Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

where? Upper? lower?

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I get left side pain, just under my rib cage. It happens within 30 minutes of eating gluten. Sometimes it is gone in a few hours, other times it stays for days or weeks. Before going gluten free, I had that pain for 9 months straight - ugh! In the past, I found that the pain would even travel across the middle of my stomach (along a line that is just under my rib cage) and then go towards my right side. Of course, my Dr. told me it was "just" irritable bowl and it would get better when my stress level went down.

Chris

I had pain in both sides of my stomach right under my ribcage off and on.My doctor had me do 2 tests for gallbladder before we knew about the gluten issue.It's gone for the most part. I feel a very slight twinge once tn a while....could be a gluten slip up. I did find out I have gallstones....they're probably just laying in wait with plans to attack me when I least expect it!

Kay

Gluten free since 4/11/08

Positive dietary response

Blood test negative

Endoscopy negative biopsy

but found :" Villous blunting and atrophy" and

"Gastric mucosal abnormality characterized by erythema"

Doctor insisted I need to go gluten free for at least 4 months

Best thing I ever did!

yes.......

I actually do have a very strong left side pain but I found out that it was from IBS and when I follow the diet that my doctor gave me about IBS the pain goes away.

In my case it has nothing to do with gluten.

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

I had that pain like Hell before going gluten free....It was before I knew of celiac....it was so scary since nothing would make it go away....now it only gets like that if I am glutened repeatedly. It was very unnerving for me though.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I'd like to know about this too. I have been strictly gluten-free for 4 years now but for the past 7 months off and on I have been getting a debilitating pain in my left side. At first it was down where your ovaries are then it traveled up higher to where your kidney would be and spread around my back. I still have no idea what's going on.