keep trying to figure out what goes wrong (mostly so I can keep avoiding it, lol).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star

When I read about something having a lot of problems, I try to keep in mind that happy people rarely comment...

Mango04 Enthusiast
When I read about something having a lot of problems, I try to keep in mind that happy people rarely comment...

Perhaps you missed the first 175 pages of this thread? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

Ok fine, happy cult members do comment.

But I know for me, if I order a product, get it, and have no issues, I don't go back to the place I ordered it from and say, hey, this is great. I might, however, be inclined to say something if I didn't like the product, or the shipping was bad or I was unhappy about something else.

Mango04 Enthusiast
Ok fine, happy cult members do comment.

But I know for me, if I order a product, get it, and have no issues, I don't go back to the place I ordered it from and say, hey, this is great. I might, however, be inclined to say something if I didn't like the product, or the shipping was bad or I was unhappy about something else.

Ha yeah, I know. I just thought it was funny in the context of this thread.

Has anyone tried Spring Clean? I really like the browns, and that looks like a good one. How about Yard Sale or Sandy Bottom?

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Has anyone tried using EDM has nailpolish yet? You paint a layer of minerals onto your nails, and then cover with some clear polish. I found some semi-natural polish Open Original Shared Link that I'm going to try and get my hands on. Must investigate a new was to use EDM! :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

No I haven't tried it as nail polish...doesn't the color come off when you paint the clear over it? Hum, I MUST try it...my foot is almost healed enough that I can paint my toenails. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

Donna!! I just saw your (avatar) car parked down the street -if yours has a sun roof-.

Are you (virtually) visiting one of my neighbors and didn't even come over to my house?? :angry::P

confused Community Regular

Has anyone orderd to get the new spcials of gold, siver and bronze eye shadow. Im thinking of doing an order cause im out of green tea and i want the eye shadow kabuki(if they still have it). I really dont need anything else tho so not sure how i would get to spend 40 bucks lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh Jess! I DO apologize, lol! I really should have stopped in to say hello! :lol:

Actually I'm parked down the street from me too, lol. The last two Saturdays when my mom took me grocery shopping we passed it! :P

Paula, I got the freebies...I really like the looks of all three. I tried Bronze metal and really like it. It's not a bold color, so it looked very natural on my eyes. I think it might make a good "bronzer" blush too, so I want to try that next.

The silver medal reminds me of Smokey Pink with less pink, lol. I'm not sure I'm going to like that one, but since I didn't like Smokey Pink (hum, what's that other sort of silvery shadow...it's similar to that one too), maybe this one will be different enough that I'll like it.

The Gold Medal looks like a soft yellow with some pearlescent tendencies. I don't normally like yellows, but I think I might like this one.

aim301 Rookie

I'm totally new to this thread, I can't believe how long it is! I was reading everything, but then I realized it's 176 pages and decided to just post already!

I ordered my free samples yesterday and then emailed my friend (we both use Bare Minerals) to tell her about it. I'm super excited to get mineral make up so much cheaper!

So we can order more than one free sample pack? Because I ordered all 3 foundations in Original Glo, and now that I think about it, I probably should have varied the types of foundation a bit.

Thanks to the OP for this fantastic info!

Jestgar Rising Star

Yay Aim301!

Welcome to the cult thread!

Turns out that talking about makeup is almost as much fun as using it.

aim301 Rookie

Thanks! I saw, like 100 pages ago, that people were asking about brushes. I recently bought some cheap drug store brushes (an angled eyeliner brush and a small concealer brush that I use as a lip brush), and they've worked fine with my Bare Minerals. I also saw that someone asked about cleaning brushes. I just started using this all natural laundry soap, I'm soaking my brushes in that today. It's Charlie's Soap. It's supposed to be really gentle and effective. I've just started using it, so I don't have a full opinion on it yet, but it seems all right so far.

Jestgar Rising Star

I wouldn't have though of laundry soap. It doesn't leave any residue on the brushes? Is it a liquid?

Green12 Enthusiast
I'm totally new to this thread, I can't believe how long it is! I was reading everything, but then I realized it's 176 pages and decided to just post already!

I ordered my free samples yesterday and then emailed my friend (we both use Bare Minerals) to tell her about it. I'm super excited to get mineral make up so much cheaper!

So we can order more than one free sample pack? Because I ordered all 3 foundations in Original Glo, and now that I think about it, I probably should have varied the types of foundation a bit.

Thanks to the OP for this fantastic info!

Hi aim301, glad you jumped in and posted!

You can only order one sample kit per order, so if you would like to try out different foundation formulations or even color categories just place a seperate order. You can do this as often as you like, I've already ordered 5 so far trying to pin down my perfect foundation match.

I was using my face cleanser to wash my brushes, then I realized I was wasting it. So I stole Donna's idea of using castille soap. It's like 5 bucks or so for a 16 oz bottle and very concentrated so you only need a little, it will last a long time. Plus, it can be used to clean other things.

Darn210 Enthusiast

You know, I just have to say that every so often I pop in here to check . . .

Surely they must be off topic by now . . . They can't still be talking about make-up!!!

:lol::lol:

But you prove me wrong every time . . .

. . . and just whose job is it at that company to come up with names like "spin cycle", "waffle cone", "gold medal", "dust bunnies", "lint trap", etc??

Mango04 Enthusiast
. . . and just whose job is it at that company to come up with names like "spin cycle", "waffle cone", "gold medal", "dust bunnies", "lint trap", etc??

:lol: !

I don't know, but I want that job!

...and I actually just checked to see if they do in fact have something called "lint trap" (they don't really, right? :unsure::lol: I mean it wouldn't surprise me )

Jestgar Rising Star
:lol: !

I don't know, but I want that job!

...and I actually just checked to see if they do in fact have something called "lint trap" (they don't really, right? :unsure::lol: I mean it wouldn't surprise me )

'dust bunnies' sounds perfectly reasonable though?

Green12 Enthusiast
Surely they must be off topic by now . . . They can't still be talking about make-up!!!

But you prove me wrong every time . . .

:lol: Janet

There really is this much to say about make-up!

I would love to have that job, whoever picked "New Car Smell" and "New Socks" has got to go.

...and I actually just checked to see if they do in fact have something called "lint trap"

Um, me too :ph34r:

:lol:

Mango04 Enthusiast
'dust bunnies' sounds perfectly reasonable though?

Well, yeah. It's kinda cute sounding. I can picture a nice gray eyeshadow with flecks of sparkly white. Dust bunnies would be the perfect name, and it would go nicely with the "missing socks" lip gloss. ;):rolleyes:

Darn210 Enthusiast

So . . . what you guys are telling me is that I should apply for the job!!

:lol::lol:

Mango04 Enthusiast

Okay let's start a new list. Best possible names for new EM colors (yeah I have work to do but this would be more fun :ph34r: )

1. Dust Bunnies (sparkly gray eyeshadow)

2. Lint Trap (gray eyeshadow, without the sparkle)

3. Yoga Mat (a nice blue eye shadow)

4. Streaky Mirror (multi colored face highlighter)

5. Green Algae (kind of like mint...)

6. Backpack (purple eyeliner)

7. Shower Cleaner (frosty white lip gloss)

aim301 Rookie
I wouldn't have though of laundry soap. It doesn't leave any residue on the brushes? Is it a liquid?

I'll let you know tomorrow...after I've used them again! I've been having some itchy skin issues, so I switched to this all natural soap a couple of weeks ago; this is the first time I've used it for my brushes. But one of the company's big claims is that is leaves absolutely no residue. My sister uses it on her baby's clothes, and she said her older son's skin totally cleared up using it (KP runs in our family). I'll be interested to see if my skin clears (I have KP, too) between going gluten-free and using natural soap.

Anyhoo, I figured it was worth a try on my brushes. Oh, and yes, it's a liquid, but they make powder versions too.

Jestgar Rising Star

8. Destination (a sultry purple eye shadow)

9. Yard crew (golden finishing powder)

AndreaB Contributor

Welcome Aim301! :)

The new color list :lol:

I wash my brushes using my shampoo. It works pretty well. I like the castille soap idea as well.

Archived