16 replies to this topic

#16 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

As I read these responses I am crying, not because I am sad, because I see genuine concern, respect and understanding.
Understanding that can only come from being in the same place at one time or another.
I love this forum and am grateful , so extremely grateful to have found it .
Thank you

Ditto on the tear-filled eyes!!...and very grateful for the messages, the support and the HOPE you all provide. I have felt so alone dealing with all of this until now. I fought hard to get well, but I needed compassionate support from those who also deal with this disease. My family --as much as they try--just does not "get it"--but YOU all do.

I , too, start each day in gratitude for what I HAVE-- not what I have lost.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

I appreciate the responses but im getting a little tired of everyone telling me i need counseling...thats not why i come here. I come here to share stories and experiences and to vent. Its a cliche response that i can get from pretty much anyone I talk to. Telling me i need counseling is counterproductive and is not going to make me do it any sooner..trust me. So again I appreciate your concerns for me but please STOP telling me i need counseling

ok, try yoga instead. the philosophy aspect can help you shift thinking patterns as well.

and really calling something cliche just because you hear it repeatedly is silly - especially if you're just doing that to overlook the validity of it.

at this point, you "share stories" so often that it's like a dependence, and our responses, especially the "support" of "it's totally normal to feel that way" are getting to the realm of rewarding you for not dealing with your feelings in a positive way. we're enabling you, in a sense, to stay unhealthy (mentally).

so, since you don't want encouragement to make positive changes, I will say farwell to you on the forum in posts of this respect, since anything else at this point is just going to keep you unwell, and I won't contribute to enabling you to do this to yourself.

since I won't be reading any longer, I really do wish you well, and hope that you find your way out of this pit one (healthy) way or another.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: