This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
I am just very fond of this sentence :lol:

And I'm strangely quite fond of that sentence!! :lol:

Dr to princesses :lol::D

On a side note, Smack left me a reminder note . . . Please include this in "Smack's" lunch . . . but instead of Smack (cause he doesn't know we call him that) he wrote his full name . . . first and last!!! . . . I guess he wanted to make sure I knew who he was talking about :huh::lol:

:lol: :lol:

More later :)

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
OK . . . we've known from the get-go that both of our kids would need braces . . . me and hubby both had braces, kid's baby teefs were crowded, absolutely no room for big teef. Dentist even said (years ago, mind you) that once their front eight adult teeth were in, that was when it was time to see the orthodontist. What we weren't expecting is that they were both referred TODAY!!!!

Oh yes- the phun of braces! I just got mine off last May. Just finished the payments.....worth every bit of it but I still think they are so expensive for the tiny things!

elye Community Regular
So why does it keep giving us a flat stomach link???? What are they implying???!!!!???? :angry::angry: ... :lol:

Yeah, um. . . . . . :unsure: . . .. can they, like, see us, er sumfin?? . . . ....

So now it would be interesting to throw out some random words and see if we can get some interesting links . . . cuz it's snot like we talk bout really weird stuff or nuttin' . . . of course, it probably can't interperet our spelling half the time.

Clocks

Snowglobes

Bracelet

Tennis Racket

Pooper Scooper

:lol::lol:

Why, yes....we were getting blue google ads fer crutches and walkers during the whole crutch-tip adventure, weren't we?. . . .. ...

colostomy bag

goombah

fard

:huh:

:lol:

Happy Bday Canada!!!!!! (Then what's w/ the fireworks on July 1st??? :huh: )

You Yank yahoos!! T'aint Canada's birthday. . . .. ..POeter! Reiterate what I referred to after your post, s'il vous plait . . . ..

Actually, let's phace it. . . .. listening to a tale of Canadian history is about as interesting as watching paint dry, particularly fer outta-towners . . . .. . . ... may not wanna bother.. . ..

But I FOUND IT INTERESTING, POETER!! :)B)

Like a charm, Pataughmn :D Just havin' a less than sillie day and would rather just read along than be a wet blankie :P

Ohhhh, Patti... . :( . . .. this is rare for you, our dear, happy one. Hope you pheel better quickly. Perhaps after a good night's sleep . . . .. . .

I had typed more but seems I lost it. Trying to summarize....

Paddeigh-Ann hope you are pheeling a little more sunshiney today??? Although the weather can't be helping much.....tis another gray rainy (very rainy) day here and now as the temps start dropping we are starting to see a mix....I love ice....NOT :angry::angry::angry:

The NYC trip is more than likely being postponed. My coworkers hubby has not work in a few days due to weather, so they are most likely going to mandate work for this weekend, because the project is behind now. We will just go another weekend.

So if that happens I am going to see Christopher. I am dying to meet him.

psawyer Proficient

Okay, quick history of Canada. Major events only.

Seventeenth century: The French colonize New France.

September 13, 1759: The British defeat the French on the Plains of Abraham.

1791: The former New France is divided into predominately French Lower Canada and predominately English Upper Canada.

July 1, 1867: Four colonies reorganize into a Dominion named Canada. The four provinces are Ontario (Upper Canada), Quebec (Lower Canada), New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. The Dominion is part of the British Empire, and is subject to British Rule from the Westminster Parliament. :)

July 1 is celebrated as a national holiday with the historically accurate name "Dominion Day," the anniversary of the Dominion of Canada's formation. :)

December 11, 1931: The Statute of Westminster makes several Dominions, including Canada, Legislatively independent. The ultimate authority is now the Canadian Parliament in Ottawa. Canada is independent. We are no longer part of the Empire. :) :) :)

April 7, 1982: A new Constitution is proclaimed, including a Charter of Rights. Ultimate authority moves a few blocks west from Parliament Hill to the Supreme Court of Canada, an unelected body. :(

October 27, 1982: July 1 is renamed to the meaningless "Canada Day." :(

Thanks for the Less Peoter! I never knew any of it.....I only paid attention in art class :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
December 11, 1931: The Statute of Westminster makes several Dominions, including Canada, Legislatively independent. The ultimate authority is now the Canadian Parliament in Ottawa. Canada is independent. We are no longer part of the Empire. :) :) :)

Very interesting! :D

elye Community Regular

Hey, that Oracle of ours just made a Canadian history lesson MUCH more interesting than drying paint .. . . ..Thank you, PeOter! I agree - - I much prefer to say "Dominion Day". :)

tom Contributor
So now it would be interesting to throw out some random words and see if we can get some interesting links . . . cuz it's snot like we talk bout really weird stuff or nuttin' . . . of course, it probably can't interperet our spelling half the time.

Clocks

Snowglobes

Bracelet

Tennis Racket

Pooper Scooper

:P

Automatic toenail clipper

personal massager (anyone else see the latenight ads for some fingertip thingy by Trojan?? :lol:<d'oh maybe everyone already HAS 'em>

Garland (not TX)

Llama wool scarf

Yeti wool(?) scarf

Russian mail-order brides

Snakeskin boots

Christmas sweaters for naked snakes

Snowglobe clockradios w/ dual alarms

Marshmallow Menorah

ABSINTHE! ABSINTHE! ABSINTHE!

Any take root in googleland??

I can't tell cuz I normally keep javascript off.

Like a charm, Pataughmn :D Just havin' a less than sillie day and would rather just read along than be a wet blankie :P

Oy, I know that feeling all too well, as do many of us I'm sure.

Hope yer better SOON Padt. :)

The NYC trip is more than likely being postponed.

Well dang, yer Highness .. . .. were there plans for special - inaugural even - gluten-free restaurants? I hear so much about how fantabulous some are.

Okay, quick history of Canada. Major events only.

Woohoo well done oraclized .. .oracleated? :)

Makes me think The History Channel should do histories of countries. Why in Sam Hill don't they??? :unsure: Why are borders where they are?? Didn't Cologne used to be in France???? Gaul???? :wacko:

(P.S. I wanna WATCH not read :lol: )

curlyfries Contributor
Any take root in googleland??

I can't tell cuz I normally keep javascript off.

Nope.......but there's lots of orthodontists, dentists and .........canes? :huh:....(Em just had to mention crutch tips again) :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I'm curious....when you say a whole bag...how much is IN the bag??? I would easily get through a bag of crisps and MUCH more

Our 'standard' bags hold 25g.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh this makes me LAFF and LAFF :o:lol: :lol: x 200

the bag of CRISPS that I ate was 227 grams. Eight ounces. Yes, I ate the WHOLE THING in one day. PLUS half a bag of Nuggets with almonds. late at night, a bit of Haagen Dazs.

:unsure:

mygawd, no WONDER I nearly vomited..........and could get sick now just thinking about it.....

UM, Janet???.....I think the last post for international mail was last week

Must crack on!!!!

*snort* this cracked me up also - - um, you guys know the DAY for the last international post, and it's, like, THREE WEEKS before Christmas? what in hell is going on there? :lol:

They do make a "family size" which is considerably bigger than the 336g . . . Suezzee, was it a family size bag of crisps?

:ph34r: almost, wasn't it?

...still waiting for me man with a big tool :blink: .....however the scaffolding has arrived

scaffolding? the scaffolding arrives before the man with the big tool? :blink:

Me, too....he'll be back from England Saturday night.

*SNACKLE*

I have a 'cute' to pass on. My boss (MD,PhD) was telling me that his son's (5 or 6) favorite toy was something that changed the color of dyes based on pH. I started laughing and said something like "Your poor kids were doomed form birth". He replied that his daughter (3 1/2) was very much into princesses, although, she did recently say she wanted to be a doctor to princesses...

those kids are in for a lifetime of nerdliness

lifetime of nerdliness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

but the board seems to have had more problems while I've been queen than your other ruling monarchs So I'll pass on the orb and scepter to the next monarch. May Scott be able to keep things up better for your rule

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

OK . . . we've known from the get-go that both of our kids would need braces . . . me and hubby both had braces, kid's baby teefs were crowded, absolutely no room for big teef. Dentist even said (years ago, mind you) that once their front eight adult teeth were in, that was when it was time to see the orthodontist. What we weren't expecting is that they were both referred TODAY!!!!

Please send money

<_< just pull half their teef?

ARGH! busted for too many quotes! part deux coming up

DingoGirl Enthusiast

JULES! yer post cracked me up, highlighting me VOMITOUS words

and - a Beaverly sighting!! NO MEAN KITTEHS fer yer dad!!!!!! :angry: But so glad you're looking at kittehs for him :)

Patti!!!!!! Hope you get yer sillie back quite soon, and, you could NEVER be a wet blanket!!!!!

you have not laundered since October?? Like, two months ago, October???

Do you have sixty pairs of underwear??! Please say it's so .. . .....

:lol: x 10 Is THIS the reason your roommate left? *snort*

.....all the good stuff keeps happening before I get here!

well Leesuh, clearly you are going to have to LEAVE the classroom whilst you are at school, go to the library FREQUENTLY throughout the day and post away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey - where has Bunnie been? haven't seen her since the last blackout, have we?

Clocks

Snowglobes

Bracelet

Tennis Racket

Pooper Scooper

escutcheon

booger

garter belt

scrotal sac

snood

convertible

shoelace

FLAT STOMACH

gommbah and fard!!!!!!! :lol:

Em called us Yahoo Yanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

PETER! Excellent history lesson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo well done oraclized .. .oracleated? :)

Makes me think The History Channel should do histories of countries. Why in Sam Hill don't they??? Why are borders where they are?? Didn't Cologne used to be in France???? Gaul????

(P.S. I wanna WATCH not read )

*SNACKLE* this cracked me up

curlyfries Contributor
ARGH! busted for too many quotes! part deux coming up

They ration quotes, too? :o

elye Community Regular

OMG..... .what do you guys sneeze like? My sneezes are medium-decibel, with a small initial intake of air. I sat next to a woman today who sneezed, and it was. . . . .. ..ridiculous. A little squeak. And I actually heard the enunciated word - - "aaahhh--choo!"

Very bizarre, honestly. What in hell?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
They ration quotes, too? :o

:o you didn't know that??? YES! you can only have a certain number of QUOTES, dag nabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:but I don't know how many

OMG..... .what do you guys sneeze like? My sneezes are medium-decibel, with a small initial intake of air. I sat next to a woman today who sneezed, and it was. . . . .. ..ridiculous. A little squeak. And I actually heard the enunciated word - - "aaahhh--choo!"

:o:lol: :lol:

Unfortunately I inherited the worst of the sneezes of BOTH sides of my family. My sneezes can rattle walls and I have to TRY and be quite dainty with them. This has led, on rare occasion, to a horrid eyeball blowout and really loud honk-snort in public places. It hurts, too. :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG..... .what do you guys sneeze like?

Mine are pretty typical, but my dad has ALWAYS sneezed like this: "eee-eee-eee-ee-eee.....cho-oo-oo-oo-oo" :lol:

Ashley Enthusiast

Hi everyone!!!

We just had our first snow of the season here in middle TN, it rarely ever snows like this, especially in my county!

my edumatication has been cancelled tommorrow :]

curlyfries Contributor
well Leesuh, clearly you are going to have to LEAVE the classroom whilst you are at school, go to the library FREQUENTLY throughout the day and post away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey - where has Bunnie been? haven't seen her since the last blackout, have we?

That's OK........I'd kinda like to keep this job :P

Where is our bunnie? :huh:

<GASP>.....Not lost in the.......abyss! :o

tom Contributor

:lol: that's a crackup!! :lol:

Mine are pretty normal, except often coming in multiples.

Someone I knew sounded like a mouse. Who was that?? Maybe she moved to Ottawa!!

jerseyangel Proficient
Hi everyone!!!

We just had our first snow of the season here in middle TN, it rarely ever snows like this, especially in my county!

my edumatication has been cancelled tommorrow :]

Hi Ashley :D

Saw that on the news tonight! :o They also showed New Orleans--wow!

curlyfries Contributor

I never could understand why some people feel they need to use their vocal chords to sneeze. :unsure:

tom Contributor
This has led, on rare occasion, to a horrid eyeball blowout and really loud honk-snort in public places. It hurts, too. :ph34r:

Ow!!!!!

. ..edumatication . ...

Hi Ashley!

Great Picasso quote too ;):)

Ashley Enthusiast

Patti! :] -hugs-

...I'm actually very guilty of using my voice when sneezing...sound like a very loud HI! sometimes when I sneeze lol

Ashley Enthusiast

Hello Tom! thank you, Picasso's amazing. no school tomorrow, spelling rules do not applyyyyy!!!

Archived