This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The American Idol Thread...2008

blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

so who left I didnt get to watch?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guhlia Rising Star

The stripper David... Hernandez...

Thanks Angie :) I appreciate it, I was down visiting Landen and Jen and lost track of time.

Green12 Enthusiast
The stripper David... Hernandez...

I'm actually ok with David Hernandez leaving.

I don't think any of the three in the bottom tonight did their song selections justice, imo, so it could have been any one of them.

I like Kristy but I think she really needs to step it up big time next week or it will probably be her to go next <_<

Darn210 Enthusiast

I'm happy with David the Stripper Hernandez leaving. Out of those three, and leaving my biases aside, I think he had the poorest performance. I absolutely hated what Kristy did to that song but she sang the bad arrangement well. I said to my husband that I thought she might go but then we would have to listen to that song again!! :lol:

I said to my husband that I thought she might go but then we would have to listen to that song again!! :lol:

Now thats looking at the brighter side of things!

Green12 Enthusiast

Has everyone lost interest already in Idol?!?!? :lol:

I don't know who got kicked off tonight, but I didn't think the performances last night were very good overall.

I did like Michael's actually, and Syesha's (sp?). David Cook's was great, but so much like all the others he has done.

I am confused as to why they all raved about little David Archuletta's performance, it was just all right for me, not exactly "amazing" though imo as Simon said.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast
Has everyone lost interest already in Idol?!?!? :lol:

I don't know who got kicked off tonight, but I didn't think the performances last night were very good overall.

I did like Michael's actually, and Syesha's (sp?). David Cook's was great, but so much like all the others he has done.

I am confused as to why they all raved about little David Archuletta's performance, it was just all right for me, not exactly "amazing" though imo as Simon said.

Last night when I went to bed, I realized nobody had posted about the Tuesday night performances. Maybe David Archuletta got rave reviews just because he did so poorly the week before. I would have to agree that overall there were no great performances.

Julie, the three in the bottom were Amanda, Kristy, and Carly ( :o ) and Amanda was the one sent home. That was alright by me. I wan't an Amanda fan. I didn't see her performance on Tuesday. We turned it on in time to see her critique and they were all over her. If it was anything like her "final" performance last night, then she really did deserve to go.

I don't think they should have done back-to-back Lennon/McCartney/Beatles stuff. They had (for the most part) such a good first week, that they were destined to not be able to repeat.

I saw Amanda go home, I too wondered why they did another Beetles week....last year they mixed it up more. I am not as into this year....I guess no one is really wowing me....I think Ramiele could have went home too...

Darn210 Enthusiast
I saw Amanda go home, I too wondered why they did another Beetles week....last year they mixed it up more. I am not as into this year....I guess no one is really wowing me....I think Ramiele could have went home too...

As much as I don't like Ramiele (seems like a whiner to me), I don't think she's too bad of a singer. I don't think she'll make it to the top six though. I really thought Kristy was going to go . . . 9 lives, that one.

Guhlia Rising Star

I actually thought Amanda did well this week. I liked it. Oh well... I really hope Carly goes soon. There's something about her that I just can't stand! I used to kind of like her, but now I can't wait for her to go. I was so happy to see that America felt the same way. I really don't like Ramiele either.

My faves: David Cook, Jason Castro, and Michael Johns (though I think he's gone downhill big time - so nice to look at)

I also really like what Chikezie's been doing the past couple of weeks. I hope he continues to do stuff like that and stays on for a long time.

imsohungry Collaborator
I really thought Kristy was going to go . . . 9 lives, that one.

Janet- I totally agree about Kristy. But I was not a fan of Amanda either...mainly because I couldn't hear her voice over the band....which I know is her style of rock. It just didn't interest me.

Oh well, until next week...

-Julie

Darn210 Enthusiast
I actually thought Amanda did well this week. I liked it. Oh well... I really hope Carly goes soon. There's something about her that I just can't stand! I used to kind of like her, but now I can't wait for her to go. I was so happy to see that America felt the same way. I really don't like Ramiele either.

My faves: David Cook, Jason Castro, and Michael Johns (though I think he's gone downhill big time - so nice to look at)

I also really like what Chikezie's been doing the past couple of weeks. I hope he continues to do stuff like that and stays on for a long time.

Heeeeyyyyy . . . don't be dishin' Carly!!!!! :lol::lol:

She's actually one of my fave girls . . . her and Brooke . . . although I didn't particularly care for either of their performances this week.

My fave guys this week (this one I bounce around a lot) are David cook and Jason Castro. Totally agree on Michael Johns going downhill. Did you hear him say that apparently he peaked during Hollywood week last night? . . . so he knows, too. Agree on Chikezie, too.

Does anybody on here vote or all you all hot (opinionated) air like me?

Cheri A Contributor

I don't vote ~ I'm not going to spend the time. I'm just all talk, :D .

I'm not as into AI this season, for some reason. Maybe in a few more weeks it will change. I really didn't like Amanda's style much. I liked Gina from last season much better. I do like Carly and Brooke. I was scared that Brooke would be out after her performance. I'm surprised that Carly was on the bottom. I liked her song okay this week, not phenomenal though.

I totally agree that Michael has gone downhill. I have really thought that Chikezie stood out the last few weeks. I liked what he did both weeks. The other guys were forgettable for me. I really don't like David Cook or Jason.

I hope AI learned a lesson here: don't feature the same artist/songs for two weeks in a row!

How do you think the mentors will do: Parton, Mariah Carey, and Neill Diamond?

dlp252 Apprentice

I'm all hot air, lol. :lol: I haven't voted since Ruebin. :P

I'm sort of glad Amanda went. I loved her in the beginning, but each week, I sort of lost that loving feeling. :P

Green12 Enthusiast

I don't vote either, never have.

It surprises me Amanda went home actually, I liked her Janis Joplin-like voice. There are a lot of rockers this season when you think of it, David Cook, Michael Johns for the most part is too, Carly can go that way too.

imsohungry Collaborator

Well, I've got to admit that I voted in past seasons, but it was so tough to get the call through until I just never tried again.

I'm too old to vote now anyway. <_< All of those young, cute guys- I watch them as I slouch around the house in my sweatpants, t-shirt, no make-up, hair in a pony-tail...while cleaning up baby and cat crap. :rolleyes:

I'd say this year my favorites are Brook and David...there is another guy I like, but I get their names confused. Honestly, I think Carly has a very good voice; She just comes across as a little arrogent. (Sorry Janet) ;)

-Julie

Green12 Enthusiast
I'm too old to vote now anyway. <_< All of those young, cute guys- I watch them as I slouch around the house in my sweatpants, t-shirt, no make-up, hair in a pony-tail...while cleaning up baby and cat crap. :rolleyes:

:lol: Julie

Michael Johns I think is 29, that isn't exactly robbing the cradle so I don't feel guilty for having a little tv crush :lol:

Cheri A Contributor

So, what did everyone think of Idol this week?

I wasn't that thrilled with any of the performances this week. I think that Michael Johns was pretty good, Brooke was okay except her false start. I didn't like Carly, David Cook, or David Archuletta at all. I missed Ramielle, Syesha, and Chikezie. I never like Jason. Can't think of who I'm missing here.

Darn210 Enthusiast

I wasn't that thrilled with any of the performances this week. I think that Michael Johns was pretty good, Brooke was okay except her false start. I didn't like Carly, David Cook, or David Archuletta at all. I missed Ramielle, Syesha, and Chikezie. I never like Jason. Can't think of who I'm missing here.

You're missing Kristy . . . I thought she did MUCH better . . . since she got to pick a country song that was a country song and didn't try to countrify the Beatles (Ugh!)

I only saw about half of the performances. Out of the ones I saw, I liked David Cook.

These guys are all pretty good and I agree that it's coming down to song choice (for the most part). They have got to pick a fairly well known song!!! And . . . Heaven Forbid!!! Don't pick a Whitney Houston song!!!! And what's with all the ballads???

It did not surprise me to see Jason in the bottom three. I really like him but it's a charisma/uniqueness thing. I don't think he's the best singer.

Guhlia Rising Star

Wow, I can't believe you guys didn't like David Cook this week. I thought it was the best Idol performance in the history of the show.

Janet, I used to vote until I realized that it says Idol reserves the right to throw out any votes. That kind of pissed me off so I stopped voting.

Ridgewalker Contributor
Wow, I can't believe you guys didn't like David Cook this week. I thought it was the best Idol performance in the history of the show.

I agree about David Cook. I think he is just awesome.

I was really bummed to see Amanda go last week, I was a big fan, sigh.

I thought Carly did fantastic this week, I am surprised people didn't like it so much.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

I am not a regular watcher........but just got sucked in last week - I can't believe the talent this year!

But.......which one's Jason? can't even remember.......

I LOVE - John? is that his name - the one from Australia or New Zealand? Very sexy. :wub:

I do not like David Archuleta but - the teen girls will keep him in. I think the Irish girl has to go next. But - I thought the performances this week were quite good.

Cheri A Contributor
You're missing Kristy . . . I thought she did MUCH better . . . since she got to pick a country song that was a country song and didn't try to countrify the Beatles (Ugh!)

I only saw about half of the performances. Out of the ones I saw, I liked David Cook.

These guys are all pretty good and I agree that it's coming down to song choice (for the most part). They have got to pick a fairly well known song!!! And . . . Heaven Forbid!!! Don't pick a Whitney Houston song!!!! And what's with all the ballads???

It did not surprise me to see Jason in the bottom three. I really like him but it's a charisma/uniqueness thing. I don't think he's the best singer.

Wow, I knew I was missing someone. I did like Kristy this week, for the same reason. :lol: at your comment about the ballads! My dd said the other night, "Why are they singing such sad songs tonight?" :lol:

Janet, I used to vote until I realized that it says Idol reserves the right to throw out any votes. That kind of pissed me off so I stopped voting.

Really, Angie!?! That is ridiculous. Then it is all fixed, then. My hubby and son like David Cook. He just really annoys me, everything about him. I don't like his voice, his look, anything. DH said if I closed my eyes and listened, I'd like him better. I might try that next week. :lol:

I thought Carly did fantastic this week, I am surprised people didn't like it so much.

I usually really like her songs. I thought she was screaming the lyrics too much this week.

I am not a regular watcher........but just got sucked in last week - I can't believe the talent this year!

But.......which one's Jason? can't even remember.......

I LOVE - John? is that his name - the one from Australia or New Zealand? Very sexy. :wub:

I do not like David Archuleta but - the teen girls will keep him in. I think the Irish girl has to go next. But - I thought the performances this week were quite good.

Jason is the one with dred locks.

confused Community Regular

For some reason i can not get into this year, maybe its cause i only watch on wed and not on tuesday lol.

paula

Archived