This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

WardGirl Rookie
Morning, All!

Hey, Amanda!! We have another early riser with us now! Good morning, JacquIe!

Good Morning fellow sillies. Yes I'm an early riser. The four legged fur kids usually don't allow me to sleep in on a day when I don't have to get up for that 4 letter word that we all dread doing. But I do enjoy going into that 4 letter word as it is fun when you get to be your own boss :)

Amanda sorry to hear you went into work, sorry that 4 letter word that we dread going to, on what was sounding like a sure fire snow day for you. I hope traffic was not to much of a problem for you.

Well we will be going into that 4 letter word that most people dread going into early today as we are leaving our new employee on her own to open for us. I hope everyone has a very silly day :)

BTW David Beckham in a speedo. Dread the thought! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

I see POeter and JacquIe have checked in :D

Mornin sillies--yes, slow AM....I feel like crapola :angry: Nothing serious, just a yucky head cold. Caught it from Mark, who brought it home from the 4 letter word. <_<:P Sore throat and achiness enough to warrent Tylenol.

Like Amanda, we had snow here overnight--2-3 inches. It's subsided for now, but more is predicted for later this afternoon along with freezing rain.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I don't think you should say size=1 and Schwing in the same sentence (TMIA? Too Much Incidental Amusement?)

:lol:

YJust one of the many times my grandpa was instrumental in my edification. I'm only now beginning to realize how thankful I am for all of the "crazy" things he wanted us to learn about and more importantly appreciate. :wub:

:) he sounds wonderful........

Hmm, no we don't currently sell penis slings in the store. :o

Well then, is this not something you should consider? I mean, you really COULD have the market cornered on this....... :P

Another quiet morning in Sillyville. Maybe everybody is just dog tired from all the excitement this week.

:ph34r: oh you have nooOOOooOOOooooOoooo idea................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW David Beckham in a speedo. Dread the thought! :lol:

Have to say, I rather enjoyed it. Why, though, was he, um, "slinging" his package? :lol:

Sillies I am wayyyyyyyyyyy too tired. Too much giddiness and not enough sleep.

But I'm not complainin'................... B)

Patti sorry about your evil cold and that Mark brought it to you from that VERY bad four-letter word place..... :angry:

more later.............

OMG - did anyone watch LOST last night? I did declare last night, about halfway through, that I am well and officially DONE and BROKEN UP wif dat show. I could not guarantee, however, that I wouldn't peek from time to time........but.........what in hell? :blink: I decided that it was an incredibly useless hour of my life - -- pure and utter confusion with no pleasure whatsoever any longer........... :lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

It is now sleeting here.....the afternoon commute home is looking fun!

jerseyangel Proficient

:ph34r: oh you have nooOOOooOOOooooOoooo idea................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG - did anyone watch LOST last night? I did declare last night, about halfway through, that I am well and officially DONE and BROKEN UP wif dat show. I could not guarantee, however, that I wouldn't peek from time to time........but.........what in hell? :blink: I decided that it was an incredibly useless hour of my life - -- pure and utter confusion with no pleasure whatsoever any longer........... :lol:

What the heck happened to my last post? :unsure: That is one bad quote job! :P

Anyway.......I did watch Lost last night, and I actually followed it better than last week. That twist at the end with Kate was a shocker, though. I'm hanging on, but it just better be one hell of a payoff at the end. This show is work to follow :lol:

I am so ashamed to say this. I was watching this good movie on Lifetime....and fell asleep at 9:30 and slept through till this morning.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
I am so ashamed to say this. I was watching this good movie on Lifetime....and fell asleep at 9:30 and slept through till this morning.

You must have needed the sleep :)

I thought you worked late yesterday so you didn't have to go in today? They just called a snow emergency in our area....the snow has stopped for now, though.

elye Community Regular
This show is work to follow :lol:

Patti!!! Stop saying four-letter words! <_<

I have a short story for you all regarding DS's walk home from school yesterday. I am now finding it, for some reason, quite amusing...

Jack's got about a half-mile to walk, so yesterday he's all bundled up...parka, snow pants, hat and mitts. He leaves the school and starts off. Suddenly, he feels his nose start to run. Takes off a mitt and wipes it--it's a nosebleed.

So, he tells me that he immediately thought about returning to the school, but then decided that this would be a bad move because he'd get blood all over the floor, and "desks, and books and stuff" (this is my pragmatic young boy)....so, he continues to walk quickly, wiping his nose. Well, it begins pouring out. So he whips his hat off and holds it there. He begins running. There is blood pouring out, all over the snow, like a large red trail. He's streaking along, blood all down his coat. Cars begin to slow down. He manages to wave and smile a little, and continue running.

WELL..........He comes in the front door. I happen to be standing there. He's got dry and wet blood ALL OVER his face, all down the front of his jacket, mitts and hat. I scream. :o:o:o

We are laughing about this now, and Jack asked that I tell you guys this story. Soon he'll be gettin' a username, I tell you......

jerseyangel Proficient
I have a short story for you all regarding DS's walk home from school yesterday.

OMGawd--the poor thing :( I felt so bad for Jack as I was reading the story--but you know....such a thoughtful, level-headed young man to think the situation through and do what he felt was best. :)

Emily--I would have screamed too if one of my boys had come home from school all bloodied! I'm sure that was quite a shock at the time. Glad he's ok and you guys got a laugh out of it :D

PS--I keep meaning to tell you how much I love your kid's names :)

Actually I didnt get a chance to stay late, we decided we would use PTO when we left. Now John isnt getting out early so I am stuck here until 4:30...

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I have a short story for you all regarding DS's walk home from school yesterday. I am now finding it, for some reason, quite amusing...

Jack's got about a half-mile to walk, so yesterday he's all bundled up...parka, snow pants, hat and mitts. He leaves the school and starts off. Suddenly, he feels his nose start to run. Takes off a mitt and wipes it--it's a nosebleed.

So, he tells me that he immediately thought about returning to the school, but then decided that this would be a bad move because he'd get blood all over the floor, and "desks, and books and stuff" (this is my pragmatic young boy)....so, he continues to walk quickly, wiping his nose. Well, it begins pouring out. So he whips his hat off and holds it there. He begins running. There is blood pouring out, all over the snow, like a large red trail. He's streaking along, blood all down his coat. Cars begin to slow down. He manages to wave and smile a little, and continue running.

WELL..........He comes in the front door. I happen to be standing there. He's got dry and wet blood ALL OVER his face, all down the front of his jacket, mitts and hat. I scream. :o:o:o

We are laughing about this now, and Jack asked that I tell you guys this story. Soon he'll be gettin' a username, I tell you......

I think it's the international winter 'season' for young boys to have nose bleeds :blink: ..........my 13 yr old burst in the other day hands cupped under his nose shouting ''MUM!!!!!!...NOSEBLEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''.....dripped it everywhere whilst I shouted at him to get to the bathroom

I must admit ....my first thought was that he'd got into a fight :rolleyes: (got a real short fuse that boy!)

:unsure: - he's had several the last few days and BOY does that blood go a long way <_<

Terry has man flu ....is of course dying :rolleyes: as I try to keep him (and his germs) at arms length!!!! :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Terry has man flu ....is of course dying :rolleyes: as I try to keep him (and his germs) at arms length!!!! :lol:

OMG Nikki--Mark and I have the same cold--and you should hear him go on about it.... :P Coughing, sneezing, blowing germs all over the place (which is why I'm sick <_< ). I'm like--enough all ready.

Men can be such babies :angry:

elye Community Regular

Terry just had manflu, did he not? Absolutely, stay away from this individual.... :rolleyes:

I think it's the international winter 'season' for young boys to have nose bleeds :blink: ..........my 13 yr old burst in the other day hands cupped under his nose shouting ''MUM!!!!!!...NOSEBLEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''.....dripped it everywhere whilst I shouted at him to get to the bathroom

I must admit ....my first thought was that he'd got into a fight :rolleyes: (got a real short fuse that boy!)

when I first saw Jack, I thought he'd had his head run over by a tractor-trailer. Gad.....

I don't have a big flipover imminent...why sudden copious bodily fluids? :huh:

Patti! Sorry you have a coldy thing... :( Get somebody to heat you up some chicken soup on that fab new stove....

man I am up to 3900 posts!

elye Community Regular

Gaaaahhh!! Maybe that gushing facial blood was meant for you, Amanda! :o<_<

Men can be such babies :angry:

aint that the truth!

Gaaaahhh!! Maybe that gushing facial blood was meant for you, Amanda! :o<_<

Maybe...but I was hoping for candy or flowers!

elye Community Regular
Maybe...but I was hoping for candy or flowers!

:lol::lol:

Man, that would be nice....maybe when you hit 10,000. Nope! Patti's done that already....perhaps 20,000.

Darn210 Enthusiast

OK Susie, now that the race is over, here is the return of the av that you missed.

I also feel compelled to mention, that I was somewhat . . . what's the right word . . . relieved to see a pic of David and Annie in your av. Now we know you & David didn't pull an Emily and use the photo from a new picure frame for his personal photo in his profile.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Hey!!! :angry::angry: Is there some sort of limit on how long my av caption can be??? It kept cutting it off mid-witty-way!!!! Somebody needs to talk to Scott about all these restrictions!!!! Who does he think he is??!!!?? It's like he thinks he owns the place or sumfin'!!!! :huh::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
:( Get somebody to heat you up some chicken soup on that fab new stove....

That would be me :lol: I'm making some for dinner....

Get out the protective gear :o

That would be me :lol: I'm making some for dinner....

Get out the protective gear :o

Well I am fresh out of big girl diapers....shall I bring the Lucky's litter box closer....in case I cant make it :)

elye Community Regular
I also feel compelled to mention, that I was somewhat . . . what's the right word . . . relieved to see a pic of David and Annie in your av. Now we know you & David didn't pull an Emily and use the photo from a new picure frame for his personal photo in his profile.

Well, now....Perhaps all these pics of my dad have been just that....out of new photo frames from Walmart. Not my dad at all, just some New-Frame-Head-Model. Mygawd....I would be SO buying those frames... :lol::lol:

Y'know, I wonder about all those discard pics I've put in those Walmart frames, of my forehead, or of the floor....who, if anyone, has bought those frames? Have they kept my pics? Maybe I'll start a revolution, where people see these frames, get what I've done, and begin to place their own crappy photos in store frames. These frame departments could become like exhibits...... :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Well, now....Perhaps all these pics of my dad have been just that....out of new photo frames from Walmart. Not my dad at all, just some New-Frame-Head-Model. Mygawd....I would be SO buying those frames... :lol::lol:

Y'know, I wonder about all those discard pics I've put in those Walmart frames, of my forehead, or of the floor....who, if anyone, has bought those frames? Have they kept my pics? Maybe I'll start a revolution, where people see these frames, get what I've done, and begin to place their own crappy photos in store frames. These frame departments could become like exhibits...... :lol:

I can picture it now . . . Emily is shopping in the frame department. Over the loud speaker all the customers hear . . . Code 52 in the frame department . . . security rushes to the find Emily swapping photos . . . "Lady, how many times do we have to tell you? You can't keep comin' in here and dumpin' your lousy pictures in our new frames. The other customers won't buy the frame once you've put a picture of your toenail in it."

I can picture it now . . . Emily is shopping in the frame department. Over the loud speaker all the customers hear . . . Code 52 in the frame department . . . security rushes to the find Emily swapping photos . . . "Lady, how many times do we have to tell you? You can't keep comin' in here and dumpin' your lousy pictures in our new frames. The other customers won't buy the frame once you've put a picture of your toenail in it."

LOL! We will see it on Odd News of the day....and all at once we will be like Hey I know her!

Archived