This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Yup, you got that right Peter. Either 12 or 11 hours ahead (can't remember which daylight savings does to us ;) )

GAH!!!.. I forgot you was down under!!!

Just making the Gluten Free Goddess chocolate cake for dessert, having gone to the berry farm and purchased fresh raspberries. There is cognac cream in the fridge :) We shall be having scallops (scollops) and shrimp(s) as they say here, for starters, then barbecued beef with fresh corn on the cob 'mongst other things, followed by a nice long walk on the beach. Then return for chocolate cake and to watch movies we have been waiting to see. We kept all the family safely locked away in the North Island this year ;) Weatherman is promising 80 degrees and no nasty sea "breezes"; sure hope he's right. So a nice relaxing day of feasting.

80 degrees!........ *sigh*

Chuck another shrimp on the barbie!! :)

Have a good one Neroli!!

mmmm had a choclate margarita for dinner wiht choclate vodka, gofdicvea and baileys. prapsa litle mor potent thtnam I pmaned. may habe anothwert one

Yummm :P

waitong for my dish to gromw upo on fishe willer on facegook

Fishville or some such game on FB? :lol:

Morning peeps

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

'Morning, Gang!

OMG... . . ..Jyessssss... . ...... . :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:How ya feeling this am?.........

POeter busy @ work! 'Tis phab... ......

Is Shroomie in full Christmas swing? :unsure: Must be... . . ....Merry Christmas, Shroomster!

Dunno how much I'll be on the next couple o' days -- jeez, you'd think there was something ELSE goin' on, er sumfin'... <_< So, in case I don't get the chance before tomorrow, I wanna wish you guys Merry Christmas the way I did last year.....

Open Original Shared Link!

:D:D

Jestgar Rising Star

:D:D

:) :)

Bit of a headache this morning. I think the Baileys and Godiva liqueur were fine, but perhaps filling the glass the rest of the way with vodka was not so clever

but quite tasty... :ph34r:

And 'Snakes on a plane' came in the mail yesterday, so I've got my morning planned out. Coffee and Barca lounger.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Track santa!

Open Original Shared Link

:)

jerseyangel Proficient
Track santa!

That is really cool! :D

OMGawd, me house smells good....I made dressing/stuffing, and a mince and pumpkin pie this morning. I want to get the complicated stuff out of the way today. Had to make bread fer the stuffing last week--haven't been eating it in me quest to lower carbs.

That quest, of course, is going out the window the next couple of days :lol:

This is our first Christmas away from the boys--and wifout Allo :( We actually got Allo on Christmas Eve 1991--he was so tiny :wub: He always loved Christmas, too--we always figured it was his first real memory of us, opening gifts and having all that paper to play in. He had his own stocking and expected his gift :D Just like the other kids :P

But alas, Mark and I are making the best of it.....we're going to PF Changs tonight avec many glasses of wine and tomorrow we might go to the movies. Actually looking forward to the long weekend to get some of this house stuff done that we've been wanting to do since we moved in.

curlyfries Contributor
<Need to leap into a time machine, fast forward enough years so that DC has left home .....or we can legally kick him out at least :ph34r:<_< >

I think I stressed even more when my kids grew up and moved out............I thought once they grew up, no more worries.........pfffft! <_<

We have one more day of business, but today set a record.

Awesome!!

Just making the Gluten Free Goddess chocolate cake for dessert, having gone to the berry farm and purchased fresh raspberries. There is cognac cream in the fridge :) We shall be having scallops (scollops) and shrimp(s) as they say here, for starters, then barbecued beef with fresh corn on the cob 'mongst other things, followed by a nice long walk on the beach. Then return for chocolate cake and to watch movies we have been waiting to see. We kept all the family safely locked away in the North Island this year ;) Weatherman is promising 80 degrees and no nasty sea "breezes"; sure hope he's right. So a nice relaxing day of feasting.

see.....I would enjoy Christmas so much more if it were warm and sunny B)

mmmm had a choclate margarita for dinner wiht choclate vodka, gofdicvea and baileys. prapsa litle mor potent thtnam I pmaned. may habe anothwert one

*snicker*

gising uopp on the stupofd fish. martinsis armeuncgh metter when youre don't fill the fladsd with vofvdka atthe ent. ytou can tesrte thew chtlate chocklate choclste

choclate

hoew edoy you spellt hat ?? whatebemr

gor night

I actually understand most of that! :lol:

Dunno how much I'll be on the next couple o' days -- jeez, you'd think there was something ELSE goin' on, er sumfin'... <_< So, in case I don't get the chance before tomorrow, I wanna wish you guys Merry Christmas the way I did last year.....

Merry Christmas, Em.........I enjoyed that just as much as I did last year!

And 'Snakes on a plane' came in the mail yesterday, so I've got my morning planned out. Coffee and Barca lounger.

Ahhhhhhh......how relaxing!

Track santa!

I need to send this to Jo......she still believes and has been in constant communication with one of his elves!

we're going to PF Changs tonight avec many glasses of wine and tomorrow we might go to the movies. Actually looking forward to the long weekend to get some of this house stuff done that we've been wanting to do since we moved in.

Sounds like phun!

Mtndog Collaborator

Just wanted to poop in and say Merry Christmas! Hope your days are warm, full of love and health. :D

Love you all :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flourgirl Apprentice

I've been away too long.....but I'm caught up now. Been having some psilly on FB...or is that facegook!!!! (Love it!)

Ahhhhh....how I long for 80 degrees and sea breezes....on Christmas day or on any ol' day. I'm so jealous! We got snowed in Saturday and Sunday last...even the post offices closed down. The parking lots and sidewalks are still a mess. Not because it was so very much (only 20 inches), but because that small amount is actually a huge amount for here, and they don't handle it like the North Country does. Shoulda moved further south! But it would have been too far from home. Hating the cold, hating the weather....am struggling to get out of the struggle.

Mostly I wanted to say to all of you

MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Hugs all round and wishes for good health, contentment, peace and lots of moments of pure joy! For the New Year, I hope for all of you to feel that it's the best year you've ever had, each and every day.

Also wanted to thank all of you for the giggles, for allowing me to share in the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm so very grateful to have found psillyville and all of it's wonderful inhabitants!

'Till later...

elye Community Regular

All right......off to BIL's. . . ..... :unsure: . . .......there isn't really a perfect emoticon to visually express the feelings... . .......

<_< ?... ...

:mellow: ..... ....

:wacko: .. . . .. .......hmmmmm....yeah, that would be it. . .......

Jestgar Rising Star
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
jerseyangel Proficient
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

What she said :wub:

elye Community Regular
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Ditto, Psills! Better get to bed, afore Santa alights on me roof.. . . .. .. . ....

nikki-uk Enthusiast

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are having a lovely time!!

silver-christmas-cracker.webp

elye Community Regular

Merry Christmas, Psills!

I wish THIS had been the Santa that I caught coming down our chimney last eve........

sexy_santa_4.webp

curlyfries Contributor

MERRRY CHRISTMAASS!!!!!!.........gotta go! :D

Jestgar Rising Star

Twas the morning of Christmas and over the lawn

The calls of the chickens were bringing the dawn

The hung-over neighbours were not pleased to hear

the raucous reminder that day will be here

The children were learning, with fudge covered hands,

white carpet was perfect to learn a handstand

I, with my 'puter, coffee in hand

greeted the psilles, in their wonderlands

when what to my wondering brain should appear?

A vision of joy in the coming new year

No losses will haunt us, no cars crumpled up

some house will be blessed with a kitty or pup

Our jobs will be better, our bosses sincere

giggles and laughter is all that we'll hear

So finish the eggnog (just a little more rum)

throw off the worry and throw off the glum

We carry each other through the good and the bad

the good is expanded, the bad, not so sad

A hug across countries; be merry I say!!

And peace to you all on this softest of days

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

Love this!! :D A psylle holiday poem :wub:

Merry Christmas me dear sillies!!!! Love youse guys :D

Jestgar Rising Star

<snort>

my technician left me a detailed list of what needs to be done at work...Like I's in-com-pi-tant or sump'n... :P

flourgirl Apprentice

Jess!! I adore your poem!! Thank you for that. Hope everyone is having the merriest of Christmases. Just wanted to take a minute to pop in and check up on you all.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hi T!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JESSEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your poem.... I heart it!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSILLIES!!!!

Whatcha get???

I am totally in lurve wiv me new camera!! (thank-you Daniel!!)

I'd like to take this opportunity to give thanks for the dishwasher *raucous applause* ....who has done a stirling job today :)

Turkey'd OUT!!.... Christmas pudding later!! :P

jerseyangel Proficient

I got a shopping spree at J Jill B) And the entire phirst season of Big Bang Theory on DVD!

Our son gave us an IPod--I'm so excited!!!!! I already have figured out how to access me email on it :D

Turkey is almost done--we spent most of the morning on the phone with the kids/my parents/Mark's mom. Time to get the phood on the table.

Have a good'un sills :D :D

jerseyangel Proficient
<snort>

my technician left me a detailed list of what needs to be done at work...Like I's in-com-pi-tant or sump'n... :P

Good lord, what a nincompoop! :angry:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Twas the morning of Christmas and over the lawn

The calls of the chickens were bringing the dawn

The hung-over neighbours were not pleased to hear

the raucous reminder that day will be here

The children were learning, with fudge covered hands,

white carpet was perfect to learn a handstand

I, with my 'puter, coffee in hand

greeted the psilles, in their wonderlands

when what to my wondering brain should appear?

A vision of joy in the coming new year

:wub:

:lol:

Geossel - SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRB Christmas poem!!!! :lol:

LOVE it -

Just came on to say, Merry, Merry Christmas to my Psills, I miss you so......thinking of all of you, wishing we were closer.......

sending warm hugs and good thoughts to your health, happiness, and joy!

Been reading along, got nowt to say....quiet time here.

:wub:

Will poop in soon, carry on!!!

;)

elye Community Regular

Happy Boxing Day, all the psilly Commonwealthers!

I is soOoOoOoooOo.. . . ......

icon8.gificon8.gificon8.gif... . . . (((((sigh)))))).....

'Tis amazing that still, with all the food restrictions inherent in celiac and diabetes, one can overindulge like I have done. Low-suger, gluten-free foodstuffs that are amazingly packed with fat, alcohol, jet fuel.......all perfectly legal with both diseases -- they surrounded me yesterday, and continue to do so for the weekend.

I pheel VERY PHAT.

<_<

:rolleyes:

Hope yesterday was terrific for everyone. Today is the Ripper's THIRTEENTH birthday. He awoke this morning with his first zit, right inside his nostril. Good and bad: 'tis tough to get to, but not easily seen. I must relay that one of the first things Jack said as he was trying to see it in the mirror, and I stood behind him commenting on how fortuitous it was, having a first zit appear on the day of passage into teenage-hood, was "Whoa. .. . .. ......you need to tell the Psillies about this".....

:lol::lol:

Superb poem, Jyessssss! :lol:

Hi, Sooooze! How great to read you. . . ......

Mtndog Collaborator

Happy Boxing Day! Why does it seem so exotic and cool to me?

Jess :wub: :wub:10

YOU are the poet!!

I got a shopping spree at J Jill B) And the entire phirst season of Big Bang Theory on DVD!

I must say I love both of these! If I had to chose, J Jill would win but......

I got a beautiferous winter white wool coat from Kurt. So pretty I'm afraid to wear it!

Archived