This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The American Idol Thread...2008

blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Fellow American Idol Fans!!

I decided to start this thread once again since it was very popular last season. I cannot believe it is already time to start American Idol again...

Hope this catches on like it did last year. Try-outs are being aired tomorrow night!!!!

:):):):)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice

I can't believe it's here already, lol.

confused Community Regular

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i cant wait

paula

I know where did the year go?

I saw Jordyn Sparks has a song thats popular right now, not too bad of a song.

Guhlia Rising Star

Woo-hoo!!! I can't wait!!! And this year Tori will actually be in bed before AI starts so we'll be able to enjoy the whole show! :)

Green12 Enthusiast

I've been an AI fan, It's fun to watch.

I've heard rumblings it's kind of losing it's steam :o

I think they just announced recently all these former AI had been dropped from their record companies like Katherine McPhee, The Soul Patrol guy (totally blanking on his name), Fantasia, Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, I thought they even said Jordan was too even though she has one hit out right now. I guess they say the interest hasn't been there.

I hope this year they have some spectacular talent.

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast

Just to clarify Clay Aiken was NOT dropped from his contract. He is currently starring on Broadway in Spamalot and working on a new album due out this summer sometime.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I really like Kelly Clarkson, I can always sing along to her music :)

Green12 Enthusiast
Just to clarify Clay Aiken was NOT dropped from his contract. He is currently starring on Broadway in Spamalot and working on a new album due out this summer sometime.

I stand corrected!

Green12 Enthusiast
I really like Kelly Clarkson, I can always sing along to her music :)

I do too, I don't know what happened with all the bad publicity of her last album?

babinsky Apprentice

The "Soul Patrol" guy was Taylor Hicks...I really liked him on the show but he kinda bombed afterwards.....my farorite is Carrie Underwood and I think Chris Doughtry is one of the best to come out of AI...and he didn't even win.

Green12 Enthusiast
The "Soul Patrol" guy was Taylor Hicks...I really liked him on the show but he kinda bombed afterwards.....my farorite is Carrie Underwood and I think Chris Doughtry is one of the best to come out of AI...and he didn't even win.

Oooh, I really like Chris Daughtry too. I also like Carrie. Kelly, Chris, and Carrie are probably my favorites.

I also liked Ruben on the show, don't know what happened to him there, post show.

And Bo, he was one of my faves on the show for his season.

my favorited have been bo, chris, and blake. I dont care for carrie underwood, her music is ok, i just dont really like her. I also like kelly pickler, its almost like the ones that dont win, do much better then the ones that do win.paula

Guhlia Rising Star

I am such an AI geek. I have Bucky, Daughtry, Carrie, Kelly, and Fantasia all on c.d.. I probably have more than that and just can't think of them. Thus far Blake and Carrie have been my favorites on the show.

What is Blake doing now? I haven't heard anything about an album.

I watched an interesting show about Simon Cowell the other day. Did anyone else see it? It was all about how he brought the show over from England and they got turned down by every network they pitched it to and then some executive's daughter begged him to air it and they did and that's how Idol started. Then it went on to talk about how Simon makes a fortune on every Idol contestant's album (not just the winners). It was actually a really interesting show.

IDOL TONIGHT!!!!

*edit* I just googled blake lewis and found his site and bought his album on amazon. :) I didn't know it was out yet. YEA!!!

I like Daughtry's latest song, Over You, but the others I had not been crazy about. I hate "Going Home" song, it got overplayed when they used it on Idol.

I cannot stand Taylor Hicks, I think it is probably his looks, he just looks too old to be an AI.

dlp252 Apprentice

Angie, I saw that (or at least part of it) special on Simon. It was very interesting!

Cheri A Contributor

Yay! It's time for Idol again!! :D

That's very interesting about Simon. DH and I were happy that when Chris D. was sent home. We thought he'd do better for himself rather than owe his soul to AI. Carrie, Chris, and Kelly Clarkson are my favorites from AI.

Ridgewalker Contributor

I would be surprised if Idol is losing steam. They were breaking records again all last season. Blake was definitely my favorite last year. Chris Daughtry is HUGE around here, since he's local. My husband used to work with someone who lived down the street from him.

I'm looking forward to the new season, and I'm hoping they'll have a couple good rockers. I loved Gina from last year, and was bummed when she got the boot.

dlp252 Apprentice
I loved Gina from last year, and was bummed when she got the boot.

Me too!!! She was one of my favorites!

I too loved Gina!!! She was my favorite, I really think she will get farther away from AI too. She is very talented and is a rock chick.

I could not stand Melinda....

I too loved Gina!!! She was my favorite, I really think she will get farther away from AI too. She is very talented and is a rock chick.

I could not stand Melinda....

oh i agree melinda was awful, did anything come of her or sanjaya?

Gina was awesome all around her music and her attitude.

I hope they have some cute young guys to look at, well not like 21 but like 28 lol

paula

Guhlia Rising Star
Yay! It's time for Idol again!! :D

That's very interesting about Simon. DH and I were happy that when Chris D. was sent home. We thought he'd do better for himself rather than owe his soul to AI. Carrie, Chris, and Kelly Clarkson are my favorites from AI.

Apparently all the Idol contestants are indebted to the show, or at least Simon Cowell. That's the way the Simon special made it sound anyway.

Do you guys think Simon Cowell is his real name? I mean, really... S. Cowell? Scowl? Sounds like a stage name to me. And who's Simon Fuller that's credited as the producer on Idol? Food for thought.

You know, Idol hasn't even started yet and already we have a 2 page thread and counting.

babinsky Apprentice

OK...easy on the too old loooking stuff...LOL. I am with you on the Melinda thing....her mannerisms drove me nuts! Simon is one of the main reasons I watch the show....his expessions are a show all in themselves. I do not like it though when he gets personal though like when he picks on somebodys weight...though I guess all of it is part of the package. I have a friend whos daughter tried out last year ...got past the first couple of stages but didn't make it far enough for TV. She has an amazing voice but did not have the "IT" thing they were looking for I guess. She did win the Idol contest that was put on at the kids high school....against about 100 people.....every little victory counts!

Green12 Enthusiast

I have to admit, I didn't follow the last two seasons as closely as I did the prevous ones.

I am totally drawing a blank on who Melinda is :ph34r:

I also don't watch the auditioning portion, too excrutiatingly painful, so I'll probably be out of the conversation until they narrow it down to the top 12 or so :lol::lol:

I go back and forth on Simon, sometimes I think he is over the top and obnoxious, out of line even, and sometimes I think he is right on with his opinions.

dlp252 Apprentice
I am totally drawing a blank on who Melinda is :ph34r:

She is the one who always looked TOTALLY shocked whenever the judges said something good about her. I think she toned that down in the last few shows though. :P

Archived