This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Paula,

That is so neat! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aprilh Apprentice

Paula, that is so cool! Such a nice gesture!

I hope you find something with the new test you ordered.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel ~ I think you posted something about chronic poisoning of heavy metals and Liver Dis-function. My liver is showing odd lab results, I find out more about what is going on tomorrow.

I probably posted something about impaired detoxification and issues with metals, toxins, infections, etc. I have severe problems with detoxification...but my liver tests are all normal. Its more of an intracellular metabolic thing....not something that typically shows up in the standard liver tests.

Of course its also possible to have abnormalities show up in liver tests that may be caused by heavy metals and toxicity.....however, these problems wouldnt be identified by the doctors as a reason for the abnormalities in the liver tests.

Issues with heavy metals, etc has to be determined with tests that are specific for that.....and by doctors who are familar with those things and who also have experience with the testing (understanding how to interpret them).

In my opinion toxicity is caused by many things. For example if mercury is causing impaired detoxification...you will then accumulate MANY toxins....its unavoidable in a world where we are exposed to thousands of chemicals. You start becoming sensitive to many things as toxicity in the body rises. The more impaired detoxification becomes....the more reactive we become to chemicals, molds, foods, etc.

I dont think exposure has to be chronic in order to cause damage......it would really depend on the person's genetic make-up. How much exposure to toxins can each person handle? Its impossible to answer because we are all different, have different genes, different vulnerabilities, different environmental exposures, different lifestyles, etc.

Many things that we are exposed to on a daily basis can cause or contribute to the detoxification problems....its not just the heavy metals (although they are a big part of it).

Could plastic contamination in bottled water be an issue I wonder???

Absolutely! Plastic is a major contaminant. Its better to drink water from a glass container (although they tend to be alot more expensive and more difficult to find).

Also, to avoid worse contamination from plastics dont heat food in plastic containers and dont leave plastic water bottles in the sun. I dont ever leave my water sitting in the car and then drink from it.....I have actually tasted the chemicals and reacted to them. I learned pretty quick to never do that again!

Even people I know who are not sick and who are not sensitive to chemicals can taste the plastic when they leave the water bottle in the car.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Paula,

Its nice that they did that for you....very touching. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, you'd have to ask GiGi, but I believe the Bioinic 880 takes care of that. She'd be better able to explain why .... and she has been talking with Dr. K about the machine, so she'd have his perspective, too.

There is a guy going while I'm there, but not with us, he gets there later, who has the no detox gene, so he might be a good gauge on how well you'd do, whereas, I'm totally different. He sees Kassandra's doctors, including one who does some kind of energetic or muscle testing.

I'm just looking more at the autistic population and what works for them. I guess my thinking is that all of these conditions (autism, lyme, heavy metal toxicity, molds, MCS, CFS, etc.) have similar "links". I believe that when they really understand how to treat autism....we will also have effective treatments for ALL of these conditions.

Its all related to toxicity and infection....regardless of the "label" or "diagnosis".

So far it looks like the most effective treatments for autism have involved nutritional supplementation to support the methylation cycle along with chelation, addressing infections, dietary changes, etc. Supplements and all of the rest are totally individual and specific for that patient's specific needs.

Right now I'm not seeing how the machine can provide each person specifically what they need in order to detox efficiently.....it would vary from person to person. I dont have a hard time believing it can get the immune system to do what it needs to do in order to get the Lyme in check (which may be enough for some people).....but at this point I'm not convinced that it can do *everything*.

I think having the treatment would probably make me lyme-free.....but still unable to eat anything....so I'd probably be exactly where I'm at right now.

Thats why I feel I'd have to see the machine actually working as a treatment for autism (or similar conditions where detoxification is significantly impaired) before I could really get excited about trying it for myself.

Its still early days though. I think there's still alot to learn about the treatments. I'm glad there are people out there (like you, Scott and G.) who are willing to test it out and give the rest of us more knowledge through your own experiences. :)

nora-n Rookie

Patients who have been to the Drs Hertoghe in Belgium, report that he forbids them to drink water from plastic bottles.

He and Therese also treat compliated cases, also toxic patients, but they are mostly treating patients with various hormone problems so we read more about them on thyroid and adrenal forums.

nora

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGosh Paula...what a nice thing they did for you!!!

Everyone,

I've been having mild night sweats! I think they are only NOT more than mild because I'm usually awake when it happens so I throw the blanket off before I get too overheated so I don't get drenched. Within a couple of minutes I'm freezing cold again! Harumphf, lol!

I did a little foot soak with epsom salts last night (my PT wants me to soak my foot in warm water, so I decided to throw in the epsom salts). Tonight I think I'll try one detox footpad on one foot.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice

The guy that spoke at the convention I went to (he has books on mercury in the environment - I just can't remember the names right now) said that that China is putting up new coal plants weekly and the "dirty" coal they are burning gets into the air. The air flows over towards California. CA has the worst mercury problem in the air because of this.

Then it rains and washes the mercury into the soil (which is better than in the air). Then the wildfires start......the mercury is then released back into the air with the smoke.

This air then travels east and rain brings it back down to the soil and on and on. So, CA has the worst and the east coast has the least. The middle of the country is in the middle.

He says we have to do something about China burning this kind of coal. He also agrees that there are issues with vaccines, genetic predisposition, and other sources....but that the amounts in the air is increasingly getting worse - in a bad way!

Sherry, I am thinking of you and how your issues seem to worsen when you go there....could it be the pollution/mercury that is burdening your system?

Did you guys ever read about that little girl who had 9 shots in one dr. visit and went autistic? I can't remember her name either, but her father was a nuerologist and he proved, in her case, that the vaccines caused some sort of brain injury. So, he won in court and has set a precidence about vaccines. The thing is...most of us don't have nuerologist in our families that have access to state of the art testing - probably free or reduced.

I need to post more of this stuff. Gotta get my notes out though so I can post the names of everyone... :D

confused Community Regular

I was really happy with what the school did. We are like one big happy family at the school. I think it pays to send kids to private school lol. I did have an reaction from the roast they made. Im thinking they used broth with soy in it. My tounge went all weird and this morning i woke up congested. But it was so worth the reaction.

Omg I am stressing about my stool test. I dont think I will ever be able to go to the bathroom to do it lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
Omg I am stressing about my stool test. I dont think I will ever be able to go to the bathroom to do it lol

:lol: You know, my problem has always been D, but it never fails that when I have to do a stool test, I get C in a big way, lol! :lol::rolleyes::lol:

:lol: You know, my problem has always been D, but it never fails that when I have to do a stool test, I get C in a big way, lol! :lol::rolleyes::lol:

Well I have "C" all the time but usually when im stressed, i can go 3-5 times a day lol. Just not yesterday or today is the stress working lol.

Does anyone know why I have to spit in a vial, what are they checking in my spit. I also have to put this cotton thing in my mouth. But i cant do all of that til my 2 stool test are done. I just hope once i can go, that i will be able to go again in 48 hours lol

paula

nora-n Rookie

Was just thinking about Germany, about cell phones and going abroad. My eldest daughter is often in Thailand and she buys a new simcard there, it is much cheaper, and it is much cheaper when we phone her. Just remember one has to take along both the PUK1 and PUK 2 code (at least with our european phones). Iphones have to be unlocked if we buy one in the U.S., by the way, so do not assume they work with a europan simcard.

A couple of days ago I went to our local holistic practitioner, she got a SCIO machine now. I did try one slightly a couple of years ago at the alternative health fair, and it did say some interesting things then. Now it was a bit amazing (if you search the web, it says it is a run by a random numbers generator..) as it said a number of things I knew, and a number of things I did not know. She treated me with a lot of those treatments. Afterwards ionic foot bath (lots of dark brown /black dirty specks) and she said it was mercury etc.

Yesterday during the day I could feel the treatments work, it was like a tingly coldish feeling in my head, spine, pancreas, duodenum, etc, all those places she treated. Immune system problems, pinched nerve in spine, lots with hormones and pituitary, inflammation of gyrus, whatever that means (I thought it was cool) and parasites or inflammation in liver or duodenum, allergies (pollen and animal hairs, maybe cat). It fells like I am retracing. today my spine is a bit more stiff, I think it is retracing an injury I had at 13 falling on my back.

I am rally curious if it will help, and how much. We'll see.

I have not seen anything about scio on the forums. Here we go mostly by word of mouth (someone who has gotten help tells people he/she knows) They are not allowed to advertise, or to publish success stories by patients, or they get heavy fines. Only manistream medicine is allowed to advertise or to mention a treatment helps for something-or another.

nora

dlp252 Apprentice

Hum, all the times I've had to spit in the vials it was either to check adrenal levels or neurotransmitter levels.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hey....today is the 10th. Does that mean that Carla is leaving tomorrow?? :blink:

Time just went by real quick.....but at the same time its taking FOREVER for my appt with the voodoo lady to get here! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where Carla's blog is gonna be...anyone know?

The guy that spoke at the convention I went to (he has books on mercury in the environment - I just can't remember the names right now) said that that China is putting up new coal plants weekly and the "dirty" coal they are burning gets into the air. The air flows over towards California. CA has the worst mercury problem in the air because of this.

Then it rains and washes the mercury into the soil (which is better than in the air). Then the wildfires start......the mercury is then released back into the air with the smoke.

This air then travels east and rain brings it back down to the soil and on and on. So, CA has the worst and the east coast has the least. The middle of the country is in the middle.

Yeah...this is all very true. Last summer when I was seeing the Dr. who did my LED treatments he was talking about how much environmental mercury we are dealing with right here in the Bay Area. We also get alot that is coming down from the old gold mines that are in the area. I think he said that there are 11 mines that are distributing mercury all through the bay area.

He said if we were looking at a map of the world and which areas have the biggest problems with environmental mercury.....there would be a huge red spot right over the Bay Area. Also, in recent years the cases of Autism in the Bay Area (Northern California) have increased rapidly....as well as cases of Lyme Disease.

I think this might be why I have no problems finding these types of doctors in my area....LLMD's, DAN practitioners, voodoo ladies....we've got them all here. Lots of business for them in California! :rolleyes:

I do think the environmental mercury is playing a big role.

Also, with all of the big fires we had.....they also re-release plenty of mercury back into the air, water, land, etc.

But I still love California. :wub:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Did you guys ever read about that little girl who had 9 shots in one dr. visit and went autistic? I can't remember her name either, but her father was a nuerologist and he proved, in her case, that the vaccines caused some sort of brain injury. So, he won in court and has set a precidence about vaccines. The thing is...most of us don't have nuerologist in our families that have access to state of the art testing - probably free or reduced.

Was it Hannah Poling? I dont remember if her dad was a neurologist but they did end up with a court victory....in this case it was proven that the girls condition was caused by the vaccines.

Check this one out.....a new ruling

Open Original Shared Link

The Supreme Court of Georgia on Monday upheld a state appeals court ruling that could open the door to product liability claims against vaccine manufacturers by the parents of autistic children.

Justice George H. Carley wrote for a unanimous court that a Fulton County suit against manufacturers filed by the parents of an autistic child may to go to trial.

YAY! :)

I never thought of enviromental mercury from wildfires. We have so many wildfires in colorado the last few years, while i have been the sickest. Hmmm something to research more.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi all, short on time, didn't read it all .....

I know my phone won't work over there ..... I'll buy a phone there, that's what my daughter did. It was very reasonable.

I haven't set up my blog, ROFL. :ph34r: I'll for sure let you know. I plan on copying whatever I blog to my myspace .... so I think you all have that. I think I'll put it somewhere else, too, since I have so many family pics at myspace ....

nora-n Rookie

we can buy privately imported iphones here but they must be unlocked.

But I think it is best to use cheap phones while travelling anyway and not to take too much stuff along.

Here we usually use a lot of heating, we have about 23 degrees C inside, but this is scandinavia. In Spain and Italy, it is much colder inside in the winter, they ofted do not even heat up their houses in winter. I do not know about temperatures inside in Germany, but in Austria we did not heat up the house much in winter, just up to 15 degrees C but that was ages ago. My mother still does that. Tempered wine is 15 degrees, the temperature inside in Italy in wintertime....(at least before)

OT on frostbites and neanderthals from the failsafe yahoo group recently (they struggle with genetic amine and salicylate intolerance and inability to detox)

"Renee quoted some studies which examined how susceptible to frostbite

different skin types were, on the post which started this thread:(begin snippet from Renee's post)

The European red/blond haplotypes are only found in Europe and are

80,000 years old. I have posted this before but to remind people, the

only hominids in Europe at that time were Neanderthals. These genes are

probably in us via interbreeding with Neanderthals. And, those two

haplotypes are not found outside of the former territory of the

Neanderthal.

And interestingly this form of melanocortin gives frostbite protection,

something the Neanderthals would need but Africans would have no need

for:

"Recently, there has been some evidence that skin colors are linked to

differences in the ability to avoid injury from the cold. Army

researchers found that during the Korean War blacks were more

susceptible to frostbite than were whites. Even among Norwegian soldiers

in World War II, brunettes had a slightly higher incidence of frostbite

than did blonds." Boyce Rensberger, "Racial Odyssey," in Elvio Angeloni,

Editor, Annual Editions Physical Anthropology

94/95,(Sluicedock,Guilford, Conn.: The Dushkin Publishing Group, Inc.,

1994),p. 42(end snippet from Renee's post)Her initial post has a good deal more of interest, concerning

different body proportions and jaw differences.

According to the theory, since these were Neanderthal genes, these

genes wouldn't have been in the gene pool from which the Eskimo

derived their genes. It is an interesting question whether these

genes are correlated with food chemical intolerance, since it is

doubtful the Neanderthals had extensive access to plant foods and

would not have needed to be able to process them."

nora

How long is carla going to be gone, im so excited for her.

Donna,

I emailed the person in charge of my test to see why i have to spit lol.

paula

aprilh Apprentice
Was it Hannah Poling? I dont remember if her dad was a neurologist but they did end up with a court victory....in this case it was proven that the girls condition was caused by the vaccines.

Check this one out.....a new ruling

Open Original Shared Link

YAY! :)

Yep - Hannah! That's it!

I never thought of enviromental mercury from wildfires. We have so many wildfires in colorado the last few years, while i have been the sickest. Hmmm something to research more.

paula

Yes....he was saying how so many people are breathing in the smoke and how bad it is. Colorado being so close to CA would probably be high in mercury.

[quote name='aprilh' date='Oct 10 2008, 09:13 PM' post='47430

Yes....he was saying how so many people are breathing in the smoke and how bad it is. Colorado being so close to CA would probably be high in mercury.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi everyone! I'm leaving tomorrow! I sent out an email with the link to the blog to some of you .... but I think I missed most of you. If you didn't get it (I KNOW I didn't get it to everyone, it's late and I'm tired), please ask someone else on the thread for it. I don't like to use my LN screen name here because this thread comes up so easily in searches. ;)

I will have limited computer access, so that's why I say ask someone else on the thread. :)

mftnchn Explorer
Sherry, when I was little, my grandparents on both sides did a lot of traveling. They would buy me dolls from every country they went to. I ended up with a collection of over 100 dolls, mostly foreign. Anyway, one of my favorites is the one from Thailand. :) The dolls are small, wearing traditional attire of the various countries. Adam thought the collection was so cool that we have it on display. They are pretty neat.

I'll be thinking of you when I go to the night market this evening!

We arrived finally this morning after being in transit more than a day. I met with the chef this afternoon at the hotel and he was totally nice, and very aware of gluten issues, apparently is gluten sensitive himself. He went over all the things I could have or not have, asked questions, etc., and helped me start my goat milk yogurt. He had someone heat the milk to the right temperature for me, and got me a container. I am culturing in my room--I brought my little hand warmer with me. So far so good!

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
Sherry, I am thinking of you and how your issues seem to worsen when you go there....could it be the pollution/mercury that is burdening your system?

Yes I am sure it is a factor. However, it is far worse in the winter when coal is used to generate heat. Our city is much better though.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
A couple of days ago I went to our local holistic practitioner, she got a SCIO machine now. I did try one slightly a couple of years ago at the alternative health fair, and it did say some interesting things then. Now it was a bit amazing (if you search the web, it says it is a run by a random numbers generator..) as it said a number of things I knew, and a number of things I did not know. She treated me with a lot of those treatments. Afterwards ionic foot bath (lots of dark brown /black dirty specks) and she said it was mercury etc.

Yesterday during the day I could feel the treatments work, it was like a tingly coldish feeling in my head, spine, pancreas, duodenum, etc, all those places she treated. Immune system problems, pinched nerve in spine, lots with hormones and pituitary, inflammation of gyrus, whatever that means (I thought it was cool) and parasites or inflammation in liver or duodenum, allergies (pollen and animal hairs, maybe cat). It fells like I am retracing. today my spine is a bit more stiff, I think it is retracing an injury I had at 13 falling on my back.

I am rally curious if it will help, and how much. We'll see.

nora

Nora the SCIO sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes.

Archived