This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
He's home from school now and is still runnin' strong.

Good to hear! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blueeyedmanda Community Regular
"uvula seats" :lol: <-------- I think I see it!

No pain here sweetie! And we all KNOW you've got your Weggie's!!!!

The WhF I usually go to is ~3mi, and a HUGE one is just ~1/2mi from Shelly's so sometimes I'm there.

There may be a dozen w/in 45min of me! :P

:P my childish self has shone through now!

elye Community Regular
THREE new gluten-free beers to try!!!!!!

I'm in heaven!!

Man, that must be wonderful. We've got one kind, La Messagere, and it's only available in Quebec. It's also, according to DH, no screaming hell. He now accompanies me in a nightly glass of dry white. He is slowly becoming a girly-man with this dietary change....lots more veggies through the day, very little bread, and HARDLY ANY PHARTING!! Five or six a day, mefinks. :)

More to come .. . .. .trying to de-vortex a bit from yesterday!!!!!!

I hear you...it can be a true detoxification.... :rolleyes::lol:

I found you some Open Original Shared Link, Tom . . . and they are all the rage now, so nobody will be pointing and laughing. Howevah . . . 30 years from now when you are wearing them with your green tube socks and green shorts pulled up to your armpits . . . well, that's a different story.

Tom'll have the last laugh, as he'll be a bizarre-looking millionaire......

Actually, I think I would be out . . . do you realize that if you're not picking out your clothes, you have to wear whatever hideous clothing (color or style) that they give you . . . they could dress you up as a Open Original Shared Link . . if I got to pick out my own, I'd do it.

Well, perhaps one could have some input with clothing style. I'll run it past Jack when he gets home. Get back to ya. :lol:

Well, I sent him to school!!! Yes!! That's right!!

Good one, Janet. If they're well enough to be chasing gremlins, they can be sitting semi-conscious at their school desks... :lol:

...Aren't gremlins green?......

elye Community Regular

Speaking of greenness, and school, when my DD was in grade two I drove her up to school one morning as she complained of a "swirly tummy" and constantly pleaded to stay home and watch movies. I stopped in front of the school, she opened the car door, complaining and whining, got out and trudged to the school door. I started to pull away and as I glanced once more at the door, I saw her just closing it behind her, and her head suddenly snapping forward. Vomit...all over the front hallway. :o

So. She watched movies all day, after all.

****Mother of the Year*****

:lol::lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Speaking of greenness, and school, when my DD was in grade two I drove her up to school one morning as she complained of a "swirly tummy" and constantly pleaded to stay home and watch movies. I stopped in front of the school, she opened the car door, complaining and whining, got out and trudged to the school door. I started to pull away and as I glanced once more at the door, I saw her just closing it behind her, and her head suddenly snapping forward. Vomit...all over the front hallway. :o

So. She watched movies all day, after all.

****Mother of the Year*****

:lol::lol:

Thank goodness I've never done anything like that!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A friend of mine is turning 40 and her hubby is throwing a party. Here are some quotes that were on the invitation:

At the age of 20, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at 30, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at 40, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all.

Life begins at 40 - but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times.

The best years of a woman's life - the ten years between 39 and 40.

tom Contributor

I think our dingoduo will BOTH enjoy the Buble show - dare I say immensely? No flask req'd.

Man, that must be wonderful. We've got one kind, La Messagere, and it's only available in Quebec.

Aha!!!!! Once at an esp LARGE BevMo I was looking for it. :angry: Bah!

.. . .and HARDLY ANY PHARTING!! Five or six a day, mefinks. :)

So he's sold on the gluten-free diet??? (Or just everyone else w/in range is sold?)

Well, perhaps one could have some input with clothing style. I'll run it past Jack when he gets home. Get back to ya. :lol:

I thought was a given. Someone else may like lime green!!! :ph34r:

There are greens that can create the sensation of pain in the unfortunate observer's retinal penumbra, so to speak!! :blink: :blink:

No one can forget the great Forum Color-Scheme Change backlash of aught-seven!!!!!!!!

<never again!, to callously misappropraite a phrase>

Jestgar Rising Star

Funny from mom:

Ethel was a bit of a demon in her wheelchair, and loved to charge around the nursing home, taking corners on one wheel and getting up to maximum speed on the long corridors.

Because the poor woman was one sandwich short of a picnic ' the other residents tolerated her and some of them actually joined in.

One day Ethel was speeding up one corridor when a door opened ! and Koo ky Clarence stepped out with his arm outstretched. 'STOP!' he shouted in a firm voice. 'Have you got a license for that thing?'

Ethel fished around in her handbag and pulled out a Kit Kat wrapper and held it up to him. 'OK' he said, and away Ethel sped down the hall.

As she took the corner near the TV lounge on one wheel, weird Harold popped out in front of her and shouted 'STOP! Have you got proof of insurance?'

Ethel dug into her handbag, pulled out a drink coaster and held it up to him. Harold nodded and said 'On your way, Ma'am.'

As Ethel neared the final corridor, Crazy Craig stepped out in front of her, Buck- Naked, and holding his 'You-Know-What' in his hand.

Oh, good grief,' yelled Ethel, 'Not that Damn Breathalyzer Test again!'

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SquatsWifDingos Newbie
Since the assigned day for the First Absinthe-Enlightened Royal Inaugural Event is decidedly dis-static, I deign that Dingy's & SquatsW/Same shall participate prior to The Play!!!!!!!

(Isn't there a BevMo in town??)

Just one or two tho - Oscar Wilde's quote is that "One drink & you see things as you wish they were. Two drinks & you see things as they are not"

I should think EYE-thur should suffice.

prior participation is a must ! and such sound advice should not go unheaded! ;)

Squats - I like your new av. My MaggieDog used to sit like that on stairs sometimes. Always cracked me up when she did that.

ty ty ty :rolleyes:

tom Contributor

GAH!!!!!!!! :lol: LMAO Jess!! :lol: :lol:

I did not know where that was going!! :lol:

SquatsWifDingos Newbie

so that you all are kept up to speed and mostly to tease SWDKisser... i thought i'd talk about an up coming soupflies i have planned for a few months from now.

the only clues that missy dingo is aware of is that it is after may and before october... that annieDingo gets to come along... it does not involve her cabin nor my mtn.

lil miss dingo had mentioned that it something that she wanted to do in one of our thousand ongoing conversations. she is :ph34r: really quite exited about it and tried to get me drunk last night to loosen me tongue !

tom Contributor

Hey David, since you're here, and the other query was a victim of necessary & understandable(very) full-speed rollerblading, did you spend much time in downtown Santa Cruz? Pacific Ave/Front St?

Best calamari sandwich EVER at The old Front St Pub!!!! :yumicon: :rolleyes::D :yumicon:

elye Community Regular
the only clues that missy dingo is aware of is that it is after may and before october... that annieDingo gets to come along... it does not involve her cabin nor my mtn.

Ooooooooohhhh......David....Do tell!.......

Yer secret's safe with us.......Honestly! ;);)

tom Contributor

lil miss dingo had mentioned that it something that she wanted to do in one of our thousand ongoing conversations. she is :ph34r: really quite exited about it and tried to get me drunk last night to loosen me tongue !

:lol:

OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A MYSTERY !!!!!!!!! :D

How many questions do we get & will they be yes-or-no only .. .. .Hmm Person, Place, or Thing is down to Place or Thing n'est-ce pas?

SquatsWifDingos Newbie
Hey David, since you're here, and the other query was a victim of necessary & understandable(very) full-speed rollerblading, did you spend much time in downtown Santa Cruz? Pacific Ave/Front St?

Best calamari sandwich EVER at The old Front St Pub!!!! :yumicon: :rollleyes: :D :yumicon:

Front St Pub does serve the best seafood in Santa Cruz. That area has changed so much over the years. From the time our highschool group could drive, we would either head to santa cruz or up to stinson beach.

Open Original Shared Link

it really is amazing to see the changes in both places.

where did you grow up Tom?

SquatsWifDingos Newbie

Ooooooooohhhh......David....Do tell!.......

Yer secret's safe with us.......Honestly! ;);)

:lol:

OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A MYSTERY !!!!!!!!! :D

How many questions do we get & will they be yes-or-no only .. .. .Hmm Person, Place, or Thing is down to Place or Thing n'est-ce pas?

how do i know i can trust you !! :lol:

lets play it this way... you post your questions here. i will repsond with cold warm hot. there is an unlimited amount of questions until you either get bored, or you discover the truth of the secrete.

if you hit the nail smack dab on the head>>!>!>!>!!! i will respond in a private pm or email. because... of course... it's ultimately a surprise ;)

tom Contributor
Front St Pub does serve the best seafood in Santa Cruz. That area has changed so much over the years. From the time our highschool group could drive, we would either head to santa cruz or up to stinson beach.

Open Original Shared Link

it really is amazing to see the changes in both places.

where did you grow up Tom?

Grew up in Chicago but started visiting s.Cruz in '88 after <shudder> moving to Salinas from Tucson after college. Moved to SJ area 2 yrs later.

I do remember pre-earthquake s.Cruz.

Monterey's Cannery Row has changed more, for my money. Hate that big complex @ Cannery Row that blocks the view from the Wherehouse, above Doc Rickett's.

Only saw Stinson once, but have heard many good things.

Front St. Pub vanished ~4yrs ago. :(

elye Community Regular
how do i know i can trust you !! :lol:

lets play it this way... you post your questions here. i will repsond with cold warm hot. there is an unlimited amount of questions until you either get bored, or you discover the truth of the secrete.

IS IT GREEN??!! <_<:rolleyes::lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Woo-hoo worked out for 20 straight minutes tonight!!! I am getting better!

tom Contributor

If he says "in a way" my guess is a tour of St. George's Distillery in Alameda!!.

SquatsWifDingos Newbie
Woo-hoo worked out for 20 straight minutes tonight!!! I am getting better!

woot grats huggs :lol:

SquatsWifDingos Newbie

If he says "in a way" my guess is a tour of St. George's Distillery in Alameda!!.

hmmm thats really an open ended question. not too many things around that does not involve green.

the simple answer is yes, green is a supporting role, but not a key player ! :P

oh an no king ptohm alameda is not even cold its freezing !

jerseyangel Proficient

You're taking her to Hawaii? :unsure:

tom Contributor
the simple answer is yes, green is a supporting role, but not a key player ! :P

Hmmmmmm

Is Red a key player then?

Darn210 Enthusiast

You're taking her on a multi-state/international tour to visit all her favoUrite sillies!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Lots of green foliage in Hawaii :P

Just sayin....

Archived