#16 FooGirlsMom

FooGirlsMom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:20 AM

Hello,

As someone who has dieted most of my adult life due to this WONDERFUL problem we all have, I can answer your question now that I've seen your calorie intake in a follow-up post.

You are probably in dietary ketosis (meaning you are burning your own fat) by the time you go to bed. This can happen when you are dieting and burning your fat stores. It can most DEFINITELY give you insomnia. Your body can get racy and not want to sleep.

The only two things (and sometimes a combination) that help is: 1) Eat a decent sized meal within 2 hours of going to bed. 2) Eat carbohydrates before going to bed.

It really has nothing to do with junk food being your cure. Your "junk food" is probably a carbohydrate load right? Even if you eat some meat & veggies, be sure to add a potato or something in there to make your body settle down & sleep.

If you are in deep enough dietary ketosis, you can even get restless leg syndrome and have trouble staying asleep. If you are not trying to lose weight, graze more during the day, and eat your larger meal toward the evening. With a little practice you'll find what your body will tolerate digesting while you sleep.

Good luck!

FooGirlsMom
When I saw this photo, I thought it truly represented my life prior to being gluten-free. It was like being rooted in place trying to survive a Category 5. Now that I am gluten-free, I feel like I just might make it :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: