This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The American Idol Thread...2008

blueeyedmanda

Darn210 Enthusiast

Well . . . I've been out of town, but I saw the shows so I knew who was eliminated as I was catching up on this thread and watching all of you join the Michael John's fan club . . . heeheeheeheehee.

Actually, I was not a fan. I think he probably went too early (based on talent) but I don't think he should have won . . . maybe fifth or so on my list. My friend that I was staying with tivo'd both Tuesday and Thursday so when we watched him do his final song, we were both . . . "that was soooo much better than Tuesday night!!!". Then we went back and watched the Tuesday night version again to make sure. Tuesday night he did that high/falsetto ending thing which didn't sound right to me. Thursday night he didn't and the whole performance seemed to be more passionate. I think in the long run, he'll do OK.

I thought so too. I am not liking Carly as much as I used too. I still really like Brooke.

I actually still like Carly, but she probably should have gone this week. She's just too inconsistent and should be headin' out shortly.

I think Syesha is a good singer, she just needs some personality or some attitude or something!!!

My prediction for the bottom three next week without even hearing them sing is . . . Carly, Syesha, and Kristy. Whoever screws up the biggest will go.

My top three favoUrites are (in order) David Cook, Jason, and Brooke . . . but my prediction for the finals (which I reserve the right to change) is the two Davids.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
de caps Contributor

My top three favoUrites are (in order) David Cook, Jason, and Brooke . . . but my prediction for the finals (which I reserve the right to change) is the two Davids.

Mango04 Enthusiast

LOL about the U :lol: Do all the silly people just automatically do that everywhere now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
LOL about the U :lol: Do all the silly people just automatically do that everywhere now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol:

Yes, tis a requirement. I can be reported for NOT doing it resulting in fines/sanctions on the silly thread :lol::lol: . . . I seem to do it now without even realizing it . . . on other threads . . . in my personal life (if you can believe that I do actually have a life off of this board!!)

Green12 Enthusiast

I didn't think Michael would win, but I really was surprised he went before Kristy, Syesha, and maybe even Carly or Brooke. I thought he would come in 4th or 5th.

As it stands right now, I think it will probably be the two David's in the top 2, I'm not so sure what girl will be in there to round of the top 3. Kristy seems to be gaining momentum, Brooke and Carly kind of go up and down, Syesha could pick up her game and surprise us all.

Guhlia Rising Star

Have any of you guys read all the articles about Carly on votefortheworst.com? For some reason, I don't think they're making the stuff up. She irks me.

I think that the final two will be either David C/Jason or David C/David A. I'm really cheering for the David Cook/Jason Castro standoff though. Can you guys imagine either one of them singing the winner's song though? Those songs are always so cheesy!!! I dunno... Maybe Jason could pull it off. lol

Cheri A Contributor

I went over there and read what they are saying. That would be pretty bad if Randy already knew her.

I have no idea about the final two yet. I'm sure that David Cook will probably be one of them though since we had our shocker last week. I'll just continue to close my eyes and listen! :lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, I couldn't find anything about Carly there...guess I need to go look again, lol.

Green12 Enthusiast
Okay, I couldn't find anything about Carly there...guess I need to go look again, lol.

Donna, that website is a little confusing. When it first loads it's all about popular music stuff, in the top right corner it says something like skip to, or go on to vote for the worst. Once you click on that you are directed to the right place.

My guess that is what was happening with you because once you skip to that next page there is all American Ido stuff and the Carly link is pretty noticeable.

I read through some of the things they are saying about some of the contestants. I had heard some of these rumors on several of the gossip sites around the weeks right before they got it down to the top 24.

If it is true I think what has happened is the ratings really went down the last two seasons, and especially last season, and they were feeling the pressure to find some really good talent to bring the public interest back around like in the seasons of Kelly Clarkson and Ruben/Clay Aiken.

It seems they aren't having as much luck finding "unknowns" that can be made into top selling pop stars. They are having to go with people that have already tried to break into the industry, like with Star Search alums or people who have almost been signed, or were signed but then dropped, by a record label.

So far I think just David Archuletta and Carly have been exposed.

de caps Contributor

David Cook stole the show tonight. The guys were much better then the girls doing Mariah Carey.

chasing4 Rookie

David Cook was awesome tonight.

bluejeangirl Contributor

David Cook is my favorite. He's voice and creativity is awesome. I think the girls have been beaten down by Simon so much they're letting that fear take away from their abilities to perform well. Brooke was shaking towards the end of her song last night. I think Simon does this on purpose. He has David Archuletta already in his mind to win and does his best to sabotoge the girls.

Gail

Guhlia Rising Star

My personal favorite from last night was Jason Castro. I don't know what it is about him, but I can't get enough. I love David Cook too, but his performance last night didn't amaze me like usual. Still, it was good. Jason sings songs that make me all melty inside. lol

Who do you guys think is going home this week? I think it'll be Syesha since voteforthewort.com is still supporting Kristy. It could be Kristy though. Who knows. At this point, there are so many good people anyone could go. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be Carly, but I don't think I'm that lucky. lol

Darn210 Enthusiast
My prediction for the bottom three next week without even hearing them sing is . . . Carly, Syesha, and Kristy. Whoever screws up the biggest will go.

Well, now that I've seen the performances . . . I think the bottom three will be Carly, Syesha, and Brooke. I don't think anybody screwed up but I'm going to predict that Syesha goes. I thought that Kristy did the best out of the girls . . . although we all know that doesn't mean she'll be safe.

So, I didn't even recognize five out of the seven songs . . . I guess that is to be expected, nobody wants to be compared directly to Mariah Carey.

Green12 Enthusiast

First of all, odd that they had a Mariah Carey night when they tell contestants they should never choose Mariah or Whitney songs, but then when they announce her new album comes out tomorrow it all makes perfect sense :lol:

I actually liked Brooke's performance the least.

David Cook just seems to be on an entire different level, what he has done with his songs has been amazing. Why can't the all do that?!?!

I don't know who will go, I'm thinking it might be the girls in the bottom 3 and possibly Jason Castro, even though I really like his unique style.

dlp252 Apprentice

I missed it all of course! :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

You could go watch at AmericanIdol.com or You Tube, you might not get the full effect at work though :lol:

chasing4 Rookie

I'm thinking it's Carly going home tonight.

bluejeangirl Contributor

I think the bottom three will be Kristy, Carly and Brooke. I'm thinking Carly's going tonight.

Gail

de caps Contributor

It's good-bye to Christy tonight.

She'll probably end up with a country career like Kellie Pickler.

I hope she does get her horse back.

Green12 Enthusiast
It's good-bye to Christy tonight.

She'll probably end up with a country career like Kellie Pickler.

Wow, I was kind of surprised. I thought it was going to be Brooke between the two of them.

Kristy really had kicked it up a notch the last few weeks...

Darn210 Enthusiast
Well, now that I've seen the performances . . . I think the bottom three will be Carly, Syesha, and Brooke. I don't think anybody screwed up but I'm going to predict that Syesha goes. I thought that Kristy did the best out of the girls . . . although we all know that doesn't mean she'll be safe.

It was like I knew to throw in that disclaimer at the end!!! :lol:

How tricky were they??? . . . with the David Cook red herring, eh?? OK - Syesha and David, Switch!!!

Me Too.

Green12 Enthusiast
How tricky were they??? . . . with the David Cook red herring, eh?? OK - Syesha and David, Switch!!!

Very tricky, Idol pulled a fast one on us :lol:

This week was really hard to call.

Cheri A Contributor

I guess that "vote for the worst" didn't work this week. I would have rather seen Syesha go home tonight.

Julie, I thought it would be Brooke going home out of those two also. She really hasn't done well the last few weeks at all.

I need to go watch the whole performances at AI or YouTube. David Cook sang my all-time favorite Mariah Carey song.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
I guess that "vote for the worst" didn't work this week. I would have rather seen Syesha go home tonight.

Julie, I thought it would be Brooke going home out of those two also. She really hasn't done well the last few weeks at all.

I need to go watch the whole performances at AI or YouTube. David Cook sang my all-time favorite Mariah Carey song.

That man just rocks. Fabulous handle on his music.

Archived