This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

You Know You're Gluten Free If......

Poppi

Poppi Enthusiast

You burn your toast and eat it anyway because those two tiny pieces of bread cost $1.50

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

You burn your toast and eat it anyway because those two tiny pieces of bread cost $1.50

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there, done that. :D

glutenfreeinminnesota Contributor

Hahaha!! Yes...I just scraped off the burned nasty-ness :D It costs too much to throw away!

zus888 Contributor

I had to throw 3 slices away because I wasn't thinking and put it in the wrong toaster! ACK!

also know you're gluten free when you start having nightmares about eating something with gluten.

Diane-in-FL Explorer

I did that same thing with my new toaster......I thought setting #3 would to be fine. Way to dark, but I ate it....it was Udi's and I wasn't about to throw it away! :P

notme Experienced

I had to throw 3 slices away because I wasn't thinking and put it in the wrong toaster! ACK!

also know you're gluten free when you start having nightmares about eating something with gluten.

LOL i had one (nightmare) this morning that i was heating my last piece of The Most Awesome gluten-free Pizza Ever (doesn't exist, sigh, it was a dream...) and somebody chucked a huge piece of italian bread on top of it!!

you know you're gluten free if all the inbox photos on your phone are pictures of grocery packages or ingredients (my husband lol is always second guessing at the store, God bless him!)

alex11602 Collaborator

LOL i had one (nightmare) this morning that i was heating my last piece of The Most Awesome gluten-free Pizza Ever (doesn't exist, sigh, it was a dream...) and somebody chucked a huge piece of italian bread on top of it!!

you know you're gluten free if all the inbox photos on your phone are pictures of grocery packages or ingredients (my husband lol is always second guessing at the store, God bless him!)

At least he cares enough to second guess:) My husband does the same thing except it's calling me a bunch of times while he is shopping (annoying at times but at least he cares enough to take the time)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Googles Community Regular

You know you are gluten free if you call a company and stay on hold for ten minutes to find out if their food is gluten free waiting in the same palace given that the cell reception in the store is spotty. And you just smile at the store personnel who is stocking food across the aisle from you.

anabananakins Explorer

You know you are gluten free if you call a company and stay on hold for ten minutes to find out if their food is gluten free waiting in the same palace given that the cell reception in the store is spotty. And you just smile at the store personnel who is stocking food across the aisle from you.

Haha, I always wondered who an earth would call those info lines. Now I know - me! And yes, there is always someone stocking the shelves near by...

You know you're gluten free when your fear of being near people eating toast (or garlic bread, agh!) has become stronger than your fear of spiders.

Greenling Newbie

You know you're gluten free if you know the best prices and places to buy amaranth, quinoa and teff.

Lisa Mentor

You might enjoy some of these as well:

...but still looking for the Classic Chris/celiac3270 "You know You're Celiac if....".

Here We Go:

(This brought laughing tears to my eyes many years ago.)

...enjoy!

Archived