This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

tabasco32 Apprentice

I was also wondering if stainless steel is ok to cook it. What would be the best for toxicity. Is a plastic steamer to steam veggies ok?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
:lol::P This made me laugh!

The good old days

How did life get so complicated?

For me life seems less complicated now....then it was at the beginning of this thread. At that time I was constantly searching and not having any clear answers.....and yeah...I went on a corn-free diet (extremely difficult) to see if that would "fix" me. :rolleyes:

I tried ALL the diets...one elimination diet after the next after the next. My mind never resting...constantly wondering WTH is going on??

It definately wasnt "The good ol days" for me.....I was pretty frusterated with not having answers. :(

So yeah...I can only speak for myself but life is better now and there will be plenty of good days to come. :)

In terms of getting to know everyone here...yeah...this whole thread has been GOOD TIMES. :D

In terms of the illness and complications its caused my life....I see it getting better with time. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I was also wondering if stainless steel is ok to cook it. What would be the best for toxicity. Is a plastic steamer to steam veggies ok?

Stainless steel is ok...I know plastic contains alot of chemicals that can leach into food. I dont know if the steamer would have that effect but I guess it could. :unsure:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Do you wash things in the grapefruit seed extract? Or do you take it?

I washed the nuts in water w/ GSE. For the almond butter I mixed it in with a couple spoonfuls of the butter. It was just an experiment....no scientificness behind it.

They do say you can use Vit C to detox molds from foods....but I cant tolerate Vit C for some reason. :rolleyes:

Theres some info about that on this mold site...

Open Original Shared Link

It does say that the Vit. C isnt effective for peanut butter due to the problems with mixing....even if you mix thoroughly. Even if the GSE was working on the molds...it wasnt so that it was killing all the mold...maybe just *some* of it.

You can experiment it with it....maybe it'll work for you since you're less sensitive. :)

I think I'm done experimenting with nuts and nut butters (at least for awhile ;) )...I think I've tried everything....I'm throwing in the towel. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yes, to more baby pictures from you, the ones we saw we just so cute.

Rinne...it was alot of fun seeing everyones pics. I LOVE that we did that. :)

I'll see if I can find more that I havent previously posted. :)

I'll put a couple of the other ones back up for Tom. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

HOLY COW...its LATE. :blink:

I guess I'm thinking my vacation has started already....sheeeesh. :rolleyes:

Bad Rachel. :ph34r:

rinne Apprentice
Yes I get all of those symptoms. Popping in the digestive tract and sometimes it goes to my back popping there too. more sensitive to noise and weak. I didn't have molden symptoms today.

I think I was going too but I got up quickly and put some whey protein in my mouth swished it and swallowed. I then drank a little too. A little in the mouth not too much.

Last winter I had the most incredible popping back, it was loud and continuously popping. Also the sensitivity to noise and light.

in terms of buying organic, I tend to develop trust with certain companies and prefer them over simply a label slapped with a symbol showing it's certified USDA organic...

I think this is wise.

Thanks,

I know isn't there some Qi, or Qui balance that could get thrown off in the mouth if teeth are removed. lol, who thought of that. :huh: Prob some ancient Chinese dude 100 million years ago. Well I'm not gonna mess with him!

I was told that each tooth connects to a meridian. :( I've lost three teeth through accidents.

The only thing I changed was I had peas, a little slice of yam and asparagus. I been constipated since I cleaned house on Tuesday. I am sssoo weak today though. I live off of a 700 to 800 calorie diet. I dont know what to do since I cant really digest much.

Anything with a skin on it, such as peas, can be hard to digest. You might want to look at an diet appropriate for someone with ulcers. :unsure:

by the way, you all are out of control with the posting in this thread B) ......

And we like it that way. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Poor little Seth! He seems highly sensitive! Maybe he will heal in time. For now, I suppose he just has to not be exposed to it. You will have to figure out what is bothering him that is in that supplement. That can be tricky.

Yes, it is challenging to figure things out with him.

Hope your test goes well.

As I wrote a line whose presence on paper got me crying, that part of the song I pasted in was on. After all the yrs wasted, it echoes a sentiment of living life to its fullest, w/ no holding back. I owe it to my brothers.

Sorry about your brother and the poignant memories that song brings up. :(

The Future of Food is a great documentary on GMO food if anyone's interested...

Sounds interesting.

We don't eat beans anymore either.

I also am saddened by the corruption of the food supply due to Monstanto's greed.

We do use some Welshire farms stuff.

AndreaB Contributor
HOLY COW...its LATE. :blink:

I guess I'm thinking my vacation has started already....sheeeesh. :rolleyes:

Bad Rachel. :ph34r:

I was wondering what you were doing up so late?

Rinne,

I thought I wanted to comment on something you said.......must go back.

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea, I thought I read something about cabbage having glutathione :unsure: which I remember thinking was interesting because last year in the midst of what I would now call the crisis point of this illness, I drank a glass of cabbage juice every day for weeks and it really helped. The down side is I haven't been able to look at cabbage since. :lol:

I don't think I'd be able to either. :lol::ph34r:

tom Contributor
Tom....glad you had a fun afternoon. :)

Hmmm...I wonder how hot it gets inside the Spiceship?? :unsure:

I'm gonna have to bring a thermometer and find out! If the SpiceShip gets over 113....well.....I dont think I would be nearly as content where you're at. :P

I can handle the heat....bring it on!! :lol:

Oh no ya don't. That 113 is the shade. We're putting you in the SUN!!

I say 130 easy. That's where the special thermometer is needed. Mine doesn't go over 130.

tom Contributor
Perhaps I must thank Tom too. :lol::angry::lol:

Aargh Another one Bites the Must.

Re: Indigos (too quick on del key to leave in what I wanted to)

Those are some good lyrics for a situation like that. Wish I could hear the song. My poor sidekick doesn't d/l like that.

One bit kept jumping out at me.

"Fasten up your earthly burdens, "

Not sure why.

tom Contributor
I'll put a couple of the other ones back up for Tom. ;)

YES!

I'm gonna switch now. It'll be me and lil bro Pete. Not sure how old.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Lisa,

I am sorry about the symptoms you are having. I get those a lot, too. Some of it may be your blood sugar. People with Candida tend to have low blood sugar. Blood pressure being too low can do that as well. I can understand why you would be nervous about the dairy considering the issues it causes. :(

Dairy is really not a good food for a lot of people. It constipates most people, actually. That is due to it causing mucus in the colon! That is something most people do not know about. I only can eat cheese or low-lactose items. Chocolate bars are alright, but no pudding or yogurt!

Dear Rinne,

I think it was a piece of the cooked egg from what RiceGuy told me that flew off onto his eyelid. :o It would be quite painful. You see, he had poked it with a fork. He did not realize the pressure would cause it to blow! This was an egg bomb! :lol:

You made me think of one of my favorite songs. Music is good for the soul. No matter if you are grieving, or angry, there is always a perfect song waiting for you! :) Music is wonderful that way. One of my favorite songs is "My Immortal" by Evanesence.

Dear tom,

You and your little brother are so cute! I am surprised that it was not dated. A lot of our old ones are Polaroids. I love the old Polaroid. I would love to get a pink one!

Dear Christine,

I will be sure to keep the MultiStix in mind. I had no idea they could test for all of that stuff! That is something!

They seem well worth the money! Finally, something that we can use at home that tells us what lab results may not and for less money!

Dear Charlie,

I agree that standards are lacking in the USDA. Organic is anything pretty much that is not exactly like the loaded chemical laden stuff we typically see at the store. Real health foodies know most of the produce is Frankenfood. I wish I could afford the non-GMO stuff, but I cannot. That documentary sounds interesting. Where can you get a copy of it?

Dear Everyone,

I just got a copy of Women First magazine. Guess what they have in it? Not one, but two great articles on Leaky-Gut Syndrome, and then the second article is about the chemicals from water bottles being dangerous. They tell you what to look for to insure safety. The Leaky-Gut article has a diet with concentrated rice protein powder as a smoothie ingredient.

I am thinking about giving it a try. I know that detox could cause trouble, though. I think first I should do the rotation diet and the food journal. Then perhaps the other diet would be a good idea. I am happy to say I have decreased my caffeine intake.

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice

I'm so jealous of Rachel's VACATION!!!! :lol: I want one! :P

I think I had an epiphany last night...one would think I had bad insomnia, but actually I slept quite well. I think I am going to have to give up my beloved nut butters and nuts for a while. I hate to cuz they really help keep me full...but they may also be part of the wild Frito cravings in some odd way. I just have to figure out WHAT I can eat in their place....wonder if I can do avocados yet...that would do it...

In fact, I feel so guilty(?) about feeling so good, I'm ready to take blame for Fritos, choco-face rinne-regret, etc!!!!!

Bring it on, I say!!!

Had a ball w/ visitors this afternoon. My lil bro sure had himself a heckuva wife & older daughter!!

:lol: Glad you had a great time!

W/ the little Frito bags, it might be the opening of bag #2 that crosses the line?

Yep...that'd be it. :P

it's been worse the past couple weeks, and I'm actually taking that as a positive sign... when I first started my ABX, I didn't really have the brain fog I was expecting and I was mildly disappointed (I guess as disappointed as one can get that one can actually form some semblance of a thought process)... but sure enough it kicked in after a week or 2 and has been present to a large extent since then... I'm inclined to think that the lyme is the major cause of my neurological symptoms and with them intensifying recently on ABX, I think it goes further to confirm these symptoms are tied to the lyme...

I think I'm taking a step back to take a number of steps forward with this ABX treatment but I was aware that could happen before I started them... it's probably good for me in the long run, but it still sucks in the meantime... though I think it would have been much worse if I hadn't been feeling respectably better earlier this year before treatment and went into the ABX at a certain level of health... I'm still able to do most of what I was doing before starting the ABX, I just don't feel quite as good doing it all...

See, this is exactly why I'm afraid to start abx! I've been feeling relatively good lately...much more energy, and I'm afraid of going backward with the treatments. :(

Listened to it on the way to see lil bro's wife today and got emotional at the exact same spot of the song that was on while writing the other day.

Yep, there's a couple of songs that'll get me every time I hear them...makes me think of my dad.

Amy's instructions were for Anna to test me for glutathione and milk thistle in 2 months. I did not test well for them right now but she does want me to be taking them eventually. I dont know how the glutathione will be administered....I know some Dr.'s do glutathione IV's.

Its another question that I have for Dr. S. tomorrow.

Yep, he does IV glutathione...said that might be a possibility for me. Right now he has me on an oral supplement of it...not sure why he didn't put me on a precursor, but I can ask him that on Tuesday.

dlp252 Apprentice

And part 2 :lol:

Actually I get off before you.....I'm on VACATION!!!

:P Jealous, jealous, jealous!!! But I have a one hour massage schedule for tomorrow! So there. :P

I'd like a copy as well... I'll pm you my email address...

Okie dokie!

The only thing I changed was I had peas, a little slice of yam and asparagus. I been constipated since I cleaned house on Tuesday. I am sssoo weak today though. I live off of a 700 to 800 calorie diet. I dont know what to do since I cant really digest much.

Wow, 700 to 800 isn't very many calories...is that just because you can't eat much? Gosh what can we do to get some calories into you?!

by the way, you all are out of control with the posting in this thread B) .. this thread alone has more replies than every other sub-forum on this board except for 3 of them... given enough time, I'm sure they'll be overtaken as well...

:lol: Indeed...at least it isn't as bad as it was LAST summer....I think we had an average of 15-20 pages a day!

I'm gonna switch now. It'll be me and lil bro Pete. Not sure how old.

Very cute pic!

I am thinking about giving it a try. I know that detox could cause trouble, though. I think first I should do the rotation diet and the food journal. Then perhaps the other diet would be a good idea. I am happy to say I have decreased my caffeine intake.

Good plan...the rotation diet (it was also anti-candida/yeast) really was helpful for me...I did that for six months and wasn't sick once during that time...it was the crusie (the one that I've been posting pics of) that I took in August 2005 that did me in...but that was also what led me to the gluten/casein connection.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I think I'm taking a step back to take a number of steps forward with this ABX treatment but I was aware that could happen before I started them... it's probably good for me in the long run, but it still sucks in the meantime...

Yes, this is how I look at herxes, which could easily be seen as setbacks! I was doing great for a couple weeks ... then this herx hit, the past three days I've been bushed. I have nothing on the schedule today and it's raining (boy, do we need it!), so I'm staying in bed most of the day!

I'll do my ecoffee and sauna later, then I'll probably go watch a movie downstairs.

Now that my bedroom is decorated, it's my favorite room of the house! :rolleyes:

Anyway, (see how my brain wanders?) I think that resting and detoxing is key ... then after the herx, you feel somewhat better than before. That is how I look at the herxes in a positive way, otherwise it would be easy to get discouraged.

I kind of felt sluggish all the time in the beginning of the meds. That will let up soon.

So what has glutathione in it.....aside from whey protein, undenatured? :unsure:

My LLMD has me on NAC and Alpha Lipoic Acid. Be sure to take NAC away from food/supplements/meds.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night, so I took it then. I leave my meds that need to be taken alone on my nightstand so that if I wake up I can take them. It makes the daily schedule easier when I do that! LOL :lol: Then every two hours during the day I think, what can I take now? I'm ruled by my meds.

dlp252 Apprentice

Hey Rachel...just had a thought... (look out :lol: )

If we both end up having IV anythings...we should schedule them on the same days, that way we have someone to talk to. :P

Course, you have your cell phone...but if it works better for you, you can call me on my cell phone in the seat next to you. :lol:

(Okay, I'm feeling good today...slept okay and no Fritos to bog me down)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I am sssoo weak today though. I live off of a 700 to 800 calorie diet. I dont know what to do since I cant really digest much.

I would be very weak on that few calories, too. I'd really think about what you can tolerate so you can raise the calories you are eating. I douse everything in coconut oil ... being a fat, it adds a good dose of calories. It's also very good for you and kills off candida, so if you do use it, you might want to start out slowly.

For me life seems less complicated now....then it was at the beginning of this thread. At that time I was constantly searching and not having any clear answersSo yeah...I can only speak for myself but life is better now and there will be plenty of good days to come. :)

In terms of getting to know everyone here...yeah...this whole thread has been GOOD TIMES. :D

In terms of the illness and complications its caused my life....I see it getting better with time. :)

This is all the same for me. Things are much less complicated now that I know what I'm treating and have all of you to go through it with.

I think I am going to have to give up my beloved nut butters and nuts for a while. I hate to cuz they really help keep me full...but they may also be part of the wild Frito cravings in some odd way. I just have to figure out WHAT I can eat in their place....wonder if I can do avocados yet...that would do it...

Are you eating enough fat? All the things you mention are high in fat.

See, this is exactly why I'm afraid to start abx! I've been feeling relatively good lately...much more energy, and I'm afraid of going backward with the treatments. :(

It's not really going backwards, the treatment is lowering the bacterial load which causes the herx, but afterward you feel so much better! By the end of a couple weeks of feeling good, I'm ready for the next herx because I know I'll even feel better afterward.

Maybe what you're doing is working, but don't look at herxes as going backwards, they're really the opposite.

UR Groovy Explorer

Dear fajitas,

Hello and welcome to the thread!

Thanks much. I've been checking this thread every once in a while - it's interesting and amusing, but really long. I'm curious about this metal toxicity thing, so I'll be back, I'm sure. But this thread ... I wouldn't know where to begin.

Take care,

k

CarlaB Enthusiast
Thanks much. I've been checking this thread every once in a while - it's interesting and amusing, but really long. I'm curious about this metal toxicity thing, so I'll be back, I'm sure. But this thread ... I wouldn't know where to begin.

Take care,

k

You just begin right here and ignore the fact that there are previous pages. :)

dlp252 Apprentice
Are you eating enough fat? All the things you mention are high in fat.

It's not really going backwards, the treatment is lowering the bacterial load which causes the herx, but afterward you feel so much better! By the end of a couple weeks of feeling good, I'm ready for the next herx because I know I'll even feel better afterward.

Maybe what you're doing is working, but don't look at herxes as going backwards, they're really the opposite.

Well, that's just it, if I don't eat the nuts and nut butters, I don't get enough fat and I end up eating way too much protein (I eat a lot as it is)...I really need fat to keep me full. That's why I was thinking avocado...delicious and high in good fats. I add oil to my cooking too...olive and coconut oils.

Yep, I'll have to adjust my thinking on the herxing thing, lol. It's just similar to what Tom was saying...I'm just afraid the feeling good will go away.

dlp252 Apprentice

Take care,

k

Yeah, we don't go back (much) either... if we need to know something we ask again! :lol: There is a search feature that will only search this thread though.

So, just jump on in and ask a question about metal toxicity and you'll get all kinds of responses...just don't wait too many days to check the thread after that! :lol: Either that or make a note of the page your post ended up on and start reading from there. :P

tom Contributor
Dear tom,

Yes, the pudding explosion was hilarious, but messy! It was everywhere! In my hair, on the wall, on the counter, the Kitchen Aid did not escape it either! :lol:

Just thinking of the phrase Pudding Explosion still cracks me up, even before the visual of its aftermath. :lol:

[band Chicago on Today Show reminded me of another health-related song. "Feelin' Stronger Every Day". A good one to hear during recovery on a day when progress is evident.] :)

The Midwestern winters are kind of odd. At least, where I live, the weather is really strange. Sometimes we have cold weather, other times not at Christmas. There are times where it has been 56 degrees on Christmas Day, and other times we have temperatures below freezing with snow.

Ya I do remember some winters getting a slow start. Seemed Jan/Feb were consistently frigid tho.

The test Rinne referred to is my Final Exam for Finance. I am nervous about it. This course is so hard. I will obtain my Associate's degree if I pass it.

Congrats!!! I had no idea u were that CLOSE!!! :) I think we think u passed. :)

Dear Mia,

I have no idea how you are doing all of this! I barely have the energy to do anything half the time!

No kiddin'!! I meant to say so earlier.

Not only did I get into a pudding explosion, but managed to set my hair on fire a while back. Did I tell you about that?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fritos are so hard to stop eating! They just taste so good! Probably because of all the msg they likely have, too! Why does it have to be in everything? Oh, cruel fate! :(

I was bummed to hear here recently that the msg can be snuck in before harvest. (Did I get that right?) aaaargh they should be so ashamed!!

So then even if the pkg has 3 simple ingred, still maybe msg. Too sad.

Dear Grump,

What have you been up to? I have done nothing cool like fishing. Tom thinks I would enjoy it. I told him not if worms were involved!

But just the one type of no-bait spawning-salmon fishing, since they're done eating.

The scenery is pretty grand too. At least for all my salmon fishing in Alaska. Pix cannot do justice to the shear magnitude of all things natural there.

Donna - such a cute little u in cute pix!!

I was surprised to find mine in color. Had seen so many b/w.

Mine is staying stretched for me, tho. Prior times a refresh cured that. Maybe I should try redo-ing the upload. Hmmmm

Is it not stretched for all of u? I'd guess it's not.

Now who else haven't I seen??

Lisa, your pic spot looks so lonely. It needs a pic - any pic!

Charlie!

I meant to comment on the pgm'g last time u popped thru. I am/was an elec engr so did some but not like the actual pgmrs.

And you've actually created a GAME???

I still remember being amazed when Wolf3D came out, ushering in a whole new ballgame for gaming.

Cracks me up thinking those stupid side-scrollers were the cutting-edge. I never bothered w/ them.

Oh and plz(!) help me reassure ppl on the safety & ubiquity of java (tho not jscript), and if familiar, the awesomeness of OpenOffice.

Rachel - your 2 places are Manteca and *where*?

<trying to get w/ the post-combining crowd> (but hey!! I'm so close to the magic 500 I should wait!)

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, trying an experiment:

Looked good in preview, but didn't work! Pshaw!

Archived