Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaimek

San-j Tamari Sauce

Some people have mentioned San-J Tamari sauce as a substitue for soy sauce. I love soy sauce but am not a big fan of La Choy (which is the only kind that is gluten free). If anyone knows, can you please inform me where I can buy this sauce? Thanks! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Whole Foods has it, and I've seen it online (at various gluten-free sites). It tastes almost exactly like regular soy sauce (unlike LaChoy, which I also dislike). Be sure to get the correct one, as San J make gluten containing soy sauce as well.

As a self-described food snob, I agree LaChoy soy sauce is ... well, hardly soy sauce at all.

I get San-J Tamari at Wild Oats, but I've seen it at Ralph's (Kroger) as well.

Some people have mentioned San-J Tamari sauce as a substitue for soy sauce. I love soy sauce but am not a big fan of La Choy (which is the only kind that is gluten free). If anyone knows, can you please inform me where I can buy this sauce? Thanks! :D

Hi,

You can get San-J Tamari at any Whole Foods store. Most grocery stores carry it too, just look in the Asian Foods Section.

Hi,

You can get San-J Tamari at any Whole Foods store. Most grocery stores carry it too, just look in the Asian Foods Section.

It's also sold at Sprouts in case you happen to live in a part of the country that has them.

I bought some San J at Whole Foods. It was $8 :blink: My assistant is Vietnamese. She brought me a bottle of gluten free Tamari yesterday that she bought at the Asian market. It's a big bottle. It was $2 :D

I bought some San J at Whole Foods. It was $8 :blink: My assistant is Vietnamese. She brought me a bottle of gluten free Tamari yesterday that she bought at the Asian market. It's a big bottle. It was $2 :D

Seattle has a huge number of Asians and not far from my house is an Asian market the size of your average QFC/Ralph's/Krogers. They must have 400 different bottles of soy sauce, but no San J. So I get it at Safeway :rolleyes:

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I’m at kind of a loss here. My 6 year olds tTg IgA was >250 but his GI says his biopsy was negative. Has any had this happen? We made sure he was eating gluten up until the procedure. The Doctor says a gluten free diet may still be beneficial. ...
    Hi JesLin! How was your trip? did you do well with the gluten free issue? I'm thinking in a trip to Nepal and Tibet also and I'm a little worry about the Tibet part. Could you please give me some advices? Thanks! Lorena ...
    My daughter has Celiac disease and has been using a Nina sensor for the past two and a half years. I am a huge supporter of the sensor and feel like it has made a big difference in my daughter’s quality of life, and has certainly saved her f...