16 replies to this topic

#16 cultureslayer

cultureslayer

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

I can never get enough sleep, I'm always tired and on the days I'm home I take a nap every afternoon, if I don't I can't even cook dinner.
I was DX with FM/CFS 5 years ago and have hypothyroid..can't get my numbers down even with the synthroid

Try some Armour thyroid (or other T3 source if you are a veggie). It's done great things for me. Might not work for you. but it's at least worth a try. Levoxyl migh as well be a placebo to me. I need large amounts of T3.

I've been tired all week and found out that my protein powder has gluten in it. The replacement I ordered also has gluten, despite the "gluten free" label. I can't wait until I'm completely gluten free for several months to see how much energy I have.

I was tired to the point that it seriously effected my reaction times and made me a danger to myself when I'm on anything less than 15mg below the Armour dose that causes me occassional heart palps and a stimulant. It's hard when you're an adrenaline junkie that's too tired to get your fix. I used to do bicycle distance riding and let me tell you, it sucks when you space out on the motorcycle and end up asphalt surfing. The only good part is all the new gear I'm buying (Mmmmm, leather).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 smack

smack

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:38 PM

I was sleeping about 16 hours a day just before and for a few months after being diagnosed, I was anemic. It wasn't until a full year after going gluten-free, that I didn't tire easily (i.e. I wouldn't wake up tired, but I could still tire if I walked around downtown shopping etc). It clears up and then you feel amazed at the amount of energy you have! I also used to get really lethargic and an almost doped up feeling after eating during those few months after diagnosis, thankfully that went way. It was like I had just eaten a huge Christmas dinner, every day for three four months! Awful, it seems like you will feel tired forever, which can be depressing but it goes away. Like others have said, once he heals, it won't sleep as much. Unless his fatigue is due to something else, but chances are it's from lack of vitamins and nutrients.
The beatings will continue until moral improves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: