Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Libbyk

Pictures, Avitars, Photos

It only will accept certain formats so make sure it is a jpg file or one that they accept. I had trouble with this too with changing my avatar. It should work then.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Join eNewsletter

You can't do a personal photo. You need to do edit avatar settings, which you're allowed to do. Then choose one from the gallery or import one with a file extension that is allowed...they list them if you click on edit avatar settings.

Join eNewsletter

My photo is too big. It is about 200KB which I know is too big but I don't know how to get it to be smaller. I tried looking around on EasyShare and there's nothing that says "resize" or anything like that. All of the Kodak pics are too big so I guess I won't be putting a pic on as I don't have a scanner to create a smaller photo! What a bummer...

Join eNewsletter

Windows has a program in the accessories folder called "Paint" which can do this. Use it to open the file. Use the Image pull-down and select Stretch/Skew, and enter a value less than 100 for stretch; it will shink the image. Use the same value for both horizontal and vertial, or you will distort the picture. You can also use this tool to crop the image, although that is a bit trickier. Use "Save As..." to save the altered image under a new name, since the shrunken image has reduced resolution compared to the original.

Depending on the level of windows and other options, you may be able to access Paint by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit from the options.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

I use Infranview

http://www.irfanview.com/

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2192-10021962.html

You can resize your pictures to fit the avator guidelines on this board. Go to image (on the tool bar) then go to Resize/Resample. Click on set new size and make the width 149 and height 111. That should work! If not, just make the picture smaller. And don't forget to save the new setting!

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Join eNewsletter

I did it!! :lol: Wahoo!!

Now you guys will know who I am! :)

Now you guys will know who I am... :blink: Uh-oh.. I hope I haven't offended anybody!

- Michelle :wub:

Not offensive at all...it's nice to put a face with the name so you know who you are talking to :D

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Join eNewsletter

I'll try again :P

Go here: Edit Avatar Settings

To get a picture of your own, click on browse, and pick a picture of yours that has a correct file extension (meaning it ends in .jpeg, .jpg, or .png). A file extension is the thing that comes at the end of a document, for example, all your word documents end in .doc.

Second, make sure that it's no larger than 150 x 150 pixels. You can deal with this by cropping your picture as psawyer suggested. The easiest way to crop is to select the part of the picture that you want with a select tool, then click crop.

Finally, make sure the picture is of the correct memory size (less than 50 KB). To do this, go to where your picture is stored (in "my documents or whatever) and right click on it, then choose properties. It will say "Size: ___ KB). If the picture is over 50 kb, the board will reject it. It sounds complicated, but it isn't really and just ask if you want me to elaborate on something ;)

Your avatar must be no bigger than 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif .jpeg .jpg .png

Join eNewsletter

Thanks guys :P . Now my pic will be available constantly. Cause geocities didn't show it anymore after a while. And now I can change it more frequently and on the other message boards I am I won't have problems with loading up either anymore. Cool!

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA

Join eNewsletter

So, am I the only male willing to post my own picture? All I see are pictures of women. I know celiac3270 is male, but he is hiding behind a waterfall. I hope he doesn't get too wet :lol:

:huh: I realize that the majority of the participants on this board are female, and that the vast majority are young. I'm 50 and male... :ph34r:

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter