This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

dlp252 Apprentice

Re the greens...I have them all, lol, including some free special colors they gave out at Christmas. I actualy like all the greens, and I'm not usually a "color" person. Emerald might work for what you want...it's not dark enough for me for a liner, so it would probably work as your dark smokey green...but there's definitely no sparkle to it.

In the garden has a touch of green in it and it's sparkly, but won't really look "green" on I think.

Speaking of mixing...I did my formal mix of Car Pool and Mojave today...actually two different official mixes. I used a tiny measuring spoon. :lol: Anyway, I made one mix as a darker lavendar...just the color I've been looking for, and I made the other one with a bit more mojave in it...I was considering mixing in some of the feathers for some lightness, but didn't do it yet until I try these colors as they are first.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeartofGlass224 Rookie

Thank you Donna! I ended up swapping Floating Feathers for Cypress lol. I like In The Garden a lot, it's a nice smokey grayish color on me. I think my very favorite right now is Starry Eyed....it's such a pretty color, and seems to show some pinkish color around the outer corners of it.

I swear, in no less than 5 minutes of me ordering, my order was marked shipped....it was picked up less than an hour later and is on it's way!

I have to tell you guys...I feel horrible, been getting some bad stuff sneaking into my diet, and my Crohn's is acting up....I haven't worn makeup since Saturday, and I feel horrible, felt like I looked so washed out and nasty. I did my regular concealer/foundation/finishing powder routine, and was very conservative with the rest....Pick Me Up, a little bit of Corner Office, and a touch of Starry Eyed in the outer corners, very light....no liner, just mascara, and a touch of Corner Office on my cheeks....my husband came home and commented that he thought I wasn't feeling well, because I was absolutely glowing....well hello, thank you EM, I feel like crap and no one can tell! How great is that? :wub:

Cheri A Contributor
I have to tell you guys...I feel horrible, been getting some bad stuff sneaking into my diet, and my Crohn's is acting up....my husband came home and commented that he thought I wasn't feeling well, because I was absolutely glowing....well hello, thank you EM, I feel like crap and no one can tell! How great is that? :wub:

((hugs)) I'm sorry you are feeling so bad right now. I hope it goes away fast! :lol: that the EM hides how you are really feeling. That's great!

WW340 Rookie

Fellow cult members, please forgive me, but I have strayed.

I have been so frustrated in trying to make this mineral makeup work for me that my husband, yes, I said my husband, suggested I find a makeup artist to show me how to do it, and help me find the right shade.

The only one I could find was at a local dept. store which only carried Laura Mercier. I went ahead and made an appointment for last night. I am so glad I did. I learned sooo much from her.

First of all, I was not using near enough silk dust for my base before the foundation. When she applied the comparable product in the LM line she used a lot, and did not buff it in. She sort of pushed it into the skin and then used light smoothing strokes. This minimized the pores and set up a much smoother base for the foundation. By a lot more, I mean a lot more. Instead of a few sprinkles in the lid, she used a good sized clump and used it all.

Secondly she applied the foundation, again, using much more than I ever use. She did buff this in with much smaller circles than I usually do. She put the concealer on after the foundation, and suggested a cream concealer for the eyes so that it was not so drying.

About my foundation color - although my skin tone is very yellow, she used a foundation with some pink tones to give me a better color. She eliminated the red in my face, but added back a little pink in the foundation, using Tender Rose foundation - a color I would have never picked for myself. She said that matching my yellow tones perfectly was leaving me sallow looking, which is exactly right. I haven't like the EM because none of the shades have been flattering to my face.

She also suggested the dual fiber brush for blush, because I like the pigmented colors, but have trouble putting them on lightly enough. I really like this brush.

The result was absolutely beautiful. I hope I can duplicate it. I am going to get the LM foundation for now (she was out of my color naturally, but I ordered it from Sephora) and then keep experimenting with the EM.

I did apply the silk dust very heavy this morning and then pulled out one of my old foundation samples that I thought was too pink. It does look much better than what I had been doing.

I like the cream concealer which I did buy. I also got a very nice lip plumper lip gloss in wild berry. I love it.

Not all of the LM products are gluten free, but all the ones she used on me were. She checked every label carefully for me. LM does label if it contains wheat.

Now, the real kicker is the LM containers. The sifter has a little solid piece that you slide over the holes to keep the minerals down in the bottom of the container. I love these containers.

So for now, I am going to go hybrid on the mineral makeup. I may eventually be able to figure out a mix that will work as well for me in the EM, but at least for now I can get on with my life lol.

BTW, she really liked my EM eye colors and did not suggest any changes there. I was wearing Samba lessons liner and middle crease, Chamomile on the brow, and ginger peach on the lid.

Jestgar Rising Star

Hybrid!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing all you learned. I'll try some of the techniques.

I'm having a little trouble with my makeup being too drying. For now I'm taking weekends off to see what my skin does,

HeartofGlass224 Rookie
((hugs)) I'm sorry you are feeling so bad right now. I hope it goes away fast! :lol: that the EM hides how you are really feeling. That's great!

Thanks Cheri! It certainly does work miracles, doesn't it?

confused Community Regular

Today i mixed mojave and plum dust and it gave me a great looking blush that im in love with. Yesterday i used plum dust as an eye shadow and it was very very pretty. Im in love with the pkum dust color lol.

I hope the new website is up soon, i need to order some big sizes and some brushes, so I am hoping new website and new special by the end of the week lol

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
I have to tell you guys...I feel horrible, been getting some bad stuff sneaking into my diet, and my Crohn's is acting up....

Hope you are feeling better Shannon.

Fellow cult members, please forgive me, but I have strayed.

I have been so frustrated in trying to make this mineral makeup work for me that my husband, yes, I said my husband, suggested I find a makeup artist to show me how to do it, and help me find the right shade.

The only one I could find was at a local dept. store which only carried Laura Mercier. I went ahead and made an appointment for last night. I am so glad I did. I learned sooo much from her.

So for now, I am going to go hybrid on the mineral makeup. I may eventually be able to figure out a mix that will work as well for me in the EM, but at least for now I can get on with my life lol.

Sounds like you learned a lot, I think it's good to have a demo on applying mineral make-up if you haven't worked with it before because the techniques are different. Now that you know the basics you can mix and match your products to find what best works for you.

Have you been able to recreate what she did for you?

I'm having a little trouble with my makeup being too drying. For now I'm taking weekends off to see what my skin does,

Had you been using the Original Glo Jess? If not I wonder if that would be less drying.

Ok i felt i should bump this up since donna is sick.

Im thinking of straying a little myself to bare minerals. I will never try any others eye shadows cause i love all the ones i have, but thinking of maybe the mascara or the lip stick well if they are gluten free, i need to check that out first lol

paula

Green12 Enthusiast

We had the same thought Paula.

Donna told me to tell all of you hello, she's come down with a bad cold or sinus infection and she'll be back when she's feeling a little better.

I am not sure about the gluten-free status of Bare Minerals mascara and lip colors.

WW340 Rookie
Hybrid!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing all you learned. I'll try some of the techniques.

I hope some of these techniques work for you. I mix some original glo in to help offset the drying effect of the matt and intensive formulations. I was afraid the thicker layer of silk dust would be more drying, but it actually seems to be protecting rather than drying.

Today i mixed mojave and plum dust and it gave me a great looking blush that im in love with. Yesterday i used plum dust as an eye shadow and it was very very pretty. Im in love with the pkum dust color lol.

I really like the plum dust too, but I haven't tried it for eye shadow yet.

Sounds like you learned a lot, I think it's good to have a demo on applying mineral make-up if you haven't worked with it before because the techniques are different. Now that you know the basics you can mix and match your products to find what best works for you.

Have you been able to recreate what she did for you?

I did learn a lot. I have not yet received my foundation from Sephora, but I already like my EM better with the new techniques. In fact, a whole lot better, I can almost reproduce the results with what I have now, but hope to get the exact match figured out once I get my foundation to compare it to.

My big problem is not being able to consistantly create the same mix. Sometimes it is a little lighter, sometimes a little darker. I need something small enough to accurately measure the the components so I can get consistent mixing results.

Im thinking of straying a little myself to bare minerals. I will never try any others eye shadows cause i love all the ones i have, but thinking of maybe the mascara or the lip stick well if they are gluten free, i need to check that out first lol

paula

I am glad you bumped it up. I thought it had finally gotten pulled lol.

I hope Donna and Shannon both get to feeling better soon.

We had the same thought Paula.

Donna told me to tell all of you hello, she's come down with a bad cold or sinus infection and she'll be back when she's feeling a little better.

I am not sure about the gluten-free status of Bare Minerals mascara and lip colors.

yep we did, well i camt to the thread after searching for it, then i started to type then of ocurse the phone rang, so when i came back to finish i looked and seen u posted i was like i bet i look like an ding dong saying im bumping it up when julie posted before me. Blame it on the stress im living threw and all the bleach i have been cleaning with lol

paula

ShadowSwallow Newbie

I hope you feel better soon, Donna! And you too Glass House. :wub: :wub:

I haven't been feeling too well myself, but I got up the courage to try the Lavender Everydaywear. It's a rather heavy... way too heavy to be worn under foundation during the day, but it's wonderful to put on at night! It gets absorbed into the skin... and isn't lavender supposed to be anti-inflamatory and anti-acne?

So, I'm going to be making an order soon! I've found the foundation that works for me (for now :P) and I'm probably going to get a mini-kit.

Green12 Enthusiast
I haven't been feeling too well myself, but I got up the courage to try the Lavender Everydaywear. It's a rather heavy... way too heavy to be worn under foundation during the day, but it's wonderful to put on at night! It gets absorbed into the skin... and isn't lavender supposed to be anti-inflamatory and anti-acne?

Sorry you haven't been feeling well either Birdy.

Yes, oil of lavender has wonderful healing properties. It's anti-bacterial as well as calming and soothing to the skin and senses, so it's good stuff.

Green12 Enthusiast

I think there are a couple of changes, of course I haven't been paying attention so they may have been up there for a while, but I noticed-

Face and Blush colors: New Car Smell (made the regular line up) and Wet Sand (that is new isn't it?)

cruelshoes Enthusiast

New things I have tried in the last few days that I like a lot:

Well being as a liner - I think I like this even better than Mystic Night. It's a great dark sparkly purple.

Morocco - Not as dark as I thought it would be. Looked great with my green eyes.

Oasis - not nearly as yellow as I thought it would be. I got a little scared looking at the EM website at the picture of the redhead with the goldfinger eyes. But it's a nice goldy brown. I think you could to a lot with it.

I hope the new wesite will be out soon. I am not holding my breath though.

Sorry for all the people that are not feeling well. I am on my way out the door to the doctor's office to see about a cough that I've had for almost 6 weeks. What a drag!

Green12 Enthusiast

That's good to know about the Oasis Colleen, it's one I have but haven't tried yet. Sorry about your lingering cough.

My favorites so far are Baby Bath, Ginger Peach, Cypress, and Morocco-- all great for green eyes.

For a creamy beige/white brow bone highlighter would you guys recommend Floating Feathers, Good China, or Rare Silk?

That's good to know about the Oasis Colleen, it's one I have but haven't tried yet. Sorry about your lingering cough.

My favorites so far are Baby Bath, Ginger Peach, Cypress, and Morocco-- all great for green eyes.

For a creamy beige/white brow bone highlighter would you guys recommend Floating Feathers, Good China, or Rare Silk?

Julie, good china. floating feathers is to white, no beige in it.

paula

WW340 Rookie

Well, naturally, I gave up waiting for the new special to come out and finally ordered this afternoon. Now the website has taken down the old special and it says new special coming soon. I should have held out for just a little longer. Oh well, I am sure I can find something to order if I absolutely have to have the new special lol. I guess they were just waiting for me to push the order button lol.

New things I have tried in the last few days that I like a lot:

Well being as a liner - I think I like this even better than Mystic Night. It's a great dark sparkly purple.

Morocco - Not as dark as I thought it would be. Looked great with my green eyes.

Oasis - not nearly as yellow as I thought it would be. I got a little scared looking at the EM website at the picture of the redhead with the goldfinger eyes. But it's a nice goldy brown. I think you could to a lot with it.

I hope the new wesite will be out soon. I am not holding my breath though.

Sorry for all the people that are not feeling well. I am on my way out the door to the doctor's office to see about a cough that I've had for almost 6 weeks. What a drag!

I have the Oasis and have not tried it yet. I have been very careful ever since I had that hive on my eye. I am not experimenting with colors right now.

I hope you get to feeling better, too.

I vote for the good china. I really like that color. I agree with paula that the floating feathers is too light. It is white shimmers. I used it today and discovered it immediately ruined my look. It just made everything else look different. I like it for an eye primer, but not for a highlighter.

The good china really compliments the ginger peach IMO. Actually, it goes well with most of my colors.

Green12 Enthusiast

Thanks for the recommendation of Good China guys, I really appreciate it.

Well, naturally, I gave up waiting for the new special to come out and finally ordered this afternoon. Now the website has taken down the old special and it says new special coming soon. I should have held out for just a little longer. Oh well, I am sure I can find something to order if I absolutely have to have the new special lol. I guess they were just waiting for me to push the order button lol.

They haven't been very speedy about getting their new specials out in the past, this time doesn't seem to be any different.

WW340 Rookie

Julie, I almost forgot to tell you though that my very favorite brow bone color is Chamomile. Actually, that is the one that goes so well with ginger peach. I wear chamomile the most for under the brow. Sorry got confused for a minute.

I like the good china too, but I use chamomile more than any other.

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie, I almost forgot to tell you though that my very favorite brow bone color is Chamomile. Actually, that is the one that goes so well with ginger peach. I wear chamomile the most for under the brow. Sorry got confused for a minute.

I like the good china too, but I use chamomile more than any other.

Ok, I will make a mental note about the Chamomile.

Thanks.

cruelshoes Enthusiast

I consider myself the Grand Duchess of eyeshadow colors (Donna is the Queen :lol: ) since I have over 40 colors now. I have all of those colors you mentioned. I would definitely go with Good China. It is hands down the color I use most often for a hilighter or base. It is the perfect combination of beige/peach/pink. It works with everything. Floating Feathers is very white. I like it a lot with the purples. Rare silk is matte, and can have a tendency to look a little gray. On the EM site, I read a recommendation from someone to combine it with a little pick me up pink concealer to mellow it out. That works great.

Thanks for the get well wishes, everybody. Turns out I have bronchitis. With 10 days of antibiotics I should be right as rain soon.

Jestgar Rising Star

Julie, I also use my trial foundations that are too light as eyeshadow bases and highlighters.

I hope they add new eye shadows when the new site goes up, cause i now offivcially have everyone that in on their website. I snuck an small order in this week lol.

paula

Archived