16 replies to this topic

#16 anabananakins

anabananakins

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'd have conversations with my colleague, turn to my computer to start working on whatever we'd discussed (literally seconds late), and then have to ask her what we were talking about. Happily, 2 + years gluten free and I am now *much* better at remembering.

Hi
A bit late coming to this, I know, but with gluten I used to have balance issues. Only a little but enough to be a nuisance and make me self conscious - comparable to getting up after a large glass of wine! Also slightly clumsy, knocking myself on things. I also do one morning a week requiring mental arithmatic and with gluten the numbers are in a thick soup in my brain. Happy to say without gluten my balance is fine and my brain agile.
I have taken this as a warning of what could happen in the future without being gluten free - gluten directly affects my brain!

Me too. I used to crash into everything, I couldn't handle walking in crowds because I had so much trouble not walking into people who were walking towards me. It was really scary reading about gluten ataxia and how bad some people had it and it was what made me so dedicated to going strictly gluten free even without a diagnosis. It took about 6 months to resolve. Scary how it can affect the brain.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 megsybeth

megsybeth

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

My motor issues have improved a lot in just a few weeks. The other day I was wearing shorts and I asked my husband if he noticed anything different. He looked down and immediately said, "There aren't any bruises on your legs"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: