19 replies to this topic

#16 lt1981

lt1981

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Also, Dinnotto restaurant in Lincoln Park has gluten free rigatoni and penne. They can also do gluten free eggplant and chicken dishes upon request.

Volare restaurant in Streeterville (which pre-celiac was my favorite Italian restaurant) has gluten free spaghetti available upon request.

Natalinos in WestTown has gluten free penne

Marios has gluten free pasta

Ranaill's of Andersonville and the Lincoln Park location have gluten free pizza that is excellent. The Andersonville location has gluten free pasta and desserts like carrot cake as well.

Quartinos has gluten free spaghetti available, just call ahead to verify it is there.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 once and again

once and again

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hyde Park has a fairly new restaurant called The Sitdown, which has gluten free items as well as sushi. They have pizza, sandwiches and some pasta dishes which can be gluten-free or not. They also have gluten-free soy sauce for the sushi. The owner is gluten-free and from what I can see, always there. Not very expensive and the food is good. The veggie chips with sandwiches are great. For me the best thing is the homemade gumbo and chicken soup. Sometimes I just don't feel like making my own soup.

#18 CantWeight

CantWeight

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

I am gluten-free, Dairy Free/Casein Free, and low-carb (in addition to some other food allergies, still working on those ingredients for dining out). The biggest problem I've encountered is cross-contamination, but these places in the city of Chicago have been great for me:

Keefer's Restaurant Chicago
Nookies in Lincoln Park
Nookies Tree on Halsted in Lakeview
Royal Thai on Montrose
Smoque BBQ
Drew's Eatery on Montrose
Mia Francesca's Restaurants

Rose's Wheat Free Bakery Evanston has the best gluten free pizza and you can select goat milk mozzarella or dairy free cheese

Fattoush Restaurant was sooo delicious but is indefinitely closed since the owner passed away. Hopefully his family will reopen.

#19 Maryw88

Maryw88

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Rosebud restaurants offer gluten free pasta if you call ahead at least a few days. Also, Rose Angelis in Lincoln Park offers gluten free pasta if you order ahead. Vinci has a gluten free menu, as does Adobo Grill. Obviously PF Changs has a fabulous selection. Most mexican restaurants, including frontera grill and salpicon use corn based tortillas. Hannah's Bretzel in the loop is now offering gluten free bread for their sandwiches.

In the suburbs Happ Inn has a gluten free menu with gluten-free pizza etc. Walker Bros. pancake house has delicious gluten free pancakes--they have locations in Glenview, Lincolnshire, Highland Park, Lake Zurich and Arlington Heights.

Rannalis in andersonville is the best for gluten-free pizza. Lots of gluten-free friendly mexican places too.

#20 RiaG14

RiaG14

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

When I was in chicago I ate at the following places and had a good experience. The restaurants are gluten aware.

Wildes, has a gluten-free menu, casual pub/grill
Wildfire, steak house, even have gluten-free bread for you to have while the rest of the table eats theirs
Chicago diner, vegan vegetarian and gluten-free options
Chens chinese and sushi....they had gluten-free soy sauce that they could substitute in any if your meals. Very gluten-free aware
Diagnosed with celiac disease on 12/28/11 after positive blood test and biopsies after family member died of intestinal cancer caused by undiagnosed celiac. I do not have any GI symptoms but do get frequent headaches. I am trying to be 100% gluten-free for three months to see how my blood tests come back and if my headaches go away. Really, I'm just getting started with all of this and trying to figure it all out =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: