This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

[size="3

Oh, and one more quintessentially Canuck treasure:

Love those guys, eh? Like it made me want to like run and put on my toque, eh? But its , like, too hot for one, eh.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

I've missed you, Em :)

Paghteeeigh :wub: ..... . .

Canna tell you how I've missed all a youse guys lately.... . .Lots goin' on, no phunny whatsoever... . ... ..it's all gonna be okay, but I need to feel more together to be posting regularly. Gotta find that psilliness.... . . . where in hell did I leave it? Likely in DH's hockey bag er sumfin'.........

I wanna meet all of you, somewhere, ANYWHERE, for a BIG GROUP HUG!

None o' this cyber (((((((hugs)))))))) stuff.. ..... .. . . .a real, big, long bear hug.

Speaking of which, we were down on Parliament Hill this afternoon with a hundred thousand other people watching the performances on the grandstand, and Queen Elizabeth sat on the stage with Philip and the Prime Minister politely listening to The Bare Naked Ladies, some Aboriginal throat singers and various other Canuck fodder. I kept looking at the Queen, thinking about how she must be such a wonderful lady to hug. I dunno, there is something about her .... rather like my Nan who has been dead many years - - a diminutive little lady, quiet, thoughtful, but with strong, receptive shoulders to take an needy embrace.. ... .. . .

Then I glanced at Philip, and holy crap. ... . . . ..different ball game. <_<:lol:

Love those guys, eh? Like it made me want to like run and put on my toque, eh? But its , like, too hot for one, eh.

Ah, take off, then, eh?. .. .......ya hoser. :P

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Did Kid's Club this morning, the zoo this afternoon, and now we're off to gymnastics! Busy, busy day!

Me too--much phunnier B)

Rah-shell's confuzzles me :P

Pseriously, like I really know what that meant :P

well yah, that's the easy part. But what happens when you're given a circular solid bounded on some sides by functions and the coordinates and functions are all given by (x,y) and you need to convert the functions/coordinates to polar coordinates and take the derivatives? I'm still working on x2 + y2 = 4 is a circle....

And why would anyone care what the cos of pi/2 is????

I googled it.... :lol: :lol:

mountie.webp

Um.... . .check out thumb size.. . . ...

Too bad!! I used to have such a crush on him!

and Queen Elizabeth sat on the stage with Philip and the Prime Minister politely listening to The Bare Naked Ladies,

That doesn't seem right for some reason....the Queen and the Bare Naked Ladies..... :lol:

kareng Grand Master

That doesn't seem right for some reason....the Queen and the Bare Naked Ladies..... :lol:

:P I'm sure they are just her type of music. :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Paghteeeigh :wub: ..... . .

Canna tell you how I've missed all a youse guys lately.... . .Lots goin' on, no phunny whatsoever... . ... ..it's all gonna be okay, but I need to feel more together to be posting regularly. Gotta find that psilliness.... . . . where in hell did I leave it? Likely in DH's hockey bag er sumfin'.........

I hope yer sillie comes back soon, Em, Here's a non-real-life-but-still-heartfelt-hug fer you (((hug))). :wub:

I googled it.... :lol: :lol:

Jeeze--thank gawd...I was really pheeling stoopid there :lol:

In other news--the real estate switcheroo heppened today. The old one came and got her stuff, and wif in the hour, the new one came and got set up. Keep yer phingers crossed!

We lucked out with the hurricane effects--lots o'rain, but nuttin too bad. It's been dark, though--but more threatening than anything else.

Darn210 Enthusiast

:unsure:

Hello??

:huh:

WIH is everyone???

I'm OD'ing on homemade chex mix . . . I can NOT keep myself out of it!!! I need an intervention or a 12-step program or some sort of patch.

kareng Grand Master

Hello??

WIH is everyone???

I'm OD'ing on homemade chex mix . . . I can NOT keep myself out of it!!! I need an intervention or a 12-step program or some sort of patch.

Hellooooo!

I have decided I can not make my Chex mix. Last time I made it I ate all of it in less than 24 hours.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Hello??

WIH is everyone???

Been on "rot" with Comcast for over an hour <_<

I'm like that wif popcorn--I love the stuff!

Mark is coming home tonight!!!!!!!!! :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Holy Toledo!! :o I don't think I've ever seen it rain this hard!

elye Community Regular

Mark is coming home tonight!!!!!!!!! :D

:wub: :wub: YAAAAY!!

I just heard on the radio that for the first time ever people in Houston are reporting seeing rain falling horizontally. :huh::blink:

Jestgar Rising Star

Hello??

WIH is everyone???

integral calculus. brain now resembles chex mix (but I can integrate using both polar and cartesian coordinates in case y'all were worried about me).

jerseyangel Proficient

I just heard on the radio that for the first time ever people in Houston are reporting seeing rain falling horizontally. :huh::blink:

This is the troof! It got really dark, and just started pouring. At one point, it was horizontal! :lol: Almost as if the sky opened up and the water couldn't fall fast enough.

integral calculus. brain now resembles chex mix (but I can integrate using both polar and cartesian coordinates in case y'all were worried about me).

I knew you was deep into it :)

kareng Grand Master

Time to get the Ark out of the garage?

Stop talking about Chex mix! I really want some now! :angry:

jerseyangel Proficient

Karreighn--you must make yerselph some chex mix fer the weekend!

:P ark.

Jestgar Rising Star

Karreighn--you must make yerselph some chex mix fer the weekend!

:P ark.

Send the extra to TX for the arc (which is calculated using polar coordinates...) so send her matching hat gloves and scarf too.

Darn210 Enthusiast

(but I can integrate using both polar and cartesian coordinates in case y'all were worried about me).

Just like riding a bicycle, Jess . . . :huh: . . . :lol:

:greenguy: . . . I'm actually having no problem avoiding the chex mix at the moment . . . I'm quite queasy for the time being. I won't be able to eat any more today for an hour or so.

CairInn . . . make chex mix like I make rice crispy treats . . . just one cup full at a time (in the microwave), then you can't have too much. I couldn't do that this time for the chex mix because I'm making it for the big NC trip where all my relatives will be diving into the few crumbs left over big batch that I made.

Darn210 Enthusiast

. . . so send her matching hat gloves and scarf too.

Jess, is right . . . you do owe Patti something for all the trouble that the phlipover has caused . . . and she will need hats & gloves soon as she is headed back to the NorthEast. She's got horizontal rain for Peter Sawyer's sake!!!

kareng Grand Master

Making Chex mix a little at a time is a good idea.

If I am to be blamed for the hurricane, it should at least be named after me.

Yes, Jess, polar coordinates might be helpful to build the ark but if she doesn't have one yet, it may be too late to calculate the curves and build. My son used them to calculate the path of the soccer ball when the robot kicked it (just for fun). Strange kid.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I'm like that wif popcorn--I love the stuff!

I cannot make cookies anymore, I will eat them all! I have a hard enough time with all the cake in my house!!! Everything I shave off the cakes, I have to eat!!

elye Community Regular

so send her matching hat gloves and scarf too.

OMG, just like Queen Lizzie.....it was incredible to see perfectly matched accessories - - the hat, gloves and scarf that she wore yesterday were exactly the same fabric, same weave, thread.... . amazing. They were maple-leaf red. B)

Hmmm... . ... .... ... . . ..does Elizabeth II know her way around polar co-ordinates?

Man, I think she IS a polar co-ordinate.

jerseyangel Proficient

If I am to be blamed for the hurricane, it should at least be named after me.

I'll see what I can do :P

Truly, Kerreighn, this hurricane has to be the biggest phlipover incident in sillie history. At least that I can remember....

It's still raining......

elye Community Regular

Truly, Kerreighn, this hurricane has to be the biggest phlipover incident in sillie history. At least that I can remember....

It's still raining......

Well, yes..... . . . . ...that wee earthquake rattling through Ontario, Quebec and the northern States was just the beginning. The south of the continent did not feel any of this natural proclamation of ascention - - a hurricane seemed fitting as follow-up.

Wait.. .... . . ... is this not about the Royal Page Phlipover?.. .. ..... . .. .must be.. .. . . ......:unsure:

:rolleyes:

kareng Grand Master

Well, yes..... . . . . ...that wee earthquake rattling through Ontario, Quebec and the northern States was just the beginning. The south of the continent did not feel any of this natural proclamation of ascention - - a hurricane seemed fitting as follow-up.

Wait.. .... . . ... is this not about the Royal Page Phlipover?.. .. ..... . .. .must be.. .. . . ......:unsure:

Blame it on Queen Em, not my poor pathetic little 1000 post phlip-over.

elye Community Regular

Blame it on Queen Em, not my poor pathetic little 1000 post phlip-over.

Yes, exactly...... . . . . ......

:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

M-m-m-m....<stroking chin>.....could be a southern manifestation of the royal earthquake.....

You may be off the hook, Kareighn. :lol:

I'd still like me polar co-ordinated scarf set B)

Mark is boarding the second half of his flight home after a 2 hour layover in Charlotte--this is what happens when you wait too long to purchase your ticket fer a holiday weekend :rolleyes:

Archived