Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tmk

Enterolab Users

Hello! Sorry if this question has been asked already -- I read through a few post about enterolab, but didn't notice my question. Also -- sorry for the question -- but I guess it's not like ya'all haven't talked about questions like this before! :P

So here it goes. . . . I have a GI appointment set up, but it's not until August so I decided to go and give the Enterolab thing a shot (i'm impatient!). My Q is -- my main symptom (among several) is the big chronic D :blink: . . . for those of you who have tested w/ Enterolab before -- is that ok for a sample b/c that's pretty much what all I've got to offer!!! :unsure:

Just wanted to be sure -- also -- is it ok if you don't "send it off" right away if it is frozen?! I can't believe I'm asking these questions!

Thanks for the info -- YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi there!

"D" is OK and they have specific packing instructions to ensure that the feces stay in their container no matter how liquid. (I know, ewww factor!)

Also, you can only send off your package on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday so that it won't arrive at Enterolab on a weekend. So if you collect your specimen on a Thursday, for example, it's sitting in your freezer until Monday morning. No biggie as long as you don't care that there's poop in your freezer.

HTH! :)

they told me they perfer it at least 24 hours in the freezer

yuck

I am on week 2 waiting for the results.

Grrr why does it take so long :(

The others already answered. But yes D is ok and yes, it is best to freeze it before shipping.

flipping out -- just sent my enterolab off and realized that i did not sign the shipping form giving consent -- does anyone know if this will mess up them not sending it out?! :(

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana