Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Looking For Ultra Safe Brand Of Brown Sugar?

8 posts in this topic

Hi!  Does any other super sensitive have a safe brand of brown sugar?  I am afraid to try some organic brands, because it doesn't say anything about whether it's processed in a facility with wheat, etc.  I have Simple Truth and Earthfare brand in my pantry that my family uses.  I am trying to make some applesauce that I can eat too:)

Ads by Google:

I use Domino sugar. I don't think they process anything but sugars.

Thank you:)  I do most of my shopping at Whole Foods though...does anyone have a safe organic brand that they use?

I use Domino sugar. I don't think they process anything but sugars.

I use C&H brown sugar. :) No issues here.

I am extremely sensitive and I haven't found a brand of processed sugar that I can tolerate.  I tried about a half dozen before I gave up.  I grow sugar beets and can eat them just fine.  I also had a brand of honey that I was able to tolerate.  I make my applesauce without added sweetener and it's very good.  I use golden delicious apples because they are one of the sweetest.  I don't think that my problems come from sugar being processed in a facility that processes wheat.  I don't think that sugar would be processed with wheat.  I think that it has something to do with the purification process, but that's just speculation.  I found that after not adding sugar to things, I got used to that taste and didn't really need the added sugar anymore.

i use whatever's on sale :) - you know, read the labels...  the only reason i switched (pre gluten-free pantry to gluten-free pantry) was because people (myself included) cc'd it by using the same spoon when baking with wheat flour.  i don't worry much about sugar being processed with wheat. 

Hi.

I've used "sugar in the raw" for many years with no problems.

lisa