This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Ugh Displaced Mind

Lister

gfp Enthusiast
I agree, Lister-- your anxiety is making you sicker. Have you spoken with your doctor about this, or seen a psychologist? Mind you I'm not saying you are imagining your pain-- but the digestive system is very sensitive to nervous disturbance. Even the healthiest person has experienced "butterflies in the stomach" or in a terrifying moment being "scared s$#&less"-- in someone with inflamed intestines, these symptoms are magnified. You would do yourself a world of good by learning relaxation techniques, guided visualization, yogic breathing. I suspect you would also profit from anti-anxiety meds but given your fear of meds, I'd start with the others.

Leah

I'm not a big fan of anti-anxiety meds, at least not long term but I have to agree.,

Lister: chronic tension is not something that goes away when you chill and watch a film.

If you have anxiety all the time you can push it aside when watching the film but its still there in your subconcious and then you go to bed and then you stress even when asleep...

Its like chronic depression... you might watch a comedy and laugh but that doesn't mean your not depressed!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Lister, I know you're really sick. Most of us here are! I'm really sick, I can't even go to the grocery and cook dinner in the same day ... so my husband had to start going to the grocery for me. I can hardly think straight and sometimes I get so disoriented that if I'm away from home I have to call my husband from my cell to calm me down and help me get my bearings. He told me to start taking one of the kids with me when I leave. It's very miserable when you have a disease where your own immune system is trying to kill you!

I know it doesn't help that you are so young and don't have any parents around to help you through this. But you have a lot of us here who want to help. It isn't helping you any that you are worrying so much. Please quit reading about symptoms and getting overly concerned that you have something else. My stomach makes noise, too, and most of us here have pretty scary "tiger" bm's! Just the other day my hubby was laying on my belly and started laughing because of the constant noise! All this is part of it. It sounds like you have a good doctor. Listen to him. He's trying to help your stomach calm down, but you are under a lot of stress. You need to quit thinking about it and worrying about it constantly. You've heard the saying "worried to death"?

Lister Rising Star

not worrying just wondering i know its not from pills but, my bms are very cloudy like withen 1 second the watter gets so white i cant see my stools, not sure what that could be from anyone know?

as for axiety i dont really get attacks that much anymore and i do have a book of breathing exersises for when iget them, i dont see how i get them when im asleep and what not does that meen im crazy? my bigist fear is to lose my mind because my mom is very mentaly deranged/ill and has had to been locked up several times and the docs where afriad it could be heraditary are axiety realted stuff mental?

carlab thanks for your consern, im definatly not as sick as most of you and im sorry most of you are as sick as you are, i meen i function just fine day by day, i go shopping i cook 3 meals a day i go skateboarding paintbaling hiking everything i would normaly be doing just with the incovenance of beeing in pain every few hours.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Gluten intolerance and mental problems can be related. I don't communicate with my mother either. Don't worry about becoming your mother .... you are working on your health.

The cloudy water is probably from mucus.

Lister Rising Star

why would i have more mucus now on the pills then i did before shouldnt it make it less? just confused not worried

CarlaB Enthusiast

Don't know. Maybe your body is just trying to eliminate something it couldn't get rid of before. Just a guess. Sometimes things get worse before they get better.

Lister Rising Star

one last complaint for the day lol, gah i cant breathe, every breath i take hurts my chest :( like i breath in and it gives me pain right below my chest :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lister Rising Star

im starting to lose hope with the pills, im still taking them, but they dont seem to do be doing much, im sleeping alot more like im always really tired, so thats probably a good thing but as for my stomic and what not, i guess it has not hurt as bad like only bugs me here and there instead of every hour but my bms have not changed. one wierd thing and i dont know if its from the meds or not but i keep getting this pressure in my head like someone is squeezing my brain from both sides (does not hurt but very uncomfurtable) it makes my eyes get heavy and earlyer it made me fall down at work into the window, and makes me dizzy (could it be sinus related its been about 93 degrees today so not sure if that could have something to do with it, im keeping hydrated) anyone got a clue about my head.

talked to the gastrointolagest today, i got a apointment for the 8th for a review to see what he thinks about my situation and what he thinks we should do, hope i get some real answers ok well i cant really see strait right now and its taking way to much focus to type correctly so im gonna go take a nap

nm its about 3 hours later, i just got a call from the gastrointolagest i have been reshedualed for this thursday (hope thats not because they think its urgent) with a diffrent doctor to get my check up to see whats going on. :( gah thats anoying they shedualed me for 3pm i dont get off work until 2pm and im on foot to the lab and its fricking hella far away :( what a crappy day thursday is going to be

Green Fingered Gaelic Newbie

Hey Lister,

Finally managed to read the entire post. Phew!

So here is the thing, allot of your problems right now are being exaserbated by stress.

"Chill Winston".

Some of this may be caused by giving up the green. Some is your illness. Some of this is related to your family, girl, life etc. Try not to think of it all at once ever, your head will explode. Infact you'll find it easiest if you don't think at all.

If you are gluten intolerent then you need to stick to a gluten-free diet. Full stop, or period as you americans call it. Where you work you are being contantly glutened, you would have to be in a space suit to avoid gluten in that enviroment.

I wouldn't feel comfortable walking into a fast food joint.

All the symptoms youve described I've had, except I've had a few more you haven't described yet.

I bet if you can get 100% gluten-free guaranteed and try to distract yourself from your worries you'll be better before you know it.

Good luck and peace

Lister Rising Star

ugh that pressure is back and its pushing on my nose and head, also i have not had a bm for 2 days now.. i thought these pills would help me not make my c worse :(

Guest Robbin

Lister, Maybe you are getting a sinus problem from the weather. That happens sometimes when it is hot and humid. Also, when you get off work maybe someone else getting off can give you a ride at least part of the way tomorrow (today). The previous poster made a lot of sense too. You are way too stressed out. I hope the dr. can help you tomorrow. Sometimes we have to listen to our own bodies in a calm way and figure it out on our own. If you are gluten intolerant it can ruin your health in so many ways you would not believe. I have had C only a couple of times, it is always D with me, but perhaps you might try a suppository that will get it started-ASK THE DR. ABOUT THIS. Write down all your questions so you will not be so nervous and forget to ask something. Take care and get some rest.

Green Fingered Gaelic Newbie

Lister have you ever heard of the white stripes. Its a band.

They have this song, and it boils down to being overwhelmed by our woes. This woman is sitting in the park overwhelmed by her problems, and she sees a squirel storing up nuts for the winter. She thinks to herself if that squirrel can do it so can I. She breaks her problems down into acorns (Metaphorically) and brings them in one by one.

Be like a squirrel Lister.

If you noticed positive results from following a gluten-free diet, allbeit cross contaminated from work, then you are likely to be gluten intolerent. You have a number of other problems/issues, so do I. Just try to deal with em one at a time and not confuse them into all being the same one.

Illness can blurr you mind & vision, you can be intoxicated by it. All you need to be is aware of that. Don't jump to conclusions, go with the flow.

If you do follow a gluten-free diet, you will become more and more sensitive to it. THe big plus is that you will be less likely to develop other issues, which would otherwise arise following continued gut damage.

Essentially to me, it sounds like you're just begining to recover from glutenation, with time you will heal. Glutenation followed by cold turkey on the green front is bound to cause anxiety, mix that with some steroids, some more stress and a little cross contamination and you've got blocked sinus. Shall we continue this downward spiral, or slow down get a grip and start fixing things one by one.

Those aren't all your worries either girl, money, family etc. Like I said before, try not to think, and if you do have too, only think about one thing at a time.

Your brain is like a super computer, right now its trying to run anti virus and mean while your asking it to run programmes on finance, work, medications, doctors etc. etc. etc.

Give yourself time.

Finally dude, I'm a Celiac, diagnosed aged 2, all the advice I give you is from one coeliac to another. I'm not qualified to advise you properly. All I can do is draw what I think can help you from my life experience.

Lister Rising Star

i have pretty much lost motor functions, i keep falling into things and cant get my hands to do what i want them to do, its taking me a long time to type this with extra care. wtf is going on with mei feel like im in slow motion :(

ravenwoodglass Mentor
i have pretty much lost motor functions, i keep falling into things and cant get my hands to do what i want them to do, its taking me a long time to type this with extra care. wtf is going on with mei feel like im in slow motion :(

You should call your doctor or go to the ER if your in that bad a shape.

Lister Rising Star

im not in pain or anything, just my head is really drained making it hard for normal tasts. but the rest of me is doing fine, stomic is not a problem i finally had some big bms to make up for the past few days just my head is totaly fd up. its like i have the worlds biggest hang over without drinking

Lister Rising Star

man i hope that doc can help me out today. i want my head fixed im tired of feeling wierd all day. I tried to sleep last night and everytime i got close i started to break out into a cold sweat and my body would go numb all over. this repeted for like 2 hours until i finally fell asleep. plus im having terrable gas problems. like my stomic will hurt in random spots until eventually it builds up down to my colon and i can pass the gas but i feeel each step it makes on the way down "(

also im sore everywhere for no reason like my legs and my butt are sore to the tuch :( gah man why always something

______________-

oh i did add a new food in to my diet and i started getting my night problems around the same time but i really dont think they are related since its a enjoy life product. its there cereal, i figured i should switch toa healthyer breakfast so instead of panda puffs i started eating there fake granola it has flax seed and rice in it its enjoy life so cc is not supposed to be a possibilty plus it has like 8 other allergins that its free from

queenofhearts Explorer

I hope your doctor can give you some answers, Lister. In the meantime please try to breathe deeply & keep things in perspective... & think about looking for a new job if there is any other possibility.

Lister Rising Star

if i could get a new job i would, but the change over with the ammount of bills i currently have would be to risky i would need to wait until all of this medical stuf is over with

Lister Rising Star
:( today was the worst day i have had in a long time..... first i woke up late by a hour so i was late for work, it was a game day (football college team) so it was extra busy at work, my wallat got jacked from the breakroom (with my credit card, debt card) so now i have to go out and cancle all my fricking cards. i was 10 minutes late to my gastrointerology apointment today, but it did not matter because they kept me waiting for another 40 minutes anyways... the apointment sucked nothing was solved infact the guy had a incrediably puzzeled look on his face, he really does not think its colitis hes saying its either a unseen parasite or chrons disease that is causing all of these problems or maybe a peptic ulcer... he took a hemocult test (yay finger up the poop shoot) and did not have the curtesy to clean up the lube, jerk... he is going to start with a sigmoidoscopy and i have that next wensday so FRICKING YAH i get to go on exlax and i get to have enemas and then get to have a camera shoved up me.... he does not think he will find anything with it because he thinks its not colitis, he says we are probably going to have to do a endoscopy and a colonoscopy also.... yah not only bills but alot of fricking scary things to me :(...... oh and they put me on another med to try to help its called AcipHex anyone know if its gluten free?? also anyone know if smoking green on the meds will cause a problem because im so stressed and upsest right now i am going to go back to a old habbit for atleast tonight (just to save my wall from any more holes) anyways that was a part rant part information post sorry......
Lister Rising Star

i cant find any doseage things on aciphex so i dont know how to take it.. frustrating.. im nervis about wensday what if they rupture my colon or something gah i hate doctors i hate beeing sedated i hate all of this poop on my day

diagnosed5yrsago Newbie
i dont get how im not fully healed yet, its been like 5 months gluten free now, and i dont think i had that much damage to begine with. as for the cysts, i showed the doctor the one i have on my back about 3 months ago, he said its a benin cyst and just to put a warm compress on it and it will drain, aparently cysts are not bad unless they are under the muscle/ bone/ whatever but if they are above the skin like mine they should be fine (or atleast i hope)

wish i could ask family for money but my dad is a dick and even if he had money he would not give it to me (seeing as he stole over 1k from me while i was living there) and my mom lives in another state i dont even know what state so i cant ask her. i dout the meds will even help anyways probably just a waist of money

Well it can take quite awhile to heal sometimes. Yes prilosec will help it helped me a lot when I got diagnosed with acid reflux but by age 19 I was still getting sick and thats when they diagnosed me with Celiac.. Be patient and STICK to you diet. I know it is hard and it sucks but if you don't then you can die. As for your cysts I have not had any of those. I did get stunted growth, and a bone disease in my knees and I am anemic. I feel your pain. It will all be okay.

Guest Robbin

Lister, I am confused about the tests they are running. Didn't you just have a slew of tests not that long ago--?

I don't know about the med you asked about, but didn't they give you any info from the pharmacy? I would ask the dr about some kind of medication for your anxiety too. Take care and try to get some sleep.

Lister Rising Star

the meds where sample bottles they gave me a handfull of sample bottels of aciphex for me to start taking. as for tests yeah i have had a Barrelium xray exam(upper gi), celiac blood panel, blood stool test, bactera stool test, parasite stool test, xrays, catscan, iron/mineral blood count, hemocult cards. so all thats left is the oscopys, so thats what they start doing next wensday.. since so far every test they give me they get no results.. even the gastrointolagist was baffeled by me and the symptoms i have with the weight loss he cant think of what could cause all of this. oh since going on predinsone last week i have lost 5 pounds in 5 days.... so im speeding up weight loss again, i was down to only loosing 10 pounds a month but it looks like i may hit 15-20 this month again

Guest ~jules~

My ex-sister in law, has chrons disease. I've been going through all these posts, and thats exactly what it sounds like to me. You said your colonosopy and endoscopy are coming, and in the end those tests should tell you whats going on. Just try and hang in there the best you can, until you find out what it is, and remember no one is never in a hurry but you, so make those calls! OSU? hmm....mention of college ball, just curious fellow oregonian here. Take care, Julie

Lister Rising Star

yep osu. but i thought chrons usualy ment chronic pain (like real pain) and like diharea and stuff like that? hopefully not a endoscopy or colonoscopy hopefully they will find whatever it is with the stigmoidoscopy because a. i cant afford this to begin with b. its going to be devistating enough to me with just the stigmoidoscopy/

i just hope whatever it is its not permanet/ constant my lifes already crappy i dont need more crap that wont go away

Archived