This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ugh Displaced Mind

Lister

penguin Community Regular
its prednisone that im taking is that the same? im just confused as to how to take them, the bottle says for 18 days and tells you how many to take each day, but the doctor said i was taken it for 2 weeks not for more then 2 weeks?? what do i do?

The pharmacy filled the drug as it was perscribed by your doctor. You have to wean off it slowly, so that is probably why it's 18 days and not 14...

TAKE THE DRUGS EXACTLY AS PERSCRIBED!!!!

Prednisone is a great drug that also has a scary side as you pointed out. Steroids are not perscribed lightly. I think you need to trust your dr. on this.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Lister,

More likely than not, the doctor said 2 weeks as an aproximate--the extra is because you need to wean off of them slowly. This would account for the extra couple of days.

Take them, already!

Lister Rising Star

im going to im going to. im just nervis i hate meds.. my mind has been so messed up for 5 months i dont wanna make it worse, if these pills make me dizzy/ out of place im not sure if im gonna make it through work tomorrow, im taking the first set of pills with my breakfast, im making it big becasue thats what the pharmasist said to do ( she said make sure to eat big meals before taking the pills and also to make sure i eat lots throught the day or else they really hurt the stomic) so im having cereal(gluten-free) almond milk, a banana and eggs, and for lunch chicken/salad and half of a baked potato hope that will make it tell 2 when i get home and have a chance for more food.

ugh i just wish my vision would not always be so stoned feeling it sucks... and iwish i could get this microscope thing done and over with so that way i would know whats wrong and also i would not be worrying about having a camera put up my butt so much (god its gonna hurt, the dx already told me they dont drug you for it because its not that long of a hose)

i really think i have a lack of blood, when i stand up i almost always get a very bad head rush, and masquitoes hate me(wont bite me) i hope i dont have anemia (woops here i go worrying again) man im a wreck well on the plus side i talked to collections today and they faxed the xray place and they are waving the 685 bill with a charity rite off :) so less bills until i get this scope done

Lister Rising Star

so, as much as i should start these pills tomorrow, i dont want to until i talk to my doctor, i was reading the pamphlet and it says that doctors perscribe it diffrent depending on the condition of the patien and to always follow what the doctor says, the pharamsy put the default schedual on it, since there was conflicting information from the doctor to the pharmacy i feel i probably should wait to talk to the doctor and see how he wants me to take them.. or should i just follow the bottle?? these meds really scare me and i dont wanna start them wrong

-------

ugh i cant stand up again, everytime i do i get the spins and my head pounds WTF gahhhh im just gonna go to sleep pshh like it helps i wake up feeling the same i did no matter how much sleep i get im tired, o well more time i sleep the sooner i get to atleast making the apointment with the gi

Lister Rising Star

well i was wrong i did get bit, it just took 2 days for them to show up for some reason, now i really dont wanna take the meds until these bug bites are gone, because if there west nile i need my defense up at 100% (yes it sounds silly to worry about west nile but the camp site we were at just had a breakout) i got one nice bite on my arm that itchs like hell. Im super dizzy this morning i hope the 2 are not related back to my worrying while getting ready for work bye

-------------

AHHHH wtf since when does it take 48 hours for masquito bites to show up, im coverd i have 5 so far and they all took 48 hours to develop now i itch everywhere

gfp Enthusiast
well i was wrong i did get bit, it just took 2 days for them to show up for some reason, now i really dont wanna take the meds until these bug bites are gone, because if there west nile i need my defense up at 100% (yes it sounds silly to worry about west nile but the camp site we were at just had a breakout) i got one nice bite on my arm that itchs like hell. Im super dizzy this morning i hope the 2 are not related back to my worrying while getting ready for work bye

-------------

AHHHH wtf since when does it take 48 hours for masquito bites to show up, im coverd i have 5 so far and they all took 48 hours to develop now i itch everywhere

Mosquito bites are invisible....

What shows up is your bodies immune system fighting them.

Im super dizzy this morning i hope the 2 are not related back to my worrying while getting ready for work bye

Dude, you were first worried that they didn't bite you at all... and that meant perhaps they detected some serious prob with your blood...

Now you're worrying it took 2 days to come up...

and meanwhile your not taking the meds and worrying .....

Lister Rising Star

it took 2 days for my body to fight the bites?? is that bad?? yah i know i worry way to much..... god i got bit everywhere there poping up left and right now, so far 6

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gfp Enthusiast
it took 2 days for my body to fight the bites?? is that bad??

No it shows your immune system is calming down....

yah i know i worry way to much..... god i got bit everywhere there poping up left and right now, so far 6

Hey i spent 2 weeks camping in Italy .. ants, mosquito's and got bitten allover... including some bas&&*^d that bit my eyeball ... serious big red blotch all across it for the whole vacation but I didn't let it freak me out...

2 yrs ago I was camping in Brittany and got these little red spider things biting me .. but didn't realise it and though it was mosquito's...

There wasn't a square inch of my back and stomach that wasn't covered!

It sounds like your immune system is settling down but you really gotta stop freakin yourself out.

Its the worst possible thing for your stomach and guts.

jerseyangel Proficient

Lister,

You seriously need to relax. Really.

Bites can take a day or two to itch--it varies. It sounds to me like a very typical reaction--in a couple days, they'll be gone. That has nothing to do with the meds you were supposed to start taking days ago.

I've given you my thoughts--if it were me or one of my kids, I would start the meds, and try and stop obsessing about things. I know it's hard for you, but you are going to drive yourself nuts.

Lister Rising Star

yeah i know, i just am scared to start them incase these bites contain wnv and my body is fighting infection and i dont know it yet. i should start the meds today im calling the dx at 9am so i should have answers about the pills by 2pm for me to start the first dose

in light humor, i got bit on my arse like 3 times i cant even sit down hehe

________

is it possible to mess your brain up so bad it gives you auto immune diseases?? because i had no health problems until i was drugged by some "friends" with a 8th of shrooms i was so out of my mind i sliped into a 16 hour coma whre my eyes were aparently open but nothing was getting a response, since that day my stomic had always hurt me and then i got really sick, just wondering if there could be a possible connection

CarlaB Enthusiast
yeah i know, i just am scared to start them incase these bites contain wnv and my body is fighting infection and i dont know it yet. i should start the meds today im calling the dx at 9am so i should have answers about the pills by 2pm for me to start the first dose

in light humor, i got bit on my arse like 3 times i cant even sit down hehe

Be glad you don't have a desk job! :lol:

Take your meds .... quit worrying! It takes time to get better and your stomach needs the meds! The stress of worrying is doing you no good.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
________

is it possible to mess your brain up so bad it gives you auto immune diseases?? because i had no health problems until i was drugged by some "friends" with a 8th of shrooms i was so out of my mind i sliped into a 16 hour coma whre my eyes were aparently open but nothing was getting a response, since that day my stomic had always hurt me and then i got really sick, just wondering if there could be a possible connection

Lister this was most likely simply the stress that brought on your celiac disease. What is messing with your brain is the gluten, the eye thing, the anxiety, the paranoia these are all related to gluten poisoning.

Lister, relax and take the damn prednisone. Seriously. Your doctor is going to be pissed that you haven't started them yet. It's prednisone, not cyanide. Your only reaction to the drugs will very likely be bloating and increased appetite. Pharmacies can only legally perscribe meds exactly as written. Calm down.

Lister Rising Star

yeah but the pharamsee was really confused as to why he perscribed 18 extra pills... so i would think he should clarify. im going to start the pills sheesh. just waiting tell 2pm i dont wanna start them at work incase they do make me dizzy. i can deel with dizzy at home but not when im on my feet for 9 hours

CarlaB Enthusiast
yeah but the pharamsee was really confused as to why he perscribed 18 extra pills... so i would think he should clarify. im going to start the pills sheesh. just waiting tell 2pm i dont wanna start them at work incase they do make me dizzy. i can deel with dizzy at home but not when im on my feet for 9 hours

I'd wait till you've started taking them to call your doc about that. He already was upset that you weren't eating dairy! He's not going to want to keep working with you if you don't trust his opinion, and from what you've said, you've got a good thing with this doc! You don't want him to finally say, "Why bother, he's not going to listen anyway!" Not that you were wrong in staying off dairy, but I'd be taking the pills when you call!

Just because his orders confused the 18 year old pharmacy tech does not mean he perscribed them incorrectly. There are different courses of prednisone ranging from 7 days to months. I agree with Carla, make sure you're taking the pills before you call him!! Doctors can be clueless in many areas, but they're usually pretty good at perscribing meds.

By the way, I don't think the pharmacy is supposed to give an opinion about the meds. If they had a legitimate question about the perscription, they would call your doctor to clarify.

Lister Rising Star

the dosage for the first 4 days seems really high, to treat something that he is not sure if i have or not. alright well i guess i can start them at 9:45 with my lunch break. i just really hope my immune system wont get shut down to much incase i did get wnv from the camping trip (the camp site seriusly is under warning for it(did not know that until i got home and it was all over the paper) )

gfp Enthusiast
the dosage for the first 4 days seems really high, to treat something that he is not sure if i have or not. alright well i guess i can start them at 9:45 with my lunch break. i just really hope my immune system wont get shut down to much incase i did get wnv from the camping trip (the camp site seriusly is under warning for it(did not know that until i got home and it was all over the paper) )

Dude, chill!

Next thing the meds will be giving you an upset tum and D.... but it's won't be the meds its you worrying yourself sick!

(ever wonder where the phrase came from?)

Lister Rising Star

worrying can give d?? wow i need to star worrying more that would fix half my problems (so tired of c so very very tired)

They start you out strong on the prednisone. I think I had to take four or six pills the first few days I was on it, and then it tapered (it was a 7 day course). It won't shut down your immune system. You are going to worry yourself sick. Also, predisone helps any inflammation, so your doctor is right in perscribing them if you're having irriation. If you're not going to follow your doctor's advice, then why bother going to the doctor to begin with?

CarlaB Enthusiast
worrying can give d?? wow i need to star worrying more that would fix half my problems (so tired of c so very very tired)

If you have c, I would say not in your case. The point is, all this worrying isn't helping any. Take the meds, quit worrying. The stress can contribute to your overall feeling of illness.

Lister Rising Star

so much for taking my meds today, now its to late im still waiting to go on my lunch break because there is no employes to cover me :(.. i guess i can start them late but then its gonna be a bit to fall asleep tonight

Lister Rising Star

ok i took them, my head is getting hot my stomic is going crazy my visdion is blured and im starting to see spots.... not sure if i gave myself a panic attaack or if im reacting to the meds

CarlaB Enthusiast
ok i took them, my head is getting hot my stomic is going crazy my visdion is blured and im starting to see spots.... not sure if i gave myself a panic attaack or if im reacting to the meds

Relax. You're panicking. You were expecting to react to the meds ... be sure you get enough to eat and drink. Didn't the directions say to eat with the meds?

Sounds like a panic attack to me.

Also, side effects wouldn't hit until at least an hour after you take them. It takes that long to get into your blood.

Archived