This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

covsooze Enthusiast

Hi all :)

It's interesting about the foot pads. I used them earlier this year. I didn't use a full course, because I felt they were working too well! I used them at night and my sleep was really disturbed, so I thought they must be pulling something out of me. Who knows...they did look disgusting :o and, yes, they did get a little cleaner each successive night.

Hi Jin <<big waves>>

Susie x

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Susie,

Big waves to you, too! I have missed you! This is just as I suspected. Those detox footpads must work, because people have had so many experiences with them. People with metals really need all the help they can get.

I would not be surprised about mercury or lead. Mom said she used to suck on her pencils as a child and her teeth turned purple! OMG! I had vaccines as well as eating a lot of tuna and salmon. Mercury also could have been absorbed while I was in the womb, since Mom has several silver fillings. Aluminum is something I cooked with a lot, but also drinking out of soda cans, chewing gums, and eating candy wrapped in it probably did me no favors. Deoderant is another risk factor, on top of some baking powders. Lead is in scented candle wicks as well.

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. I see you Judy!

AndreaB Contributor

Hi Susie! It's always nice to see you pop in too. :)

Paula,

Sorry you felt so awful yesterday. Happy late birthday.

Jin,

It's been quieter here overall.....some days can still be busier though.

covsooze Enthusiast

Hi Andrea, good to see you too :)

I'm 28 weeks pregnant as of today (yay!!) and feeling totally exhausted. I think I need to speak to Dr P about the whole adrenal fatigue thing again...and work out how I can actually absorb some iron, which I seem poor at doing and which mustn't be helping.

Did I tell you guys that I'm having a girl? :D

Sx

AndreaB Contributor

I don't think you mentioned the gender last time. Congrats! I'm so excited for you!

Are you working too still? That could be adding to the tiredness as well as the normal stuff from the pregnancy itself.

covsooze Enthusiast

I finished work last Friday. I think I'd been feeling tired for sometime, but clearly the adrenaline of working and of the prospect of finishing work was keeping me going. I've rested more this week, but have been doing some stuff for DH's business. Some pretty stressful stuff was going on with the business last week, which is almost resolved now, but I'm sure that wouldn't have helped.

I've found a great place online that will do gluten free black pudding, which seems to be the only way my body will absorb the iron it needs lol! Only problem is, it contains onion, garlic & black pepper, all of which irritate my stomach. But I just got an email from the farmer who makes them to say he'll do a special batch for me and we can work out a recipe together. How great is that!

Sx

AndreaB Contributor

That's great Susie!

Keep us updated as you can. I look forward to hearing more about your little girl and seeing a picture in the avatar. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShadowSwallow Newbie

It turns out I didn't get the mercury LED yesterday afterall. My last LED didn't clear, and I also had to re-do the Sulfa LED. At this point it looks like I don't detox sulfas well, so I'm going to have to do this LED monthly... and I might just skip the other ones and just do chelation on them.

It's rather frustrating, because if I don't detox then I can't do those allergy shots, and I can't move forward. :(:angry:

Birdy

mftnchn Explorer

Sx

Susie, that's wonderful! So glad you have made it safely so far and now have some time to rest and prepare.

Hi Jin and all!

I'm doing well in Thailand, the chef has been wonderful and I've had a lovely variety of meals. One yesterday upset me, I think there was some nut flour in the fruit...but mostly all has been great.

Sherry

confused Community Regular

My thoughts on the detox pads. As you all know i got really sick on them and so did my mom. I do think they pull things out of you, but im not sure it is toxins. the only way i would think they were just toxins being pulled out, isif all my toxins are in my female organs. That is were i had the worse pain from.

I personally do believe they are a scam. Yes i do think if we sweat at night, we do pull some toxins out. But i really beleive we would do that with or without the pads. I think we also lose weight on them cuase they are pulling out all of our water out of our bocy. They caused both my mom and I to be severly dehydrated.

I personally will never ever do them again. Of course i can also theorize that maybe it was from the sulfites, im still trying to figure out if i have an problem with them. I just cant see my mom having the exact same issues as me, but so much healthier then me.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I am not surprised about the average person sweating out a pint per day. In fact, I sweat a lot. My hands, under my arms, and feet are often dripping even when I am not hot!

Last night I think I must have sweated out a gallon! :blink:

I dont know what I was thinking but I decided that I would try refried beans....in a can. :o

I only ate 1/4 of it but I knew pretty quickly that it was a mistake. I guess I kind of forgot that stuff in a can cant last for years without having something "helping" it. It seemed like a reaction to sulfites which for me includes, headache, swelling, burping, cramping, nightsweats, rapid heart beat....and sometimes nausea. It was a pretty fun night. :rolleyes:

I must have woke up every half hour because I was freeeeeezing. Sleeping in soaked clothing kind of has that effect....but I was too tired to ever actually get up and change. Surprisingly, I was pretty much over the reaction when I woke up. I felt ok today. I must have sweated most of it out....and I'm sure the magnesium sulfate cream helped alot too.

I notice that if I have a reaction like this and forget to use the cream....it takes alot longer to recover and I'd be more likely to call in sick.

I dont sweat during the day except for under my arms....and that can happen just from getting exposed to too much perfume...or just from eating....anything that introduces toxins might cause my underarms to sweat.

I will catch up later. I never left my bed yesterday, what a way to spend your birthday lol. Hubby and I decided to party it up on the 13th, so needless to say I was so sick all day yesterday. We are doing an make up birthday for me this weekend with no alcohol lmao

paula

Paula,

Sorry you were sick for your birthday. :(

Hope you feel better soon so that you can enjoy your alcohol-free birthday celebration this weekend. :)

It's interesting about the foot pads. I used them earlier this year. I didn't use a full course, because I felt they were working too well! I used them at night and my sleep was really disturbed, so I thought they must be pulling something out of me. Who knows...they did look disgusting :o and, yes, they did get a little cleaner each successive night.

Hi Susie,

I have no experience with the foot pads yet but so far any type of treatment that promotes detoxification hasnt gone over very well for me. Coffee enemas, saunas, castor oil packs and those types of things have mostly made me feel worse....so I'm betting that the foot pads would also make me feel bad. I'm holding off on them until my liver pathway is functioning better.

Congrats Susie!!! I'm excited for you...and like Andrea said....when she gets here you'll have to put her in your avatar! Cant wait to see her. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Birdy,

Sorry about having to repeat the LED's. :( Hope you can get to the bottom of the detox.

Sherry,

Glad you are having a good trip. That's pretty good if only one meal has bothered you. Hope you aren't down long.

Rachel,

Oops. Good to hear the cream helps minimize the reaction time though.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ok....I know theres at least one or two of you who knows some German. Remember the discussion about the language.....I think Carla said that it was pretty easy to learn??

Well this does NOT look easy to me. :blink:

"Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung" Is this supposed to be ONE word?? :unsure:

I know what it means....but can someone break it down so that I can say it?? You know like "Celiac = Silly-ak"

Is it possible to make it so that I can pronounce this word like I actually speak German and know what I'm talking about. :lol:

HELP!!

Oh...and if anyone can do it....can you also break down this word for me too??

Kraftfahrzeugszulassungsstelle

My friend in Germany was trying to read these words to me.....and I was cracking up because to me it was sounding more like Chinese or something. :unsure::lol:

So yeah....now my friend sent me the words to see if I can do any better. :P

HELP!! :lol:

On a side note.....my mom's hubby (who's a teacher) just told me that in his class the students were supposed to do a report on a news story. One of his students got up and talked about Celiac Disease and passed around flyers about the disease, the symptoms and the gluten-free diet. He showed me the flyers she handed out. :)

AND THEN he told the class that he heard of it....and that he knew about it....because his wife's daughter (me!) has it. :blink::unsure:

and I'm like..."But I dont have Celiac Disease". :huh:

"You don't?? :huh: ....I thought you did??" :unsure:

"Ummm....no.....I thought I might have it...but that was a few years ago."

"Oh...ok...but you have "other stuff" right???"

:lol::lol: Yup....I have "other stuff". :lol::lol:

So yeah....apparantly he hasnt been paying much attention. He just knows I'm sick and I react to stuff.....and I'm always on the computer. :P:lol:

nora-n Rookie

kraftfahrzeug = motor vehicle

zulassung= permit

stelle = place, location

unbedenklich= harmless

bescheinigung=attestation

I made a wand from welding wire, and my decaf coffee was between 200 and 300, I needed two calcium tablets, and only one vit D tablet.....some raw squash was 8, but cucumber was between 200 and 300. .....

My wand is very slow but it is only a test. There are some other videos that show the use on youtube and this guy's wand was super fast. I read somewhere else they use piano wire. Other wands can be made from plastic rods. They seem to use round weights for things like that, and the donut or washer weight for finding water and faults (geopathic stress)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
kraftfahrzeug = motor vehicle

zulassung= permit

stelle = place, location

unbedenklich= harmless

bescheinigung=attestation

Thanks Nora,

I actually already know the meaning....I want to know how to pronounce the words.

You can take any word and break it down so that its pronounced correctly.....and since I dont know any German at all....I would not even begin to know how to say them. Are these actually all one word....(like I posted) or are they seperate words? The way they were written in a paragraph they appeared to be all one word.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Susie,

This is so exciting! Our very first Rachelville baby! :D I bet you cannot wait to greet her into the world.

We would love a sonogram picture if possible! I know how badly you have wanted this baby, and you deserve the happiness so much!

That is wonderful about the farmer making you a special batch of black pudding! :) Absorbing iron can be difficult. My new chiropractor said no one can tolerate those pills. They are not natural, and are very hard on the digestive tract. He said it is like giving someone a metal brick the size of an eraser and telling the person to swallow it. :lol: It tears up pregnant women and other people's systems alike.

You are right, the stress from work probably is not good for the baby. Fatigue is not uncommon during pregnancy, but your adrenals very well could need some support. Mine are probably shot. Other than this, you all seem to be doing well. :) We are so glad to see a post from you!

Work certainly sounds active as of late. Do not forget to rest. I am desperately trying to find balance between working on artwork, organizing and cleaning the house, and various other things. So far, I am doing a terrible job. :rolleyes: Finding equilibrium is more difficult than you expect.

Dear Rachel,

Oh no, not refried beans in a can! :o I bet you did sweat after eating those. Preservatives are loaded with chemicals none of us tolerate well. Your symptoms sound just like mine! Do you think my trouble is phenols and salicylates, or maybe sulfites as well?

I do not sweat more when I am exposed to perfume, but do become nauseated sometimes. Other times, I sneeze or cough. I sweat under my arms, in my hands, and feet. This is a regular all-day everyday happening. Sometimes I am freezing cold, but still sweat like that.

German is more difficult in the pronunciation than some other languages. I know very little German, but am familiar with the sound of pronunciations. A great place to go is www.byki.com for a wide variety of languages. You can get free downloads for ten free lessons. I got Gaelic and Mandarin Chinese. They teach you how to pronounce it with sound.

Dear Andrea,

It is as if a blackhole has sucked everyone up! I really wonder if Kassandra is alright. :unsure: She has not posted for quite some time. Julie may be on the Silly Thread, I will have to check. Nyxie has not posted in an eternity. I need to send a message to her MySpace.

Dear Sherry,

Hello to you, too! ;) Thank goodness you have only had trouble with one meal so far in Thailand!

I hear it is beautiful there. Enjoy the trip! Do not forget to have fun.

Dear Birdy,

How awful the Sulfa LEDs did not work. Maybe they will next time. I know you were hoping to do the treatment for mercury. Do you have blocked pathways? This interferes with detox to the extreme.

Dear Paula,

I do not know what to think about the detox footpads. It also depends on whether or not you can remove toxins. Just because you sweat does not mean toxins are coming out. When you cannot release them naturally, other measures must be taken before anything can work. I wonder why you and your mother both became ill from them?

Sulfites are a problem for a lot of people. If your Phase II pathways are blocked, that may be part of it. Genova does that test, I think. April had that done before. Her liver was congested something awful.

Dear Nora,

I want to learn more about how to do this energy testing. You would not happen to have more links for videos on how to make and use your own wire would you? I am not sure where I would get welding or piano wire, but somewhere is bound to have it. Dad poo-pooed it when I told him, but he has done no research and will believe anything an idiot in a white labcoat tells him. He has nothing but concrete between those wax-filled ears of his. :angry:

Sincerely,

Jin

covsooze Enthusiast

Hi Jin

I've just been trying to update my avatar with a scan photo, but it doesn't seem to be appearing on my posts, even though it's in my controls. Hmmm...will try to oblige when I can work out what's going on!

Susie

covsooze Enthusiast

OK, it's not very easy to see, but she's there now :D <<proud mummy grins>>

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Susie,

I see her! She is so cute! We are all proud, too! Sometimes those avatars take a little while to show up. Mine did when I changed it. Is your son excited about having a baby sister?

Sincerely,

Jin

covsooze Enthusiast

Thanks Jin! DS was desperate to have a brother, but as soon as he knew it was a sister, he was very excited. He thinks all the pink stuff that's descending on us is very cute! He has told all his class at school in great detail about his baby sister :D He's very amused about the size of my tummy as well :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Susie,

I can see her. :) We'll be excitedly going through the next 12 weeks with you. :D That's so neat your son is excited as well, even though he really wanted a brother.

Jin,

I don't know if you know that Kassandra had her gallbladder out a couple weeks ago (I think). She's still dealing with low ferritin and doctors trying to figure out how to help that since she had an anaphylactic reaction last time. Also she's not on the computer as much due to EMF's.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi everyone! I'm in Germany and it's going very well. I'm sure you can see from the blog. Feel free to give the blog address to whoever wants it, I just don't want the screen name to come up here on a Google search. :)

It's going very well. There are three other Americans staying in the guest house who are also being treated. It's truly amazing how this works. One young girl who is 14 had no feeling ... not even hunger, etc. You could stick a pin in her and she couldn't feel it ... all from Lyme. Her feeling has come back since we've been here.

I'm feeling good. Not great yet, but good. The pain is greatly reduced. I've been going on long walks every day. It's truly beautiful here.

I was having trouble with internet access, but they installed one now for guests to use. I won't be reading at all, so you can PM or email me if you have something to say, I just thought I'd pop in. :)

Hope you're all doing well.

Oh, I was just glancing at the 10 recent posts .... I went into the local catholic church and asked a lady when mass was .... I asked in German and totally forgot I'd not understand the answer, ROFL. That's in my blog.

Unfortunately, I stopped listening to the tapes when I started feeling so bad from the mold. I couldn't focus, so stopped. I felt comfortable at the train station and airport because the limited amount I had learned had to do with transportation, I just wish I had gotten to the part about restaurants, LOL!

nora-n Rookie

Rachel, they are both two or more words , or one word. Both things are right. Depends on what you mean. You just need to know where one ends and one starts, and what the word is. if it is something defined as something, or something-like something, kinda, they put them together into one word. It can become a long word with three or more words hanging together. No wonder you ask where they start and stop.

We have the same thing in scandinavia. And in Finland they hang the casus after the word, too.

(different language family altogether)

The words you listed are made of even more words and they even have abstract meandings but together they are other things.....

Now a new phenomenon has started some years ago: kids starting to separate the words that should ahng together. this will often, or usually, mean something else altogether.

There are associations to combat the phenomenon, some astronomers (!) have started a club against this nonsense, and there is a fecebook group. Often people write signs wrong, and I take pictures of those weird signs. One example is Skilt Mann (name of a firm that manufastures signs for shops etc) but when you separete the words like that, it says Divorced Man....

or Onion Rings, L

mslee Apprentice

I am so behind I don't know how you guys keep up with all this info!

Confused, that was very sweet of the school to do for you!

Happy Late Birthday!

I probably posted something about impaired detoxification and issues with metals, toxins, infections, etc. I have severe problems with detoxification...but my liver tests are all normal. Its more of an intracellular metabolic thing....not something that typically shows up in the standard liver tests.

Of course its also possible to have abnormalities show up in liver tests that may be caused by heavy metals and toxicity.....however, these problems wouldnt be identified by the doctors as a reason for the abnormalities in the liver tests.

Issues with heavy metals, etc has to be determined with tests that are specific for that.....and by doctors who are familar with those things and who also have experience with the testing (understanding how to interpret them).

In my opinion toxicity is caused by many things. For example if mercury is causing impaired detoxification...you will then accumulate MANY toxins....its unavoidable in a world where we are exposed to thousands of chemicals. You start becoming sensitive to many things as toxicity in the body rises. The more impaired detoxification becomes....the more reactive we become to chemicals, molds, foods, etc.

I dont think exposure has to be chronic in order to cause damage......it would really depend on the person's genetic make-up. How much exposure to toxins can each person handle? Its impossible to answer because we are all different, have different genes, different vulnerabilities, different environmental exposures, different lifestyles, etc.

Many things that we are exposed to on a daily basis can cause or contribute to the detoxification problems....its not just the heavy metals (although they are a big part of it).

Absolutely! Plastic is a major contaminant. Its better to drink water from a glass container (although they tend to be alot more expensive and more difficult to find).

Also, to avoid worse contamination from plastics dont heat food in plastic containers and dont leave plastic water bottles in the sun. I dont ever leave my water sitting in the car and then drink from it.....I have actually tasted the chemicals and reacted to them. I learned pretty quick to never do that again!

Even people I know who are not sick and who are not sensitive to chemicals can taste the plastic when they leave the water bottle in the car.

Yuck! I've opted not to own a microwave, my Dad used to microwave everything in plastic and I would always tell him thats not safe, but he lives off TV dinners & is kinda a lost cause. Sad.

Yes my liver enzymes have been elevated my GI says its the celiac, I'm sure it is but know I am sensitive to all these pollutants so they can't be helping. I think I'm just set up genetically to be sensitive.

Patients who have been to the Drs Hertoghe in Belgium, report that he forbids them to drink water from plastic bottles.

He and Therese also treat compliated cases, also toxic patients, but they are mostly treating patients with various hormone problems so we read more about them on thyroid and adrenal forums.

nora

The guy that spoke at the convention I went to (he has books on mercury in the environment - I just can't remember the names right now) said that that China is putting up new coal plants weekly and the "dirty" coal they are burning gets into the air. The air flows over towards California. CA has the worst mercury problem in the air because of this.

Then it rains and washes the mercury into the soil (which is better than in the air). Then the wildfires start......the mercury is then released back into the air with the smoke.

This air then travels east and rain brings it back down to the soil and on and on. So, CA has the worst and the east coast has the least. The middle of the country is in the middle.

He says we have to do something about China burning this kind of coal. He also agrees that there are issues with vaccines, genetic predisposition, and other sources....but that the amounts in the air is increasingly getting worse - in a bad way!

Sherry, I am thinking of you and how your issues seem to worsen when you go there....could it be the pollution/mercury that is burdening your system?

Did you guys ever read about that little girl who had 9 shots in one dr. visit and went autistic? I can't remember her name either, but her father was a nuerologist and he proved, in her case, that the vaccines caused some sort of brain injury. So, he won in court and has set a precidence about vaccines. The thing is...most of us don't have nuerologist in our families that have access to state of the art testing - probably free or reduced.

I need to post more of this stuff. Gotta get my notes out though so I can post the names of everyone... :D

Yeah...this is all very true. Last summer when I was seeing the Dr. who did my LED treatments he was talking about how much environmental mercury we are dealing with right here in the Bay Area. We also get alot that is coming down from the old gold mines that are in the area. I think he said that there are 11 mines that are distributing mercury all through the bay area.

He said if we were looking at a map of the world and which areas have the biggest problems with environmental mercury.....there would be a huge red spot right over the Bay Area. Also, in recent years the cases of Autism in the Bay Area (Northern California) have increased rapidly....as well as cases of Lyme Disease.

I think this might be why I have no problems finding these types of doctors in my area....LLMD's, DAN practitioners, voodoo ladies....we've got them all here. Lots of business for them in California! :rolleyes:

I do think the environmental mercury is playing a big role.

Also, with all of the big fires we had.....they also re-release plenty of mercury back into the air, water, land, etc.

But I still love California. :wub:

Very Interesting!

I was born in Santa Cruz CA raised in San Diego, have had several vaccines and fish used to be a big part of my diet. I am more careful now try to consume only small cold water fish occasionally. I miss CA, but we are planning on giving CO a shot before moving back.

Have you guys read that book,

The Autoimmune Epidemic

Bodies gone haywire in a world out of balance

by Donna Jackson Nakazawa

Very interesting, her theory is that all these autoimmune issues that so many are coming up with are caused by our toxic environment. I recommend reading it.

Could someone send me the link to Carla's Blog? Please & Than You!

*Covsooze Congrats on the little one!*

mslee Apprentice

Oh one more thing about Sulfites or is it sulfates?

Those sensitive to them have an immediate obvious reaction to them is that correct?

I am on sulfasalazine for colitis, have not had any problems seems to help no side effects noticed.

But have always been sensitive to wine.

I like olives, capers, pickled food occasionally if I was sensitive those would all make me sick right?

Archived