This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

Sounds like what boys at that age do when angry or hurt & are helpless to fix things.

He can't re- paint the door at his age. Maybe he should give money to the school to fix the door? If he has $12 he has been saving to buy something, then most or all of it? He should present it to the principle himself ( call first, of course).

Maybe he can talk with the school counselor?

Also, is there anyway to wear him out more? Activity? I find that boys with lots of physical activity are too tired, even at school, to bother with the sneakiness, planning, etc to pull stuff off. I think the exercise makes them happier, too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac-mommy Collaborator

He is going to be working with the custodian today to wash the doors. He swims and does gymnastics 2x a week, then on the off days, I take them out for walks, bikerides, trips to the park, etc... Usually by the end of the day he's falling asleep in the car. He's in bed between 730-8pm every night, so sleep isn't an issue either. I proposed to Jesse today that we change his custody schedule so that he's at one house more often to be more consistant. right now it's 2 days at my house, 2 days at Jesse's and we split every other weekend. I think that it's hard for him bc he has no idea where he's going every day. He told me that he wants to stay with me and not daddy, but I can't talk to Jesse about that. I don't have a good feeling that Jesse will be accomidating, but I'm praying really hard that he will keep an open mind... He will think I'm trying to take Max away from him. Grrrr :(

I thought about the school councelor too. I'll email his teacher right now about it. Thanks!

kareng Grand Master

It might be easier if they stayed longer, but maybe he needs a calendar? Even just print it off the Internet or draw it with big squares & put it in a notebook. Split the squares in half ( morning & school half...afternoon/ evening half). D for dad in the morning, cause he is waking up there, M in the afternoon cause he is going home to Moms. The word swim or a picture of pool for swimming afternoons, etc. A hot green highlighter to cross thru the day at bed time. Mine liked that at that age to keep track of is this a soccer day or a Tae Kwon Do day? I printed little pictures off the Internet & shrank them small then glued on the day.

Or when J was in high school, he just took a notebook and wrote a date on each page & what activity he had & time each day. Then he added homework, etc. you could just have each be a day with wake up at the top & sleep at the bottom.

That's a good idea. I'll try it. I have them both every day after school, even if it's not overnight. It's really hard to pick him up, and the first thing out of his mouth is "who's house are we sleeping at tonight?" and if I tell him "mine" he says, "Yay!" If I say "daddy's", he gets upset. He told me a few weeks ago when I asked how he liked spending 1/2 the time with me and 1/2 the time w daddy that he hates it and he wants to live with me all the time. Madeleine, on the other hand likes the 50/50 split. I'm praying so hard that he'll agree to trying a new schedule for a few weeks. Praying soooo hard!!!

Jestgar Rising Star

You could get Max some fish, and one of Open Original Shared Link.

You could get Max some fish, and one of Open Original Shared Link.

That's awesome!!!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I'm feeling rebellious. Every time I've come on this site for years that frikkin list of crap not to talk about has been TAUNTING me. Can we talk about WMD's? Euthanasia? Gay marriage? Mitt Romney? Lady Gaga? SOMETHING?!?!!?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

oooohhh forbidden subjects! Go for it!

Lisa Mentor

oooohhh forbidden subjects! Go for it!

Which door do you choose: ?

mushroom Proficient

For discussion? Or exit?? :ph34r:

Hey guess what? Did you know I'm the daycare for my own kids. Actually.... I believe what was said is "You are the daycare for my children"

@$#%!^@#&$^#&*@*!(@)!@(@!^@#!%!~%!#)$&!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

kareng Grand Master

Hey guess what? Did you know I'm the daycare for my own kids. Actually.... I believe what was said is "You are the daycare for my children"

@$#%!^@#&$^#&*@*!(@)!@(@!^@#!%!~%!#)$&!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I think that's worth about $200 a week!

Jestgar Rising Star

per child. quite a bit more for overnight care.

elye Community Regular

...Plus benefits, paid holidays and stock options... . . .

I'm Catholic and I'm getting a divorce... GO!!

per child. quite a bit more for overnight care.

...Plus benefits, paid holidays and stock options... . . .

I know, right!!

I'm Catholic and I'm getting a divorce... GO!!

Congratulations?......

LMAO!!! Not a controversial subject? :lol::lol::lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hi guys...quick poop in.

Good to see some old faces on here smile.gif

I have neglected thee (apologies).... those of you FB already know I'm running the London Marathon tomorrow for a local Children's Hospice.

Wish me LUUUUCKKK!!!!!!!!!! blink.gifblink.gifohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

psawyer Proficient

Run for it, Nikki! :)

Jestgar Rising Star

You are awesome Nikkers!!!

elye Community Regular

Gnick, I marvel at your photos on fb -- you are a running inspiration! Good luck.. .. .. ...take each kilometre as it comes.. . ...and comes....and comes..... B)

mushroom Proficient

Run, Gnick, run!

Umm, do they run kilometres in London? Or do they still do 26.something miles??? :D

Darn210 Enthusiast

You Go Girl!!! <applauding_emoticon_here>

LMAO!!! Not a controversial subject? :lol::lol::lol:

Last I checked, a Catholic getting divorced was only a controversial subject to Catholics......

:)

Therefore I have no strong opinions and was kinda hoping for something we could all get in a nice, stimulating argument about! Like what brand of laptop to buy! Or whether Lady Gaga was born a man!

psawyer Proficient

I seem to recall that the then-Catholic King Henry VIII of England wanted a divorce from his first wife (he had six). Got right messy, that. Excommunications, interdiction, confiscation of Church property...

Methinks this will be less traumatic.

Rachel, you are doing the right thing, even if the Church says you are not. Be strong, move forward, and recapture your life. :wub:

Archived