This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer

Paula, what a nice thing the school did for you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular

I didnt get the link from carla, so if someone that got it would like to send it over to me id appreciate it. If you dont have my addy, just pm. thank you very much.

Sherry,

Im glad you made it safe and that you are having such wonderful help over there.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi, getting ready to leave. :)

I sent the link to Paula. :)

Hi, getting ready to leave. :)

I sent the link to Paula. :)

Have a safe and fun trip and come back 100 percent lol. I got the link, thank you.

I am feeling great today. Which is great cause it is a very busy day. Hope everyone has a great day

paula

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

Update on the foot pad?

Sherry,

Hope you enjoy your trip. It sounds good about the food.

Carla,

Safe travels and I can't wait to read about your trip. I didn't get the link either but I can keep up over at myspace......and/or Paula can send me the link. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Can someone PM me the link to Carla's blog, please? :) I guess I can keep up on myspace too, lol.

Update on the foot pad?

I completely forgot! :ph34r: Completely! I haven't been sleeping well again, but dozed off on the couch and when I woke up I just got up and went to bed...forgetting completely about the stupid pad. I'm going to definitely TRY to remember tonight, lol. :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor
Can someone PM me the link to Carla's blog, please? :) I guess I can keep up on myspace too, lol.

It'll be on it's way in a minute. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Andrea and donna,

Did someoen give u the link, if not ill pm it to you.

paula

AndreaB Contributor

Paula,

Carla sent it to me and I fowarded it to Donna.

truthsearcher Rookie

Hi Andrea. Could you please email me Carla's blog link?

Thanks

Nanjkay Apprentice
Hi everyone! I'm leaving tomorrow! I sent out an email with the link to the blog to some of you .... but I think I missed most of you. If you didn't get it (I KNOW I didn't get it to everyone, it's late and I'm tired), please ask someone else on the thread for it. I don't like to use my LN screen name here because this thread comes up so easily in searches. ;)

I will have limited computer access, so that's why I say ask someone else on the thread. :)

Hi All -

I haven't been on line much as it was making me nauseated and sick to my stomach. I just started catching up and reading and Carla is going to Germany....WOW.

I am seeing the LLMD Carla recommended and I am starting to feel a little better. I have been there twice and spoken to them once on the phone. They are very responsive and thorough. I feel like I am in good hands now. It only took 2o years!! As I treat the Lyme and Babesia I am trying to slowly treat the methylation on my own with the Yasko limited protocol, but I only take the supplements every third day and I cut the supplements into quarters.

I hope to start reading you all lovely ladies every day again soon. :P

Nancy

aprilh Apprentice
Have a safe and fun trip and come back 100 percent lol. I got the link, thank you.

I am feeling great today. Which is great cause it is a very busy day. Hope everyone has a great day

paula

Paula,

Glad you are feeling good.

Can you send me the link for Carla's Blog?

Thanks!

AndreaB Contributor

Nancy,

Thanks for stopping in with an update. So glad you are starting to feel better and seeing Carla's dr.

Truthsearcher and April,

Pm's sent with Carla's blog address.

mftnchn Explorer
I am seeing the LLMD Carla recommended and I am starting to feel a little better.

Great to hear this news, Nancy. Glad you could pop in.

Sherry

aprilh Apprentice

Andrea,

Thanks for sending me the link :)

mftnchn Explorer

Quiet here today!

I'm slowly improving after my recent relapse but it's very up and down. I'm enjoying my trip though. Can't wait for news of Carla's treatments.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Everyone,

I have been having computer issues, so being able to catch up was impossible. I am afraid I will just have to jump in, if that is alright. There is something making my computer go crazy. Dad has not had time to look more closely at it, since he had to prepare for the new dryer. Our old one died. :(

On the bright side, it will likely save money on the electric bill. This one will run on gas, which is not as expensive. We also will not have to run it several times to dry the clothes or towels as we have more recently with the old one. :D Dad still needs to hook it up, which hopefully he will do after work tomorrow. He needs another pipe fitting, since this machine needs a smaller one than our last dryer needed.

Although I do not have any new developments with my health, I have made a decision to purify my diet some. Basically, I am going to reduce my caffeine and sugar intake, replace what sugar I do eat with natural ones like honey or pure maple syrup, and start doing The Zone again. Low blood sugar usually turns into Diabetes later. I do not want to end up like Dad! My diet is already limited enough!

Meanwhile, I am still trying to incorporate those new supplements from Dr. D into my life. The next appointment is November 7th. I made a supplement introduction schedule. This will make it much easier! I also know the first thing I am going to do when I get my Christmas money is get my own account and get my Lyme testing done! :) I also intend to get my license after renewing my permit first.

Due to the Christmas season coming upon us, this provides opportunity. I am going to do a gift wrapping service to earn money this year. We have families with children in our neighborhood, and they likely would not mind spending some money to have their gifts wrapped. There are some other business ideas I want to pursue, which involve artwork. Hopefully, they will work out.

Now, I am going to reply to what I have read on this page only. This is due to limited space, as well as my being unable to catch up on reading due to this goofy computer. I hate that I missed Birdy's 18th birthday! :( Being born on the Autumn Equinox is special! :) So, if you are reading Birdy, Happy Late Birthday!

I sure have missed all of you! :wub:

You will all be glad to hear Boomer is doing well. His little tail and face are becoming so full! They grow so fast! His full name is now Boomer Houdini Andretti. :lol: Boomer is for his stomping, Houdini is because he escaped from his cage a few times, and the newest addition of Andretti is from his more recent habit of running around rapidly in circles. I could swear he is attempting to try out for Nascar! Mom nicknamed him Boomerang, since he flips back around so much.

This avatar is a more recent photo. I still think my hair looked better black. How do you make people understand that their concept of what you are supposed to look like is not what your self-concept is?

Why can people not accept a person for who they are, instead of trying to make them into this other person they want them to be? Plus, I think I am allergic to the conditioning spray they gave me at the salon, because my scalp is really broken out.

I have not been since late April, but have a feeling this has something to do with it. It is gluten-free, but maybe there is something else I am reacting to? :huh: Or, perhaps L'Oreal changed the conditioner ingredients?

Sulfates could be an issue if I have Lyme anyway. There are a lot of possibilities here. One thing is for sure, I know the dye I used before may have made my hair come out even more.

My Thyroid is part of this. However, the dye I was using before has sulfates up the wahzoo in it! I have looked at other dyes, but so far, they have gluten. :angry: As April would say, I am just bumfuzzled at the moment. :lol: I cannot afford the henna dyes, because you need to use them more often.

Dear Carla,

Wow! You are going to Germany! :o That will be an amazing trip. My best friend got to go as a graduation present in 2002. Are you going to get the Bionic 880 treatment? Or, is it something different?

Dear April,

I am glad to see you still posting! How are the children? I know you were extremely irritated about the pediatrician refusing to prescribe antibiotics as a precaution for Lyme. Doctors can really annoy you with their arrogance. Sometimes they make absolutely no sense with what they do.

Dear Paula,

It is so good to hear you are feeling better! :) Arsenic is so horrific when it poisons the body. Are you seeing a toxicologist? A classmate of mine was treated by one for Candida and toxic mold exposure. She lost a kidney due to her workplace having Aspergillus and Penicillium. :(

Dear Laurie,

I am so glad you are on here again! How are you doing with your Lyme treatment? The last time I read one of your posts, you were quite frustrated. Who would not be? What are you up to lately?

Dear Sherry,

Oh no! That is awful about your relapse. What happened? Thank goodness you are beginning to recover. Setbacks can really drive you crazy. Just when you are showing improvement, something comes along and knocks you back a step or two. Hang in there!

Dear Andrea,

Could you send me a link to Carla's blog as well? I would appreciate it. ;) How are T, M, and S? Is S speaking yet? I am sorry you could not afford to get ART and your dental work done. We all understand what it is like to deal with limited finances.

Dear Nancy,

I sympathize completely with you on the nausea. There are days where it is so bad, walking makes me want to wretch! It is absolute misery. Those are what I call the "Just freakin' shoot me" days. :lol: Promethazine is the only thing that helps when I get glutened, or when my hormones are interfering. Read along when you are able!

Sincerely,

Jin

AndreaB Contributor
Meanwhile, I am still trying to incorporate those new supplements from Dr. D into my life. The next appointment is November 7th. I made a supplement introduction schedule. This will make it much easier! I also know the first thing I am going to do when I get my Christmas money is get my own account and get my Lyme testing done! :) I also intend to get my license after renewing my permit first.

Due to the Christmas season coming upon us, this provides opportunity. I am going to do a gift wrapping service to earn money this year. We have families with children in our neighborhood, and they likely would not mind spending some money to have their gifts wrapped. There are some other business ideas I want to pursue, which involve artwork. Hopefully, they will work out.

Good to hear from you Jin. :)

Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

I'll send the link in just a minute. :)

aprilh Apprentice
Dear April,

I am glad to see you still posting! How are the children? I know you were extremely irritated about the pediatrician refusing to prescribe antibiotics as a precaution for Lyme. Doctors can really annoy you with their arrogance. Sometimes they make absolutely no sense with what they do.

Hi Jin,

Glad to "see" you....The children are doing good. I am about to start little A on the SCD diet and see how he does. His bahavior has been totally whacked out lately :huh: and I think its due to bad digestion. I am anxiously waiting for his stool test results. I let him eat a little out of the norm - more dairy and wheat - for his stool test.

Little E (my daughter) is doing quite well! I was very ill at my doc for not prescribing her abx for lyme "prevention" and the tick came back positive for Ehrlichia and he still wouldn't prescribe abx. But yet he gave my son over doses and gobs of them for constant ear infections which brought on more ear infections and so on and so forth.

So, I am letting it go for the moment! She is not showing any signs or symptoms - which is good - so I am focusing on keeping her immune system strong. And if she does ever have anything wierd...I'll have the tick test results and straight to a LLMD she'll go.

I like the ideas you have to make some extra money! Be sure to put it in your "wellness" account so you can take care of yourself!

aprilh Apprentice

Rachel,

Wondering if baking soda has aluminum in it? I have been thinking about this because I use it a lot in cleaning, washing and detox baths and I know you use it as deoderant.

While I was trying out a new recipe which calls for baking soda ....I noticed that the brand I have in the pantry for cooking says "aluminum free" baking soda. For other uses I just buy the big bad from Costco of the regular stuff.

Has anyone researched this?

April

Rachel--24 Collaborator

April,

I just use plain Arm and Hammer baking soda.....it should be just sodium bicarbonate.

I've never heard of plain baking soda having aluminum it it....but alot of brands of baking powder do have aluminum....so for paking powder I would look for the stuff that specifically states "aluminum free".

aprilh Apprentice
April,

I just use plain Arm and Hammer baking soda.....it should be just sodium bicarbonate.

I've never heard of plain baking soda having aluminum it it....but alot of brands of baking powder do have aluminum....so for paking powder I would look for the stuff that specifically states "aluminum free".

Duh on me!!! Here I am thinking its the same thing.....hmmm....wonder if I put the right one in my bread this morning :blink::blink:

Ughh i hate holidays. Here i got up early today to finsih my test, My hubby went to go mail it, and of ocurse we cant meail it cause its columbus day. Now i have to mail it out tommorow. I am not an happy person today lol.

This is a gross question, but wanted to ask. When anyone else did the 48 hour stool test. Did oyu ever look at the first vial after the 48 hours. I looked at mine and it had lots of white parts and i seen blood(or at least an red liquid) lol. I also seen lots of other funky looking things. Im guessing this is good, cause i might get answers but its freaking me out to lol

paula

Duh on me!!! Here I am thinking its the same thing.....hmmm....wonder if I put the right one in my bread this morning :blink::blink:

omg april, that made me spit my water on the screen lol.

paula

Dear Paula,

It is so good to hear you are feeling better! :) Arsenic is so horrific when it poisons the body. Are you seeing a toxicologist? A classmate of mine was treated by one for Candida and toxic mold exposure. She lost a kidney due to her workplace having Aspergillus and Penicillium. :(

I only felt better for a few hours that day. I have been having lots of really really bad days. Omg she lots an kidney, now im going to really freak out when i see mold lol.

Im glad u popped in. I seen u post in the weightloss group a couple of weeks ago.

paula

Archived