This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Halloween Candy List

Dandelion

Dandelion Contributor

Is there a new ROCK candy list for 2007? I can only find a 2006 list.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Sweetfudge Community Regular

hm, dunno....

buffettbride Enthusiast

I couldn't find it either. I was just thinking about this today. We were talking about Candy Corns and Peanut Butter Kisses (although those are both Brachs I think which is a not-gluten-free-friendly company).

I hope it's out soon--I'm going to encourage the members of another board I'm on (it's a Parrothead thing) to hand out gluten-free candy this year for Halloween.

Dandelion Contributor
I couldn't find it either. I was just thinking about this today. We were talking about Candy Corns and Peanut Butter Kisses (although those are both Brachs I think which is a not-gluten-free-friendly company).

I hope it's out soon--I'm going to encourage the members of another board I'm on (it's a Parrothead thing) to hand out gluten-free candy this year for Halloween.

That's what I plan on doing - only gluten free candy this year. :D

cruelshoes Enthusiast

It's not out yet. It usually comes out the first part of October. Which is right around the corner! <_<

Dandelion Contributor
It's not out yet. It usually comes out the first part of October. Which is right around the corner! <_<

Thanks Colleen! I'll be on the lookout for it.

dionnek Enthusiast

does anyone know if the new Hershey's Kisses "candy corn" is gluten free? I would assume so since all the other Kisses are, but wasn't sure. I miss candy corn (can't find Farleys brand anywhere here - all they carry is that bad Brachs!).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast
. . . (it's a Parrothead thing) . . .

buffettbride . . . kind of gives a little insight to the screen name, huh? :lol:

FYI, the Great Value brand of candy corn is gluten free (says so on the package). I haven't had it yet so I don't know how it compares (taste-wise) to the other brands.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Starburst and Skittles are gluten free

buffettbride Enthusiast
buffettbride . . . kind of gives a little insight to the screen name, huh? :lol:

My husband and I were married at a Jimmy Buffett concert (he also proposed at one and we went to one on our honeymoon.

mommyagain Explorer
Starburst and Skittles are gluten free

Does anyone know if they are casein free as well? I know my husband will insist on handing out chocolate, but I want to provide an "allergic-kid friendly" selection as well. The allergens I want to avoid are: dairy, gluten, peanuts, and tree nuts. Are there any other common kid allergens that I should add to my list?

I'm thinking the selection will include individual-size plain microwave popcorn (for the kids who can't have much sugar), Starburst, and Skittles. Any other suggestions?

Dandelion Contributor
Does anyone know if they are casein free as well? I know my husband will insist on handing out chocolate, but I want to provide an "allergic-kid friendly" selection as well. The allergens I want to avoid are: dairy, gluten, peanuts, and tree nuts. Are there any other common kid allergens that I should add to my list?

I'm thinking the selection will include individual-size plain microwave popcorn (for the kids who can't have much sugar), Starburst, and Skittles. Any other suggestions?

I'm going with Willy Wonka candy since everything but the Wonka bar is gluten free. (Ok - I happen to really like Wonka candy too. I'm hoping for leftovers.)

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I love Wonka Candy!!!!!

crittermom Enthusiast

Where can I find the ROCK halloween candy list, that would be amazing. I guess this post also answered my other question. My daughter is absolutely PINING for candy corn. I love it too, but I won't get it if she can't have it. Farley's is gluten free?

crittermom Enthusiast

never mind on the candy corn, just read target brand is safe here on an old post, I will have to check that out. I promised dd that we would find one tomorrow at all costs! :) If I couldn't find one... well then I guess I would have to learn how to make it! :rolleyes::lol:

Arpita Apprentice

There is a great casein and gluten free candy list on www.gfcfdiet.com. or google gluten casein free and autism and it'll come up. Some that are also soy free are hot tamales, mike n ikes, sweettarts (original only), smarties, candy stix. Peanut butter kisses are great. Skittles depends on the flavor, and has mixed information.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

FYI, the Great Value brand of candy corn is gluten free (says so on the package). I haven't had it yet so I don't know how it compares (taste-wise) to the other brands.

ooh i'll have to look for this. when i was at walmart i didn't see their brand of candy corn. i've also been looking for jelly belly's brand of candy corn. read that it's gluten-free and pretty good. ;)

lonewolf Collaborator
There is a great casein and gluten free candy list on www.gfcfdiet.com. or google gluten casein free and autism and it'll come up. Some that are also soy free are hot tamales, mike n ikes, sweettarts (original only), smarties, candy stix. Peanut butter kisses are great. Skittles depends on the flavor, and has mixed information.

I just spent over 10 minutes there and couldn't find any list. Could you give me a hint where it is on the site?

Juliebove Rising Star

They are dairy free and also now free of soybean oil. You might reconsider the popcorn since it is probably loaded with transfats. I like to give out little toys. The kids love them.

buffettbride Enthusiast

Pencils and stickers are a good idea, too.

crittermom Enthusiast

I spent 15 minutes on the the phone in Target today with a wonderful woman who searched their ENTIRE gluten free list for the candy corns...

Target brand candy corn, indian corn, autumn mix, and candy pumpkins are all gluten free made in a separate factory with no chance of CC.

Hooray! I told my daughter to close her eyes and open her hand after school today. When she opened her eyes she was so excited she almost knocked me over with her hug... she rrrreeeeaaaallllyyyy likes candy corns! :lol:

buffettbride Enthusiast
I spent 15 minutes on the the phone in Target today with a wonderful woman who searched their ENTIRE gluten free list for the candy corns...

Target brand candy corn, indian corn, autumn mix, and candy pumpkins are all gluten free made in a separate factory with no chance of CC.

Hooray! I told my daughter to close her eyes and open her hand after school today. When she opened her eyes she was so excited she almost knocked me over with her hug... she rrrreeeeaaaallllyyyy likes candy corns! :lol:

Wow. Thanks for doing that research! We live just a stone's throw from Target so I think I know what I'll be doing tonight! Normally we haven't had any luck with food purchases from Target re: gluten-free so this is awesome news!

cruelshoes Enthusiast

This was posted over on Delphi yesterday:

Open Original Shared Link

Hello All,

Yes, I will begin working on the 2007 Candy list soon. :) And, of course, I will share with everyone. If you google gluten free candy list, my list from 2006 appears all over the internet, which is great. :P)

I generally work on the list for the first few weeks of October and then share it by the third week of October.

If anyone has any updated lists (within the past month or so) directly from any candy manufacturers, please send them to me at OneSillyYak@yahoo.com and it will save me some time.

I'll make a post here and on SillyYaks once the updated list is ready.

Melonie

Northern Virginia

• 4 weeks later...
cruelshoes Enthusiast

Woo Hoo - the new list is out! I posted the info Open Original Shared Link.

Dandelion Contributor

Colleen,

Thanks for posting the new list!

Beth

Archived