This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

miamia Rookie
I hope the solution doesn't make you sick this time.

My three day stool test ... I spilled one of the jars while trying to mix it. :ph34r: It was a real treat to try to scoop it all back in the jar ... <_<:ph34r: That was the nastiest test I've done so far. I sure hope Chloe never has to do it.

Carla-

yeah i have done this test a few times and everytime i am scooping my poo out of what looks like a frech fry container into a little bottle i always think- "wow my life really is not what i expected it to be"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice

Uggggg...shoulder really starting to hurt. Doctor said it would after the injection...her exact words "this is going to cause some pain"...and she wasn't talking about the injection itself. I thought I might get to bypass it this time, cuz haven't felt even a little ache...until now. :lol: I may have to take some tylenol later. I've been stretching...which is actually supposed to be good for it. Yikes!

Today i had an amazing physical therapy session. This guy is really fantastic. He uses so many different methods.

i thought of you because I think he got tired of telling me to relax and started saying "no tension" instead

I'm so excited for these appointments for you...and the new doctor too! :lol: I have a 1 hour massage schedule tomorrow (not with the PT guy though), and hopefully I can relax enough...I have my epsom salt bubble bath all ready to go for when I get home.

How is this different than "dingo-ing"?

:lol: !!!!!!!

Warning you may all be jealous of my weekend plans......... Stool test(sad face) .

Its one of those 3 day stool tests and i don't so much mind doing it but the saline solution i ahve to drink tomorrow morning when i start it KILLS me I think i cried last time i had to drink it- it makes me really sick

:lol: !! Yes, jealous indeed... NOT! :lol:

My Dr. said there is no such thing as TOO much glutathione in the body B) ...at least I *think* thats what he said.

Brains kinda messed up today.

Yep, I think you're right about that. BUT WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT DMPS!? :lol: :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Why is peanut butter so ATTRACTIVE to all of us? What is it about it? I miss it so much....don't miss gluten, soy, dairy or even chocolate as much as I miss PB. :(

I'm not as sensitive to mold as you guys are. I have to watch peanut butter and fruit juice, but having it a couple times per week doesn't bother me at all.

I prefer the almond butter! I know, I know, but it's not as moldy as the peanut butter. We were out of almond butter and I could hardly stomach the peanut butter! :o Now if it was in a Reece's Cup, it would have been a whole different story. :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
everytime i am scooping my poo out of what looks like a frech fry container into a little bottle i always think- "wow my life really is not what i expected it to be"

:lol: !!!! OMGosh! I'm sorry but this is so true for all of us!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla-

yeah i have done this test a few times and everytime i am scooping my poo out of what looks like a frech fry container into a little bottle i always think- "wow my life really is not what i expected it to be"

:lol::lol::lol: ROFLMAO!!

I've thought that before ... I have a business degree from Indiana University (well-known for their business program) ... when I was homeschooling SIX kids as a stay-at-home mom, I was REALLY thinking that!! I LOVED every minute of it (not really, but overall), but if someone had told me that was what my life was going to be, I would have run the other way!!

But scooping poop is a new low, isn't it? :lol:

miamia Rookie
:lol: !!!! OMGosh! I'm sorry but this is so true for all of us!

OHHH Donna-

Thats why i love it here - where else could people really relate to this?

I have been having almon butter a few times over the past few weeks as long as i don't over do it i seem to be relativly ok with it. I also have Peanut buttter but once a week and its in the sauce i make for asian seseme noodles(Very yummy)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

one thing he uses is these cold lasers ( they stimulate cell repair and tissue regeneration as well as stimulates immune , lymphatic and vascular system. Provides acceleration of wounds healing, attenuates pain, reduces swelling and tissue inflamation) it sounds a little like the LED thing- dosen't it?

Its similar but different...the laser treatments have been around awhile. You can learn it and do it yourself...at home. All my Dr.'s are familiar with the laser stuff but the LED is more advanced.

With LED first you are tested with either energetic testing (similar to BioSET) or muscle testing (ART) to identify which specific toxins are "blocking" you.

The first LED treatment is always for sulfur...to detox sulfur residues (from antibiotics) from your tissue so that you can then detox more efficiently. This problem by itself can prevent a person from detoxing metals.

So then they start treating the specific toxins which are overloading your system...I think usually this would start with mercury. The lasers target that particular toxin and guide it through the body (using the path with the least resistance) to then be detoxed with agents such as DMPS, charcoal, chlorella, etc. already in place.

Its really complicated and I might be "off" a little but I think thats a *close* description.

Theres not many people doing LED yet...alot of people are starting to learn it. Theres one guy in my area....we dont know how good he is yet. Its being looked into....I know someone who set up an appt. to see if this guy knows his stuff.

Its not something you'd want someone with little experience or knowledge doing for you....thats for sure. So because of how sensitive I am....if this guy doesnt seem qualified...Dr. Amy might have me go up to Bellevue.

She definately wants to do laser detox with me...she thinks I'm a perfect candidate (LOL...proof reading this and I had written "I'm a perfect Candida" :lol: Told ya my brain is fried today :P ) for this treatment and she wrote it in her "future plans" for me.

If I go to Bellevue I'm not sure exactly what the treatment is yet...if its just the cold lasers + other stuff.....or if there will be an actual LED treatment.

I know she does want to do LED with me... because of the way it addresses the sulfur issue. This is what we had talked about at my appt. but we are still waiting for test results and to get the word on how good the Dr. is here in my area....she doesnt know him and doesnt want to take a risk with someone whos inexperienced.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer
Sherry, if he's an LLMD you might want to take his name and city off your post since we talk about treatment here and they are already so persecuted ... plus, since you're getting your meds over the phone. ;)

Good point, thanks. I've done that.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
:lol: oh my lord - - - - PLEASE mind the TOXIC PERSON EXPOSURE!!!! can be very lethal and powerful and even WORSE than a moldeneding, a glutening, an auxigro exposure, and ten tick bites. :ph34r:

LOL...Susan...I cant argue with you on this.

Toxic Person Exposure (TPE) can be very serious...detrimental to the immune system and has the ability to overwhelm the body with toxins within seconds of exposure. :o

I shall proceed with caution. ;)

AndreaB Contributor
Today i had an amazing physical therapy session. This guy is really fantastic. He uses so many different methods.

So glad this is working out for you! :D

Sorry about the stool test.. :(:ph34r:

OK well, quirky and goofy :rolleyes: but that may have had more to do with the stress of the job. He "landed something like 5000 planes in his career. saw some crazy stuff.

Actually he was on when the Beatles landed. You should HEAR the stories he's got about the airline workers and the incredible amounts of chicanery that went on after hours :D

Very stressful job from what I've heard.

but the saline solution i ahve to drink tomorrow morning when i start it KILLS me I think i cried last time i had to drink it- it makes me really sick

I hope you tolerate it better this time. :(

Andrea- if you're out there I uploaded some pics of the horse show for you on DS.

Saw them unless you've added to them, but I haven't gotten another email.

Did it get stormed out?

Sorry you got moldened. :( Hope you have a great weekend and that the weather cooperates.

Now if it was in a Reece's Cup, it would have been a whole different story. :lol:

That's my old favorite. I actually have a recipe to make something like that with carob chips (which we can't have anymore) and pb (which we can't have anymore). :( It was one of my favorite treats aside from chocolate (carob) mint. I haven't tried to make anything with the enjoy life chocolate chips. Does anyone know if they melt down ok?

....she doesnt know him and doesnt want to take a risk with someone whos inexperienced.

I can't blame her. I wouldn't want you to see someone that wasn't experienced either. I'm still hoping you come up here so we can meet up. :D

jmengert Enthusiast

Hi, Andrea--I eat the Enjoy Life chocolate chips all the time (okay, too much :)) and they melt just fine. I've also made a frosting with them using their recipe on the bag. Kind of runny, but functional.

But they definitely melt okay--I just add some rice milk to help with the consistency. Over Christmas, I made peanut butter balls using the melted chips, and boy were they yummy! I LOVE Reeses' peanut butter cups, and I was trying to recreate them....

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks Julie. :D

I need to cut back on them myself. :ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Over Christmas, I made peanut butter balls using the melted chips, and boy were they yummy!

In Ohio we make Buckeyes .... Open Original Shared Link I thought people made them everywhere until I moved away from Ohio!

jmengert Enthusiast

Funny--I have a friend from Ohio who brought some home for Christmas quite a few years ago, and I had never heard of buckeyes--then I became obsessed with finding them because they were so yummy!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I hope you get the DMPS challenge Rachel but I think they still might say no. I want to compare toxicity levels of mine and yours but I think I will win with more mercury than you.

We didnt even discuss the DMPS challenge....but you're right...had I not been sitting there totally stupified...had I not dingo'd the whole freaking thought of it...had I actually asked him.....he would have said NO...I'm pretty sure of it. :rolleyes:

and YES...to you having more mercury than me. :P

I think you will win too....I've had my amalgams out almost 3 years now. The thing I'm most scared of with the DMPS challenge is that my levels will be low. :o

I would really be concerned if that were the case. Especially if I got real sick from the DMPS but the levels come out low. That would mean I'm not excreting...and that would definately trouble me.

I think thats why I'm not too antsy about taking the test right this moment...I wanna make sure my pathways are totally clear so that I'm actually excreting well when I do take the test....and can get more accurate results.

Its not a question of whether or not I'm toxic from mercury.....just a question of how well can I excrete this stuff. Apparantly he's not convinced I can excrete efficiently.....thats why he's not offering up the test. :(

I did NOT tell him about Racheling the sauna and having a minor set-back today. :ph34r:

Well, you all will be happy to know that I did NOT eat Fritos today.

GOOD FOR YOU!! :D

I thought about you today...there was a giant bag of Fritos sitting on my checkstand...I had to chuckle to myself. :lol: And no...I wasnt the least bit tempted by it. :P

May the force be with you fearless president! :lol:

Yes...I need all the force I can get. :lol:

Can't wait to hear about this...I'm thinking not this time, but probably next time...especially if he hears about the spiceship rachelling.

I'm thinking next time for sure. Even if I could speak toady...I would have conveniently dingo'd the part about the extra-long SpiceShip adventure. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Has everyone seen this trailer to the Lyme movie?

Open Original Shared Link

Carla....I've posted the link here a bunch of times but I've never actually seen the trailer. I cant view it on my computer....or my moms computer. :(

I first learned of it last year......saw the link on Scott's site. I believe the project is still not completed...there was a problem with funding. I'll have to ask Scott for an update on this. I was really excited about watching it...but I dunno when it will ever be released. :unsure:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I had to download a new Quick Time viewer to see the video. The one I had on my computer didn't work, but the free one you can download from the site did ... the link is on the page with the video.

I knew I had read about it, but didn't remember if it was here or LN.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
...then put them in a deep bowel...

ROFLMAO

Carla...I did this again!! :lol::lol:

Must be something that happens when I'm out of my mind with toxins.

I cant tell the difference from a bowl and a bowel. :ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Mia....YAY....I'm glad you had a great session today and that you're really happy with the treatment. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
How is this different than "dingo-ing"?

ROFLMAO..

OMG...tears are coming out. :lol:

dongo'ing :huh:

WTH?? :lol:

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
In Ohio we make Buckeyes .... Open Original Shared Link I thought people made them everywhere until I moved away from Ohio!

Annalise Roberts has a similar recipe in her cookbook (it might be on her website, too), except she adds gluten-free crisp rice cereal and only uses one stick of butter, I think. At any rate, it's too much work to roll all those little balls, so I usually spread the peanut mixture in a pan, and then swirl the melted chocolate on top, chill'em, and slice'em!

(sigh) Every time I check out this website, I get hungry...

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I had to download a new Quick Time viewer to see the video. The one I had on my computer didn't work, but the free one you can download from the site did ... the link is on the page with the video.

I knew I had read about it, but didn't remember if it was here or LN.

OK...I will try this when I get home. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
ROFLMAO

Carla...I did this again!! :lol::lol:

Must be something that happens when I'm out of my mind with toxins.

I cant tell the difference from a bowl and a bowel. :ph34r:

Or else you're now doing egg enemas! Ewww.

Annalise Roberts has a similar recipe in her cookbook (it might be on her website, too), except she adds gluten-free crisp rice cereal and only uses one stick of butter, I think. At any rate, it's too much work to roll all those little balls, so I usually spread the peanut mixture in a pan, and then swirl the melted chocolate on top, chill'em, and slice'em!

(sigh) Every time I check out this website, I get hungry...

In Ohio, they have to be in balls or they're not Buckeyes!!! I've never made them, but I've eaten my share. ;) I was always known for my chocolate chip cookies.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
But we eat Skyline Chili all year around!! We ate there tonight.

You have Skyline Chili??? I am soooo jealous! I got my undergrad degree in Cincinnati, and every weekend we went to Skyline for dinner and Graeter's for dessert....(no wonder I gained 10 pounds!)

I do have a copycat recipe or Skyline chili,which I make with Tinkyada pasta, of course, but somehow, it doesn't seem exactly the same....

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm gonna save the scientificness of my appt. for when my brain comes back. :P

I think it might be obvious to some of you that I'm seriously lacking right now. :lol:

Archived