dogle

I Am Also Having Problems With Gluten Free Chex

Rate this topic

This is information regarding "Certified Gluten Free"...

http://www.celiaccentral.org/gluten-free-certification/

Please note, that "certified gluten free" makes no claim of ZERO gluten, it is an endorsement from celiac organizations, that a particular product is with compliance with the federal standard or 20 ppm or less.

In defense of Chex. I do not have an issue with their gluten free products I'm not sure if they have a separate facility for their gluten free products, nor does that concern me. I've been gluten free since 2005.

If you are only buying 'Certified Gluten Free" Products, you might be getting pretty hungry. And if you're new to the diet, it's best to eat whole foods for a while and stay away from processed food and dairy for a while.

Bet of luck to you.

This is information regarding "Certified Gluten Free"...

http://www.celiaccentral.org/gluten-free-certification/

Please note, that "certified gluten free" makes no claim of ZERO gluten, it is an endorsement from celiac organizations, that a particular product is with compliance with the federal standard or 20 ppm or less.

In defense of Chex. I do not have an issue with their gluten free products I'm not sure if they have a separate facility for their gluten free products, nor does that concern me. I've been gluten free since 2005.

If you are only buying 'Certified Gluten Free" Products, you might be getting pretty hungry. And if you're new to the diet, it's best to eat whole foods for a while and stay away from processed food and dairy for a while.

Bet of luck to you.

Good explanation! Thanks.

I think we imagine that there is some person in a lab coat, with a test tube & a microscope, testing each batch and stamping " certified" on the package. Lol

On 6/18/2019 at 11:20 PM, laf2005laurie said:

I think the mystery has been solved this week in the news: Glyphosate in General Mills Cereal reported by the FDA.  It only took 'em a bit less than a decade.

Hah! I was FFing to the end of this thread to reply the same.. Glyphosate indeed. Scary stuff.. gonna have to go organic/non-GMO. I just had a bowl of cinnamon Chex and my throat feels weird and I’ve got heart palpitations. 

On 8/28/2012 at 8:58 PM, Chalula88 said:

The cinnamon chex make me very, very ill as well. This is the first time I have ever gotten sick from a gluten free food. I am pretty sure it is some kind of gluten CC because I have eaten all of the ingredients in other foods without a problem.

I did some research and the website said something about GMO being a culprit. Could this be making people sick?