arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Well Rounded Vitamin/mineral Supplement That Is Gluten-Free?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 MsCurious

MsCurious

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

Actually that's a typical CYA statement and true for many products we use all the time. So I'll continue to take my Centrum Silver. I know we take chances buying a lot of things and this is just one of them...we each have to make that decision every day.

Hey Sylvia, I just had a thought. I read your post about your antibodies being higher than you had hoped. Maybe the Centrum taken daily is your culprit!? :blink: :o
~ MsCurious ~
"If you keep doing what you're doing... You'll keep getting what you're getting!"

tTg IgA IgG borderline 1/25/11 Posted Image
HLA DQ2.5 Positive 2/11/11
Biopsy 4/11/11
100% Lactose/Dairy Free 4/11/11
Gluten Free 4/14/11
Life is SO MUCH better gluten-free!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Hey Sylvia, I just had a thought. I read your post about your antibodies being higher than you had hoped. Maybe the Centrum taken daily is your culprit!? :blink: :o

I have no clue. I don't know what's normal for antibody levels for someone my age who's been gluten-free for 9 months. Actually one year today!!!
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#33 intellidepth

intellidepth

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

I'm super sensitive to gluten. Tried Centrum Advance New Formula yesterday after pharmacist looked up msds sheet and said they should be fine, had worst case of glutening since going gluten free four months ago. They don't specify where their starches are derived from. This is in Australia.

Have tried the Swisse multi labelled "gluten free" a month ago and had a milder case of glutening, nowhere near as bad as Centrum though. Nevertheless not worth taking them for me.

Just ordered the GNC Women's to give them a go... Spending a lot on multi's so I'm hoping this one is ok :) of course I could be reacting to something else. Definitely need magnesium as I get muscle cramping/spasms fairly frequently now. I just wonder what else I might be low in, so keep searching for a multi rather than individual vitamins at the moment.

#34 Tigercat17

Tigercat17

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Here are some of the vitamins I take. And my nails are looking fabulous! :)

GNC Ultra Women's Active Multi vitamin
Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins - Vitamin C 250 (Target has this brand or you could buy them on-line)
Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins - Calcium 500 with vitamin D 1,000

I just wanted to add that after taking the GNC Womens vitamins for a month I got really sick. So sick that my doctor's thought I had lymphoma and I had to had a lymph node removed for a biopsy. I had to completely stop all of them and start from scratch. The GNC vitamins were the newest vitamins I started to take, but I really suspect it was the Vitafusion vitamins, but I'm not 100% sure. I was taking them for months and then all the sudden they changed the label, but I called and they told me there weren't any changes in the product, so I really trusted this company. As soon as I figured out it was the vitamins, I stopped them and started to get better.

Please be careful with any vitamin even if it says it's gluten free. I had to learn the hard way.

I recently started Kirkman Labs multi vitamin just 8 days ago. Even though I eat healthy I'm still low on some of my vitamins. So far I haven't had any reactions to them and I'm super sensitive. Plus I do keep a food diary.
Lisa

Infertility since 1995/Endometriosis
Hasimoto Thyroid disease 1998
Enlarged Abdominal Lymph nodes since 2003 - Stable
Thyroid Hurtle Cell Cancer 2008 Stage 1- Total Thyriodectomy 2008
Anxiety/Depression/Insomnia/Fatigue - Gone with gluten free diet
Acid reflux -LPR 7-2009 - Gone with a Strict gluten free diet
Celiac disease - positive upper endoscopy & Blood Test 9-2009
Undiagnosed celiac for 20 years - Gluten free since 9-13-09

#35 domesticactivist

domesticactivist

Kitchen Liberator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

We like concentrace mineral drops
Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.
Gluten-Free since November 2010
GAPS Diet since January/February 2011
me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011
partner - not tested for celiac
ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.
dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome
both kids have now-resolved attention issues.

#36 JenS

JenS

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

I, probably like most of you, feel a huge difference when I don't take a daily multivitamin. I feel draggy, run down, no energy, etc. Its REALLY apparent if I forget to take it (which probably is because all my levels are low, but Dr didn't feel the need to run those tests other than Vitamin D)... Anyway, long story short... Centrum is a no go for gluten-free. So, I'm trying to find an equivalent supplement in gluten-free form. Anyone have suggestions for me? THANKS so much in advance!

I've been using Pioneer brand multi vitamins for myself & my son. They are reasonably priced at iHerb online. Pioneer actually has a celiac cleanse formula now too. I bought it, but havent been brave enough to try it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: