This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Sillies,

I just made these cookies--

Open Original Shared Link

and I highly recommend them! Now I need to pace meselph and not eat them all right away :ph34r::lol:

Nik--tell Tel (I just love saying that!) that he MUST try these. I've never had a gluten-free cookie recipe turn out so well! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular
Ew on the solder fumes :screwnoseup:, glad you checked in :D

:lol: Mygawd....... . . . couldn't fer the life o' me get the emoticon you were suggesting, Nik. Kept thinking it was "screwno soup"... ... what in hell? Is this an English creamed broth we dunno about over here? :huh::lol:

I know!!!!

Double decker buses!! :lol: .....trust me.....glamorous it ain't!

Do you Yanks not have DD buses anywhere down there for public transport? We've got a few of them here in Ottawa, likely for touristy forays. . . .....yep, no glamour. . . just some height that makes my bum crinkle when I look out the window and down . . . ...

:rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
"screwno soup"... ... what in hell? Is this an English creamed broth we dunno about over here? :huh::lol:

:ph34r::lol::lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

Must make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Must book ticket to London.

Must book ticket to London to make bring pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to Nikki and her kittehs and chillin's.

Don't you know you CANNOT post an irresistible recipe and cheap plane tickets on this thread as I become an obsessed lunatic. After looking at flights on Lufthansa I must now go to the store to buy pumpkin and chocolate chips. The power of chocolate (and travel) compels me. :D

Been thinking about laura- Hope she's done, home, and warm and toasty in bed with her wee fawn Sammy. She's so cute I want to eat her up (Sammy, not Laura although Laura is quite beautiful! ) :wub:

All the growth right now is in her legs - its so funny - she's like a fawn!!!!

I love that! They leap about like lamb chops!!!!!!!!

Ptaum- So happy to hear from you! Stay away from fuming soldiers though ;) (I have a very difficult time using the ;) emoticon as it reeks of sarcasm now)!

So happy you are jobful and feeling better!!!!!!! :D:wub:

Hi Sillies, it's hump day!

Excellent idea Jess......whilst visiting with Nikki and her phabulous family (and kittehs) I am thinking we can hunt down various members of the royal family, Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, have tea and scones (and everything Tel bakes up :lol:) ride double decker buses, chat with the little people under Nikki's stairs.....and that's just for starters!!!

Tee hee- Julie said hump (Nikkieigh- Hump Day is wednesday as in the hump in the middle of the week- once you get past it you can see the weekend coming and it's all downhill.

Julie- I know you haven't asked me to come with you but I feel that I must provide some supervision and chaperoning if you are to be meeting princes, Hugh and Colin. Really- it's in your own best interest! :P

I'm doing a little better- took my dad out to lunch today. I think it made his day (it is rainy and BRRR! Cold here today). He can't drive in the rain so it got him out of the house. He's so funny. He bought a North face fleece to cheer himself up- he's 78 and wears Usher cologne!!!!!!!! Wackl! :D:wacko:

jerseyangel Proficient
(I have a very difficult time using the ;) emoticon as it reeks of sarcasm now)!

Yeah <_< My fave---> :D was used that way, too. I like it too much to stop using it, though ;) oops :D I mean :PB):lol:

Glad yer dad is pheeling better :)

.....and YES!! make those cookies! The way your house will smell is almost worth the price of admission!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Yummy screwno soup!! :lol:

Hump day!! :lol: (thanks Bee)

Sillies,

and I highly recommend them! Now I need to pace meselph and not eat them all right away

Nik--tell Tel (I just love saying that!) that he MUST try these. I've never had a gluten-free cookie recipe turn out so well! :P

:P Nom, nom!! (as they say on LOL cats)

...I must think of a way of adjusting the recipe...... we don't have tapioca starch here ..... usually our gluten-free flours are 'all purpose' and are a mix of :unsure: ....... I dunno what flours :blink:

Tel WILL find a way :lol:

Bev!!.....glad you got out with your Dad :) ...mygawd!, Tel wanted a North Face fleece for our upcoming Scottish jaunt.....ridiculous prices :o ...so he settled for a 'Berghaus' fleece.

jerseyangel Proficient
...I must think of a way of adjusting the recipe...... we don't have tapioca starch here ..... usually our gluten-free flours are 'all purpose' and are a mix of :unsure: ....... I dunno what flours :blink:

Go to the thread I linked to and see my post at the end--I substituted half potato starch and half corn starch cuz tapioca doesn't like me. :P

"Tel will find a way"--reminds me of "Love Will Find a Way" :lol: --love that song......

Didn't we discuss Pablo Cruise once before? :unsure: Julie??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Whaaaat in hell?????

I know!!!!

Double decker buses!! :lol: .....trust me.....glamorous it ain't!

I was just going to explain Hump Day to ya Nick, but I see the Beeve came to the rescue :D

And whot's this?!?! Double Decker buses aint glamorous?!?!?! Say it isn't so :lol: Um, I watched The Bachelor last season with Brit Matt Grant :ph34r: and they rode one through London when they went home to meet the parents, looked quite fun, but I'll take your word for it.

Sillies,

and I highly recommend them! Now I need to pace meselph and not eat them all right away

OMG!!!!! :droolface:

I might have to make these too......will require more creamy milk chocolate no doubt :devilishface: :lol:

Must make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Must book ticket to London.

Must book ticket to London to make bring pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to Nikki and her kittehs and chillin's.

Julie- I know you haven't asked me to come with you but I feel that I must provide some supervision and chaperoning if you are to be meeting princes, Hugh and Colin. Really- it's in your own best interest!

I'm doing a little better- took my dad out to lunch today.

Bev, yer whole post cracked me up!!! Glad you are doing a little better :wub:

And of course you are coming with me silly!!! We will hunt everyone down together :D

Phorgot to mention about Sammy the fawn, those big puppy paws are the best :wub:

Hump day!! (thanks Bee)

...I must think of a way of adjusting the recipe...... we don't have tapioca starch here ..... usually our gluten-free flours are 'all purpose' and are a mix of ....... I dunno what flours

Tel WILL find a way

...mygawd!, Tel wanted a North Face fleece for our upcoming Scottish jaunt.....ridiculous prices ...so he settled for a 'Berghaus' fleece.

Tel always finds a way :lol: I am thinking he would just sub equal amounts of the flour blend he uses in place of the white rice flour and tapioca starch (and possibly the xanthan gum if the blend doesn't have that in it?).

Another Scottish jaunt?!?!?! Fab!!!!! I haven't even had ONE Scottish jaunt :jealousface: I must get meself to bonnie Scotland!!!!!!!

elye Community Regular
Yeah <_< My fave---> :D was used that way, too. I like it too much to stop using it, though ;) oops :D I mean :P

What?! We must sanctify, cleanse, and TAKE BACK our li'l emoticons!!

...... .... ..... ........... ;):D:D .. . ....... .... . . . . .......

Didn't we discuss Pablo Cruise once before? Julie??

Indeed! During those nostalgic pages of The Bay City Rollers, Lief Garrett, Shawn Cassidy, Vince Van Patten. . .. . and that guy you had up in yer av, Patti . .. ....cannot remember. ....think he was before my time. . . . . ... ;):P

jerseyangel Proficient
. .. . and that guy you had up in yer av, Patti . .. ....cannot remember. ....think he was before my time. . . . . ... ;):P

<_<:lol:

Yeah--it was during the Bobby Sherman avatar run. Good recall, Em :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Wednesday list--

On the phone with Medicare------3:12 Minutes

One the phone with secondary insurance----35 Minutes

Trying to access MyMedicare.gov on the computer ------45 Minutes

Questions answered --- 1 out of 7

Bills corrected---- 0

Connected to my account on MyMedicare.gov--------0

Tasks accomplished during this time...................................................................... 1

what a waste of a day. :ph34r:

elye Community Regular

OMG, Psillies!!!!! :o:o

We must have a confab, stat. . . . . . ...something VERRRRRRRRRRRY big has slipped through the forum rule section, under our radar. . . . . . ....

THE EMOTIQUOTA HAS BEEN CUT!!!!!!! :unsure::blink:

...IN HALF!!!

...After typing my last post, I hit the REPLY button with 20 emoticons present. I got the message telling me that I was beyond the allowable limit. . . . . :huh: ....so, I took two away. .. . . same message. . .

...took two more away. . . .

....same message.....

.....two more eliminated.. .. ...

OMG! How will we MANAGE??

I am already feeling the heavy, dark blanket of withdrawal. . . . .......

Perhaps it was just that post. . .

Lemme test..... . .

jerseyangel Proficient
Wednesday list--

Oh Judith, I'm so sorry--you must be ready to punch someone :angry:

...IN HALF!!!

An outrage!!!!!! :o

How will we manage? :huh::lol:

elye Community Regular

Okay......... . ...

^_^:(<_<:wub::lol:B):huh::):ph34r::wacko:

GAHHHHH!!!!! Only TEN permitted now!!!!!!! I started off with twenty...... . now, it's a shadow of the emotiline it was. . . . ........

Is it perhaps just here in Sillyville?? A way to address our brazen, free use of these li'l guys???? Perhaps members were taking big risks, using emoticons dangerously and irresponsibly, and admin had no choice but to step in. . . . .

We can't make big, long stacks of laffs anymore!!!!. . . . .. . . . ....

Jestgar Rising Star
Wednesday list--

Bills corrected---- 0

Tasks accomplished during this time...................................................................... 1

Knowing that you are still well enough to get p!ssed--------priceless

Hugs Judy. Sounds horribly frustrating, but I'm glad you still have (a bit) of a sense of humor about it all.

:ph34r::unsure::blink:<_<:(:angry::huh::o:ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient

And this is the least she can say.....oh no, wait.....it's the most! :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

This is what I think about our emotiquota being cut in half ----> <_<

POOPY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said confab :lol: The same thing happened to me in my last post....kept hitting add reply and I still got the over emoticon usage message, I'd go back and delete 2 more and try again with the same message

:confusedface: ........I thought sumfin just aint right here!

I guess we are going to have to write out our emoticons and over punctuate....... :perturbedface:

"Tel will find a way"--reminds me of "Love Will Find a Way" --love that song......

Didn't we discuss Pablo Cruise once before? Julie??

You called, Patti?!?!? :lol:

I don't recall, but I'm sure he was included when we went down memory lane with our crushes and fave music.

What?! We must sanctify, cleanse, and TAKE BACK our li'l emoticons!!

:lol:

Wednesday list--

Bills corrected---- 0

Aww Judy, hugs!

Knowing that you are still well enough to get p!ssed--------priceless

Hugs Judy. Sounds horribly frustrating, but I'm glad you still have (a bit) of a sense of humor about it all.

Ditto Jess, you said it well.

And this is the least she can say.....oh no, wait.....it's the most! :lol:

Hee hee, good one Patti!

jerseyangel Proficient
:perturbedface:

:lol::lol: Yes, tis us!

elye Community Regular

Judy, I meant to comment on yer heinous insurance nightmare. . .yer post came right in the middle of my traumatic emotiquota discovery.. .. .. .. I'm SO sorry that so many of you guys in the States have to go through this to access the health care that should just rightfully be yours. Very stressful, I'm sure. . . . .I do hope that the next president has this serious American problem at the top of his "to do" list .. . . . . :(

elye Community Regular

:o Gah!! Jack's latest factoid:

A person remains conscious for eight seconds after being decapitated.

:huh::huh:

How can we know this??

Do we really want to know this?

curlyfries Contributor
Indeed! During those nostalgic pages of The Bay City Rollers, Lief Garrett, Shawn Cassidy, Vince Van Patten. . .. . and that guy you had up in yer av, Patti . .. ....cannot remember. ....think he was before my time. . . . . ... ;):P

GASP!!!! :o ...........Bobby Sherman is not just THAT GUY!!!!!!...........sacrilege!!!!!!

Bills corrected---- 0

My sympathies, Judy. I used to have a 2nd job as a pharmacy tech. Had to call insurance companies all the time. And when you can't resolve an issue, who does the customer b!tch at?

...IN HALF!!!

NOOOOO!!!!!!!........SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!

No more lafellelograms..........tongue tied.........splash o' cheer....... :(

This is what happens when our Queen of Emotionocons becomes AWOL.

curlyfries Contributor

I found another post from LL with clues.......

Jewels " I hauve a Faimos frend in the US. She is an Aktris, I think she has seliac but does not mind being thin"

Then later " I am making a Necklace For I think Terri Hatcher

Terri Hatcher wrote a book" Burnt Toast"

Sorry for being away so long " I have been trying to learn how to bake a cake, what a disaster" .

If I am reading this right, she is quoting her friend, jewelchic.

BTW........do you think all her wacky videos are clues?

Mtndog Collaborator

Oh Judy- POOPY COW on Medicare!!!!!! <_<

.....and YES!! make those cookies! The way your house will smell is almost worth the price of admission!

The Beav is very very angry. Not only has the emotiquota been cut in half BUT she went to the store to get supplies to make said cookies and came home with a can of squash. Would YOU eat squash chocolate chip cookies? :greengaggingguyemoticon:

:o Gah!! Jack's latest factoid:

A person remains conscious for eight seconds after being decapitated.

:huh::huh:

How can we know this??

Do we really want to know this?

Ewwww! A chicken lived for 18 months 9google Mike the chicken- yucky!!!!!!) 8 seconds. What would you have time to think?

B):lol::D:P;):o

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks all................

going to lay on the heating pad......chiro finally gave me permission if i turned it off when I first use it after it heats up. My tummy has been hurting for 2 days non stop and todays........TO DO LIST.......SURE DIDN'T HELP.

i'M going to try to add one more emotionicon and see it it's 10...........I stole some bodies above.

went to find who to thank and Saw 3 people posted while i was posting........God I'm slllllooooowwwww today :ph34r:

Ha busted at 10..................had to take some off now have to go and see who posted during this debockal..................

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Oh Judy- POOPY COW on Medicare!!!!!! <_<

The Beav is very very angry. Not only has the emotiquota been cut in half BUT she went to the store to get supplies to make said cookies and came home with a can of squash. Would YOU eat squash chocolate chip cookies? :greengaggingguyemoticon:

barf,,,,,,,,don't think squash cookies would be good. now whata ya gona do wif the squash???????? :blink:

Jack..........yes, where does he get these facts??????????? :blink:

Archived