Ahorsesoul

Land Of Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream

Rate this topic

I picked up some Land of Lakes Heavy Whipping cream only because our local Walmart was out of their brand. I use whipping cream in my coffee and with berries every day. I've never had a reaction to the other two brands I've used (Walmart and Kemps). I'm wondering if anyone else has had a reaction to this brand.

I know some people can't tolerate dairy but this isn't a problem for me. This is the second time I've reacted to Land of Lakes. Any ideas?

Forgot to add the ingredients:

heavy cream, contains less than 0.5% of the following: mono and diglycerides, polysorbate 80 and carrageenan

Carrageenan can cause intestinal problems for some people. You may want to see if the Walmart and Kemp brands has it. If they don't, you may have found your culprit!

• Upvote 1

I have some Great Value Half & Half and it does have carrageenan in it (I don't have any heavy whipping cream).

I can't tolerate carrageenan, so most whipped creams or full creams are out. I can tolerate dairy products without carrageenan, including Half & Half. I've been bummed that I can't find whipping cream without carrageenan.

Carrageenan is a seaweed prduct, don't know why it would be problm, but for me it seems to be a problem.

Walmarts has the same ingredients but does say it gluten free.

The label on my Great Value Half & Half says it's a "Naturally Gluten-Free Food".