• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

VydorScope

Is There A List Of Gf Freindly Places?

Rate this topic

Darn...just as I've sent most of them out I get an e-mail today. A June update:

Hello Yaks!

Just wanted to let you know that the updated version (for June 2005) of the SillyYak restaurant guide is now on the site (and all SY members should be receiving a copy of it on June 1st via automated email anyway). 

Well..... there are now 213 listings on it.....  (yes, some are old entries and some restaurants opted to not share any options even after numerous requests, but at least most of the legwork is done for you and the majority of the list is current). 

I have been trying to update some of the older entries, but some of those particular entries are for restaurants that are not in our geographic area, so they aren't on my priority list.

You must have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to view/download/print this guidebook.  Also, it can be uploaded to many PDA's, but you will have to figure out the logistics on that one.  I upload it to mine every month.

I didn't realize that there were over 200 listings on it thus far!  Enjoy!

Have a nice Memorial Day Weekend!

~Melonie :)

The new one is 143 pages. I'll keep you guys updated. I can either send you the new one now (143 pgs. or you can wait another two months or so for the next one). Your choice ;) Just e-mail me again or post here if you want the new one. I'm now sending out the new one to aljf and whoever else inquires about it.

Sent. Sorry to make these posts, but it makes it easier to tell who I've sent it to and in case the intended recipient doesn't receive the file, at least he or she knows I tried to send it and can ask again.

Woohoo, 2400! lol...didn't realize it until after I posted :lol:

Edited by Coulter

You're really nice to do this celiac3270, I would've posted the SillyYaks URL and said join the message board, it's great and has all sorts of great information including restaurants and recipes.

I would recommend that you join, everyone :D

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Silly...yguid=189258570

I'm happy to send the list and am still getting requests. The site has a constantly updating restaurant list, recipe database, e-mail responses from companies are uploaded, as well as member discounts:

10% at Gluten Solutions: http://www.glutensolutions.com

10% at Miss Roben's/Allery Grocer: http://www.allergygrocer.com/

I'm not sure how much at Gluten-Free Savonnerie: http://www.gfsoap.com/ . Someone posts at the board with updates on discounts and sales available multiple times a month.

5% at the Gluten Free Pantry: http://www.gluten free.com

Some of these sites use special links and others have a code you enter at checkout. Am I allowed to post the links and stuff here? I'll ask Melonie if she would mind, but it's worth joining, anyway.

celiac3270, did I read that you have a list of gluten-free restaurants? I am going to Taos, Santa Fe and Albuquerque New Mexico next week and I need to know where I can eat.

If anyone knows any places in these towns, I would love the help!

Thank you,

Fonda

Oops sorry, guess you need that.........

fclumsky@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

About Nashville:

Bonefish grill is a place we can eat at. My parents (My Mom has Celiacs, too) visited a location of theirs in Chattanooga but they have one in Nashville, too. They both enjoyed their appetizers but both didn't enjoy their main meals. That doesn't mean it's all bad but that was their only time there.

http://www.bonefishgrill.com

celiac3270: would you send me the updated restaurant list? You sent me the list earlier this year and it's been very helpful. You are great to take the time to send this out. :D:D

lsteenwyk@bellsouth.net

I'd appreciate the list too, celiac3270. Thanks so much for spending so much of your time helping your fellow celiacs!

rldter@rtccom.net

:)

celiac3270: would you send me the updated restaurant list? My daughter was diagnosed in May, and I am planning for a 2 week trip to the East Coast in August. Based on everyone's comments, I think your list will make the trip much easier for us!

Thanks,

Jane in CA

janemccorkell@cox.net

Guest kmmolina
Oh, I know!  I'll e-mail you a file I have--I posted about it a few months ago, but I have an even newer version now--it's a 136 page Adobe file and it has menus/statements from all chain restaurants, plus a more specific list in certain states: New York, California, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, and Washington DC.  Send me your e-mail address if you want it--the same applies to anyone else.  125 of the 136 pages are chains, nearly all of which would be found in Tenn.  LOL...just make sure you specify the restaurant file, since I still have a steady stream of Delphi Food List file requests :lol:

BTW, got it from Yahoo support group, Silly Yaks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

kmmolina@csufresno.edu. Thanks...

Can I get a copy too? I'm in Cali, and all the lists I've found are east coast.

Thanks

Elonwy

Both sent ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both sent ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, sorry if I'm doing this wrong...my first post. But do you still have that list? If you do could you please send to gina_8899@yahoo.com? My brother is coming to visit me next week in Virginia, and I don't know where to eat besides some of the obvious places.

Thanks for any help you can provide-

Sorry to bug you again. I didn't get it and I have a sneaking suspision it went into my Bulk Mail folder and got trashed. elle871@yahoo.com.

Thank you so much this is awesome.

Elonwy