Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Ate Gluten By Mistake

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:56 PM

Funny, I get major panic attacks when I get glutened too.

I get major anxiety when I am glutened too.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 cornbread

cornbread

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

Reading this, I feel so (relatively!) lucky that I don't get sick to my stomach from gluten mistakes, although I get bloating and a stomach tightness, followed by 24-48 hours of severe brain fog and exhaustion, and I get depressed and incredibly irritable and usually an excema/acne breakout too. That all sucks of course, but I do not have to run to the bathroom and I know that if the stomach tightness kicks it's like a warning, and I have about 12 hours before the other stuff starts to happen, so I can usually plan the next day around it. :lol:

#18 pamelaws

pamelaws

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:51 PM

what should you do if you just ate some by mistake?  I ate about half a bag of Doritos before I realized they changed the ingredients to add wheat flour - my stupid mistake - but now what?  I can't reach my doctors, I tried unsuccessfully to throw the food up when I first realized.  It was about an hour ago and the only symptoms I have (other than panic) is a burning feeling in my stomach.  what should i do?  are there things that can help, or make the damage less?????

[FONT=Geneva]If you have some good (plant based), broad spectrum digestive enzymes, these will help the offending food break down faster and therefore move through your system quicker. I don't think you could take too many...so take 5 or 6 for the emergency. Ongoing, they'll help you digest and assimilate all foods. Another good idea, ongoing, are probiotics. Either a broad spectrum all in one type or Acidophilus and Bifidus seperately. Both are important as they function in a synergistic way. [/FONT]

B) pamela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: