This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Julie--Thanks! :)

Are you doing any better?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator

Donna- and patti- Hope your symptoms ease up soon. I'd hug you both if you were here!

Carla- Yay! Out of bed!

Rachel- Hope last night went OK.

Love to all :wub: :wub: :wub:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Hi Miamia :D I'm doing ok--I took a few days off (mostly) the computer. I just needed to keep to myself with all of the things that I've got going right now. I tend to get overwhelmed, and then it's just too much to get my thoughts together enough to post and join in the conversation.

Good to see you popping in Patti!! :)

I've been having digestive problems from the constant glutening by that sunscreen I was using. That itself causes brainfog and anxiety. Plus, I've been having palpatations and my doctor wants me to have an echo stress test. :unsure:

I know that insufficient calcium can cause this, so I went back on my calcium lactate (with magnesium in proper ratio), and within 2 days the palps are about 95% gone.

Glad the calcium/magnesium is helping :)

I had an echocardiogram and wore a 24 hour Holter Monitor 2 years ago and everything was normal with my heart. But I can't help but worry. Plus, we're going to be putting our house up for sale, and then I have to look for another house and I worry about how I'm going to manage that.

Alot of stuff going on for you Patti!! Stressful though it is I'm sure you will manage :) - keep us posted on anymore heart tests.

Ok everyone, Is it just me or has the site colour changed from blue to grey ..????

jerseyangel Proficient
Ok everyone, Is it just me or has the site colour changed from blue to grey ..????

Yes! And, is anyone else having to sign in randomly? I've had to sign in while I was in the middle of posting and writing a PM. <_< Kind of a pain....

tom Contributor

I was on when it flipped. Every click = entirely blank page.

Turns out it was a switch to diff forum-software package.

All of forum down for ~40min-1hr.

Donna - wth?? I recall something about shoulder "this is gonna hurt"(?) but THAT is insane! Hope it's better quickly!

At Normandy, you'd get a surette of morphine. Not sure *what* u can try in SJ. Aaaaaargh.

Patti! I saw what I thought was short, not particularly serious, mention of sunscreen a bit ago, but now omg I'd not known it could do so much. :blink:

For future ref - what glutefied ingred is IN there? I wouldn't have been thinking I'd need to even check if I ever (not if; when) am in a position to need sunscreen.

dlp252 Apprentice

OKay, typing really hurts, so these will be shorter than normal. :P

I have a parasite stool test I have been doing since um Tuesday. I need five more tubes for 2 different days. But doing enymas to go number 2 will mess it up and today I had moldenen diarrhea but at the library so I miss those tubes. Maybe I should carry those tubes around with me.

I HATE these stupid tests, lol. I normally have diarrhea, but as soon as it's time for one of these stupid tests, suddenly I have C!!! Happens every time. :lol:

Sometimes I believe like with peanut butter we have cravings because 1 we crave what we can't have or are bodies are in need of fat or we are lacking some nutrient of some sort I suppose.

I've heard this before too.

I think our poops should be called warheads.

:lol:

Why is your arm hurting so much? Did you hurt it or is it nerve?

I had a prolotherapy injection yesterday. Prolotherapy is an injection of sugar water, B12 and lidocaine. They inject that into the muscle at the insertion point (DOWN TO THE BONE!!)...the idea is to cause inflammation which causes blood to rush to the area which is supposed to strenghten that muscle at the insertion point at the bone. I've been having them in my neck, shoulders and elbows for a few months now...this was my last one and by far the most painful! The bad part is that because they WANT the inflammation, I can't take Advil or anything like that...has to be something that WON'T take the inflammation down. I don't like, and actually really haven't had to take anything for the pain in any of my other sessions...she prescribed vicodin on my very first appointment but I never filled the prescription...I may have to dig that up, lol.

Oh Donna, I'm so sorry...I know about pain that is so intense it makes you feel nauseous.

I hope it lessens today--you'll be in my thoughts

SO SORRY you are having such a rough morning!!!hopefully some of the pain is ebbing now and you are able to enjoy or at least particapate in your aunts bday festivities.

Donna- and patti- Hope your symptoms ease up soon. I'd hug you both if you were here!

Hi, Donna and Patti--I'm sorry you're in pain, Donna, and I hope that you feel better soon.

Thanks dear ones...hope you are better today too!

Not just you, lol.

rinne Apprentice

Dear Alison,

..... Thank you for the compliments on my avatar. That is leader of my all female Mafia. Her name is Bella Carlisi. She owns the Red Fedora nightclub.

Yes a fabulous avatar! Tell us more about Bella and the Red Fedora club. :)

I do feel really blessed....basically going from the WORST Dr.'s in the country to where I'm at now....I would have to say there's still someone watching over me from up above. :)

Blessed and a blessing. :wub:

Okay, worst pain I have ever felt in my life. Can barely move my left arm! .....

Donna I am so sorry to hear that. What do you think precipitated it? Or did I dingo that? I'm concerned about you. :( I hope you take the time to really take care of yourself today. :)

Sometimes I believe like with peanut butter we have cravings because 1 we crave what we can't have or are bodies are in need of fat or we are lacking some nutrient of some sort I suppose.

I think we can crave those things we react to and that we crave things our body needs, it can be confusing. :unsure: I suppose if we could figure out how to make sure our body was getting the nutrients it needed then it might be easier to see.

Ok I finally did go though- thank GOD!!! and i know i overfilled the tube and i don't care i am just so thankful i went and that part of the test is over!!! now i know for the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow i will be uncomfortable - this saline stuff really messes me up, but at least i took it and it did its job and i don'thve to take anymore!!!!!

Miamia, glad the worst of it is over. I know your day has got to get better. :)

... I'm doing ok--I took a few days off (mostly) the computer. I just needed to keep to myself with all of the things that I've got going right now. I tend to get overwhelmed, and then it's just too much to get my thoughts together enough to post and join in the conversation.

I've been thinking that with the move and all that entails that you might be gone a little more. :) Have you started looking for a house yet?

Mine has changed too.

I wanted to mention I thought your description of Donna's cow photo was hilarious. It was my first thought too though I've never been there.

I survived one day without almond butter but it wasn't easy. :angry::lol::(:lol: I see no difference. Harumph. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna - wth?? I recall something about shoulder "this is gonna hurt"(?) but THAT is insane! Hope it's better quickly!

At Normandy, you'd get a surette of morphine. Not sure *what* u can try in SJ. Aaaaaargh.

Well, morphine makes me sick, but I think I might chance it right now. :lol: I don't think she hit a nerve, even as bad as it is...I think it's near the rotator cuff area and it's been really sore for months anyway...I think it's just really inflammed and probably swollen in there. I'll get my massage later then soak in epsom salts and see if I can't dig up that prescription for vicodin. :P

rinne Apprentice

Hi Donna, I see we cross posted.

Yes to a prescription for pain killer. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Did they change the colors around here, or is it just my computer????

On this I must dissent.

And I think I have some convincing arguments.

I would have to agree ... I think it's more likely that celiac masks other intolerances ... and you don't notice until going gluten-free.

That wouldn't explain Jin's example ... so obviously this isn't the way it works for everyone.

Okay, worst pain I have ever felt in my life.

Hope it goes away soon.

Patti, glad to have you back!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla- Yay! Out of bed!

Yes, YAY! Still some lingering pain, mainly in my joints, also still somewhat annoyed at everything ... including the new color ... but the lingering herx symptoms should ease up within a day or so.

I'll have to make time for ecoffee and sauna today.

So, it's not just me! It's going to take some getting used to ...

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Do you still cook them like this.? Because they will lose all their nutrition.

Hi Lisa, just a quick comment on that, ALL foods lose some nutrition as molecular structure changes through cooking....but still maintain MOST of their nutritional value. (Tom? science on this please?)

Okay, worst pain I have ever felt in my life. Can barely move my left arm!

DONNA OMG I was terribly alarmed when reading your post....but kept reading and realized you'd had an injection......was about to DEMAND a trip to ER for you!!!!

Um, is this level of pain really considered normal? :unsure:

Mia - so sorry you had such a rough night, but then, so happy you overfilled the tube! yay! (oh the weird things we rejoice about over here - ha ha)

The area I live in is well-known for its antique shops. You can Google Lebanon ... they have the cutest shops ... We'd have a BLAST. The Golden Lamb is there ... so many famous people and presidents have stayed there from back when it was a stage coach stop as people were moving West ... George W has even been there ... it's like a tradition.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh this sounds fabulous!!!! My brother lives in Fort Wayne, if I"m ever in the area, I am SO looking you up and we are SO going shopping!!!! :P (wait - I seem to have dongo'd something - - you ARE in INdiana, aren't you? or is it Ohio? I can never remember.......)

oh and BTW a DONGO is even WORSE confusion and memory loss than a DINGO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Patti, so nice to see you, holy cow I hope you don't get too stressed over all you've got going on - - so glad the heart palps are better......and the wicked sunscreen! who knew! h arrumph!

Rinne - - so nice to see you as always.......

Jin asked something of me - - - have dingo/dongo'd it.........

oh - was it the spinal xrays? still no word on taht......back is better today, so painting of the most dreaded room (kitchen/dining) begins......egads..........any helpers?? ;)

Hello to everyone else! and happy Saturday!! ( I awoke and thought it was Sunday for at least 30 minutes, so everything is a little off for me today :lol:)

tom Contributor
I bought almond butter for me, thanks guys. <_< The best part I like is the oil on top. mmmm. It tasted a little rancid but I ate it anyway. . . . . .

. . . . Sometimes I believe like with peanut butter we have cravings because 1 we crave what we can't have or are bodies are in need of fat or we are lacking some nutrient of some sort I suppose.

My fav almBtr!!! I actually put unopened jars in the fridge to make it easier to POUR OFF the oil!!!!!!!! :lol:

Cravings, oh the cravings.

I'm not much of an LLRR (LymeLiterateR'villeResident), but there's no doubt in my mind that Candida physiologically neurochemically creates cravings. I don't have links to my trusted sources, but don't think it's anywhere near a controversy in the books etc.

The mainstream sites/MDs might call it hogwash ("dagnabbit!"), but . . . . .well . . . .'nuff said.

And of course the cravings are for the things that best 'feed the beast'. :angry:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Okay, couldn't take it anymore ... lying down again, but today I'm downstairs, so that's still progress.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh this sounds fabulous!!!! My brother lives in Fort Wayne, if I"m ever in the area, I am SO looking you up and we are SO going shopping!!!! :P (wait - I seem to have dongo'd something - - you ARE in INdiana, aren't you? or is it Ohio? I can never remember.......)

No, I'm in Ohio, I used to live in Indiana, but in the south part of the state near Bloomington ... Fort Wayne is up north. I'm not sure how far Fort Wayne is from Indy, but we're about a two hour drive from Indy. I would definately make the road trip to meet you there ... Indy is a great city.

rinne Apprentice

oh and BTW a DONGO is even WORSE confusion and memory loss than a DINGO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Patti, so nice to see you, holy cow I hope you don't get too stressed over all you've got going on - - so glad the heart palps are better......and the wicked sunscreen! who knew! h arrumph!

Hi Susan. :)

Yes a dongo is when we have gone beyond dingoing, in fact at the dongo stage we may not even know we have dingo'd. :lol:

tom Contributor
Yes a fabulous avatar! Tell us more about Bella and the Red Fedora club. :)

Hear Hear!! I second that!

(After the Finance test of course!)

And not if plagiarists are lurking about! :looksaroundsuspiciously: :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Do you still cook them like this.? Because they will lose all their nutrition.

I know they say microwaving damages the food...I know I'm not getting the same nutrition...but does it really lose ALL of its nutrition?? :unsure:

Well that really sucks cuz these eggs are so darned good...and easy...and no pan to CLEAN. <_<

Should I go back to making them in the pan?? :huh:

Oh...and the sulfur...microwaving cant take the sulfur outta the eggs.....can it?? :unsure:

Okay, worst pain I have ever felt in my life. Can barely move my left arm!

Donna...that sounds really bad. :(

I'm sorry you've been in so much pain...I hope your able to take something that relieves it...or that the whole thing just goes away real fast so you can enjoy your day.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

I think Rinne is right and we crave what our body needs as well as the things which will cause reactions.

I also think in the same way that candida causes sugar or alcohol craving...the fungal issues can also cause us to crave those foods which are high in mold content....peanut butter, cheese, etc.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Susan. :)

Yes a dongo is when we have gone beyond dingoing, in fact at the dongo stage we may not even know we have dingo'd. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Yeah.....I think you're right....a dongo is when we've went WAY past a dingo and should probably not even get behind the wheel of a car. :huh:

A dongo would be when the foginess has reached the level of intoxication...without any alcohol.

I think my rachelling of the detox stuff triggered a major dongo'ing yesterday. :ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm not much of an LLRR (LymeLiterateR'villeResident), but there's no doubt in my mind that Candida physiologically neurochemically creates cravings.

LLRR... :lol::lol:

Hey....you'll be an LLRR soon enough. Its unavoidable here. ;)

Soon enough you'll be answering other peoples questions about Lyme....just ask Andrea. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel- Hope last night went OK.

Bev...it went great. I posted....I ate...and I was asleep by 10:30. :)

Pretty uneventful for a Friday night. :rolleyes:

Donna...could have used your assistance last night but now I know you were out of commission. :(

Something in my room/bed keeps coming to "get" me at night. I was scared to go to sleep. My mom wanted me to sleep on the couch because I have already have 3 bites and they dont look too good. :(

I think because I'm so toxic they are just not healing like they normally would and the swelling is bigger than normal.

Somethings been buzzing around my head....it woke me up again early this morning but then nothing. Soon as I wake up the buzzing is gone and I never *see* the culprit. <_<

My mom was saying maybe I'm goin coo-coo. :rolleyes:

Then I was sitting on the bed talking to her about it and the dang thing buzzed past my ears so I jumped out of bed....and still the thing vanished into thin air....making me look like I AM really losing it!! :blink:

Stupid bug! :angry:

I dont know if the thing thats buzzing around my head at night...and waking me up is the same thing thats also been biting me....but I think it must be because they started at the same time. <_<

rinne Apprentice

Yeah.....I think you're right....a dongo is when we've went WAY past a dingo and should probably not even get behind the wheel of a car. :huh:

A dongo would be when the foginess has reached the level of intoxication...without any alcohol.

I think my rachelling of the detox stuff triggered a major dongo'ing yesterday. :ph34r:

There are days I don't drive. :ph34r::lol:

I'm not much of an LLRR (LymeLiterateR'villeResident), but there's no doubt in my mind that Candida physiologically neurochemically creates cravings.

:lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
There are days I don't drive. :ph34r::lol:

I drive fine, I just don't know where I'm going! I get totally lost going to places I go all the time.

Before I started treatment I wasn't allowed to go to the grocery store alone ... once I was so disoriented at the grocery that I had to call Adam on my cell phone.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Alot of stuff going on for you Patti!! Stressful though it is I'm sure you will manage :) - keep us posted on anymore heart tests.

Ditto Patti...

I'm glad you posted...I was getting worried about you.

I hope everything goes ok with the heart test. I know you've got alot going on right now. You'll get through it and hopefully the digestive issues clear up soon enough.

Stupid gluten! :angry:

Hang in there Patti. :wub:

tom Contributor
Oh yeah...Tom to answer your question (from pages back)....The *other* place is the Bay Area.

I was born in S.F....moved to Sunnyvale in 3rd grade and grew up there. Later moved to S.J. (borderline Cupertino).

I moved to Manteca in '99....when buying a home out there was still affordable. :)

Still work in the Bay Area...commuted till I got sick....I'm now staying at my moms Mon-Fri. till I get better. :)

OK everyone I apologize in advance for what may be 3 separate posts in a row, but they're responses to posts on 3 diff pages and THIS is a phone!!!!!! :lol: :0 :)

Holy PuddingPops Rachel!!

You've been working at a South Bay Safeway all this time??!!?? :blinks:

I *thought* I recognized u!!!

LMAO j/k but I went to the one @ Meridian & San Carlos (is that Midtown?) a lot & isn't one by Blossom Hill?

I was in the south bay for 18 yrs so I'm sure we've been to many of the same places. In the good old days did u frequent any downtown SJ clubs?

Ugh, b4 the condos came I had SO many sneaky parking strategies! Remember the BofA on 4th @ San Fernando? Key location.

All this time I thought u were Manteca & Phrez-gno and now I have no idea why!!!

If I knew where your Safeway is, I bet I could easily name one of the 3 closest decent bars!!!!!! (And prob used to be able to recite what's on tap)

Hmmmmm SJ/Cupe - u must've been to Brittania Arms?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Miamia....sounds like the saline solution was really rough on your body!! I'm glad it did the job at least and now its all over. :)

I had problems taking stuff for tests too...I know one solution I drank had benzoate as a preservative. I knew it was gonna be really heionous and sure enough...every part of my body hurt....I was so weak the next day I could barely walk. :(

Archived