This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
I am so disappointed. :lol:

:lol: That is so phunny! How many times have I brought something for Allo, thinking he was gonna just LOVE it, and he gives it barely one of these :huh: , and walks away never to look at it again :lol:

I swear, his fav thing is still an empty paper bag that he hits over on it's side and crawls into. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mimommy Contributor
- have ye gots the insomnia also? <_<

wide freakign awake, I am....

"Queen Mimmsicle"

Mine would be 30. And that still really doesn't hold any interest for me. Imagine what the 21-year-old man-child would be like.

I had insomnia last night, too. Made work today a living ++++

Queen Mimmsicle--Gah!! Like a creamsicle, only colder.

*I* have my priorities strate, all rite!

We do come first ;)

This is likely what Lyle has been discussing with his fellow house-cats each morning as he regards these little morsels. . . ...

:rolleyes:

:lol:

elye Community Regular
Speaking of Skittle, we have a catnip update.

I bought some today, and, he could not have been less interested. No reaction. Zilch.

:huh:

Soooooze! Sprinkle it into some hot water and drink it down during nights when you are lying awake staring at the ceiling. Catnip, for many people, really helps with insomnia. True!

One herb that is good for treating insomnia is catnip. For some reason, though, catnip has never been as popular as valerian, even though the two contain similar components that encourage sleep. Nevertheless, it did have its heyday. The English have long enjoyed their afternoon tea, and in pre-Elizabethan times, the beverage of choice was a relaxing cup ofcatnip tea. Times have changed, however, and now a stimulating cup of imported black tea is preferred. But catnip remains one of the favorite herb teas for sending children off to sleep.

Studies conducted in the late 1970s confirmed that catnip is indeed a potent sleep-inducer for humans. Like valerian, catnip calms you without disrupting performance the next day. And it is a plant that you can easily grow yourself. In fact, if you are lucky enough to have your own herb garden, you might already havecatnip in it. Just be sure to protect it from your cats. Catnip and valerian both have the opposite effect on cats and rats as on people

Jestgar Rising Star
Speaking of Skittle, we have a catnip update.

I bought some today, and, he could not have been less interested. No reaction. Zilch.

:huh:

I am so disappointed. :lol:

He may not be old enough. I remember hearing that catnip doesn't work as well on kittens.

mimommy Contributor
Did Angus walk 2 miles to come home? I think so! He's smart enough.....still can't believe it but SO glad he is home safe! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Omigosh!! Poor widdle guy. So glad he made it home.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Well, I'm 25, so my 'youngest' guy would be 19. Ew.

Double EWWW :o:rolleyes:

But first . . . must do laundry, go grocery shopping, install plant some of me own flowers, make some phone calls . . . would rather go back to bed.

What do you do in yer spare time? (as if!)

Mornin sillies--got nuttin.....pheelin kinda blah. No reason, maybe it's just "Monday".

Are you sad? Blue? Just take that frown and turn it upside down :(:)

Um - I thought that was quite scary, and he has a Tiny Tim quality to him. It made my cat come running in. :lol:

My hubby used to sing "The Rose" to his persian 'Gippy Joe' and she would come running, jump on him, and put her paw over his mouth--twas very funny.

Who put up the Arse-Kicker quote? Funny!!

Takin' names :lol::lol::lol:

mimommy Contributor

That was without a doubt the most historically hysterically funny typo I've evah made:

I said "hump" instead of "jump".

Gahhh!!!!!

(freudian?)

Jestgar Rising Star
That was without a doubt the most historically hysterically funny typo I've evah made:

Gahhh!!!!!

(freudian?)

:lol: :lol: Did not realize it was a typo. Thought maybe you were in a "tmi" sorta mood.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor
Loved this also - you have NAE lost yer silly!!!!!

Bah it's been gone so long . ....

. .. ..might be inching back now that I've decided to go back to only the same damn basic boring few foods that are safest.

Wanted to try dried spices again, went w/ cumin & just a wee taste made me dizzy for 30min.

Spent some time caught in the stupid trap of "well it's not like I'll feel good tomorrow anyway, so wtf, have a choc bar or some chips" (or "crisps" fer Nikerler)

:angry:

I do so miss all the LOLing I used to do 'round here.

. .. .. and said he was afraid of me. :unsure:

*Did* lol a bit there . ..

Penii penne or penne penii??

Why no cannelloni or manicotti?

Hmmmm . .... . ..more Bunnie recipes, anonymous blankies, CIKVEBS!!!!!, whirlybirds, Angus' Journey!, great Star article, Stumpy returns tomorrow!, "Illannoy" (hehe sometimes I say it french - eel-lee-nwah), unpiggy phlue :( . .. & humannip for insomnia??

mimommy Contributor

Hmmmm . .... . ..more Bunnie recipes, anonymous blankies, CIKVEBS!!!!!, whirlybirds, Angus' Journey!, great Star article, Stumpy returns tomorrow!, "Illannoy" (hehe sometimes I say it french - eel-lee-nwah), unpiggy phlue :( . .. & humannip for insomnia??

Man-icotti?

French state of Illinois :lol:

I shop at Tar-zjey and Jaques Pen-nay. Sal's boutique, too :rolleyes:

Unpiggy phlue--poor kid. Unskinny Bop iz bettah.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Soooooze! Sprinkle it into some hot water and drink it down during nights when you are lying awake staring at the ceiling. Catnip, for many people, really helps with insomnia. True!

hmmm....p'raps I'll add this to me hot milk and brandy.

although, I have, in the past, drank (drunk?) half a bottle of valerian, and multi-tasked ALL NIGHT. Remember, even a double dose of my actual prescribed SLEEPING PILLS do not work, at times. :(

Maybe catnip IS the answer I"ve been seeking all my life :lol:

He may not be old enough. I remember hearing that catnip doesn't work as well on kittens.

he's about 9 months? I'll try it again in a few.......

My hubby used to sing "The Rose" to his persian 'Gippy Joe' and she would come running, jump on him, and put her paw over his mouth--twas very funny.

:lol: Um, Mimms, if your husband (or anyone) sang The Rose in my presence, *I* would run over and hump jump him and put my paw over his mouth also :lol: :lol:

Hey Rach, how are you feeling today? after no sleep and some hellish day at work? Got any catnip, fer tonight? :)

Gahhh!!!!!

(freudian?)

Did not realize it was a typo. Thought maybe you were in a "tmi" sorta mood.

:lol: pseriously, around here, anything's possible

*Did* lol a bit there . ..

Penii penne or penne penii??

Hmmmm . .... . ..more Bunnie recipes, anonymous blankies, CIKVEBS!!!!!, whirlybirds, Angus' Journey!, great Star article, Stumpy returns tomorrow!, "Illannoy" (hehe sometimes I say it french - eel-lee-nwah), unpiggy phlue . .. & humannip for insomnia??

PTAUM-ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: Nice li'l recap!!!!!!!!!

You have NAE lost yer silly!

and, 'tis a proven pscientific phact that reading along here WILL increase one's silly.......journal findings coming out on Facebook within the week. :lol:

In other news.............

oh my holy Lord - it's going to be ONE HUNDRED DEGREES this weekend.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I CAN NOT TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So - Sills - who among youse has got the best climate right now? we'll all roll in Friday :lol:

Please iron the sheets and spritz them with lavendar, if you will. Brandy and catnip on my nightstand, please :D

Pondering the cabin - but such crazy isolation :huh: dunno if any of my peeps could go right now.....or if it's even available. <_<

OMG - Big Bang Theory is on - must go - always a conflict between that and Antiques Road Show :huh:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Man-icotti?

French state of Illinois

I shop at Tar-zjey and Jaques Pen-nay. Sal's boutique, too

Unpiggy phlue--poor kid. Unskinny Bop iz bettah.

My college roommate's hubby is from DeKalb, and we do use the French pronunciation, for no reason. Other than we had YEARS of French (so useful in Fresno <_< )

I shop at Mar-SHALLS

Did you sills all know that - I used to have lots of energy and ambition and discipline? :huh:

Shocking, I know. :lol:

Dang, I miss having that kind of stamina and energy and....psychotic focus. I'm just a lazy-ass hag now. :huh: Wistfully recalling my former successes, and wishing I had enough interest and energy to throw myself into anything but me friends and loved ones. This includes me Sills. :wub:

Why in HELL have I gotten so deep this eve?:unsure:

Oh, I think menses is coming tomorrow.

and Bob's yer uncle. :lol:

RAYCHULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We is squigglin' together. :) What you gots to say, Your Mimmjesty?

Hey, can we get Shroomie to join Facebook? Let's harass her until she does :lol:

mimommy Contributor
Why in HELL have I gotten so deep this eve? :unsure:

Oh, I think menses is coming tomorrow.

and Bob's yer uncle. :lol:

RAYCHULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We is squigglin' together. :) What you gots to say, Your Mimmjesty?

Hey, can we get Shroomie to join Facebook? Let's harass her until she does :lol:

Tis a conundrum, me Suze. The deeper one looks, the less one sees.

(wow, she's like Ghandi 'er sumfin :huh: )

And Flo's yer Aunt :D

I am all squiggly. But must get sleep tonight.

Yes, let's lure Nero onto da book into da vortex of lurve ;)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Tis a conundrum, me Suze. The deeper one looks, the less one sees.

(wow, she's like Ghandi 'er sumfin :huh: )

:lol: :lol: Ghandi!

Oh sills. I hate this time. I'm feeling restless. It's 10:15, I am WIDE awake, I can't call anyone, no one's here, or HERE in my home, sleep is HOURS away, and.....bah. :huh: don't feel like readin', and am feeling very social. :lol: With no one to talk to, except a couple of wackl peeps that I've ALREADY talked to.

Oh! I'll call Fluffy Kat :)

I think I need some friends in like, Hawaii er sumfin. They're five hours behind. I could call them at this hour and it wouldn't be rude. :lol: :lol:

well........will continue to watch my native American show on PBS and see if my hairstyle can evolve in any way. Do you think Geronimo ever got expensive highlights? I need some again. :angry: <stricken with ennui at the thought>

B)

elye Community Regular

Morning, Sillies!

I was again just thinking of Amanda. .......hope all is okay her way...

Aunt Flow and Uncle Bob!! :lol: I can easily picture them..... . ...

Planning a big party weekend in Toronto in mid-June, POeter. . ..... :unsure::o . . ......it'll be truly whirlwind, and I will be far too drunkenly challenged to organize a rendezvous wit choo .. . .. :lol:

My brother is in a very good Toronto bar band, and they will be playing over on the Island......must find a link. . . ......

Ah! Here. . . ....

Open Original Shared Link

These guys are not nearly as cute as Jyess's li'l chickens, but i do hope they sound better... .. . . ....

Jestgar Rising Star
<a href="Open Original Shared Link Advertisement/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=428481685&albumId=308099" target="external ugc nofollow">Open Original Shared Link Advertisement/index.cfm?...;albumId=308099</a>

These guys are not nearly as cute as Jyess's li'l chickens, but i do hope they sound better... .. . . ....

:lol: :lol: Em'ly got 'lamed'!!

Got home late yesterday. Chickies were hungry! and kinda mad...I totally got chewed out. Need to leave them more food I guess. It just seems like they poop on it though.

flourgirl Apprentice
oh my holy Lord - it's going to be ONE HUNDRED DEGREES this weekend.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I CAN NOT TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So - Sills - who among youse has got the best climate right now? we'll all roll in Friday :lol:

Please iron the sheets and spritz them with lavendar, if you will. Brandy and catnip on my nightstand, please :D

Pondering the cabin - but such crazy isolation :huh: dunno if any of my peeps could go right now.....or if it's even available. <_<

OMG - Big Bang Theory is on - must go - always a conflict between that and Antiques Road Show :huh:

Oh, Psuess!! I would trade in a minute! We have been *cold* with 60's days and 50 at night for the last couple of days. Back to the 70's hopefully for the next couple. Some of my family are going to be visiting here for a few days.....you're more than welcome to join us...the more the merrier. BUTT, I have to warn you we are all *tee-total-ers*. Butt.....no one would have any concerns about you enjoying your "relaxers" :)

I have other mints in my gardens.....lemonbalm and peppermint. Do they work like catnip? Probably not.

Sjess-ter....I yam so jealous of your chickees! I want....but am not yet prepared for! I so miss pets of any kind. Maybe this year.....later.

I been reedin along and not poopin in w' much. I do appree-she-ate all the psillies...keepin me goin'....speshully when I'm not pheelin/seein/thinkin about the reasons to keep goin. Hope all is sun-shiny in psilli-villi!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Mornin sillies B)

Teeereessa--You just keep wif yer sillies!! Your days will be shinier and soon warmer :D Readin' along is good fer what ails ya ;)

Hi Judith--I see ya down there :D

Em's planning a drunkin fete--should be phab! And yeah--you did get "lame advertised" :lol:

Jess's chickies are mad at her--didn't I tell ya'll that chickens always looked pissed off to me????? :P They have that LOOK as they peer down their beeks......evidently moreso if hungry. :rolleyes: Love em though--I have some really cool chicken facsimiles around here :lol:

Hope ya got some shut-eye, Sooz. :)-_-

Weather--mine is just hot and humid B) From the looks of things, this is it till sometime in October :o Big storms in the area yesterday--here, nothin more than thunder....at Mark's office 20 minutes from here, buckets of rain, thunder/lightening, and loss of power. :blink:

Hope Amanda's just busy but ok. Last we heard she was.....

Saw Pataughmn pooped in last night wif a lil bit o'sillie creapin back :D I try to add foods back in too, from time to time wif mixed results. Got a little cocky after I added dairy...... <_<

elye Community Regular
It just seems like they poop on it though.

I HATE when this happens in me family . ... ....ya go and prepare a nice Sunday dinner. . . . ....

:huh::lol:

Mornin sillies B)

Jess's chickies are mad at her--didn't I tell ya'll that chickens always looked pissed off to me????? :P They have that LOOK as they peer down their beeks......evidently moreso if hungry.

OMG......the nurse that my dad has had the past shift is exactly like this. . .....she looks very like a pissed-off chicken - - peering down her beak-like nose, even, I would assume, after just coming off lunch. . . .....

If she is there this aft, I believe I will ask her if she habitually poops on her food. . . . ......

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Mornin sillies B)

Saw Pataughmn pooped in last night wif a lil bit o'sillie creapin back :D I try to add foods back in too, from time to time wif mixed results. Got a little cocky after I added dairy...... <_<

Uh-oh.... did you lose yer dairy? :(

I made meatloaf last night, easy dairy free!

jerseyangel Proficient

Nope--I just had to modify. I seem to be fine with greek yogurt, cheese and milk. But not ice cream :angry: Tried 3 different brands--no go. When I get me ice cream maker out of storage, I'm gonna try homemade.

I got brave, though and tried tapioca too--that was a bad idea! Tapioca still hates me <_<:lol:

M-m-m-m....meatloaf :P

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Afternoon peeps!!! :D

Boris....my wee ginger cat has finally broke his 'depression'

He's been moping around, mewing pitifully for WEEKS....but this morning he caught and killed a sparrow - plopped it down on the settee for me :(<I had to touch it :vomitface:>

...he's had his fix and is euphoric and in his happy place like an OD of catnip :lol:

Skittle, the onion and the Ipod earpiece (Book title?) :lol:

NOT available in MY country :angry:

Why not!!!!......... was it Cikvebs?? :unsure:

HAHAHAHAAA!!!!! My mother showed me this video yesterday.

Have you seen the Greek Irish dancers? Stavros Flatley? Bloody HEE-LARIOUS!

:lol:

I think someone linked it.....phunnee!

:ph34r:I might have been in some Phuzzie orange haze.

Souzie's having trouble distinguishing the coloUr of her crotch crutch tips :rolleyes:

Gahhh!!!!!

(freudian?)

Milaydee maked me larph :lol:

Spent some time caught in the stupid trap of "well it's not like I'll feel good tomorrow anyway, so wtf, have a choc bar or some chips" (or "crisps" fer Nikerler)

PHATAUGHM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do so appreciate your translations :D

ME TOO!!!

Please, stop eating ALL phood & then you'll be PSUPER PSILLIE!!!!......won't you??:unsure:

I was again just thinking of Amanda. .......hope all is okay her way...

She sent me a message on da book, said she's got alot of stuff going on at the moment :(

a href="Open Original Shared Link Advertisement/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=428481685&albumId=308099" target="external ugc nofollow">Open Original Shared Link Advertisement/index.cfm?...;albumId=308099</a>

I have missed those 'lame advertisements' :rolleyes:

BUSTED for too many quotes.. :angry: ......part deux coming up.......

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Part deux.......

Oh, Psuess!! I would trade in a minute! We have been *cold* with 60's days and 50 at night for the last couple of days. Back to the 70's hopefully for the next couple. Some of my family are going to be visiting here for a few days.....you're more than welcome to join us...the more the merrier. BUTT, I have to warn you we are all *tee-total-ers*. Butt.....no one would have any concerns about you enjoying your "relaxers" :)

Me too Tea!!!!...would swap but not t-total :lol:

T, hope yer psillie finds yer soon!! :D

Did you Pads??? :unsure:

..am intrigued (in a British kind of way)

What's in it??? :unsure:

psawyer Proficient

Good afternoon, sillies!

Open Original Shared Link It is in today's print edition.

Not much happening around here today.

Jestgar Rising Star
Good afternoon, sillies!

Not much happening around here today.

Very cool!

Such a shame he's not as handsome as his brother. :( Ah well, I guess he'll have to survive on his stories.

jerseyangel Proficient
Good afternoon, sillies!

Yes, very cool! Will you be able to watch the show up there?

Archived