This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Green12 Enthusiast

Birdie, I try to clean them once a month. If yours are getting goopy from the creams you have to use I would say you are going to have to clean them a lot more frequently.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ohsotired Enthusiast
Are we doing swaps? I have two full size 'fair' foundation, one matte, one intensive (i think) that I got while I was anemic and the color of a dead fish. Now that I have a few more red blood cells, this stuff is way too light for me. Is there someone with a naturally creamy complexion that wants it??

um, not to imply that anyone interested is the color of a dead fish or anything.... :ph34r:

With all the raves about EDM I'm about to order a sample kit, and the "dead fish" color looks like it might be right on for me. ;) (I'm super pale, with freckles.) SO, if no one else will take it off your hands, I might be interested.

What might you want to swap for? I have a bunch of stuff from other mineral makeup companies that I could be persuaded to part with.......... I'll shoot you a PM.

Jestgar Rising Star

Excellent! I'll send you the foundation and whatever other colors don't work for me. You can send me anything doesn't work for you. How does that sound?

dlp252 Apprentice

Woo hoo trading has begun! :)

If I hadn't already sent Andrea some stuff I might have gotten in the action, lol.

ohsotired Enthusiast
Excellent! I'll send you the foundation and whatever other colors don't work for me. You can send me anything doesn't work for you. How does that sound?

Sounds good to me! Did you get my PM?

cruelshoes Enthusiast

While we are trading, I have several unopened samples of the fair medium foundation I will throw into the mix. I think they are original Glo and intensive. I also have a full-sized fair medium foundation (not sure if I opened it, if I did, I only used it once. I can check when I get home from work. It is Original Glo) I have decided that color is too dark for me, and my perfect matches are multitasking neutral or fairly light. I am OK with my dead fish color complexion. :lol:

I also have a full-sized everyday bronzer that I am never going to use (tried it a few times, can't get the application technique down).

I'm up for trading! Don't you just love this gluten free makeup? ;)

cmom Contributor

For anyone who doesn't know this: Just found out after a live chat that the old site is totally gone, no longer accessible. However, if you do prefer paying by check (as I do), you can total up your cart and print it out and then send it with your check. They will still accept that form of payment. Special won't be up until Tuesday, so I'm holding off till then! <_<

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac-mommy Collaborator
While we are trading, I have several unopened samples of the fair medium foundation I will throw into the mix. I think they are original Glo and intensive. I also have a full-sized fair medium foundation (not sure if I opened it, if I did, I only used it once. I can check when I get home from work. It is Original Glo) I have decided that color is too dark for me, and my perfect matches are multitasking neutral or fairly light. I am OK with my dead fish color complexion. :lol:

I also have a full-sized everyday bronzer that I am never going to use (tried it a few times, can't get the application technique down).

I just have some samples-nothing to trade, but I love the bronzer, I can buy it from you.

Jestgar Rising Star
Sounds good to me! Did you get my PM?

Yes, I just got to work so I could check the forum :ph34r:

I'll send you my address. I like autumny, but not orangy colors (golds and deep reds and such).

Jestgar Rising Star

hmm, might hit you up for the fair-medium, but I am also low on trading material. I'll have to rifle through the house and see if I have anything else worth bartering.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I also have a bunch of ELF stuff that's untouched if anyone wants that to trade. I'm new to the EM makeup and am getting rid of everything else!

HeartofGlass224 Rookie

I'm so disappointed in the shipping. I've always taken the cheapest shipping option....this time it was $10 for USPS. I don't think my makeup has ever taken more than a week to get here. I ordered on July 9, and still haven't gotten my stuff. That's like an eternity when you're waiting for new EDM, right? So I emailed CS, and they said it could take 2-3 WEEKS for my order to arrive!!!! The tracking info on USPS.com only says the electronic shipping info has been received. I can't believe they're saying so long! Unreal! It seems like shipping's really gotten screwed up since the new site opened, reading everyone else's issues too. I want my makeup! :angry:

Has anyone gotten the free color with this past special? I can't remember what it was. I'm so curious about it though. I wish they'd start posting pics of the freebies.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Green12 Enthusiast

Trading!!! How fun :)

As soon as I figure out what my best colors I'll probably have a lot of small/samole size things to trade.

I'm so disappointed in the shipping. I've always taken the cheapest shipping option....this time it was $10 for USPS. I don't think my makeup has ever taken more than a week to get here. I ordered on July 9, and still haven't gotten my stuff. That's like an eternity when you're waiting for new EDM, right? So I emailed CS, and they said it could take 2-3 WEEKS for my order to arrive!!!!

Has anyone gotten the free color with this past special? I can't remember what it was. I'm so curious about it though. I wish they'd start posting pics of the freebies.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

I'm so sorry the shipping is taking so long for you :( I have always chosen USPS too, my last order got here in 2 days. Makes me wonder if it is an issue with their inventory rather than shipping??

I got Salon Fun Blush as the freebie, not sure if that was the most recent special or the one before. I like Salon Fun, but after trying Weekend Getaway I have realized that some of the "pinky" blushes aren't best for me.

MNBeth Explorer

I got my second sample kit last week, and haven't liked anything. :(

First I tried the Pearl Pick Me Up concealer, and very quickly discovered that shimmer is not flattering to me at all. My skin is bumpy from a mysterious skin condition, and the shimmer just accentuates every little bump.

Naturally, then, it turns out that everything else I got is shimmery, too - two* Original Glo foundations and Walkee Talkee blush. (*The 3rd foundation I ordered for my biracial daughter; that didn't work, either.)

Anyway, by the time I had all that on, I looked like the Tinman! I'm sure I overdid the PPMU, but even the Original Glo is more shimmer than I want. Am I the only space cadet that didn't notice the shimmer in the Original Glo before?

I also got the Spring Berries lip gloss. I like the color a lot, but prefer to wear something on my lips that wears a little longer. I really like the liquid lipsticks like Cover Girl Outlast, and have found that the EDM lip glosses make good replacement topcoats for those - Natural to tone down too-intense shades, and Spring Berries to deepen too-light tones. So I'm happy with that. (I think the Natural lip gloss is AWFUL by itself. When I read "natural," I didn't think they meant the same color as the rest of my face!)

So now I'm trying to put together another sample kit, with NO Original Glo or shimmers or sheens or whatever, and still trying to match foundations for myself and my biracial daughter. The look book had two models with very different coloring both wearing Sandy Medium, so that was confusing. Not sure which direction I'm going with that.

This much I do know: I'm spending too much time w/my make-up these days!

confused Community Regular

I didnt like the pearl stuff either. It made me look terrible. The bad thing is i got the big containers, have no idea what im going to do with it lol.

I have been playing around and i found if i mix the summer silk dust with the regualr silk dust then it is perfect. I could almost even just use it as a foundation, almost is the key word lol

paula

Green12 Enthusiast
Am I the only space cadet that didn't notice the shimmer in the Original Glo before?

I use Original Glo and it's not shimmery for me. I am wondering if you had shimmery residue left on your brushes?

I finally ordered a make-up book, I decided on the Kevin Aucoin one, Making Faces. It should be here in a few days :D

Bobbi Brown also has a new one coming out in December, it's supposed to be really good, so I might get that one too when it's released.

MNBeth Explorer
I use Original Glo and it's not shimmery for me. I am wondering if you had shimmery residue left on your brushes?

You may well be right; I hadn't thought of that!

Jestgar Rising Star

Brush sale at Open Original Shared Link

They supposedly have very few, and I saw the same set at a different site for $56.

ohsotired Enthusiast
Brush sale at Open Original Shared Link

They supposedly have very few, and I saw the same set at a different site for $56.

That set is awesome, and a great price!

Are you having fun with your goodies? ;)

Jestgar Rising Star
That set is awesome, and a great price!

Are you having fun with your goodies? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Clearly I'm having so much fun I had to get more brushes!!

HeartofGlass224 Rookie

What do you guys think about the bamboo eye brushes? They just seem too floofly to me.....

Still no order, I sent another, not-so-nice, email today, Tuesday will be three weeks. Mango, you got your makeup to Prague faster than I got it to New York, didn't you? LOL

Mango04 Enthusiast
What do you guys think about the bamboo eye brushes? They just seem too floofly to me.....

Still no order, I sent another, not-so-nice, email today, Tuesday will be three weeks. Mango, you got your makeup to Prague faster than I got it to New York, didn't you? LOL

Ha, yeah, I did. Everyone should seriously just move to Europe for faster make-up delivery. :rolleyes: LOL

Mango04 Enthusiast

I see Donna. Hi Donna! :P

Jestgar Rising Star

I keep forgetting to post that I have looked like a trollop all week (Thanks Crystal :D )

I hadn't realized that the formulation of the EM eyeshadows made them difficult to overuse. I used my finger to apply a different companies eyeshadow and I looked like a vegas show girl :lol: :lol:

I dimmed that day down a bit, but it has been fun being a floozy.

ohsotired Enthusiast

Your post is worthless without pictures, my dear. ;):lol:

Aren't those FUN though? Have you hit the website to see all the crazy colors?

That company tends to be a little too sparkly for me, so I don't actually own any full size colors, but I'm planning on ordering some things from the custom pigment bar.

Photos! We need photos! LOL Glad you're having fun with them!

Archived