This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I got nothing medical or scientific to talk about today. :huh:

I think my brain is on vacation from it right now....I'm just waiting for the 22nd to get here so that I can finally meet this new voodoo lady and find out if she's really worth all this waiting and anticipation. <_<

She better not disappoint!! :angry::P

Hopefully I'm still scheduled and they havent changed anything. I have no idea because I was suppossed to call back and confirm that it was OK.....yet they NEVER answer the phone at that office. :angry:

Also, they seem to change their "open for business" days quite frequently. Last time they were closed Monday's and Friday's.....now its Monday and Wednesday....who knows what it'll be next week. :unsure:

She better be worth it....

So, since nothing scientific is coming to mind today....I figured its a good time to go shopping. :D

Yeah yeah.....I know the economy is crumbling all around us....but VESTS are back in style!! I couldnt stop myself! :lol:

I got 3 new vests...was walking out....then saw the cutest beret-ish looking cap....I found myself back at the register. :ph34r:

The sales lady said "Hey....THAT is a perfect match for one of the vests you just got!!" Totally....thats why I had *no choice* but to buy it. :P

I'm gonna wear this to the club when I go out dancing....and hopefully the vests will still be in style by then! ;)

The voodoo lady who has been putting my life on hold with her "barely there" practice....needs to work some magic so that I can go out soon...without having to fear that a perfume/cologne "freakout" will occur. :o

I just got home....showed my mom my new hat (that is NOT a baseball hat or visor ;) ) and my vests. Now she wants vests too. :lol: She's going to Macy's tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I think the next couple weeks are gonna be kinda dull as far as updates.....nothing new going on. I live off of ground beef, peas, Penta water and brownies. Thank God for these brownies. :D:lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aprilh Apprentice
It was explained to me, Sherry, that I needed to be on a PPI to reduce the stomach acid so the abx could get to it. I can't do the bismuth as it's related to aspirin and I'm allergic to NSAIDs. I have an herbal thing I'll be taking along with it, too.

Birdy

Manuka Honey is good for H.pylori also.

I think the next couple weeks are gonna be kinda dull as far as updates.....nothing new going on. I live off of ground beef, peas, Penta water and brownies. Thank God for these brownies. :D:lol:

Brownies sound good! I miss ice cream....chocolate.....yummmmmmmm :P

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I hope this new gal is worth the wait too. I'm amazed that they change hours/days off.

mftnchn Explorer

Yeah, Rachel. Wonder how they stay in business.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea,

I looked her up online tonite (dont know why I waited so long to do that :huh: ). She has a website so I was able to learn alot about her from that. I also found a thread about her on some message board....it was all positive.

She was chronically ill herself and recovered after being treated by a M.D. who specialized in the alternative stuff. She's done alot since then....became an N.D....worked with some well known people....got experience with chelation and a bunch of other stuff.

Right now her practice is in 3 states....two different clinics in California.

Ummm....maybe thats why the scheduling heinosity?? :blink:

It doesnt seem like she'd be easy to see on a regular basis.....not like Anna.....probably more like Amy (once every few months).

Well...at least it sounds pretty good....she's got alot of actual experience....not to mention that she was actually dealing with all of this herself at one time. She was toxic...so she'll be the first Dr. I've seen that can relate to that part of it.

It should be interesting...I'm looking forward to it. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yeah, Rachel. Wonder how they stay in business.

I was wondering this myself until I found out she's all over the place....on the other side of the country even.

I hope my appt. doesnt get moved again. :unsure:

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

It sounds pretty hopeful then. :) Can't wait to hear all about it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nora-n Rookie

Kassandra, I think I remember that around the time we talked about EMF, you went to some muscle testing, maybe a lady, and mentioned she came up with both parasites and bleeding. I might be wrong, though.

CFS and Roibush tea and baking soda: The latest fad on the cfs forum I checked is taking half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water in the morning at least 15 min. before eating, drink half the glass, and then fill teh glass up again with plain un-fflavoured Roibush tea. This mix is supposed to be able to kill all viruses. Lots of postings on that. They think that cfs is a mix of issues, and that the immune system is coromised because of that. They have also reported that antibiotics help but then when off abs one relapses again.

A lot of cfs patients now go to this belgian doctor who treats everyine individually and they all get so much better. Sounds like he treats infections and viruses and immune system. He and the team of doctors (there is a group) are developing a new medicine for that purpose too. I tried to look for his name, and it is Meirleir.

Open Original Shared Link here you can find some english references and links amongst other things. Works about the same as an LLMD, treating for bacteriae and detoxing too amongst other things. Patient reports that he tested for bacteriae the ordinary hostpital did not test for , or find.

Another thing the cfs patients find very usefu , is LDN but I have posted about that several times. Their thread is many pages long.

Another intersting thing they find useful, is the infrared clothing and fibres I posted about the other day, here they sell them as vivite, and abroad they are usually called PP, ohoton platina, as they give off infrared energy in a certain waveleng.

If one wears the clothes, 99,87% of harmful bacteriae are killed by one day.

Ssounds like the IR waves from the bionic 880. Just that they have to keep using the vivitex items. Lots of sports people use those underwear. Lots of threads over several years that those fibres help very much, and theyrove from bed-ridden to just having to limit their activities and brain-work and not over-do it. (cfs is neurological they say)

maybe some of those things that cfs people find useful, help lyme patients and other people with problems of unknown origin, or with problems hard to adress.

nora

confused Community Regular

Well i started an basic diet on monday. I am only eating the basics: eggs, fruit, veggies, chicken and beef. Im not sure if im feeling better or worse right now. I am also working out an hour an day. Im going to stick to this for 2 weeks and see if it makes any difference on how i feel.

Rachel,

Did you get an pink vest lol? I have never ever worn an vest lol.

paula

mftnchn Explorer

Nora this is very interesting, I tested postive with ART for chlamydia pneumoniae and that is on the cfs sites I noticed. I can't get the link to work though.

nora-n Rookie

Do you think you might have a slight case of cfs? (becaue you have multiple infections)

Which one of the links?

I think I will get the neck thing from vivitex, with photonic platinum etc, helps with brain fog and anything neurological. And sore throats and kills bacteriae. But not this month yet.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I definitely had a case of CFS, Nora! No doubt. The fatigue is the most disabling part of all this for me.

Last night I was craving steak and chocolate, LOL. I had been out of iron supps and didn't feel like going to the store. I always crave steak when my iron is low. Adam bought the iron two days ago before he went out of town. Last night I had the steak and chocolate for dinner. Today I woke up 2 1/2 pounds lighter and feel much, much better! Be watching for my new book - The Steak and Chocolate Diet! :lol: :lol:

I think the magnesium from the organic dark chocolate cleaned me out a bit. :ph34r: Obviously stuff that needed to go since I'm feeling better since I got rid of it. The magnesium in the choc did it's work about an hour after dinner .... two hours after that I was nauseous. G. told me nausea is a sign the liver is overloaded. Now, after my ecoffee, I feel much better. I slept 11 hours last night, too.

I'm not 100% .... but I feel human again. I might even go to the gym. I'd say about 80%. Adam said I was down to 45% that I was grossly overestimating when I'd say 70%.

So, I was in the 90% range, got rid of the mattress, went to 100% for three days, dropped to 45%, now back to about 80%. I'm a bit toxic feeling (like I was drinking last night).

I think I'm having steak and chocolate again today. ;)

My air hunger was always my symptom that was the first to come back whenever we'd wean me off abx. I am off everything for a couple weeks now and am having no air hunger. I guess it's the immune suppressive effects of the abx that would make me feel better .... plus, getting rid of the Lyme, of course. The air hunger being gone is very strange .... this was the first symptom I went to the doctor for several years ago prior to my Lyme diagnosis. I never had this symptom prior to getting that mattress ..... I was tested for asthma, but was told the air hunger was actually hyperventilation. I had other symptoms of Lyme dating way back, but never the air hunger till the mold exposure.

tabasco32 Apprentice
I Yeah yeah.....I know the economy is crumbling all around us....but VESTS are back in style!! I couldnt stop myself! :lol:

I got 3 new vests...was walking out....then saw the cutest beret-ish looking cap....I found myself back at the register. :ph34r:

my life on hold for these brownies. :D:lol:

Vests are back in style!!! I still have mine from 1989. I knew I was holding on to them for something. :D

But I dont think I every owned a beret though.

Did Dr. M. wear that vest all the time when you went for your visits Rach? How about his little pouch purse? I love those kind of small pouchy purses. I don't like those big diva, bling bling purses. My mom has like 2,000 of those purses.

tabasco32 Apprentice
Last night I was craving steak and chocolate, LOL. I had been out of iron supps and didn't feel like going to the store. I always crave steak when my iron is low. Adam bought the iron two days ago before he went out of town. Last night I had the steak and chocolate for dinner. Today I woke up 2 1/2 pounds lighter and feel much, much better! Be watching for my new book - The Steak and Chocolate Diet! :lol: :lol:

My air hunger was always my symptom that was the first to come back whenever we'd wean me off abx. I am off everything for a couple weeks now and am having no air hunger. I guess it's the immune suppressive effects of the abx that would make me feel better .... plus, getting rid of the Lyme, of course. The air hunger being gone is very strange .... this was the first symptom I went to the doctor for several years ago prior to my Lyme diagnosis. I never had this symptom prior to getting that mattress ..... I was tested for asthma, but was told the air hunger was actually hyperventilation. I had other symptoms of Lyme dating way back, but never the air hunger till the mold exposure.

I am the same way too! When I was at my weakest, 84 pds. I craved eating the fat off of steaks and chicken.

Also when I am out of my VC supplement I crave orange juice a lot.

My air hunger was at it's worst when Ryan use to smoke MJ in the house. Now I don't have it as much anymore. I also get it more when I use thing with SLS in them or eat ice cream a lot.

mslee Apprentice

Hi

I realize I'm kinda butting in here, :( sorry

Started reading this thread because I am trying to pin point what else in my diet is making me sick...it's sooo long though.

I have an allergist apt next week, they said the Dr is familiar with Celiac.

Any tips on what exactly I should tell him?

Also I see many of you have chemical/metal sensitivities I know I do, how have you gone about pin pointing exactly what the problem is?

I replaced all chemical cleaners long before my Celiac Dx because they always bothered me. Junk food processed foods have always bothered me. I'm scared to find out what is in my meds.

they have me on

25 mg amitriptyline before bed for sleep & pain

4000 mg a day sulfasalazine for colitis

they told me to take motrin for pain, but with the colitis and tummy problems I stopped taking it

I've held back on my supplements because there is something making me sick and I don't know what it is.

any input is appreciated!!!

thanks!

confused Community Regular

welcome mslee,

Have you ever looked into mold? What exactly are the symptoms you are still having? Have you looked into being sensitive to sulfites. maybe having an candida problem.

I found out i had arsenic toxic, possible mercury toxic threw an hair test.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Welcome mslee! We've spoken on another thread. :)

mftnchn Explorer
Welcome mslee! We've spoken on another thread. :)

Ditto for me, welcome to this thread mslee!.

There are different approaches with allergists. Hopefully you have one that believes in and treats this area.

If you google multiple chemical sensitivity or MCS you should find a lot of helpful information. My allergist can test for some of the major chemicals and could treat with a titrated drop under the tongue. This worked for about 50% of his patients, I think he said. I was not one of them, so we tried it but didn't continue.

I'd go ahead and call and get a list of all the contents of your medications to take with you.

Maybe you will be lucky and only sensitive to a few chemicals.

For me MCS is one of the symptoms but isn't something I treat as my major problem. I have learned to eliminate certain things from my household and avoid certain things in public. I let my husband fill gas in the car if at all possible, gasoline exposure is not good. I use more cotton and natural fabrics, especially in bedding. I buy unscented whatever--whenever I can. I don't use candles. I only have throw rugs in the house. I avoid exposure to paint. I just try to reduce my exposure as much as possible. Organic foods help but aren't an option for me.

Sherry

mslee Apprentice

Hi Carla! :) I read about your mattress that is HORRIBLE! Hopefully you will start to feel better with it gone!

welcome mslee,

Have you ever looked into mold? What exactly are the symptoms you are still having? Have you looked into being sensitive to sulfites. maybe having an candida problem.

I found out i had arsenic toxic, possible mercury toxic threw an hair test.

paula

I think mold could be an issue, do Allergists test for that?

Yeasts have always been a problem, I would do SCD but can't do dairy, did find the GAPS diet (scd w/out casein) they sound good but I really need to gain weight now, at least stop loosing it.

I can tell rice and corn (the only grains in my diet) make me feel kinda light headed and I just want to keep eating more and more, but that makes me dizzier and dizzier.

Mostly the past 2 weeks I feel nauseous and have no appetite, drained, dragging, achy...and yes grumpy.

Maybe it's just too early to narrow everything down.

I do know soy feels as bad as gluten.

*Last week Rice Check without rice (or any form of milk) made me feel really dizzy, and then nauseous, and then headachy. It could have been soy based tocopheryls, or the BHT. I read on here chapsticks often have tocopheryls in the form of Vit E so I stopped using those last week.

* Last night it was something in the mussels I made, the mussels themselves or the wine I put in them & enjoyed a glass or 2 of :P

I think the wine said it has natural occurring sulfates. I don't drink much of it usually leads to headaches.

*can't wear metal ear rings, they get itchy and raw

*tap water makes me feel really sick, bloated, crampy

*stopped consuming MSG hoping it would help reduce headaches, it seems to be.

*any kind of poison, smog, or chemical smell makes me feel really sick

Guess thats a start.

I doubt a traditional allergist will cover much of this but it's worth a try, maybe I will show a definite reaction to something.

thanks!

good-night!

mslee Apprentice
Ditto for me, welcome to this thread mslee!.

oh hello just saw your reply, Thank You for the info!

I will follow up doing those searches on chemical sensitivities and MCS

thanks!

mftnchn Explorer

I'd look into getting a reverse osmosis water filter; my allergist said it is the best option and is very important for treatment.

I think you are going to need to go grain free. Keep in mind that if you are not able to absorb, you'll lose weight anyway.

www.pecanbread.com is SCD and a lot of ideas for dairy free because many of the autistic kids can't handle dairy. I lost weight initially on SCD but then have been holding steady now for several weeks. My guess is it is helping me start absorbing better. On SCD you eat more nuts which are very nutritious.

mftnchn Explorer

I think you will need to look into whether you have heavy metal toxicity. Have you done that? I can't recall reading that from posts on other threads.

mftnchn Explorer
Do you think you might have a slight case of cfs? (becaue you have multiple infections)

Which one of the links?

Probably, it is certainly been a symptom. Sorry I lost the link...I think it had goodman in it or something?

mftnchn Explorer
The fatigue is the most disabling part of all this for me.

I'm not 100% .... but I feel human again. I might even go to the gym. I'd say about 80%. Adam said I was down to 45% that I was grossly overestimating when I'd say 70%.

So, I was in the 90% range, got rid of the mattress, went to 100% for three days, dropped to 45%, now back to about 80%. I'm a bit toxic feeling (like I was drinking last night).

I think I'm having steak and chocolate again today. ;)

Steak and chocolate sound yummy! I'm still on "mush." Even the pureed carrots (my blender leaves tiny chunks) that have been cooked 4 hours come through undigested, though I think I am getting some good out of the food.

Fatigue and brain fog are the most disabling for me, and the very intense pain can be as well.

Yeah for 80%!!!!!!!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks, Mslee, getting rid of the mattress stirred up so much, I feel worse! Ugh! I am improving though. Yesterday I made it to the gym for the first time since getting rid of the mold.

Sherry, thanks, the 80% lasted through the morning and early afternoon. By late afternoon, I needed a pain killer again. I think I've moved out a lot of the toxins, but I don't know if I can get the mold toxins out without the cholestyramine. If the German doctor doesn't take care of the mold, then I think I'll have to pursue maybe a consultation with Dr. Shoemaker.

Archived