This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast
Oooh...Caramel. :D

Love the new pic......heck....I couldnt even tell which was was you...everyone looks healthy and happy. :)

I'm the one on the upper right with the bangs ... I cut my bangs last week.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anne AMP Apprentice

I don't know who did the test. The local lab said they had to send the specimen somewhere else cause they couldn't do it. What did you do for your leaky gut?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:lol::lol:

Sorry...I guess Carla and Donna beat me to the punch about Lyme testing! :ph34r:

So yeah...anyone else wanna add that Igenix is the best lab for testing?? :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I don't know who did the test. The local lab said they had to send the specimen somewhere else cause they couldn't do it. What did you do for your leaky gut?

I'm not doing anything specific as far as treating leaky gut. Candida and Leaky gut are generally a symtpom of a larger problem. For me its mostly mercury and other heavy metals...and I also have Lyme.

I'm addressing those things since if it werent for them I wouldnt have leaky gut to begin with.

My gut isnt going to heal with all this other stuff going on...so I have to prioritize. Get rid of the big issues and then the body can pretty much heal itself.

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGosh! I can't see the new pic here at home, but I think I saw it at work before I left...I thought that was a group of kids, lol!!!! :lol:

Anne AMP Apprentice
I'm not doing anything specific as far as treating leaky gut. Candida and Leaky gut are generally a symtpom of a larger problem. For me its mostly mercury and other heavy metals...and I also have Lyme.

I'm addressing those things since if it werent for them I wouldnt have leaky gut to begin with.

My gut isnt going to heal with all this other stuff going on...so I have to prioritize. Get rid of the big issues and then the body can pretty much heal itself.

How do you get metal toxicity diagnosed?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I don't know who did the test. The local lab said they had to send the specimen somewhere else cause they couldn't do it.

I wouldnt trust those test resuts. <_<

The labs most doctors use have something like 60% sensitivity for picking up Lyme. Thats real bad...you want something close to 100% sensitive when testing for something as serious as Lyme. This is why most cases go undiagnosed. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
OMGosh! I can't see the new pic here at home, but I think I saw it at work before I left...I thought that was a group of kids, lol!!!! :lol:

It is, who says I'm a grown up??? :lol: If you hit refresh, you should be able to see it.

happygirl Collaborator

Happy Birthday, Carla!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!!!!!!!!

xoxo

AndreaB Contributor

I guessed that that one was you only because the other one that looked older than the ones in front looked like Morgan. You look like teenager.

So yeah...anyone else wanna add that Igenix is the best lab for testing?? :P

Me, Me, Me!

AndreaB Contributor

Happy Birthday Carla!

Enjoy your dessert. Have some for me......that means you need to have much more than you normally would. :P

dlp252 Apprentice
It is, who says I'm a grown up??? :lol:

:lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I have real good Dr.'s who specialize in this type of stuff. They understand how all this works and what types of things cause it.

Conventional...or "mainstream" Dr.'s do not really address these issues. I see "Integrative" Dr.'s who diagnose and treat all sorts of things but mostly specialize in Mercury Detox, Lyme Disease and Autism.

Also these things seem to be intertwined.

If you have Lyme you tend to have issues with heavy metals....if you have heavy metals for sure you've got candida...if you've got candida and mercury then you've probably got leaky gut....if you've got leaky gut you're likely dealing with a whole lot of intolerances...and so on and so on.

If your a small child with all of this going on....that would be called Autism. :(

So I have Dr.'s who know how it works. I've only very recently started any treatment. I've treated candida and leaky gut in the past....to no avail...because I wasnt really getting to the root of my problems. I was basically doing it on my own.

CarlaB Enthusiast
You take a chelating agent and do a urine test.
CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks Andrea and Laura.

Laura, have you started the new antibiotic yet? What are you now taking?

Off for ice cream and presents. Andrea, ANY ice cream is more than normal!! LOL Normally I'd eat a whole pint, tonight, just a half pint. :P

happygirl Collaborator

yes. zithromax (no doxy bc of the sun) 3 x a week.

CarlaB Enthusiast
yes. zithromax (no doxy bc of the sun) 3 x a week.

I'm on Biaxin,from the same family. My insurance wouldn't approve the zith. :blink: They have no problem with Mepron, but they denied zith. Strange.

I'm on doxy, but they're going to change it for the summer, probably to mino. Good thing you're not on it, I got sun poisoning on my hand through the car window when I had #35 sunscreen on.

Anne AMP Apprentice
I'm on Biaxin,from the same family. My insurance wouldn't approve the zith. :blink: They have no problem with Mepron, but they denied zith. Strange.

I'm on doxy, but they're going to change it for the summer, probably to mino. Good thing you're not on it, I got sun poisoning on my hand through the car window when I had #35 sunscreen on.

Hi Carla,

Is it too nosey of me to ask why you are taking doxy? My sister was on it for about a year and had wonderful result for pain.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hi Carla,

Is it too nosey of me to ask why you are taking doxy? My sister was on it for about a year and had wonderful result for pain.

No, it's not too nosey, this is the stuff we talk about! :) I have Lyme Disease and a babesia coinfection. I'm on a bunch of medication and supplements for it -- medications to kill the bugs, supplements to rebuild my immune system.

AndreaB Contributor

Here's a link to root canals and cancer for anyone interested.

Open Original Shared Link

I know my doctor has told me they have been implicated in women with breast cancer as well.

There is another good site which I think Rachel already linked.....tuberose.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You take a chelating agent and do a urine test.

:blink:

Just noticed I totally read the question wrong. Thought she asked "How did you get diagnosed for heavy metal toxicity?" My post makes no sense. :ph34r:

Ummm...yeah...what Carla said.

You take a chelating agent and do a urine test. :D

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea and Rachel,

Now I am back where I started! I just want to cry! :( This root canal business is causing major problems. All I know is I am in pain and need to fix it. The problem is what is the answer?

Dear Donna,

I think the Valerian may be the trouble. I know it gave me difficulty. The morning supplements should not be a problem. However, the 5-HTP could be the source. My father said it could do that, too. He used to work for an herbal company. Anyway, those are two possibilities.

Dear Mango,

:lol: Those geese do sound like ours! They stole them! The Auxigro people poisoned them, then brainwashed them! You know what this means...another lawsuit. As District Attorney of Rachelville, I am obligated to file a major lawsuit. They won't get away with this! :angry:

Dear Laura,

We can take Zithromax? I did not know that! It is one of the few antibiotics I tolerate! It is great, you only take it once a day. Those others you have to take four times a day.

Dear Carla,

Skyline Chili sounds terrific! So does the ice cream and caramel sauce! You really do look like a kid in that pic! I kept thinking "Where is Carla?" :lol: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Good thing you're not on it, I got sun poisoning on my hand through the car window when I had #35 sunscreen on.

WTH?? :unsure:

I did not know this about Doxy....you cant take it during the summer?? :huh:

When I was first getting sick and my face was totally burning from the neurotoxins...they stupidly diagnosed me with Rosacea and put me on high doses of Tetracycline. Yeah...what do you think that did to me?? :rolleyes:

Hint: It did not help. :angry:

Anyways...they said I couldnt go out in the sun...because the antibiotic makes you more susceptible to sunburn. Is that the case with Doxy as well?? Why is it that the antibiotic causes this? :unsure:

I did go out in the sun while I was on Tetracycline and I didnt have any adverse reactions that I can recall.

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

happy birthday carla...

I was reading some lymenet posts over the weekend and read a post that reminded me of what you said regarding your lyme situation... saw the name was sixgoofykids and the location was ohio so I'm assuming that's you, right?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea....I read the link you posted.

I had read about the testing on rabbits in one of the posts on LymeNET.

I just cant believe I never knew any of this stuff was so toxic or harmful. It blows my mind. :blink:

On the one hand I sort of feel fortunate to be learning...so that I'm informed and dont end up causing more harm to myself down the road.

And then on the other hand I just want to put my hands over my ears and eyes and just walk around going "La -la-la-la-la-la-......I cant hear you...I cant see you....La-la-la-la" :ph34r:

Yeah...I just wanna block it all out and go back to normal when I didnt know anything and I wasnt sick...and I could eat all kinds of garbage...and I was just a normal fast food eating citizen who'd never heard of a neurotoxin. :huh:

Anyone else??

Archived