Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

The American Idol Thread...2008

Today . . . my top three are

David Cook

Brooke

Carly

in that order . . . will probably change next week.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

This week I loved David Cook, Michael Johns, Jason Castro, Syesha and Brooke.

There's a lot of talent but the song choices are bringing a lot of them down I think. Lots of repeat song choices from past seasons too, so it's not new and fresh (i.e. Total Eclipse of the Heart, Heart's Alone, anything Whitney Houston)

I also think David Archuletta has gone down in the rankings the last 2 weeks, he isn't blowing me away like he did in the beginning.

.....luuuuurrrrrvvvvve David Cook..... :):)

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

I am not a regular watcher........but just got sucked in last week - I can't believe the talent this year!

But.......which one's Jason? can't even remember.......

I LOVE - John? is that his name - the one from Australia or New Zealand? Very sexy. :wub:

I do not like David Archuleta but - the teen girls will keep him in. I think the Irish girl has to go next. But - I thought the performances this week were quite good.

Michael Johns... Yeah, he's a cutie, that's for sure.

Today . . . my top three are

David Cook

Brooke

Carly

in that order . . . will probably change next week.

Janet, I'm in total agreement (minus Carly the plant). I adore David Cook, he's amazing! Brooke has really grown on me too. At first I couldn't stand her, but I think she's really coming into her own now. She's very talented. I think third for me would have to be Archuleta from this week. I don't know why, but I really liked that song he did.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Brooke has really grown on me too. At first I couldn't stand her, but I think she's really coming into her own now. She's very talented.

Brooke didn't stand out for me at first either, not sure why.

But the first Beatles week I took notice, she really is talented.

For some reason i can not get into this year, maybe its cause i only watch on wed and not on tuesday lol.

paula

Me either Paula, I was into it in the beginning but since have not been able to keep following it. I hated to see Amanda go and I cannot stand Ramiele. They are all very talented but I am just not as into it this year. Maybe I will catch it next week.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Me either Paula, I was into it in the beginning but since have not been able to keep following it. I hated to see Amanda go and I cannot stand Ramiele. They are all very talented but I am just not as into it this year. Maybe I will catch it next week.

That's how I was last season, and the season before, I just couldn't get in to it.

I think it's hard to stay interested if there isn't anyone you care about or can stand behind, or if your favorite goes early.

I didn't see any of last night's performances so I have no idea how any of them did . . . but Kristy should finely have an advantage, eh? I'll be watching tonight, tho!!

Janet

animal0028.gif

I didn't see any of last night's performances so I have no idea how any of them did . . . but Kristy should finely have an advantage, eh? I'll be watching tonight, tho!!

You can watch each performance on You Tube Janet, if you really want to that is.

I just watched the first one, Brooke, I actually kind of liked it.

One down, several to go.

Ok, so it wasn't painful. Dolly Parton does have an amazing song catalog, not only what she has sung but also what she has written for other singers....it was just the song selection I was worried about, I figured someone would break out the 9 to 5.

I liked several of the performances, David Cook, Michael Johns, Brooke, Syesha, and David Archuletta.

Not so much Kristy or Ramilee, I think either of them might be the one to go.

I really liked Brooke, David Cook, and Michael Johns last night. I actually thought it was one of Michael John's best performances. In fact, between his pretty face and the soulful performance, it kinda made me melt into a puddle of goo on the floor. :P

I thought I was going to hate it last night-- I like Dolly Parton herself, but her music... not so much. But it was actually pretty good.

My prediction for tonight is that it's Ramilee's turn to go.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Thanks for the tip, Julie. I did go and listen to them all on youtube.

Loved David Cook. (Also had to go read how he went to the hospital for high blood pressure)

I think Ramiele actually had the poorest performance (and that's not just wishful thinking this time).

I liked Syesha . . . but when are these performers going to learn NOT to sing the Whitney Houston songs . . . the judges will always compare their performance to Whitney and not the other performers!!!!

One of Michael John's better performances.

Paula annoys me. <_<

Randy's "check it out" annoys me, too. <_<

I predict Jason, Ramiele and Syesha in the bottom three . . . Syesha only because she doesn't seem to have much of a following and keeps ending up there. :(

Janet

animal0028.gif

And Ramiele it is.

Thanks for the tip, Julie. I did go and listen to them all on youtube.

Randy's "check it out" annoys me, too. <_<

Glad to help, I just realized that last week they were all on You Tube. Kind of nice when you miss something, someone will most likely have put it up there.

If Paula says one more time, "You are who you are and that's what I love about you", or something similar, sheesh.

If Paula says one more time, "You are who you are and that's what I love about you", or something similar, sheesh.

:lol::lol: So true!! I have only watched part of Tuesday's performances and missed the show last night. I think Ramiele was the last one I watched sing so far. I was sort of worried about what was going to happen with Dolly's songs too. I will also say that I closed my eyes and listened to David Cook and I liked him much better. :P I'll have to finish watching the rest of them now.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Between her and the "check it out Dawg!" from Randy the two annoy me...at least Simon has a library of comments.

See ya Ramilee.....I was not fond of her....she got on my nerves.....

I do like David Cook though.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Thanks for posting who got the boot, i feel asleep during the last few minutes lmao. Teach me not to take my b-12 on a elimanation night lol.

I am glad she is gone to, she was bugging me last night with her feel sorry for me look lol

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Next week should be interesting who will get the boot.

I think now it will really be about the fans bases and not so much who is more talented (i.e. who wiill win out between the girls who like Jason vs. the country base for Kristy)

I predict Jason, Ramiele and Syesha in the bottom three . . .

OK . . . so I only got one out of three right . . . but it was the right ONE!!!

I agree with Julie, from here on out, it's going to be about fan bases and (I'll add) song choices.

I can't believe Simon commented on Carly's appearance. Although I agree, she needs help with her wardrobe. Those leggings do nothing for her.

I was surprised to see Brooke in the bottom three. I thought she was probably the top female who could do no wrong even if she doesn't have that great of a performance.

I'm ready for David Archulet to go. He's a good singer but he's just too goofy (immature). I think it'll be awhile though with all those love-sick 12 year olds voting for him.

I'm liking David Cook more and more.

Janet

animal0028.gif

Glad to help, I just realized that last week they were all on You Tube. Kind of nice when you miss something, someone will most likely have put it up there.

You can watch them all on the American Idol website too.

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

You can watch them all on the American Idol website too.

Really? You can watch the American Idol performances on the American Idol website....what a concept.

I didn't even think of that, I thought hmmm, now where could I see the performances I missed, oh I'll check You Tube.

OK . . . so I only got one out of three right . . . but it was the right ONE!!!

I can't believe Simon commented on Carly's appearance. Although I agree, she needs help with her wardrobe. Those leggings do nothing for her.

I was surprised to see Brooke in the bottom three. I thought she was probably the top female who could do no wrong even if she doesn't have that great of a performance.

You're good Janet, you have AI esp. I really thought it would be Kristy.

I didn't expect Brooke to be in the bottom three either, I liked her performance.

Simon is always commenting on appearance, like that poor violin player he totally bashed on National tv for the way he looked. Sometimes he can be so rude.

My 2 Cents worth...

I'm not a big fan of Syesha, Kristy, or the guy with the long hair (I can never remember that guy's name to save me).

I like Carly's voice, but honestly, her mannerisms and expressions make her seem like she would be a b*tch to know. Don't hate me people...just my 2 cents.

On voice-talent alone, I would probably buy music by any of them who remain except Syesha, Kristy, and the guy with the long hair.

Paula is having a rough season...she looks jet-lagged, and well, like she's hung-over from a late night of partying. B) She also seems to be having a hard time talking too. Anyone else notice this? She really just rambles on and on.

Randy's newest phrase "keepin' it real" is a nice way to say: "you really screwed up and I'm gonna tell you."

Simon just says it: "That was probably the worst experience my ears have ever had." (or something equally dramatic). :rolleyes:

This post is too long. I didn't realize I had this many opinions about the show :huh: -Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

This season the boys can really out sing all of the girls. Even Chickezee was better than most of the girls. I think most of the girls should have gone before David Hernandez and Chickezee if the compitition was based on talent alone and not popularity. The only girls I think should still be here are Carly and Brooke. I can understand why some people might not think that Jason is idol material but I find him to be so soothing when he sings. As I said, I am loving all of the guys this year.

Ok, why would you need to close your eyes to like David Cook? I think he's freakin adorable. And Paula was right when she said women like smart men. I wouldn't want Tennis Boy to father my children, sorry. I'd pick the guy who understands me when I use big words. And he's so cute!

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill