This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Well, my morning started out with a bang.

Just another day eh Roda! :rolleyes::lol:

...at least you didn't put your foot in the poo ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast

I prefer 'Ephen - Stephen' meselph..... ...... . . :rolleyes:

How does that ephen work? :unsure:

:lol:

elye Community Regular

Gaaaaahhh, Roda! What a day! :blink::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Good heavens, Roda :o What a way to start the day/week!

Roda Rising Star

Gaaaaahhh, Roda! What a day! :blink::lol:

We've been havin a good laugh about it. The boys were so funny. They were in their underwear standing in the livingroom waiting to wack it with their swords. It was priceless. :D

jerseyangel Proficient

I prefer 'Ephen - Stephen' meselph..... ...... . . :rolleyes:

Well, this would be a psyllier spelling--that's fer sure. I was going fer a simple approach....more me speed :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Well, my morning started out with a bang. Husband wakes me up around 06:20 and tells me the dog had an accident on the floor. GAWD! I get up and he does help me by scraping up the doggie diarrhea puddle with a putty knife into a plastic bag. Marshall, our german shephard, must have felt sympathy for me and decided to get the scoots too. :lol: Darn those kids for feeding him some marinated beef kabob meat last night. Thanks boys! As I am filling up the solution container for the cleaning machine I knock a glass into the sink and it shatters and I have to get the shop vac to clean it up. I turn off the air and open up the house to vent and proceede to clean the rest of the stain up with the machine. As I am running the carpet machine I hear this high pitched squeek. I turn it off and discover in the kitchen a mouse. The darn cat brought it in from the back door I had open (it does not have a screen) and walks off. :o WTF, I thought cats were supposed to catch and kill stuff, not bring them in the house alive to run around. The dog would not even go after it. I look around for something to put over top. I take a few steps to the dining room and find a container turn around and it's gone! I know it did not go out the door because I was in front of it. Just great it's loose in the house. All this and I still got to get the youngest one to daycare and the oldest one to the dentist to get his filling he lost replaced. All my noise wakes up the boys and I tell them what happened. They go in their rooms and come back out with their toy swords in hand to "wack the mouse". I start getting them breakfast when the youngest starts shouting "mouse in the house". It runs through the dining room and I kept yelling for my oldest catch it. He chases it with the container, but is darts under the couch. It pokes it's nose out once to make fun of me and goes back under. We finish getting ready and I keep the boys on watch. The thought of leaving the house with the thing loose is driving me nuts. Oldest boy leaves the cat in and she starts sniffing around the couch and goes under, swats at it but doesn't get it. Finally, I decide to move the couch before we leave and out it runs. Oldest son sucessfully gets the container over it. He slides it over to the front door and onto a newspaper. We let it go out in the front yard. We get a good look at it and it does not look like a mouse at all. No visible ears, longer nose and a very short tail. It runs around out in the yard and NOW the dog's interested. <_< He grabs it a few times and him and the boys chase it across the street where they kick into the street drain. We discovered it probably was a northern short tailed shrew. Of all the the things to get into the house. :o

. . . but other than that, it's kind of quiet, eh??

:lol::lol:

I don't like my hair cut . . . it's too short but that's not the problem. The problem is she put some short layers in and THAT is not a good thing, my hair does not do well (never has) with short layers. Skeeter doesn't like her hair cut . . . she says it's too short. Imagine that. I think it's adorable.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

I don't like my hair cut . . . it's too short but that's not the problem. The problem is she put some short layers in and THAT is not a good thing, my hair does not do well (never has) with short layers. Skeeter doesn't like her hair cut . . . she says it's too short. Imagine that. I think it's adorable.

Oye--I hear ya on the too-short layers <_<

jerseyangel Proficient

Speaking of hair....I'm going back in tomorrow to have mine re-relaxed. I had the roots done last week--it lasted really well from January, but the humidity was doing a job on the growing roots--anyway, for some reason it didn't take.

When the solution was on my head, it never started to tingle or anything and Esteban kept checking and asking how my scalp felt. After 10 minutes, he washed it off and blew it dry and it seemed fine.

After I washed it myself the next day, it didn't feel "processed" at all (there's a way it normally "feels" for the first week or so), and the roots are still frizzing up when I'm outside. So, I'm going tomorrow morning to have it re-done.

If it phalls out after all this, I'll post a pic B)

kareng Grand Master

Roda - tried to picture my boys doing this. The youngest would likely sit on the ground with some PB and explain to the not-mouse that he will help it back outside and then it can have a snack. Oldest would put on his old football reciever gloves and try to pick it up. My dog would put his nose down , wag his tail & try to be friends.

Forgot what else... Have to look at posts. Be right back!

kareng Grand Master

Oye--I hear ya on the too-short layers <_<

Can make your hair stick straight out the side of your head.

Patti- remember: Bald is beautiful!

Jestgar Rising Star
Open Original Shared Link
jerseyangel Proficient

Open Original Shared Link

After phiddling wif the sprinklers in the 87% humidity this AM, you betcha! :lol:B)

elye Community Regular

I don't like my hair cut . . . it's too short but that's not the problem. The problem is she put some short layers in and THAT is not a good thing, my hair does not do well (never has) with short layers.

Hey! New av, puleeeeze... . .we will be the judge o' this!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey! New av, puleeeeze... . .we will be the judge o' this!

Yeah--I wanna see Jan-it's new haircut!!!

kareng Grand Master

The Robotics team has decided to play "Assassin." One kid is the Administrator. He assigns everyone someone to "kill". They kill each other by hitting them with a blast of water from a squirt gun. There are rules - can't walk into a house unless invited, not at someone's job, etc. If you get your target, you then take on their target. Jeff keeps going by the house of the guy he has to see if he can catch him outside. He took his squirt gun in the car when we went to Costco, just incase. I forsee some problems with this. What if the person you kill has your name? Matt is playing but at camp until Sunday. If you shoot the person shooting you first, they can't shoot you for another hour. Will let you know if anything silly occurs.

jerseyangel Proficient

Will let you know if anything silly occurs.

What do you mean if something silly occurs??? I'd say it's a slam dunk :P

kareng Grand Master

Morning!

Storm moving through. Nothing psily here yet but the day is young.

jerseyangel Proficient

Morning!

Storm moving through. Nothing psily here yet but the day is young.

I'm just watching the news--we could get locally heavy rain today with cloud to ground lightening :o

Sure hope I get home before that happens....it's sunny at the moment.

Com'on psylls--up and at 'em!! B)

kareng Grand Master

Com'on psylls--up and at 'em!! B)

Everyone sleeping late? Maybe you guys have a life? Something better to do?

I planned to be running errands right now but am waiting for the storm to pass.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

The slacker has returned! Actually, dd has been using my laptop for her final report in school, so I haven't touched it since Saturday. I managed to get all my cakes baked, wrapped and in the freezer, all the chocolate roses made (I think they turned out pretty good!) and I made 2 batches of fondant, so we'll see on Thursday how that works out.... I'm really excited. These cakes will be fun to decorate!! I'm trying to figure out my Cricut cake machine and it's not too easy <_< I think I will stop by Michaels on my way home today and get some of those frosting sheets to try out, cuz it did NOT like the fondant I made! I need more practice and I'm just getting frustrated!

OMG. . . . . don't tell me... ..:unsure: .. .. . .I'm sinking into the dangerous, sordid world of.. .. ..the plustitute?

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

you're just a pl-hussy.

:lol::lol::lol:

I had to read this evah so carefully!

I completed my biannual dig through my bedroom. Damn I have a lot of clothes. Someone should explain to me the process of cleaning one's closet, as I don't seem to be able to accomplish it. I just keep adding. :blink: :blink: :blink:

I have X-amount of hangers, no more is allowed. For every new piece I have to hang up, one has to go in the garbage bag I keep in the back of the closet. We have the ARC who helps women in need with clothes for job interviews and such, plus clothes for kids. They love me. They call about once a month for a pickup. I leave it on the porch, they take it and leave me a tax slip!

Ok, who wants to get rich and famous?

I think there should be a gluten free cooking show on the food network, cuz that Paula Dean's about to kill me with all that wonderful stuff she cooks and bakes.

I was watching the Next Food Network Star yesterday and I was trying to come up with my own 15 second promo :P

Haircuts today for me & Skeeter. Skeeter's got longish hair which, if you all remember, I hacked off during the lice incident of '09 (gah, me scalp itches just thinking about it). She never got a proper hair cut after that. I'm tire of her not brushing her hair, so I'm going to push for a short do.

DD's hair is getting really long and she doesn't want to cut it until it's long enough to donate again. The problem is, she can't/won't take care of it because it's too much for her to handle. I told her last month that she has until school gets out on June 22 to figure out a way to take care of it or ask for help more often or we''re chopping it off the next week! She's done a pretty good job as of late.

No one else knows this, but the little angel wanted to donate her hair 2 years ago (had never had it cut) and it's still in the back of a cupboard because I can't bear to give it away :unsure: It was her first haircut!! I just need to keep a little lock of it and send it in. She'd kill me if she found this out!

Well, my morning started out with a bang.

Gads! I thought only my house was this crazy! I do picture my son in this underware, sword in one hand, shield in the other, but when it comes time to mame the thing, he'd be screaming not to kill it. DD on the other hand would be first in line to smash it's little head in, and DH would be tiptoe'ing on top of a table screaming like a girl :rolleyes::lol::lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Everyone sleeping late?

A 'lay in' is a long forgotten memory - I'm not sure I know how to :unsure:

Darn210 Enthusiast

This morning kids and I met the school nurse and a couple of other friends (w/kids) to sort through the end of the year school supplies. These are the items that have been used by the kids all year that have lots of good wear left that will only be tossed out for a brand new shiny version in the fall. Sorted big boxes of markers/pencils/glue/crayons/etc, throwing out broken, dried up, useless pieces. It will all be donated to an inner city school where the kids have absolutely nothing . . . heartbreaking really when you consider how much of this stuff gets thrown away at home.

Quick lunch and then it's off to me in-laws to help with a little unpacking.

and if I run out of things to do . . . my hubby left me a "to do" list . . . <_< . . . he's walkin' on thin ice.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Preface--dd has 2 gymnastics teachers: Vika (girl) and Lathan (guy)

In the car yesterday on the way to gymnastics, dd says, "Personally, I think that I have a 99% chance of being killed with Lathan and a 1% chance of being killed with Vika, BUT, when I told this to Vika, she said she was pretty sure that it was actually a 99% chance of being killed working with her and a 1% chance of being killed working with Lathan......"

I'm like, "WTF?!?!?!?!"

She says, "Well, Vika thinks that she has a greater chance of dropping me if she has to catch me because she's so much smaller than Lathan"

FFWD to 30 minutes later, Maddie does a massive front handspring off the trampoline, Vika tries to catch her and Maddie lands on top of her and mows her over! God help us all when she moves to the uneven bars!!!

kareng Grand Master

I think Vika has a 99% chance of dying when spotting Maddie! :)

Archived