This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Mtndog Collaborator

OK- part two of the student who alluded to the Police in his email (in which I asked him if he had read that book by Nabokov). He came in looking MORTIFIED today. That book by Nabokov is Lolita and it is NOT a nice book! I mean it's a great book, but it's not exactly what you want to allude to in an email to your teacher. :P

However, a friend of mine sent me this email:

"Good luck with grading papers - of course, in a non-King of Pain kind of way. I hope you don't have to find a new "career" like Roxanne did. I'm sure your students know that Every Little Thing you do is Magic, and that Every Breath you Take is providing the Synchronicity that they need to help them get their degrees. And if they don't, well, there's always Murder by Numbers..."

BA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Um, Richard, that leg lamp from A Christmas Story doesn't look like the description under it!!

I actually found those lamps in B'ton Indiana!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Bev - - ba ha ha ha h ah ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait....you did not know the book was Lolita? :ph34r::o:lol::lol::lol: Um, thought you did....remember, shaking like that OLD MAN in the book by Nabokov.....yikes.....a few years ago I started reading Lolita, in fact it is sitting in my shelves, and it grossed me out.....too creepy, couldn't do it! ha ha ha , LOVE that email from your co-worker!! :)

OMG, a guy has come into work a couple of times....not my type.....gave me his phone number, clearly wants to go out....so I called him tonight. Fun conversation. who cares. Told him I was DAMAGED and we could be friends, maybe, at best. He said, did you NOT get my marriage proposal? okay, so he's funny. Not my type. BUT......he REMEMBERED that I am Celiac, says he's coming in on Saturday with a gluten-free gift for me......

gained about 1,000 points!! I said, do you KNOW the fastest wayto the heart of a Celiac????? it's FOOD, baby, FOOD!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: so I told him if he does this, I will relent and go out to coffee with him. :)

Carla. Where was the leg? what'd I miss? I didn't see Richard posting the leg anywhere. And I'd know what it was, have seen that movie a hundred times. :)

Um, Richard, that leg lamp from A Christmas Story doesn't look like the description under it!!

I actually found those lamps in B'ton Indiana!!!

Mtndog Collaborator
Bev - - ba ha ha ha h ah ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait....you did not know the book was Lolita? :ph34r::o:lol::lol::lol: Um, thought you did....remember, shaking like that OLD MAN in the book by Nabokov.....yikes.....a few years ago I started reading Lolita, in fact it is sitting in my shelves, and it grossed me out.....too creepy, couldn't do it! ha ha ha , LOVE that email from your co-worker!! :)

OMG, a guy has come into work a couple of times....not my type.....gave me his phone number, clearly wants to go out....so I called him tonight. Fun conversation. who cares. Told him I was DAMAGED and we could be friends, maybe, at best. He said, did you NOT get my marriage proposal? okay, so he's funny. Not my type. BUT......he REMEMBERED that I am Celiac, says he's coming in on Saturday with a gluten-free gift for me......

gained about 1,000 points!! I said, do you KNOW the fastest wayto the heart of a Celiac????? it's FOOD, baby, FOOD!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: so I told him if he does this, I will relent and go out to coffee with him. :)

Carla. Where was the leg? what'd I miss? I didn't see Richard posting the leg anywhere. And I'd know what it was, have seen that movie a hundred times. :)

Oh NO! I KNEW it was Loloita but he didn't and he must have found out and been horrified. Ha ha ha ha!

You're right- food,baby,food!

:wub: Awww...give him a chance.

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Quick drive-by...

I am SOOOOOOO BUSY! This will last until about the middle of January :(

I miss you all too. :)

So I'm away for a bit and you all have been busy ...

1) Seducing students (Beverly, what will we do with you!)

2) Getting Lyme Disease (Sorry to hear, but happy you've finally got an answer Carla)

3) Getting engaged before the first coffee date?? :blink: (Was is the architect with the pencil fetish as i predicted?)

Must go prepare for an appointment.

Try to stay out of trouble (or jail in Bev's case ;) )

CarlaB Enthusiast

Do you see the leg now? If not, refresh, he's still got it. I think I may get Adam one of those lamps for Christmas!! :lol: He has a little room he's finished in the attic, it would be hysterical, it actually is a front window, but through the dormer in the roof. LOL

Richard, I didn't "get" Lyme while you were gone .... just got diagnosed with it!! ;) It's great knowing that I'm really sick and not a hypochondriac ... of course, I've always known that ...

Beverly, I missed the first part of the story about the guy emailing you about the book ... is this a different guy than the brown-noser?

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Do you see the leg now? If not, refresh, he's still got it. I think I may get Adam one of those lamps for Christmas!! :lol: He has a little room he's finished in the attic, it would be hysterical, it actually is a front window, but through the dormer in the roof. LOL

Richard, I didn't "get" Lyme while you were gone .... just got diagnosed with it!! ;) It's great knowing that I'm really sick and not a hypochondriac ... of course, I've always known that ...

Beverly, I missed the first part of the story about the guy emailing you about the book ... is this a different guy than the brown-noser?

OOHHHHHHHH... I thought you were waiting for your Deer Tick to come in the mail! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Okay, I have a funny "A Christmas Story" type story. I was dressed up in a rather conservative dress, so I wore fishnet stockings with it. My very young son (he was about 6), said, "Mom, I LIKE your tights!" It really reminded me of that scene in "A Christmas Story" where the boy looks at the lamp leg .... maybe you had to be there, but it seems men of ALL ages like fishnets.

Mtndog Collaborator
Quick drive-by...

I am SOOOOOOO BUSY! This will last until about the middle of January :(

I miss you all too. :)

So I'm away for a bit and you all have been busy ...

1) Seducing students (Beverly, what will we do with you!)

2) Getting Lyme Disease (Sorry to hear, but happy you've finally got an answer Carla)

3) Getting engaged before the first coffee date?? :blink: (Was is the architect with the pencil fetish as i predicted?)

Must go prepare for an appointment.

Try to stay out of trouble (or jail in Bev's case ;) )

no richard, unacceptable answer. You are required in this thread... you started it! :P:P

No jail for Bev.....he started that one. Yes- Carla, same brown noser student who went a LITTLE too far in his brown-nosing and got embarassed (as he should!). I see him for conference today- he will be SCARED (I am so frightening in person :P:lol: ). Actually, I can count the number of times I've been truly angry with someone (annoyed, aggravated, yes, but not angry) and it's NOT pretty. I'm a Scorpio :ph34r: I love my peeps fiercely. :wub::wub:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Bev is absolutely right. it is an UNACCEPTABLE answer and we will not have this. No, no, no, no and again no. You are REQUIRED to check in at least once a day!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::P:angry::P:angry::P

all right, the dingos are pacing, I just got home from work (um, I have some power there now as the other "shopgirl" (reference to the bored girl in Steve Martin's novel) has quit! because she is TOO miserable there! So, they are being EXTRA nice to me now and I repeat, I have power. B) Kinda fun. But, it means the dingos are alone for long periods of time.....not so good :huh: . so anywho they are beyond staring and onto pacing, I have to take them out in the cold and dark, in teh community of STepford a-walking we will go.

Whereas, I have nothing to say after the whereas. :huh::lol:

and it's my big TV night, The Office, Gray's, and then my new favorite, Men in Trees. Big night here.

what an exciting life I lead. :lol:

oh, the guy who is not my type who asked me out came in today. you may remember, last night I finally got around to calling him on the phone to tell him that I couldn't go out with him. So, he comes in today, to buy something, and then says, I almost called you back last night to tell you good night. :huh::ph34r: Um, scary and stalkerish, and I told him so....... :huh:

Mtndog Collaborator

Oh susie- just Don't Stand so close to him! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Oh susie- just Don't Stand so close to him! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

excellent. ;) My co-worker says it's because I"m too approachable and too friendly to everyone.....hence guys think they have a chance.

holy cow, I am going to watch this. The new, cranky Dingo Bee-och girl will emerge. :lol::lol::lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
oh, the guy who is not my type who asked me out came in today. you may remember, last night I finally got around to calling him on the phone to tell him that I couldn't go out with him. So, he comes in today, to buy something, and then says, I almost called you back last night to tell you good night. :huh::ph34r: Um, scary and stalkerish, and I told him so....... :huh:

Did you happen to mention the your collection of skull crushing artifacts? :blink:

I wouldn't eat any of the gluten-free stuff he brings...you might wake up in Thailand or something :blink::o

If he was buying anything sharp or pointy i would DEFINITELY PASS and get an unlisted number. What kind of creep is this? He sounds more "Divinyls" than "Police" if you get my drift :ph34r:

Glad you're wielding some Dingo-tude at work. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

DINGO-TUDE!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: That's my new favorite thing!

Um, waking up in Thailand.... :lol: yes, I'll watch for that. I gotta get rid of this guy. The skull-crusher won't do it.....the guy is HUGE. Maybe 6'5" and over 300 pounds? :huh: well I suppose a strategically placed whack to the head....... :lol:

anywho so glad you checked in Richard. You're off the hook, for today.

Carla...you DEFINITELY must buy that lamp for Adam and put it in the window. Too funny.

okay.....gotta figure out what to do with today.....too many heinous things on my list. ugh. :angry:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
.....the guy is HUGE. Maybe 6'5" and over 300 pounds? :huh

Sounds like a Hunka-HUNKA Burnin' Love to me! :o

Time to get some Open Original Shared Link...

maybe a set of Open Original Shared Link or a SHINOBI-ZUE even a KUSARIGAMA would be helpful. The bigger they are the harder they fall, so aim low and stand back. Use your dingo-like quickness to your advantage :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Sounds like a Hunka-HUNKA Burnin' Love to me! :o

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :huh:

no no no make it stop!!! :blink:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :huh:

no no no make it stop!!! :blink:

Maybe you could use this to your advantage. Maybe you could get him to sit on the annoying brother. Then buy him a bunny "I will love him and pet him, and call him George" and send him on his way. :)

Mtndog Collaborator
Did you happen to mention the your collection of skull crushing artifacts? :blink:

I wouldn't eat any of the gluten-free stuff he brings...you might wake up in Thailand or something :blink::o

If he was buying anything sharp or pointy i would DEFINITELY PASS and get an unlisted number. What kind of creep is this? He sounds more "Divinyls" than "Police" if you get my drift :ph34r:

Nice! Dingo-tude it is! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Waking up in Thailand would be great.......just not THAT way!

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Bev? TRIPLETS?! I didn't even know you were expecting!

ahhhh only 16 days until 24 hrs of "A Christmas Story" some of the best lines Open Original Shared Link :)

I so LOVE this time of year if for nothing other than TBS on Christmas eve :rolleyes:

happy weekend to all

CarlaB Enthusiast

We own the movie ... so, Richard, I'm sure you know all your soap flavors, which one did you like best?

Jestgar Rising Star

Another Christmas related bit of science

Open Original Shared Link

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Bev? TRIPLETS?! I didn't even know you were expecting!

:huh::huh: what? confused....what'd I miss.... :huh:

Excellent santa claus scientificness, Jestgar! :)

OMG....trauma....lost my cell phone....discovered its absence this morning.....went psychotic....a good samaritan found it and called my mom...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I am going to pick it up now!!! I am thrilled, have never lost it before and have been nervous all day, felt like I was missing a limb (I don't know why, I hardly even use the thing!)........ :lol: I lost it last night whilst walking the dingos in my complex (here at Stepford) and one of the gardeners found it and turned it into his boss!! There is GOOD IN HUMANITY!!! It's a Christmas MIRACLE!!! (well, not as good as the REd Ranger or was is Red Rider Rifle but pretty good) :P

Mtndog Collaborator

Susie Q- Hit refresh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<-----------------------------------------------------

I wish I was expecting those three under my Christmas Tree!

But if you click Open Original Shared Link

andOpen Original Shared Link

You'll see what MIGHT be in my stocking this Christmas. Just applied for one.

YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Another Christmas related bit of science

She blinded me with SCi-i-i-ence! B)

We own the movie ... so, Richard, I'm sure you know all your soap flavors, which one did you like best?

I don't think I have a "favorite flavor" I do however, NEVER want to see another bar of Fels Naptha for as long as I live! :wacko:

jerseyangel Proficient
I do however, NEVER want to see another bar of Fels Naptha for as long as I live! :wacko:

OMG!! You just made me think of my grandmother :lol:

Archived