8 replies to this topic

#1 mrsroo

mrsroo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

The following list of restaurants that offer gluten-free menu items (or will accommodate gluten-free requests) in the Hampton Roads, VA area (including Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach) has been compiled by Chesapeake Tidewater Celiacs (a chapter of the Celiac Disease Foundation).

Chesapeake

Norfolk

Virginia Beach

Outer Banks, NC

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lizard00

lizard00

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for posting that!!! I'm from that area, and still have family there, so we visit pretty regularly. Nice to have a list of places for reference :)
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#3 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

Thank you for posting too! Many are my frequent stops.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 phightin phils

phightin phils

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

My wife and I highly recommend Burton's in VA beach. Great gluten-free menu, delicious food, including hand cut fresh French fries!

#5 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

Is there a place in VA Beach to buy Udi's bread? I will be there for a week and really don't want to have to lug it up there. Thanks.

#6 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

Is there a place in VA Beach to buy Udi's bread? I will be there for a week and really don't want to have to lug it up there. Thanks.

This post is old, but I live in Virginia Beach and I have yet to find Udi's anywhere here. The only pre-made breads I have seen are EnerG and Food For Life. The FFL is at Trader Joes. EnerG breads are at Farm Fresh and a local allergy free shop called Navan Foods. You can see what else Navan foods has available from their website here: https://www.navanfoods.com/ You can look up what is available at Farm Fresh stores by looking at their Internet Express shopping feature (type in gluten free after you choose a store). http://shop.farmfres...p/weeklyads.asp

Every Farm Fresh has an aisle for gluten free foods (it will say gluten free in the list of things in that aisle), but every store has a different variety of foods. Some have more selection than others. Not all FF stores have the online shopping feature so you don't know what they will have until you go there. The prices you see online will be the same as in the store and you don't have to buy anything online to use the online shopping feature.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#7 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

The following list of restaurants that offer gluten-free menu items (or will accommodate gluten-free requests) in the Hampton Roads, VA area (including Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach) has been compiled by Chesapeake Tidewater Celiacs (a chapter of the Celiac Disease Foundation).

Chesapeake

Norfolk

Virginia Beach

Outer Banks, NC

Adding to this list since I live in the area:
Longhorn Steak House
Olive Garden
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Chipolte
The Melting Pot
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Silver Diner
Lone Star Steak House

I have had the best meals at Uno's (not once have I gotten glutened and the food tasted good).
I have had good experiences at multiple locations of Red Robin (food is good and no adverse reactions).
I have had good experiences at Olive Garden as far as not getting glutened, however the food is pretty bland.
I had one good experience and one bad experience at Cheeseburger in Paradise. If you go there, go during a slow time.

Have not tried other places yet.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#8 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Timely for this to come back up. We head to Va. Beach Sunday.

richard

#9 Fredknows

Fredknows

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

Timely for this to come back up. We head to Va. Beach Sunday.

richard

KO Catch31
There attitude on our gluten-free needs was negative energy,
We had to get up and leave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: