This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Avid Gardener Wondering Is There Anything To Watch For Gardening With Gluten?

toomuchagony

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

tried it again................... :ph34r:

Evie i did a copy as i saw you type this in the 'quoted' post

so happy you can post now.

so agree with you on safety in our own grown food

Jim does the veg garden and me the rest.

i gave him the first perennial garden i ever stated but it's on a sloop so easier for him to deal with

Evie did you see the old canning thread?

brings back allot of memories.

I'll get some info out soon.

Judy

Yes, it is so good when we can grow our own veggies and etc and know what is on..in them, safer and is such good therapy for the not so well person. I am looking forward to hearing all your many ideas!!! We should get some sun today, yippee to that. Later and love to all, evie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast

tried it again................... :ph34r:

Evie i did a copy as i saw you type this in the 'quoted' post

so happy you can post now.

so agree with you on safety in our own grown food

Jim does the veg garden and me the rest.

i gave him the first perennial garden i ever stated but it's on a sloop so easier for him to deal with

Evie did you see the old canning thread?

brings back allot of memories.

I'll get some info out soon.

Judy

Yes, it is so good when we can grow our own veggies and etc and know what is on..in them, safer and is such good therapy for the not so well person. I am looking forward to hearing all your many ideas!!! We should get some sun today, yippee to that. Later and love to all, evie

Missy'smom

I have what I think is liriope under a pine tree that looks aweful. The ends of the grass like leaves are browned and it has been bug-eaten. I've tried to get in there and pullout all the dead, dying stuff and other debris to get some air circulation somewhat like I do with the daylillies but they are pretty dense and much harder to clean up. Any advice?

I cut them all back in early spring......ha........not yet behind.............but they'll do well with a hair cut.

judy

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Hey you guys... thought I'd share one of my favorite gardening websites-- Kitchen Gardeners International. Click Open Original Shared Link.

There's articles about veggie and fruit gardening, recipes, and links to gardening blogs... it's really cool.

thanks put on my desk top to look over later

have to figure out dinner now.

judy

toomuchagony Apprentice

Hey Ho Thar Gardening Gurus :D

So sorry this is a bit late tonight... BUT at least I KNOW ya'll shall understand how it "goes" with "D" ;)

Never the less gang, I do hope that this post shall prove to be well worth yer wait anyhoo in da end. I've just one small snag to convey though... (there's always a catch huh) thing is that I don't have the time now tonight to provide ya with ALL of the many recipes that I'd like to share with ya, thus I simply must break the delivery of the "Natural Recipes" up into 2 separate "lists", (the second I'll post on the morrow Lord willing) but fer now, hope ya will all enjoy purusing this first list in the interim. Of note to, (sorry can't recall the poster's name now :unsure: the individual who discussed planting "daylilies", next list great "transplant booster" for them included, and as well the list will contain "Mildew, Powdery Mildew, Lawns, & Critters" recipes, as well as some "fertilizer/booster" recipes to benefit plants throughout the growing season.

TOOMUCHAGONY

pixiegirl Enthusiast

Sometimes, especially in summer, when people ask what I do I saw "gardener". Actually I have a long personal and professional life in the garden. I come from a family that loves gardening. I worked for City Gardens in Boston an urban interior and exterior landscape company (commercial accounts only). Then moved to the Cape and worked for Hoxie Landscaping in Sandwich and then opened up my own company that designed and installed cottage/perennial/ cape cod gardens, called Dirty Gertie's Landscaping (don't ask how we came up with that but just think: beer, friends, brainstorming). Currently in real life I'm s stock broker, even though I wasn't in charge of manual labor in my previous "garden" jobs it was still physically exhausting and I think I got to old.

So now I manage our acre and a half! I have a mix of bright sun and shade, open areas, a meadow and woods with trails thru them. Every year I cut down at least one pitch pine and plant a specimen tree, sometimes 2 so I've got a mini arboretum here! I spend way too much money on my garden and have way too many beds but it is breath taking.

I had a small veggie garden for years but eventually your soil can be inhabited with the various funguses that hit tomatoes and so you get a small crop (I've tried doing them in containers) so I stopped growing them. I got tired of the worm that gets in zucchini, I have to tell you the battle with pests just did me in!

Last year I turned the veggie garden into herb/cutting garden. And this year I'm planting asparagus in the rear of that garden. My meadow area, over 50 years ago, was an asparagus farm and there are still some asparagus plants that come up in there every year (asparagus is a very long lived perennial). One thing I love about a garden is its never done, your always refining it moving things.

Cape Cod is listed as zone 5 B a little warmer then just a plain zone 5 and the truth is most of our winters are closer to zone 6, but you take a chance in planting really cold sensitive stuff because every so many years we get a bad winter. I have a gardening friend in Ohio and he was astounded at my rhododendrens, I have many that are full and 20 feet tall. I'll take some pix this spring.

Right now my hostas are up about 3 inches and daffodils blooming like crazy, if we get some sun the next few days my forsythia will bloom.

So that's the garden report on Cape Cod!

Susan

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

WHAT AMAZING EXPERTS WE HAVE ON THIS FORUM..............

I'LL BE READING AND PRINTING.

MUST HEAD OUT TO THE GARDEN FOR A FEW MINUTES BUT WANTED TO SAY

THANKS TO YOU ALL..........GREAT INFO

jUDY

toomuchagony Apprentice

Good Day Gardening Gang!

I just wanted to take a quick minute to touch base with ya so I didn't leave ya all hanging awaiting my second list post... sorry I have had to delay the post, have gotten swamped with WORK, I shall post the second list later on this evening for sure for ya'll. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

WELL WE'LL BE WAITING WITH BATED BREATH :lol:

HONEST YOU SEND GREAT INFO

I'M PASSING ON TO MY GARDEN CLUB AS WE ALL TRY TO GO TOTALLY ORGANIC.

I HAVEN'T POSTED MUCH SINCE I GOT TO THE 'ENT' DR AND MY WORLD ISN'T SPINNING............I'VE BEEN IN THE GARDEN.

I HAVE :ph34r: GOUT WEED...BISHOP WEED.............TERRIBLE STUFF AND IT WAS CROWDED OUT MY EPIMEDIUM AND I WAS WEEDING IT MOST OF THE DAY.......TEDIOUS WORK BUT WILL BE WORTH IT IF IT HASN'T ALREADY CHOCKED THE LIFE OUT OF IT ALREADY. THE YELLOW IS BLOOMING BUT CAN'T FIND THE OTHER 6 VARIETIES I HAVE.

I'VE SPEND YEARS LITTER-LY TRYING TO GET RID OF IT.

ANY IDEAS? I'VE DUG UP ALL MY BEDS...........PUT PLASTIC DOWN ..............NEW DIRT AND REPLANTED ALL 7 GARDENS.............JIM EVEN ROTOTILLED THE WHOLE AREA AND RE DID THE NEW DIRT BUT THE 'SPECK' OF ROOT NOT GOTTEN UP JUST STARTS IT ALL UP AGAIN.

EVEN A PROFESSIONAL LANDSCAPER COULDN'T HELP ME

TOLD ME TO MOVE. NO ONE WILL TAKE PLANTS FROM THESE GARDENS......... :lol: EVEN THO I JUST GET ROOT BALLS AND REMOVE ALL ATTACHED DIRT.

JUDY

toomuchagony Apprentice
WELL WE'LL BE WAITING WITH BATED BREATH :lol:

I HAVE :ph34r: GOUT WEED...BISHOP WEED.............

I'VE SPEND YEARS LITTER-LY TRYING TO GET RID OF IT. ANY IDEAS?

JUDY

Well Howdy All :D

Sheeesh eh, it's late again huh :o Sure the heck hope yer just "bated breathed" and NOT "holding yer breath" huh :lol: BUT this time I get to lay the blame on my forum chum Judyin Philly! :rolleyes: YUP YUP it's all her fault eh... a'cause I simply had to take a couple minutes to "try" to assist Judy with her DEMON Goutweed issue, before I could post the "second list" for ya'll tonight! :lol: Will post it in a sec.

Seriously though Judy... Below I have copied you some good info about yer problem, along with the site link info of where I obtained it from so ya can utilize that resource if ya want for "other invader issues".

Plant Conservation Alliance, Alien Plant Working Group

FACT SHEETS INDEX PAGE

Open Original Shared Link

GOUTWEED

Open Original Shared Link

MANAGEMENT OPTIONS

AUTHORS

Steve Garske, Great Lakes Indian Fish & Wildlife Commission, Odanah, WI

David Schimpf, Department of Biology, University of Minnesota - Duluth, Duluth, MN

MANAGEMENT OPTIONS

A variety of methods are available for controlling goutweed, depending on the extent of the infestation and the amount of time and labor available. Regardless of the control method used, the patch should be carefully monitored periodically for a few years. New shoots should be dug up and destroyed. Once goutweed control has been achieved, revegetation with native or non-invasive exotic plant materials is recommended. This is particularly important on sites where erosion is a concern or where other invasive species are likely to colonize the site if left alone.

Biological

There are no biological control organisms currently available for Aegopodium podograria in North America.

Chemical

Systemic herbicides such as glyphosate (Roundup

toomuchagony Apprentice

Okay Folks Better Late Than Never Huh :D

Below here ya will find "List #2" of Natural Garden Aid Recipes. BUT gee, I have good news and bad to convey since my last post... the good news (well at least I think it will be :rolleyes: there will be a List #3 and maybe even a List #4 yet to come in days ahead. The bad news, I did not have time to include "Lawn Helps", as I'd indicated I would within this list now. I've covered Mildew issues, Critters, a Tomato End Rot Preventor, and as promised a "Daylily Transplant Booster". As I am able I will post ya a bunch more "nifty natural garden aid recipes" for dealing with pests, and "maintaining good gardens". I do hope ya all enjoy and benefit from the lists :D So here is List #2...

TOOMUCHAGONY

Wonka Apprentice
Me too. I'll have to remember the egg shells. My hostas weren't looking too good last year and I wondered whether or not it was a slug problem.

One year I went out a dusk every night and hand picked slugs (and counted them) when I reached 1600 I went out and bought Safers Slug Bait (it prevents the slugs from producing slime and they can't travel and die- this seems cruel but I was tired of had picking and wanted a bait that wouldn't harm birds or animals). I have a pretty shady garden and it is pretty damp in my back yard (I live in Vancouver and we get alot of rain) so the slugs love it. Plus I tend to like things a bit overgrown and they love all the hiding places I provide. I use egg shells alot now. I save them all year and in the spring I buzz them in my food processor and lay them around my suseptible plants.

toomuchagony Apprentice

QUOTE (missy'smom @ Apr 8 2008, 02:01 PM)

Me too. I'll have to remember the egg shells. My hostas weren't looking too good last year and I wondered whether or not it was a slug problem.

One year I went out a dusk every night and hand picked slugs (and counted them) when I reached 1600 I went out and bought Safers Slug Bait (it prevents the slugs from producing slime and they can't travel and die- this seems cruel but I was tired of had picking and wanted a bait that wouldn't harm birds or animals). I have a pretty shady garden and it is pretty damp in my back yard (I live in Vancouver and we get alot of rain) so the slugs love it. Plus I tend to like things a bit overgrown and they love all the hiding places I provide. I use egg shells alot now. I save them all year and in the spring I buzz them in my food processor and lay them around my suseptible plants.

Hi All

To both missy'smom and especially to Wonka... I live in Chilliwack BC, and pretty much figure this property is the original "slug factory on the planet"... I have good results in "reducing damage" to all my plants and veggies, by simply "spraying the perimeters of ground surrounding my treasures" with a "natural deterent spray". The recipe for the actual "super slug spray" I use was provided on "pg 2" in the first "recipies list" posted in this thread. The spray is not only effective & safe, it's "earth friendly" in a very literal sense, as it "cleans & rejeuvenates" the ground which assists your plant's healthy growth. I encourage ya both, (and everyone else too) to give the spray a try for a "non chemical" approach. I also utilize "egg shells", not only for the dreaded slugs/snails, but in fact they work like "diatomatious earth" to "cut the soft skinned/shelled" insects that frequent the garden floor, without harming "good insects".

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Thanks for all your time in helping us with the natural approach to gardening!

I've printed them all out but still haven't really read them in depth.

I did see this one.

I don't even have any wheat flour in the house. i for one wouldn't use or be around wheat flour now.

I love to know if it would be ok to use rice flour or potatoe starch flour instead? I can't use the boxes of potato anymore so they are just sitting here. I could use that in this recipe maybe.

wonder what the difference would be?

Any thoughts out there?

Judy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRAY CAT PERIMETER SPRAYS (2 effective recipes BUT THE SECOND USES FLOUR!)

1. Combine, 1/2 Cup of Oil Of Mustard with 1/4 Cup Dish Soap and 2 Gallons Of Warm Water, in a large hand held sprayer. Spray perimeter of areas you want cats to avoid.

CELIAC WARNING?CAUTION

toomuchagony Apprentice

Evening Judy

Yer most welcome for the recipes, my pleasure to provide 'em :D

Absolutely you can substitute, either "potato or corn" flours for this recipe. The ingredient is changeable.

Hope this eases yer mind, and provides a worthy use fer yer "sit'n round potato flour" as a bonus! ;)

Thanks for all your time in helping us with the natural approach to gardening!

I've printed them all out but still haven't really read them in depth.

I did see this one.

I don't even have any wheat flour in the house. i for one wouldn't use or be around wheat flour now.

I love to know if it would be ok to use rice flour or potatoe starch flour instead? I can't use the boxes of potato anymore so they are just sitting here. I could use that in this recipe maybe.

wonder what the difference would be?

Any thoughts out there?

Judy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRAY CAT PERIMETER SPRAYS (2 effective recipes BUT THE SECOND USES FLOUR!)

1. Combine, 1/2 Cup of Oil Of Mustard with 1/4 Cup Dish Soap and 2 Gallons Of Warm Water, in a large hand held sprayer. Spray perimeter of areas you want cats to avoid.

CELIAC WARNING?CAUTION

toomuchagony Apprentice

Good Day Gardening Buddies!

Well gee, this post is definetly one which is done in "hindsight" now... AND hopefully will NOT be a case of being "too late"! However, it just occurred to me this morning that I really should have included in the "cautions/warnings" portion of the "recipe lists" I have provided to ya'all one other particular warning which may or may not be "obvious" to everyone here who may utilize those recipes. So I'm providing it here now, and praying it shall be "better late than never" for ya all to receive.

PLEASE, be aware you must NEVER, ever, combine "Ammonia" with either "Vinegar OR Bleach"!!!!!! To do so creates "toxic fumes" which could very well KILL YOU :ph34r:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Good Day Gardening Buddies!

Well gee, this post is definetly one which is done in "hindsight" now... AND hopefully will NOT be a case of being "too late"! However, it just occurred to me this morning that I really should have included in the "cautions/warnings" portion of the "recipe lists" I have provided to ya'all one other particular warning which may or may not be "obvious" to everyone here who may utilize those recipes. So I'm providing it here now, and praying it shall be "better late than never" for ya all to receive.

PLEASE, be aware you must NEVER, ever, combine "Ammonia" with either "Vinegar OR Bleach"!!!!!! To do so creates "toxic fumes" which could very well KILL YOU :ph34r:

wow put this in red so no one will miss it

thanks so so much

judy

toomuchagony Apprentice
wow put this in red so no one will miss it

thanks so so much

judy

Hi Judy :)

Yer welcome... BUT really I am so sorry that I failed to mention it on the lists themselves for ya'll. :(

So folks to reiterate Judy's sentiments on my last post... this is me YELLING (in red ;) at ya now...

DO NOT EVER COMBINE AMMONIA WITH EITHER "VINEGAR" or "BLEACH", IT CREATES TOXIC FUMES!!!!

That said, I would like to reassure everyone, you will NEVER find any "lethal combination" given "within" any of the recipes provided on the recipe lists I posted ya. IMHO and rule of thumb, it is NOT wise to just "experiment" and "change or alter" ANY formulation recipe apart from basic "substitutions", say in a case as we discussed prior, "using corn flour in the cat deterent spray", or interchanging "dish-soap and baby shampoo", where the ingredients are "equals" rather than "additional or different". Just FTR eh :D

pixiegirl Enthusiast

Gout weed, you poor thing. Anything that travels underground is a bear to get rid of, gout week, poison ivy, bamboo, etc.

I have an acre and a half and when I bought this place except for a small front yard the entire place was covered with poison ivy, the healthiest crop of it you've ever seen (cape cod is the perfect habitat for it, sandy soil not that cold in winter). I had it climbing 20 feet up trees.

I tried "natural" ideas and solutions for control. Sorry, no can do natural anymore for poison ivy it just does not work. I spent 3 summers covered with poison ivy rash and I do mean covered. The last time when I had to take oral cortisone to get rid of it I decided the damage to my health from it is far greater then the damage I'm going to do to the earth getting rid of it. And out came the Roundup.

I've been battling the stuff now for 9 years. I'd say I've been able to eradicate 85% of it (its so tenacious). It was so thick in some areas that I had to do some broad area spraying. But now I've got in down to individually treating each poison ivy plant You can turn the spray to an single steam and i only shoot the ivy plants (not the ground etc) In the areas where it is growing right along side my ornamentals I don't spray I wipe it on.

Here is how. I put on two pair of latex gloves (extra protection) and then a pair of soft cotton gloves. I spray the cotton gloves with roundup until they are wet (I use to spray a rag but i figured why not spray the glove but NEVER do this without serious latex glove protection underneath! And when they are good and damp i run my hands over the ivy plant and get the leaves good and wet. This way I've got the round up on the poison ivy but not on the daylilies and such that are near it. When don't I toss out the cotton gloves (I by a whole bunch of them at a local job lot store) and carefully strip off the latex gloves and toss them and I'm done. A week later only the poison ivy is dying.

I use to work in landscaping and many years ago had a MA pesticide license/garden chemicals license and I want to make sure everyone knows that Roundup and all the other chemicals they sell at the local garden center can KILL YOU. If you get it on your skin, wash it off immediately. The same holds true for many of the "natural pesticides" and fertilizers, anything like that you get on your skin, don't wait wash it immediately. I always wear long sleeves and long pants when working with any chemical. Don't spray on windy days, try early morning when its more still.

On Cape Cod everyone has an outdoor shower, i don't know how, as a gardener, I ever lived without one. And the minute I'm done working with chemicals, fertilizer or poison ivy, i strip off my clothes and wash up really well in the outdoor shower. I had a neighbor once tell me, it can't be that poisonous if they sell it at the garden center, right? Since then I've realized that a lot of people don't realize how careful you need to be with this stuff.

But honestly digging doesn't do much for poison ivy other then give me a rash!

Good luck, Susan

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

thanks so much

I guess i rationalize that if i go organic for everything else and just use the roundup for gout weed it's all i can do.

your posts are so helpful...no wonder with all your knowledge and professional experience.

thanks so much again

will try to re read thread again and post tomorrow.

We are to get a freeze tonight. I know we aren't really safe till after May 15th. Glad I haven't put much in at this point

nite all

Judy

Yellow Rose Explorer

Hi everyone,

Hi Judy, I'm back. :rolleyes:

I love this thread. I am in southwest Texas zone 9 and left several gardens due to moving 3 times in 5 years. This year I deceided to do only containers so I can pick up my garden and move it with me if we wind up moving again in the middle of a season. I have 6 kinds of tomatoes, snap peas, snow peas, and a bunch of herbs growing in pots. The only thing that hasn't come up so far is mint. I keep looking but nothing in that pot yet. I am going on week 4 with the mint and am about to give up and plant something else. All my herbs are in hanging pots except my rosemary and my DH hung them along our back porch which faces west. My containers are along a fence also facing west which I am utilizing for climbing plants and for support. This weekend I plan to plant squash both summer and winter, pumpkins, watermelon, and peppers 5 different kinds. I should be out of pots by then and will have to order more. I have done all plantings with seed. I do only organic gardening and in our little town it's hard to find any organic anything. I am trying to get enough veggies frozen to last through next winter. Someone mentioned freezing tomatoes I do that also with great results. I saw on a cooking show yesterday another way to do tomatoes. Drying them and storing in oil. They are very expensive in the stores that way. She cut the tomatoes in half and put them in a dehydrator until they were dry but still bendable. You can also do this in the oven on low heat. When done she put them in a little olive oil and sealed it up. I have a dehydrator so I am going to give that a try.

As far as knowing of gardening products with gluten in them I wouldn't take any chances and read everything. Wheat is so cheap it is used as fillers and binders for so many items.

Yellow Rose

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

:ph34r: RATS JUST DID A LONG POST AND LOST IT

WILL TRY AGAIN. HATE THIS QUOTE THING WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK

J

missy'smom Collaborator

Thanks Judy for the advice. I gave my liriope(if that's what it is) a haircut. It looks much better and it was just in time as the new growth was starting to pop up.

I'll have to go back over that list of natural remedies and prepare to do battle with the slugs and dandelions next. My neighbors probably thought I was crazy but I went out and pulled the blooms and buds off by hand to keep them from going to seed until I can get out and work on getting rid of the plants themselves. Oh, well, the work, fresh air and sun is good for the mind, soul and body. Happy Gardening!

Sweetfudge Community Regular
Also with slugs........crushed egg shells and those pods from the sweet gum trees that are round and sharp are great around the base of the hostas etc esp. in Aug as they start looking funky.

I read in a magazine last month (either BHG or real simple) that you can also use the "egg-water" when you hard boil eggs, just let it cool, and dump it out in the garden, and I guess it has calcium or some such nutrient plants like. Just thought I'd mention that.

Also, the bending over is a problem for me (anyone else?). (Hate to sound like I'm complaining, but that's the way it is for some people with celiac, I guess.) But, gardening is the one thing that gets my mind off things, so I keep at it.

I have a hard time bending over too, both from the celiac gut and a pinched sciatic nerve in my tailbone :(

Before I got sick, I used to spend all my time on the HGTV gardening boards. Now I am here, lol.

OMG me too! And BHG.com :)

EVEN A PROFESSIONAL LANDSCAPER COULDN'T HELP ME

TOLD ME TO MOVE.

lol seriously? That'd be a silly reason to move IMO :)

K, now a couple questions:

A couple people have mentioned freezing tomatoes. I wish I had known you could do that last year when I was up to my ears in them! What's the best way to do this? Do you have to peel them or anything?

Does anyone know whether I would be ok to "transplant" some of my stepping stones from one spot of grass to another? Can I just cut the grass up and put it in the place where the stones used to be? The lady who lived here before me just randomly placed them, and they don't do much good for a path.

Also, we have really hard water. Is this bad for my plants/veggies? Is there a way to clean them off before presenting them (like a basket of tomatoes for the neighbor)? They always look so dirty!

And then, what is a cheap way to prepare my garden for planting, as far as mulching and whatever else I need to do to it? I have mostly worked with potted plants since moving away from the farm. Dunno if I can or want to buy manure :)

Last one - does anyone have a compost pile? I've been meaning to research how to start one, use one, etc. Would love some ideas/feedback!

Thanks all, a great topic!!

Wonka Apprentice
K, now a couple questions:

A couple people have mentioned freezing tomatoes. I wish I had known you could do that last year when I was up to my ears in them! What's the best way to do this? Do you have to peel them or anything?

I just wash, dry and freeze. To use, I dip in boiling water for 30 seconds to a minute and the skins slide off.

pixiegirl Enthusiast

I agree with the tomatoes ...... the first year I grew them I had a gazillion of them. So I washed them, dried them, froze them individually then combined them in a big bag. I just took out what I needed from the bag and dropped in boiling water to remove skins then used them.

If you don't have the freezer space you can remove the skins first before you freeze and either chop them or puree them and freeze that (uncooked).

Also I eventually broke down and bought a.... darn I can't think of the name of it... the one I bought was a good one from Italy... you put the tomatoes in the top and turn the handle and it separates the skins from the pulp of the tomatoes. You then freeze that separated "sauce". It was expensive but when you grow a gazillion tomatoes, well worth it.

That was in my old house, in the new one we just grow a few tomatoes!

Susan

Archived