This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Gluten-Free Fad Is Dangerous - So Is The Backlash - Science 2.0

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link

Science 2.0

In the summer of 2012 I wrote Celiac: The Trendy Disease For Rich White People, which annoyed a few people with celiac disease but a whole bunch of people who had latched onto a fad and craved medical or scientific legitimacy in doing so. That article ...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Interesting that one of Bartfull's quotes is referred to in this article.

GF Lover Rising Star

It seems deceitful to put that quote in there.  The author knows nothing about Barty or her struggles.  Makes her sound like a fad dieter.   He doesn't seem to like c.com either. 

Colleen

bartfull Rising Star

I was away yesterday and just saw this. I went on the site and commented. This clown has attacked the gluten-free diet before and calls it a fad. I'm sure he will insult me further after reading my comment. He's a sensationalst fool who likes to get people stirred up, most likely because hit causes his blog to get more hits. I'm sure the advertisers love it.

GF Lover Rising Star

Sensationalist fool is absolutely correct. 

Colleen

love2travel Mentor
at

I was away yesterday and just saw this. I went on the site and commented. This clown has attacked the gluten-free diet before and calls it a fad. I'm sure he will insult me further after reading my comment. He's a sensationalst fool who likes to get people stirred up, most likely because hit causes his blog to get more hits. I'm sure the advertisers love it.

How awful!  This makes me angry and disturbed.  :angry:   I am so sorry that you have been the brunt of his crap.  :(

GF Lover Rising Star

Great comment Barty.  Will be interesting to see if he replies and what he says if he does. 

Colleen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

lolz - barty, you're famous :D

i AM diagnosed, formally, medically bona-fide celiac.  how about i consider *that* the miracle?  i also know that i am one missed test, one wrong test, one dumb doctor away from still being sick or dead with NO DIAGNOSIS.  my gp was down to his hail mary play, and he happened to be right, this time, after 25  years of missed diagnosis.   if anybody had suggested eating gluten free in my 25 years of digestive misery, i would have tried it.  if i felt better and continued to eat gluten free, i'm wrong not to have a diagnosis?   we need education and better testing - but, hey, buddy, thanks for the kick.  hope it makes you feel good......

IrishHeart Veteran

None of us should care what this asshat thinks, but when he messes with my friends, I get "wicked pissed" and my Bostonian comes out.

I said my peace about this guy on that original thread and I stand by it.

And you, Barty.

To use what c.comers say as his example of his twisted rants about gluten free diets for those of us who need it (celiac, NCGS, or otherwise)

just proves my original point: If you do not walk in our shoes, you do not get to talk about it.

Excellent post you made to this jerk, but do not be surprised if he finds a way to argue it.

This is his "thing".

bartfull Rising Star

Thanks, Irish, and everyone else too. I'm sure he will try to twist what I said or find another way to insult all of us, but honestly, who cares what he thinks? An insult from someone like him should be taken as a compliment. I wouldn't waste my time at all if he hadn't brought me into it.

Archived