Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

The American Idol Thread...2008

I like Amanda too, but I thought she sucked last night. I really like Syesha as well. She's spunky. I think some of the other girls will come into their own after a few times on stage. That first night has to be really hard. I definitely thought that the boys were better than the girls this year, regardless of what Randy said. I liked many more of the boys than I did the girls. I'm so glad we're back into Idol season again!!!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

I think some of the other girls will come into their own after a few times on stage. That first night has to be really hard. I definitely thought that the boys were better than the girls this year, regardless of what Randy said. I liked many more of the boys than I did the girls. I'm so glad we're back into Idol season again!!!

I have to agree with this, lol. From what little I saw of both nights (only the first hour of each), I think the boys did better than the girls, but I did like a couple of the girls' performances.

I think Amanda rocks in more ways than one, :lol: , she is really funny.

I thought the girls were good. I don't know why the ripped apart the one who does the Britney Spears impressions. :huh:

Oh and Tivo sooo is the way to go. The performances really only take 20 minutes to watch. An hour and 40 minutes is way to much time to waste on commercials and filler cr@p. :rolleyes:

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

I think last night Amanda's song choice was what I didnt like. She is so talented and that song didnt allow her to be very vocal at all.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I missed the girls last week, so can't comment :(

Did everybody watch the guys last night?? I thought everyone did pretty good.....

The performances that really stood out for me were:

Michael Johns (sang first, Go Your Own Way)

David Hernandez (Papa Was A Rolling Stone)

David Cook (All Right Now)

David Archuleta (Imagine)

I have a little crush on the Aussie Michael Johns :lol:

And that David Archuleta is such a cutie, I got goose gumps when he was singing.

I felt sorry for Jason Yeager, Simon really ripped into him.

I have a little crush on the Aussie Michael Johns :lol:

Me too! :wub:

:lol:

I liked David Archuleta and David Hernandez. D. Archuleta is such a cute kid, and he seems to have quite a few fans over there already. He'll probably make it pretty far.

Me too! :wub:

He's very handsome and I have rewound my dvr to watch his performance several times :ph34r:

I agree about little David, I think he will go all the way to top 3 if not win. Of course I am saying this without seeing the girls yet, that might change when they enter the equation :lol: But I think thousands and thousands of young girls will vote for him.

He's very handsome and I have rewound my dvr to watch his performance several times :ph34r:

:lol:

What a good idea. I just realized I also have his performance recorded.

:ph34r:

i think the guys are a lot stronger than the girls this season. david archuleta is definitely going to make it to the end. did anyone else know that he won $100,000 on star search when he was much younger?? i didn't read through the whole thread so i don't know if this was discussed already

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/star_search2/...david_archuleta

Joe

Dx Crohn's Disease - December, 1993

Positive Blood Test - November, 2007

Positive Biopsy - December 21, 2007

Gluten Free since December 3, 2007

Crohn's Medication stopped on January 17, 2008

I've got my top 6 guys picked:

All three Davids (which gets confusing), Chikezie, Michael, and Jason. I didn't think Jason had that good of a night but there is something about him that I really like.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but I liked that guy, Bobbie...don't like to watch him, but from what I saw I liked his performance best. I turned off the TV around 8:35 though, so missed a bunch. I've got the last hour recorded, so I'll watch that later.

So, what'd everyone think of the girls. Again I only saw the first hour last night, so only the first 5 girls. I thought they were mostly good...just a few pitch problems here and there. Most of these girls and guys have just amazing voices.

I was most disappointed in Amanda...I didn't think she did as well as she could have. I love her individuality, but I sort of had to agree with Simon last night...her hair was a bit distracting, lol. :lol: I closed my eyes so I could just focus on the vocals and unfortunately she had some rough spots.

I thought I had set my recorder to record the last half of the guys the other night, but apparently I didn't, lol. I DID record the women last night so, I'll watch that later before the results show.

I have to say I was not very impressed of the girls I did see last night. I really like the rocker nurse, Amanda but last night the song she chose was not right, she did Carry on my Wayward Soul but it was not that great. The hair made her look not so great too....my opinion.

36_22_10[1].gif

Wow, I actually forgot last night. I need to set up TIVO, but it conflicts with Biggest Loser. I love that show too.

I was working from home. I'll watch tonight.

I caught most of the guys show. I felt sorry for Jason Yaeger too. Simon is so mean sometimes.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

I am crazy about David Archuleta, along with the rest of America I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he won. I really like Carly too, she's my favorite girl at this point. There are a few others I like, but none so much as those two. They're really awesome.

About Amanda's hair, did anyone else think she looked a bit like Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmations??? lol

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

I am crazy about David Archuleta, along with the rest of America I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he won. I really like Carly too, she's my favorite girl at this point. There are a few others I like, but none so much as those two. They're really awesome.

About Amanda's hair, did anyone else think she looked a bit like Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmations??? lol

I agree about David Archuleta and Carly...

OMGOSH!! That's it...I kept trying to think of what her hair reminded me of...that's it, lol. All I could think of was SUNBURST, lol!!! :lol:

So for anyone who didn't record or watch the show last night here is a picture (hopefully) of the group of ladies...Amanda is unmistakable (but in the middle, just in case, lol):

http://www.americanidol.com/photos/?set=508&seq=1

You hit the nail on the head.... I know she is a little on the goth side and all but this did her no help.

36_22_10[1].gif

I actually usually like the goth look on most people, lol, and I usually like how she does her hair, but this was just distracting to me for some reason. :P

did anyone else know that he won $100,000 on star search when he was much younger?? i didn't read through the whole thread so i don't know if this was discussed already

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/star_search2/...david_archuleta

I heard about that, there are supposedly a few other contestants who had recording contracts at one point, or were close to being in the process of being signed. Michael Johns talked about being in the studio and writing songs, does that mean he's kind of already in the business, but just hasn't broken out yet?

I also heard that Robbie Carrico was in a boy band when he was younger and the rocker thing for him is all an act.

I guess I have mixed feelings about this, the show is about finding an unknown average everyday person and making them a star and this year some of the contestants aren't exactly "unknowns" .

I kind of look at Star Search though as a glorified talent contest :lol: , it's a little different than already being discovered and offered a contract.

I'm still going to watch though :lol:

I need to set up TIVO, but it conflicts with Biggest Loser.

Tivo/dvr is a life saver :lol:

With the writers strike I have to admit I got hooked on Biggest Loser too :ph34r:

Totally agree about David Archuleta, he's a super cutie

When I first saw Amanda's hair I thought back to Carrie Underwood's awesome Heart performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhKTYgDrAws

But Amanda's hair had that extra something going on :lol:

Ok, so I just watched the girls, this is my first time seeing any of them so based on that I think all of them have talent and good voices. I agree that a few of them probably didn't pick the best songs to showcase their voices.

I think I need to see more for any of them to stand out for me.

Jason Yeager, Robbie Carrico, Alexandrea Lushington, and Alaina Whitaker are out.

I feel bed for Jason, I think he really tried.

IMO Alexandrea had a really good voice, I think the song choice was the reason she is going home.

I also heard that Robbie Carrico was in a boy band when he was younger and the rocker thing for him is all an act.

You know, I couldn't put my finger on it until I read this. Robbie was not my favoUrite. I thought he sang well but I just wasn't sure what it was about him. Now I think, maybe I wasn't buying into the Rocker Act . . . long hair and a bandana by itself does not a rocker make. Maybe the rocker voters sensed the discrepancy. I did like him better than Luke.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif