This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pictures, Avitars, Photos

Guest Libbyk

celiac3270 Collaborator

Go to my controls, then EDIT AVATAR OPTIONS... you went to "personal photo" probably, which you can't do, but the avatar is what shows up next to your post. Try that ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jknnej Collaborator

I tried, but it won't let me put in a personal photo. How did the others get one in there? Can we ask Scott for permission? I know a few others have one...there's got to be a way!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

It only will accept certain formats so make sure it is a jpg file or one that they accept. I had trouble with this too with changing my avatar. It should work then.

celiac3270 Collaborator

You can't do a personal photo. You need to do edit avatar settings, which you're allowed to do. Then choose one from the gallery or import one with a file extension that is allowed...they list them if you click on edit avatar settings.

jknnej Collaborator

I tried to do a Kodak Easy Share photo that was a jpg file, which is allowed. It still says I am not allowed...oh well. I don't know what else to try so I guess I won't waste any more time on it!

Emme999 Enthusiast

Jennifer -

I can't figure it out either! :angry: Son of a --!

Oh well, we shall remain enigmas ;)

- Michelle :wub:

celiac3270 Collaborator

Also make sure that the picture is small enough ;) Don't give up! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jknnej Collaborator

My photo is too big. It is about 200KB which I know is too big but I don't know how to get it to be smaller. I tried looking around on EasyShare and there's nothing that says "resize" or anything like that. All of the Kodak pics are too big so I guess I won't be putting a pic on as I don't have a scanner to create a smaller photo! What a bummer...

psawyer Proficient

Windows has a program in the accessories folder called "Paint" which can do this. Use it to open the file. Use the Image pull-down and select Stretch/Skew, and enter a value less than 100 for stretch; it will shink the image. Use the same value for both horizontal and vertial, or you will distort the picture. You can also use this tool to crop the image, although that is a bit trickier. Use "Save As..." to save the altered image under a new name, since the shrunken image has reduced resolution compared to the original.

Depending on the level of windows and other options, you may be able to access Paint by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit from the options.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I use Infranview

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

You can resize your pictures to fit the avator guidelines on this board. Go to image (on the tool bar) then go to Resize/Resample. Click on set new size and make the width 149 and height 111. That should work! If not, just make the picture smaller. And don't forget to save the new setting!

Emme999 Enthusiast

I did it!! :lol: Wahoo!!

Now you guys will know who I am! :)

Now you guys will know who I am... :blink: Uh-oh.. I hope I haven't offended anybody!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Offended us? Not me, anyway. Nice to see you! :lol:

Emme999 Enthusiast

Thanks celiac3270! :)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
I did it!! :lol: Wahoo!!

Now you guys will know who I am! :)

Now you guys will know who I am... :blink: Uh-oh.. I hope I haven't offended anybody!

Not offensive at all...it's nice to put a face with the name so you know who you are talking to :D

pmrowley Newbie

'Course, some of us are shy, so we use our cute doggies as avatars... ;)

jknnej Collaborator

Well, I will try again when I get home. But I am a tech dummy. Some of those instructions you guys wrote were a little steep for me; I hate to admit it.

but I will try later!

celiac3270 Collaborator

I'll try again :P

Go here: Open Original Shared Link

To get a picture of your own, click on browse, and pick a picture of yours that has a correct file extension (meaning it ends in .webp, .webp, or .png). A file extension is the thing that comes at the end of a document, for example, all your word documents end in .doc.

Second, make sure that it's no larger than 150 x 150 pixels. You can deal with this by cropping your picture as psawyer suggested. The easiest way to crop is to select the part of the picture that you want with a select tool, then click crop.

Finally, make sure the picture is of the correct memory size (less than 50 KB). To do this, go to where your picture is stored (in "my documents or whatever) and right click on it, then choose properties. It will say "Size: ___ KB). If the picture is over 50 kb, the board will reject it. It sounds complicated, but it isn't really and just ask if you want me to elaborate on something ;)

Your avatar must be no bigger than 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif .webp .webp .png

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

Thanks guys :P . Now my pic will be available constantly. Cause geocities didn't show it anymore after a while. And now I can change it more frequently and on the other message boards I am I won't have problems with loading up either anymore. Cool!

flagbabyds Collaborator

I keep updating my avatar, it's just too much fun to keep changing my pictures, really I probably won't have one avatar for more than like a month :)

jknnej Collaborator

Ok, LOL now I need to try and make my face shown!!

flagbabyds Collaborator

YAY it worked~!~

celiac3270 Collaborator
Ok, LOL now I need to try and make my face shown!!

Yay! It worked! Congratulations :D

psawyer Proficient

So, am I the only male willing to post my own picture? All I see are pictures of women. I know celiac3270 is male, but he is hiding behind a waterfall. I hope he doesn't get too wet :lol:

:huh: I realize that the majority of the participants on this board are female, and that the vast majority are young. I'm 50 and male... :ph34r:

flagbabyds Collaborator

I have been bugging celiac3270 to change his avatar for SUCH a long time!!!! But he still won't!!! Bleh to you celiac3270

jknnej Collaborator

My face looks really distorted in this picture b/c of the resizing....sigh. I'll have to figure something else out!! LOL

Archived