This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Ah thx. Lotta words.

Yeah...its not just for you.

I post for everyone....some people like detail. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
attornery? That's perfect!!! :D

:lol::lol:

I like that one!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Laura....did you get a new car??

Or is that car on your wishlist? :D

I'm still trying to decide what I want. Nothing is really jumping out at me yet. <_<

rinne Apprentice
See, this is why I thought I should just pull a Rachel and eat my two remaining open jars! In one sitting...just like the ice cream wipeout episode a few hundred pages ago.

:ph34r::lol: I'm not saying a thing. :lol:

Someone from the dentist office called me back. Of course the dentist would not...and will not speak with me.

Well done Rachel. :)

It is so important to speak up.

It is also wonderful to hear the strength and clarity in your words. Wow, if you are this strong now just imagine what you will accomplish once you are well. :)

I can't believe I landed here. I'm thrilled. Thank you,

k

You are very welcome and thank you for joining us, we like making new friends. :)

Hehe I de-re-disagree? Double negative works?

Yes, debate esta finito; pistol barrels unsullied.

After your Health Care Industry comment, I had to stop and think to make sure the beginning wasn't about *THAT*!!

I'd never defend that pack of weasels.

But for a flash I thought maybe all my undeLymifiable jabbering was misplaced!

Heehee

And I'd never disagree that there's a ghastly amount of bad science and profiteering etc. :ph34r:

I always meant to try that. An Acupuncturist recommended ginger medallions once. Grated sounds like more gingery goodness into water.

Do u whistle while u work?

Was that day3? What's the plan now?

Are some attack geese Canadian ones? Did their training include understanding that "oot" means "out"?

"He'p keep'er oot da butta, eh?"

My great-grandmother travelled alone from Scotland with a pearl handled pistol, the women in my family have never been afraid of a scrap. :lol:

I suspect much of my apparent antagonism towards science is precisely because of that pack of weasels. :lol:

I already said I am saying nothing more about almond butter. :ph34r::lol: But I will tell you the offending substance is no longer present. :lol:

You're being kind, Andrea. I was thinking he had his head elsewhere

:lol:

I am one sad dingo.

Susan, sending hugs and :wub: :wub: :wub: I am so sorry to hear that, please don't berate yourself for being yourself. :( You are a fierce dingo woman and you have lived your life that way, now your body is telling you that you will have to find another way to express that.

I know that you will do that but now is a time to be sad, I'm sad for you. :(

Hi to everyone else! I hope it's not too hot where you are; it's 90 something here, and we don't have AC in our house. I'm cooking chicken in the oven now, which is not helping matters!

Hi Julie. :) It has cooled down here but we had hot weather and tornadoes last week.

dlp252 Apprentice
oh you guys.

I am one sad dingo.

Aw Susie, I'm so sad for you! My mom has disk problems...one reason why I try to hard to keep some level of fitness...does the doctor think the weight lifting contributed?

As so many have already said, we are here for you!

Oh u two!

THAT's why I never tried a test w/ it around.

<honk> <honk> <HONK!honk>

Gilbert says toss 'em!!

(his cousin Duckduck agrees)

Oh what does Gilbert know anyway. :lol: Harumph! :lol:

Rachel - sounds like a great conversation you had...yeah, it was probably their legal rep who you talked to. Not really surprised by anything except maybe the fact that she agreed with some of your points. :P

Tom - no experience with bone chips, at least I don't think so...I do have a kind of bone spur in my neck...wonder if that is the same thing. They saw it on one of my xrays a couple months ago.

Carla - wow, I had never heard of klebsiella until they told me I had it back in January, lol.

~~~

Well, I had my follow up with Dr. S...nothing really new to report. I was slightly disappointed with the appointment, but just because we seemed to go over stuff we already went over. He repeated the same warning about ALA as Rachel did earlier, guess he forgot HE was the one who told me to take it. Anyway, he was pleased that I am also taking chlorella and pectasol to bind with anything that gets mobilized.

He didn't add anything new as far as supplements, but wants me to up the dosage on a couple. He asked how I was doing with the cumanda that Scott suggested and I told im so far so good. He said it's really important for me to take lots of magnesium and glutathione...I forgot to ask why he is having me take the glutathione directly and not the precursors.

He was very encouraging about my future recovery though and that was nice. But he is quite conerned about two huge things that might really hinder it...my mold exposure and my stress level at work.

I told him my stress level will most likely be pretty high for the next month because my co-worker is leaving on vacation Thursday...that means more work and stress for me. He doesn't want me to take on any more work. :( He said he wants me to relax and rest as much as possible. Maybe even work later in the day because my adrenals are still fatigued, and the later hours might help. I already made arrangements to adjust my shift a bit later while my co-worker is gone, but only by an hour.

Anyway, he asked if I could take some time off when she gets back...I DO plan to take a couple of days off, but I was so sick last year that I only have about 7 days of time off left. :(

So that was basically it. I don't need to see him again until the end of summer. I sure hope by then I can start treating SOMETHING! :P I don't think he wants to treat until I get the mold thing taken care of. OMGosh, he said I should keep dust, mold, damp to a minimum. I am such a horrible housekeeper... Yikes! :(

rinne Apprentice
See, this is why I thought I should just pull a Rachel and eat my two remaining open jars! In one sitting...just like the ice cream wipeout episode a few hundred pages ago. :lol:

:ph34r::lol: I'm not saying a thing. :lol:

Someone from the dentist office called me back. Of course the dentist would not...and will not speak with me. :rolleyes:

Well done Rachel. :)

It is so important to speak up.

It is also wonderful to hear the strength and clarity in your words. Wow, if you are this strong now just imagine what you will accomplish once you are well. :)

I can't believe I landed here. I'm thrilled :) . Thank you,

k

You are very welcome and thank you for joining us, we like making new friends. :)

Part 1

rinne Apprentice

Part 2

Hehe I de-re-disagree? Double negative works?

Yes, debate esta finito; pistol barrels unsullied.

After your Health Care Industry comment, I had to stop and think to make sure the beginning wasn't about *THAT*!!

I'd never defend that pack of weasels.

But for a flash I thought maybe all my undeLymifiable jabbering was misplaced!

Heehee

And I'd never disagree that there's a ghastly amount of bad science and profiteering etc. :ph34r:

I always meant to try that. An Acupuncturist recommended ginger medallions once. Grated sounds like more gingery goodness into water.

Do u whistle while u work?

Was that day3? What's the plan now?

Are some attack geese Canadian ones? Did their training include understanding that "oot" means "out"?

"He'p keep'er oot da butta, eh?" :P

My great-grandmother travelled alone from Scotland with a pearl handled pistol, the women in my family have never been afraid of a scrap. :lol:

I suspect much of my apparent antagonism towards science is precisely because of that pack of weasels. :lol:

I already said I am saying nothing more about almond butter. :ph34r::lol: But I will tell you the offending substance is no longer present. :lol:

You're being kind, Andrea. I was thinking he had his head elsewhere :ph34r:

:lol:

I am one sad dingo.

Susan, sending hugs and :wub: :wub: :wub: I am so sorry to hear that, please don't berate yourself for being yourself. :( You are a fierce dingo woman and you have lived your life that way, now your body is telling you that you will have to find another way to express that.

I know that you will do that but now is a time to be sad, I'm sad for you. :(

Hi to everyone else! I hope it's not too hot where you are; it's 90 something here, and we don't have AC in our house. I'm cooking chicken in the oven now, which is not helping matters!

Hi Julie. :) It has cooled down here but we had hot weather and tornadoes last week.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jmengert Enthusiast

Hi, Rinne--Glad to hear it cooled down. Tornadoes are a scary thing, though; I'm lucky to live in an area where we just don't have them. We're supposed to cool down by the weekend, thank goodness.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hello all - hope you're doing well. I've been reading about things (here - in Rachelville)

Rachel (or anyone else with suggestions),

I'm really thinking about checking into my mercury levels. I can't help but want to know where I fall in this. There's maybe 10 reasons why mercury would make sense in my case.

Question - what sort of practice would do testing for this?

I can't believe I landed here. I'm thrilled :) . Thank you,

k

Kat,

Integrative Dr.'s, LLMD's (Lyme Dr.'s), Naturopaths....lots of different Dr.'s do testing for mercury toxicity. The mainstream Dr.'s only test for acute toxicity which is useless.

Any urine test without some time of chelator taken beforehand is useless. The chelator binds with mercury in your body and its excreted in the urine. They can then measure the levels of mercury and other metals.

Thats the best method of testing....hair analysis is often used as well. The only problem with hair analysis is that the most mercury toxic people are not excreting any of it...they're holding onto it...unable to detox it.

If your body isnt detoxing the mercury for some reason...it will show low levels in the hair....even though you may be highly toxic. Same thing can happen with the provoked urine test if for some reason your body cant release the mercury...not as common as with hair though.

I've only had hair analysis and the levels were very low because I'm not detoxing mercury. I have never taken the provoked urine test because I am having too many problems detoxing and I have chemical sensitivities. My Dr. just doesnt want me to take this test right now.

We already know I'm mercury toxic but we would like to know the levels....eventually I will have the test done and eventually I will have chelation.

We're glad you landed in here too. :)

christine 25 Newbie

I heard someone mention Dental compatibility testing. The clifford test.

I am thinking about getting it done but I am not sure because it is so much money.

I can't seem figure out what material is bothering me, if it is the ceramic crown, the glass ionomer cement, or the composite resin material, that is leaking? I suspect it might be the cement thats actually holding the crown in place, because it leaches flouride, but im not sure. Or if it is the root canal itself.

I wonder what filling materials they consider to be safe, because I seem to be reacting to something, and Ive never had mercury in my mouth before.

A composite fell out the other day, and the dentist replaced it. I still have some sensitivity. He said he can redo the crown for free (this will be the third time!) but he doesnt think its going to make a difference.

Has anyone had the test done? I would have to go to my holistic dentist for this, ill be seeing him on the 10th here in Ohio, Im just worried that he is not as skilled as my previous dentist. I feel like Im cheating on him or something, he has been really good to me, Im hesitant about asking them for copies of x-rays, I dont like confrontation, I don't want them to know Im seeing another dentist. Espically since their office has been so nice to me and I am there all the time!

Curious about people's results.

And Im nervous that I'll have to get everything relaced! after $6,800 worth of work, I don't have the extra cash. I am nervous about the Holistic thing, I dont want to be let down. :o

nervous a lot? :D <---- (this emoticon has a nice smile, I never noticed that before)

Also, I havent gotten my results back yet for the protein, my Dr is on vacation, I suspect that all is well tho because the office hasnt called.

C

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
My doc says to take them 30 minutes before a meal or after if I forget, but they have to be an hour before abx (or two hours after). All my meals include abx, so I take the probiotics during the day away from everything, at least two hours apart from abx.

I don't think it's a bad idea to take them twice daily. My LLMD has Chloe taking probiotics in the morning and abx in the evening. You can take your two pills both at the same time (I do).

I use Ultra Flora and Theralac. They're stronger than what you buy at the health food store. Looking at long-term abx, I'd really recommend the Theralac.

seems that the consensus is to take the probiotics a half hour or so before food... I know my mom takes her probiotic in the morning before eating... I might run it by my nutritionist for her perspective but I'll probably start taking it before food instead...

I'm satisfied with my probiotics for now (klaire labs, can only get them through my nutritionist, they're not sold in stores or online)... I used to take the ultra flora way back when I started my first elimination diet in late 2005 (it's metagenics, right?)... I've heard good things about theralac as well.. or maybe threelac... I get them mixed up.. but I think it was cassidey and maybe lymetoo who always mentioned them on the candida threads

I had my appt with my LLMD today... gonna bump up the ABX to twice a day so I'm definitely gonna bump up the probiotics to twice a day as well.. and maybe take caprylic acid at times..

I know it's not quite your schedule carla, but with the 2x a day for antibiotics and probiotics as well as my other supplements (multi-vit, coq10, etc.) and considering I eat every 2, maybe 3 hours, I'm gonna have fun trying to get everything in each day and away from food and other supplements as needed... I did it when I started the mino at twice a day initially but only for two days and had to write a rough schedule in the morning to plan out everything..

tom Contributor
Yeah...its not just for you.

I post for everyone....some people like detail. ;)

. . . . . . . . . Ya, I know. Sorry. I'm in a weird mood, and w/ my quote at top I got snippy.

Pls forget it happened. Thank u.

:)

christine 25 Newbie

Speaking of mercury.

I've got good news, I think!?

found out some interesting stuff online about the thiol chelator DMSA or "Succimer" more specifically

I read that monoisoamyl DMSA (MiADMSA) which is a monoester of tradition DMSA, it is more potent and lipophilic in nature, which means it likes fat, and it can swim through the lipid bilayer in the cell and bind to the mercury hidden and bonded to DNA deeply inside, and so it can get to the brain too.

I guess traditional DMSA is water disliking, "lipophopic" in nature, and it can not penetrate through the lipid bilayer to get into intracelluar spaces, it is better for soft tissue and blood.

Where as MiADMSA can.

Hey Mia!!! ( just thought of that) :D

Supposedly more mercury is tightly bound and mobliized, carried out and this is true and espically when it is co-administered with Vitamin E, which is a fat soluable vitamin, shown superiour in comparison to Vit. C which is water soluable.

DMSA co administered with MiADMSA is also way more effective than DMSA alone.

That may explain why some people dont get fully better with chelation, or get worse, because traditional DMSA and DMPS cannot penetrate inside the cell membrane and get to the mercury that is stored there. (this is just from reading of PUBMED articles and scientific journals, Im not sure of course Im not a scientist!) But it seems logical.

But there is hope it looks like with this MiaDMSA. or custom chelator combinations.

I'll post more soon...

"Clinical chelation therapy of mercury poisoning generally uses one or both of two drugs--meso-dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) and dimercaptopropanesulfonic acid (DMPS), commercially sold as Chemet and Dimaval, respectively. We have used a combination of mercury L(III)-edge X-ray absorption spectroscopy and density functional theory calculations to investigate the chemistry of interaction of mercuric ions with each of these chelation therapy drugs. We show that neither DMSA nor DMPS forms a true chelate complex with mercuric ions and that these drugs should be considered suboptimal for their clinical task of binding mercuric ions. We discuss the design criteria for a mercuric specific chelator molecule or "custom chelator", which might form the basis for an improved clinical treatment."

:D

Has anyone heard of MiADMSA before?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
So that was basically it. I don't need to see him again until the end of summer. I sure hope by then I can start treating SOMETHING! :P

Donna,

Sorry you had a dissapointing appt. :(

My second appt. with him was kind of like that too...or maybe it was the 3rd appt...cant remember. All I know is we went over alot of the same stuff. Dave was with me and he was disappointed....even more than me! :blink:

I always read up on the supplements first...no matter who wants me to take it. I'm real careful about the supplements. I figure theres no way Dr. S. can know what my body's gonna be able to tolerate or not. So far its only the Whey Protein and folate that he's put me on. I'm deficient in Folate.

Turned out I cant take the folate w/out B-12. I wasnt taking it anyway but if I was it would have done nothing beneficial for me.

I think you really have to talk to him about all your concerns. Did you talk about Lyme treatment? Co-infection testing?

I've been making sure we talk about everything on my mind so that I know where we're headed with each issue.

Also you could ask Scott what he thinks about this. I know Scott doesnt see Dr. S for Lyme...he sees him for heavy metals and parasites I believe. I stay with him because heavy metals is my main issue and hes been doing chelation/detox for alot of years. I think one of the most experienced in the area.

I know he knows his stuff but he doesnt like to move fast with toxic people at all. He'd rather do the baby steps thing....take stressors off the body...build up with supplements...work on detox...all that stuff comes first with him.

If you're taking glutathione directly then thats actually better than taking the precursers. I'm taking precursers because I tested badly for glutathione in ART but not the prescursers. The precursers have to "build" up glutathione in the body. If I could handle it I would want to try the IV Glutathione.

I think you would feel better if you knew how he intends to proceed with you. I'm never good at writing down all my questions ahead of time but I've been pretty good about remembering everything I want to ask.

If I dont ask enough questions I always feel disappointed. OMG...no matter who I see I never shut up. I have to know *everything*. :rolleyes:

In the end I do feel better about things though.

If you end up feeling like you're not making progress with Dr. S. I would ask Scott about some of the other Dr.'s...I'm sure he knows all of them and can give you some feedback on who would be best for your situation.

christine 25 Newbie

I actually took ALA, about a month after I got sick, form the evil sea chemicals (prob had mercury in there) I acutally used to be a vegeterian for 10 years, and was a big hippy really into herbals and supplements, and nutirion my whole life. I had an extremely healthy diet. That didnt stop me from getting sick!

Poison can do a lot to a person, bad diet or good diet.

But anyway,,,Out of all the supplements, the ALA, and the grape seed extract seemed to make me feel a little bit better.

But I noticed that the ALA stopped working! It worked at first, I felt better, but then it made me feel worse after a while. I guess its good in reducing oxidative stress, not for mobilizing metals. It is in the thiol family tho. The grape seed extract has phenols in it which bind to iron and other metals, and so I tried this chelation, but it wasnt stong enough.

I wouldnt mind trying somthing stronger like DMSA.

uhh ohh, here I go again, experiemting on myself,,, with chemicals!

Somebody stop me.

acutally if I were to do chelation, I would have to take an antioxidant along with it, and also load up on them before hand. to prepare my body. and saturate it with glutatione, so the chelation wont backfire. That would take a lot of stree off my mind.

It seems like antioxidants like (vitamin E, or Alpha lipoic Acid) + a thiol chelator like DMSA, in combination is the best bet for mercury detox. According to the articles I have read, and Im sure everyone already knows all that, but its fun to repeat.

:rolleyes:

(she sounds kinda crazy)

AndreaB Contributor

Lots of good points Rachel.

Donna, you can go in next time loaded down with questions. :) I would be dissapointed too. You spend a lot of time looking forward to appointments and steps to health and then nothing happens or you have to take a detour you hadn't know about.

Has your shoulder continued to improve today?

I don't know what you're going to be able to do about your work, not to mention your house. :( When do you get your vacation again. Maybe you could try and schedule heavier treatment to coicide with when you can take vacation again.

My mom just asked me if we were taking vacation this year or not. Mitch only gets a week. I haven't told her about any of what we are wanting to do with ART. Maybe I'll tell her this weekend.......maybe Talitha will bring it up too. :blink:

Tired mommy must be getting "should be getting tired" children to bed soon.......daddy's not home yet, poor Seth. He loves saying goodnight to daddy and doesn't understand when he's not home. :( One reason why we stay up later, so they have a chance to say goodnight to daddy anyway.

Too many pages back I asked what kind of game u pgm'd. FPS? Hehehe <bang! Bang!>

not a FPS... in terms of the structure of the game, it would be similar to Grand Theft.. open city environment with mission-based gameplay as well as entertaining (in theory of course) non-mission based gameplay... not really similar to Grand Theft in the other game aspects though like the general theme of the game and gameplay itself...

oh, and I didn't program it, just wrote up a design document for it... all games have what is called design documents, which detail character information, gameplay aspects, description of the environment, etc... my programming background from college enabled me to have a better gist of how things I design could potentially be programmed and how easy or difficult they would be to implement but I did nothing more than some pseudo-coding for the game..

Chloe hasn't had a headache since she's been on the medication -- they used to be daily. We still have one more med to add in. She has a little more joint pain that she used to, but I don't think that's abnormal ... the Lyme is getting stirred up.

I'd say she is definately responding to abx (in both a positive and negative way), so it's making it pretty clear that the clinical diagnosis was correct.

great to hear that... amazing, at least to me, that her headaches cleared up just like that... just such a foreign concept to me to not have a headache... though for a while now, mine have generally been much less intrusive and more benign than they used to be

My husband is a PhD chemist, and says that ANY chemist knows the toxicity of mercury. That's why mercury thermometers have been replaced with digital ones. There are documented cases of people DYING from exposure to mercury (even a chemist he knew, who wore double gloves--the mercury burned right through her gloves, and she eventually died of exposure to the one or two DROPS that touched her skin).

surprised your husband knew her... I read about her story a while back... amazing mercury was so toxic in her case as she had taken all the proper precautions in the lab setting (hood for inhalation vapors, gloves, etc.)...

I'm actually cooking chicken as well.. and it was hot as hell here today although I do at least have working AC now after it was fixed a week ago... broke the same weekend I bought my 37 inch HD TV and I didn't even stay to hook it up when I brought it up to my apartment.. it was 85 degrees in my apartment, which may be ideal weather for rachelville's temperature-challenged president, but is at least 10 degrees past what I'm willing to tolerate for more than a couple minutes...

From the previous link..

All mercury is toxic, but each form is toxic in its own way.

"You can hold the silvery liquid mercury from a thermometer in your hand and nothing would happen," says John Winn. "The danger of liquid mercury is in its vapor."

That

Rachel--24 Collaborator
That may explain why some people dont get fully better with chelation, or get worse, because traditional DMSA and DMPS cannot penetrate inside the cell membrane and get to the mercury that is stored there.

When people get worse while taking DMPS or DMSA its because they cant excrete what they are mobilizing....or they are reacting to the chelator itself. If the chelators couldnt "get to" the mercury then there would be no worsening of symptoms caused by redistribution of metals.

The chelators are effective....there are several chelators...all effective for different areas of the body. It has to be done in order and it has to be done when the body is ready is for it.

You dont want to take anything thats going to chelate intracellular mercury until you've detoxed all extracellular mercury first. This is what results in redistribution to the brain...not a good thing.

People get worse when they attempt to take these chelators while they still have all the road blocks up. Where's that mercury suppossed to go? Most of it will get redistributed.

DMPS is very effective for chelating mercury.....provoked urine tests show this to be true. Its not a weak chelator by any means.

DMSA is also effective but is primarily used to chelate lead...it does chelate mercury as well.

ALA crosses the blood-brain-barrier and chelates from the brain but DMPS, DMSA or binders should be used in conjunction as ALA has a weak bond with mercury by itself.

Cilantro...same thing....it crosses the BBB but you need binders to escort it out of the body.

In my opinion no chelator is going to help someone that is having trouble detoxing. That situation would need to be addressed first. Most people who end up toxic end up that way because they are having problems with detoxification in the first place.

Also...what I'm learning now is that most toxic people have accumulated sulfa residuals in their tissue....its built up over the years from many different sources...especially ABX or other sulfa drugs.

This situation prevents the body from detoxing metals. No chelator is going to be effective in this case.

It appears that the presence of sulfa drugs in the tissues prevents the affected person from being able to effectively take up into their tissues sulfur-containing nutrients and detoxification substances such as methionine, cysteine, N‑acetyl cysteine, taurine, L-glutathione, lipoic acid, MSM, dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA), dimercapto-propane sulfonate (DMPS) or dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO).

Since the effective uptake into the tissues of some of these substances is essential to detoxification of heavy metals and other toxins, and since heavy metals and other man-made toxins cause such severe health challenges, the treatment for sulfa antibiotics and sulfa diabetic drugs comes first, and can be essential for recovery.

There are many reasons why a person might not recover with attempts at chelation...I think if the chelators are *able* to do their job and the elimination organs are up to par...then the chelators are very effective at removing the metals.

tom Contributor
oh, and I didn't program it, just wrote up a design document for it...

Ah I misunderstood. Still cool tho.

More fun than my biz's design docs for memory chips.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I acutally used to be a vegeterian for 10 years, and was a big hippy really into herbals and supplements, and nutirion my whole life. I had an extremely healthy diet. That didnt stop me from getting sick!

Poison can do a lot to a person, bad diet or good diet.

All of the expert Dr.'s (specializing in detox) have said that a high protein diet is required for detoxification. A vegetarian diet slows down the body's natural ability to detoxify itself. The body needs amino acids which come from protein sources to assist in detoxification.

One Dr. had said that he has never successfully treated a vegetarian.

I wouldnt mind trying somthing stronger like DMSA.

uhh ohh, here I go again, experiemting on myself,,, with chemicals!

Somebody stop me.

acutally if I were to do chelation, I would have to take an antioxidant along with it, and also load up on them before hand. to prepare my body. and saturate it with glutatione, so the chelation wont backfire. That would take a lot of stree off my mind.

It seems like antioxidants like (vitamin E, or Alpha lipoic Acid) + a thiol chelator like DMSA, in combination is the best bet for mercury detox. According to the articles I have read, and Im sure everyone already knows all that, but its fun to repeat.

Its never a good idea to attempt chelation w/out a knowledgeable Dr.

There is no "best bet" with chelation...there is no one protocol which works for everyone. I would not attempt to self treat without a diagnosis and without a Dr. who is experienced with heavy metal detox.

Its very risky.

haven't posted much recently so I'm trying to get out a few things tonight...

happy birthday laura (probably a week or 2 late at this point)...

sorry to hear about your situation with your back, Susan... hope the MRIs and everything else goes well..

glad to hear things went pretty well this past weekend, rachel... and I'd be envious that you're on vacation for a week but since you're probably spending it burning up in a sauna or outside in 90 degree heat, I'll take my going to work instead...

my sister got her Igenex western blot results a couple weeks ago:

IGG: Positive - 18, 41, 58; Indeterminate - 31, 39

IGM: Positive - 18; Indeterminate - 34, 39, 41, 83-93

I looked up some info and if I remember right, I don't think any of her positive bands were very lyme specific bands... but some of her indeterminates were... I talked to my LLMD briefly about my sister's test results at the end of my appt today and she pointed out the indeterminate 39 band for both blots... she said my sister could have RSD and lyme independently, could have lyme causing the RSD symptoms, or could simply have RSD and not have lyme...

she recommended for her to get the CD57 test done and that might give us some more direction with my sister... that's actually what I had recommended to my mom after I checked some stuff out regarding the Igenex results.. I know some LLMDs don't use the CD57 test but if my sister's numbers turned up out of the reference range or at the very low end of it, then that would probably lend significantly more credence to my sister (and her doctors to a lesser degree) for further looking into lyme... otherwise, with just the WB results, I assume any further looking into lyme would fall to the side with my sister, and understandably so...

she's already going to germany for a ketamine procedure in a couple months for her RSD and I wouldn't want to pursue anything with lyme, at least for now, unless there were relatively strong diagnostic reasons to do so... I'm naturally suspicious it may be affecting her to some degree but who knows...

what is more pressing in my mind (and what my mom is in 100% agreement on) is getting her to drastically improve her diet, both now, and upon her return from Germany... one person we know who had very good success with the germany procedure also made a lot of dietary changes which he found simultaneously helped him in his recovery so that could help a little in convincing my sister... she's been on different diets before to varying extents (alkaline, certain foods, etc.) but has reverted back to an unhealthy diet to a large degree and she has certain comfort foods that are probably detrimental for her... if my mom and I as well as her doctors can manage to get her to make significant dietary changes, then not only will that potentially be beneficial for her known issues (constipation, RSD, etc.) but also would be if indeed she did have lyme, regardless of it was diagnosed..

oh, and rachel.. I was talking to my LLMD about things to do to detox and she mentioned some foot pads and gave me a printout on it... the name at the top was none other than your boy Klinghardt...

AndreaB Contributor
my sister got her Igenex western blot results a couple weeks ago:

IGG: Positive - 18, 41, 58; Indeterminate - 31, 39

IGM: Positive - 18; Indeterminate - 34, 39, 41, 83-93

Seems like she has a lot of ind for the lyme bands.

I don't know what RSD is. Or maybe I do but don't remember what it stands for. It's very hard to get someone to change their diet unless they are motivated to do so. Hoping you'll be able to convince her to do the celiac disease-57 test also.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
oh, and rachel.. I was talking to my LLMD about things to do to detox and she mentioned some foot pads and gave me a printout on it... the name at the top was none other than your boy Klinghardt...

That made me laugh....Yeah...I'm a Klinghardt "groupie".....except I havent actually met him yet. :lol:

Lots of people swear by those foot pads. I know Scott uses them....he's got a link on his site. I have yet to try them. Hmmm...maybe I should?? :huh:

I dont think its possible to suffer consequences from rachelling the foot pads so it might work out for me. :D

I looked up some info and if I remember right, I don't think any of her positive bands were very lyme specific bands... but some of her indeterminates were... I talked to my LLMD briefly about my sister's test results at the end of my appt today and she pointed out the indeterminate 39 band for both blots... she said my sister could have RSD and lyme independently, could have lyme causing the RSD symptoms, or could simply have RSD and not have lyme...

Hmmm....I could have sworn the 18 band was Lyme specific. :unsure:

I'll have to look at that again...its been awhile but I would almost bet money that 18 is a specific band. Its not a double starred band but I think its still one of the bands more specific to Lyme.

Yeah...I think in this case the CD57 would be very telling.....and necessary.

I hope everything works out in the best way possible for your sister. I totally agree that diet changes would be helpful for her...no matter what her main underlying issue is...she would no doubt benefit from a healthier diet.

And yes....this temperature challenged pres. is pretty happy to be warm FINALLY....and without the sauna even! :D

WOO-HOO

Its 85 in my house right now...and thats downstairs....up here it must be at least 90! :o

Its 10:00 at night too!

AndreaB Contributor
Its 85 in my house right now...and thats downstairs....up here it must be at least 90! :o

Its 10:00 at night too!

Ugh! That's too hot!

I always cool the house down to 70-72 before the children get to bed.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hey rachel how was the oxy?. The digestive enzymes gave me no molding.

Archived