Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

The Fireworks Are Still Flying

8 posts in this topic

onedesperatelady may need a new name.  Getting giddy usually  happens right before my next dive.  Dive after dive has come to me since I began my hardest battle with mostly untreated celiac 6 years ago.  By battling I mean spending much effort to help my body work right, my plight with celiac began at least three decades ago.  Before it ended,  I even stopped eating all sweets and chocolate!  That's very un-American.

This time, I have cause to rejoice.  I feel better.  I jumped out of bed this morning with no alarm and before 6 am, because I wanted to get up!  My bedtime, throughout the battle has been 10 pm, but lately I experienced nights in which I wasn't tired yet.  In recent days, I spent hours in the garden and then began to ponder what to do with the rest of my day.  In past years I would drop on the couch with devastated energy.

Recently, my husband told me that things have been going better the last 9 months.  He perceives that I do have a problem with gluten, and it is getting healed up.

A few weeks back I did my second nutrient level tests.  Just yesterday, I heard the results.  My vitamin B levels, which had been low last November, sky rocketed.  Well, they were a little high.  My iron levels had recovered after a dip a couple of months back.  Other nutrient levels had come up to normal, except folatin and vitamin D.  This is the very first objective proof of my recovery since going gluten free, and I am very excited.

I would insert fireworks here, but I don't know hot to do it **.  Well, that is the best I can do.

I hope for all of you that you will have a day like this in which, you feel as if you conquered, and go on living an energetic life.  Have some flowers *** and get well!

D

Ads by Google:

:)  :)  :)  

Since I don't know how to do fireworks either I thought I would 'blow up' smiley faces. (Well I tried to anyway but I guess there are only so many the board will allow us to post. <_< )

That's great news and thanks for posting it.

News like yours gives newbies hope.

4thFireworks04.gif

Always nice to remind those starting out that although the road can be long and difficult and at times seem impossible if they read some of these other threads, there is hope and healing.

You give me a shred of hope.

This is fantastic news!

Thanks for sharing...ill light a sparkler for you here...yep...I stashed a few away to spread the fun out over this weekend :)

so glad you are feeling better :)  it's awesome to feel awesome!  (it just takes a while, sometimes)  congratulations!   :D