This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Well Rounded Vitamin/mineral Supplement That Is Gluten-Free?

MsCurious

GFinDC Veteran

I like Solgar vitamins myself. I mostly get individual vitamins or 1 / 2 combos, like D and calcium. I have some Pioneer brand multi Vits but am not taking those much. Read the thread linked below to see why. They have a lot of Vitamin A in them and that may not be a good thing for celiacs.

Blocking Interleukin-15 May Treat Celiac Disease Symptoms

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MsCurious Enthusiast

I like Solgar vitamins myself. I mostly get individual vitamins or 1 / 2 combos, like D and calcium. I have some Pioneer brand multi Vits but am not taking those much. Read the thread linked below to see why. They have a lot of Vitamin A in them and that may not be a good thing for celiacs.

Blocking Interleukin-15 May Treat Celiac Disease Symptoms

Good info... thanks for the post. I'll have to check the Members Mark, but I don't think the Vitamin A was high in those. :)

CeliacAndCfsCrusader Apprentice

Kirkland brand by Costco!

Absolutely the cheapest, highest quality you can buy for a "regular" line of vitamins. Unless you want to spend 3-5x more for basically the same ingredients.

They have different varieties and are Gluten free.

Minnie777 Newbie

I use Garden of Life Vitamin Code liquid.

I'm recently diagnosed and still have absorption issues and a liquid multi is easier for me.

It tastes rather nasty by itself, but I mix it with my other liquid supplements and a bit of juice and that makes it ok.

I also tested positive to casein, eggs, soy, yeast and had to change most of my supplements

From their website:

"Vitamin Code

WinterSong Community Regular

I get my vitamins from Puritan's Pride. They're very good about labeling when their products are gluten-free whether directly on the bottle or online. And they have a really great deal where you buy 2, get one free.

• 2 weeks later...
MsCurious Enthusiast

Actually that's a typical CYA statement and true for many products we use all the time. So I'll continue to take my Centrum Silver. I know we take chances buying a lot of things and this is just one of them...we each have to make that decision every day.

Hey Sylvia, I just had a thought. I read your post about your antibodies being higher than you had hoped. Maybe the Centrum taken daily is your culprit!? :blink::o

sa1937 Community Regular

Hey Sylvia, I just had a thought. I read your post about your antibodies being higher than you had hoped. Maybe the Centrum taken daily is your culprit!? :blink::o

I have no clue. I don't know what's normal for antibody levels for someone my age who's been gluten-free for 9 months. Actually one year today!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 9 months later...
intellidepth Newbie

I'm super sensitive to gluten. Tried Centrum Advance New Formula yesterday after pharmacist looked up msds sheet and said they should be fine, had worst case of glutening since going gluten free four months ago. They don't specify where their starches are derived from. This is in Australia.

Have tried the Swisse multi labelled "gluten free" a month ago and had a milder case of glutening, nowhere near as bad as Centrum though. Nevertheless not worth taking them for me.

Just ordered the GNC Women's to give them a go... Spending a lot on multi's so I'm hoping this one is ok :) of course I could be reacting to something else. Definitely need magnesium as I get muscle cramping/spasms fairly frequently now. I just wonder what else I might be low in, so keep searching for a multi rather than individual vitamins at the moment.

Tigercat17 Enthusiast

Here are some of the vitamins I take. And my nails are looking fabulous! :)

GNC Ultra Women's Active Multi vitamin

Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins - Vitamin C 250 (Target has this brand or you could buy them on-line)

Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins - Calcium 500 with vitamin D 1,000

I just wanted to add that after taking the GNC Womens vitamins for a month I got really sick. So sick that my doctor's thought I had lymphoma and I had to had a lymph node removed for a biopsy. I had to completely stop all of them and start from scratch. The GNC vitamins were the newest vitamins I started to take, but I really suspect it was the Vitafusion vitamins, but I'm not 100% sure. I was taking them for months and then all the sudden they changed the label, but I called and they told me there weren't any changes in the product, so I really trusted this company. As soon as I figured out it was the vitamins, I stopped them and started to get better.

Please be careful with any vitamin even if it says it's gluten free. I had to learn the hard way.

I recently started Kirkman Labs multi vitamin just 8 days ago. Even though I eat healthy I'm still low on some of my vitamins. So far I haven't had any reactions to them and I'm super sensitive. Plus I do keep a food diary.

domesticactivist Collaborator

We like concentrace mineral drops

JenS Newbie

I, probably like most of you, feel a huge difference when I don't take a daily multivitamin. I feel draggy, run down, no energy, etc. Its REALLY apparent if I forget to take it (which probably is because all my levels are low, but Dr didn't feel the need to run those tests other than Vitamin D)... Anyway, long story short... Centrum is a no go for gluten-free. So, I'm trying to find an equivalent supplement in gluten-free form. Anyone have suggestions for me? THANKS so much in advance!

I've been using Pioneer brand multi vitamins for myself & my son. They are reasonably priced at iHerb online. Pioneer actually has a celiac cleanse formula now too. I bought it, but havent been brave enough to try it yet.

Archived